Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,847 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE (55492 Views)

Do it urself importation: 1688.com Class / Solar Powered Fans For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
We lost our thread due to the data loss on this forum.
LET ME SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN CONSTRUCT YOUR OWN SOLAR POWERED WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM
Here i will FULLY answer ANY question on
*BOREHOLE DRILLING
*SOLAR PUMPS
*SOLAR PANELS
*STANCHION CONSTRUCTION (tank stand)
Etc

NOTE i dont need you to involve me (except it is absolutely neccessary) though i look forward to helping out in any way i can, BUT more importantly i hope to give you enough information right here so that you can DO IT YOURSELF

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Some sample works
This is

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Do you know that solar pumps can last 20years without giving u problems?
True, a lot of solar powered boreholes don't last in Nigeria.
I will tell you why.

Below: community people of Ayede Ogbese (Akure North LGA), enjoying water from one of our projects. When we went to check on it a year later (yes we revisit our projects to ensure they are functioning as they should. cool wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Learn all you want to about borehole drilling. Stop making mistakes
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by ops(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
winkHurray!
Was actually 1dering how to get in touch with u after the data loss.
I hope the offer for free consultancy still stands when the dry season commences.

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
ops: winkHurray!
Was actually 1dering how to get in touch with u after the data loss.
I hope the offer for free consultancy still stands when the dry season commences.
Lol
Sure, my consultancy is absolutely free and always available.
smiley
Welcome back sir
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by ops(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
Thank you very much sir.
I'm following diligently 1ce again.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by investnow2013: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
D_RealGeesam: Learn all you want to about borehole drilling. Stop making mistakes
Hei,please can I have your number?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
invest-now2013:
Can u reach me through my email?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
invest-now2013:
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by investnow2013: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
D_RealGeesam:
Sir here it is
I will delete it soon
Thanks!
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
invest-now2013:
Thanks!
You are welcome sir. Pls modify your post and delete the number. I dont want people calling me (fruadsters could use it).
Thanks sir
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
**UPDATE**
[b]SOURCES OF FRESH WATER YOU CAN PUMP FOR DOMESTIC AND INDUSTRIAL USE [b]
1. Natural sources: rivers, lakes, streams
Disadvantages
Major disadvantage is the high possibility of getting industrial waste and chemicals in the water. These toxins may not be easily removed by common purification processes.
Otherwise, these natural sources are excellent sources of water if you are close to any.
2. Man Made sources
*wells
*water holes
*bore holes

I will be focussing on Natural sources (river, lakes, streams)and boreholes and wells

What you need to do in different situations and how to get what you need at minimal cost.
Please feel free to ask questions regarding your water supply problems.

THERE IS SOLUTION FOR EVERY SITUATION
Dont let anyone complicate things for you.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by tranxo(m): 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Subscribed
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
Here we go
Drilling

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
tranxo: Subscribed
You are welcome sir
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
what makes a good borehole?
Primarily, A good borehole is one that provides you with fresh water that contains very low COLIFORM load and balanced mineral content (meaning it must not have concentrates of any metal or salt)

The quantity of water a borehole can supply is determined by a lot of geological features and variables
More coming soon
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by oscarvicto(m): 2:09am On Jul 03, 2014
Hello sir, please enlighten me on a good solar dc submersible pump for a fish farm. The location is niger delta.

Please check
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 10:36am On Jul 03, 2014
oscarvicto: Hello sir, please enlighten me on a good solar dc submersible pump for a fish farm. The location is niger delta.

Please check
Please i need details, especially the volume of water you need to pump per day
Here are quick facts everyone who wants to use solar power for water pumping should know

*Solar pumps are more expensive than conventional AC pumps. How expensive? Could cost as much as N350,000 or as less as N80,000 (there are cheaper fake chinese solar pumps that are absolute waste of money)

*The output of many solar pumps are determined by the amount of power it gets from the solar panels.

*solar pumps can work with 1/10 the power an AC pump would work with.

*solar panels can last for over 20years and a good solar pump for over 10years

give me details of the fish farm
Is it an earth pond, concrete or plastic?
What is the size
Do you have a bore hole, stream or well as your source of water
Is your source of water salty (even slightly)?
Then i will give you specifics
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 11:18am On Jul 03, 2014
oscarvicto: Hello sir, please enlighten me on a good solar dc submersible pump for a fish farm. The location is niger delta.

