Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,091 members, 7,825,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4418236 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (3672) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
/
If you come across oyibo engineers, show some respect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ2PdpLEAG0

\
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/

\

u dnt need to use the title of Engineer for them. they are artisans that are properly trained.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/

\

Erico2K2, come and see something grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Erico2K2, come and see something grin
ahah Thats a CnC machine, but still men still need to do the finishing, impressive though, but I think thats just show off grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
yak:

u dnt need to use the title of Engineer for them. they are artisans that are properly trained.

Did you watch the video?

I don't think you did because artisans didn't design a robotic bricklayer. Engineers did.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
klark3:

Do aluminium steptile also have this leaking issue like metcoppo sir?

No. The Metcoppo has a design flaw.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anochuks08(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
spyder880:

Sir, between the aluminum longspan, steptile and metcoppo, which will you recommend assuming cost is not an issue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
@NairalandSARS
Nairaland PM is not working. Leave your email here.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NairalandSARS: 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
NairalandSARS:

Done sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:04am On Jul 12, 2017
spyder880:

Thanks for the invite Sir.

I have used a lot of tiles from almost all the countries tiles can be