Please check
I have replied your mail sir.
I will share the solutions given to you here without giving out any personal information so that others can benefit.
Waiting for the details i asked for.
Thank you sir.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:00am On Jul 04, 2014
Here is a sample project
Total cost: 1.9M
Output: over 40,000 liters per day
Let me take you through the drilling, Metal framework (stanchion) construction, plumbing, brick work etc
Note: this is a sure-p project
For your home solar water supply you could spend as little as N120,000 i will tell you why and how as we go on

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2014
Drilling in different regions of Nigeria
[color=#99000]Lagos[/color]
Lagos is a special case. Like many region in the coastal parts of nigeria, the proximity to salt water (the Atlantic ocean) makes drilling for fresh water in some parts of lagos a special operation.
Getting fresh water is most difficult in Lagos not just because of the ocean, but because the surface water is highly polluted i mean SERIOUSLY POLLUTED.
That is why u will discover that water from an average well or bore hole in lagos has a peculiar smell and taste. People born and breed in Lagos may not know this because they are used to the water, but people from outside lagos usually find the water disgusting.
This is because houses are so close to each other, there is such sewage (toilet waste) in the ground from the numerous soak-aways. No central sewage system, the percolation of the industrial wastes too in the soil etc.
So what should you do when drilling in lagos?
DRILL DEEP! And case out the surface water.
i will talk about other regions too soon
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2014
Now back to our project
First is the geophysical survey

That is our geologist (the man with the umbrella hat) he is sitting on a reel or wires that goes to the probes.
This survey is taking place at offa, kwara state. We will be swapping thru different projects cos for the sake of providing u with pictures for each step.

1 Share

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2014
Must you do geophysical survey?
Cant you just drill everywhere?
The answer is Yes and No
Typically it cost N20,000 to even millions of naira to do a geophysical survey depending on several factors.
So must you spend that extra just for one man to tell u to drill at a spot u could have even picked by yourself.

It is not necessary in all situations, that is the truth. But it increases your chances if having a high yielding borehole. Maybe i will talk more on this if anyone is interested
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Enosa1(m): 9:12am On Jul 04, 2014
Following with keen interest.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by shumuel(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Note: this is a sure-p project[/b]
For your home solar water supply you could spend as little as N120,000 i will tell you why and how as we go on
[/quote]
is this price only for solar pump or both drilling of borehole and solar pump please explain better, i really need the Info. Thank you
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by shumuel(m): 10:37am On Jul 04, 2014
Note: this is a sure-p project[/b]
[/quote]
please is this amount for solar pump alone or for both Drilling of borehole and solar pump ? If not how much will it cost 'home use'
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
shumuel: Note: this is a sure-p project[/b]

please is this amount for solar pump alone or for both Drilling of borehole and solar pump ? If not how much will it cost 'home use'
That is for pump and solar panels only. Very suitable for home use. You get 5,000 liters on a good day.
Enough water for any average home (enough for even 2 flats)

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Noted
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by kolaide(m): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
following, i will appreciate it if you can throw more light on suitability of getting fresh water around ogun state, mowe, in particular. thanks for the info.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
kolaide: following, i will appreciate it if you can throw more light on suitability of getting fresh water around ogun state, mowe, in particular. thanks for the info.
Mowe has a sedimentary basement meaning you have almost a 100% chance of getting fresh water at about 150 feet (40meters) to 230 feet (70meters). The well casing must be what we call "cased-down" meaning u should ensure that if you drill 70 meters then the casing too should be 70 meters cos the sedimentary basement is highly collapsible.

Advice: dont use air compression to drill in this region. They make the basement unstable they are best for an igneous rock basement.

Drilling in this area is very cheap too.

Should you do survey? I will say yes

Make sure you do a proper chlorification of the hole to this water treatment gets rid of microbes in the hole

Ask on anything that is not clear, i will answer.

Hope this helps
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
kolaide: following, i will appreciate it if you can throw more light on suitability of getting fresh water around ogun state, mowe, in particular. thanks for the info.
....Additionally,
Dont drill less than 7meters away from any soak-away (septic tank), the further the better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper / How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. / Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.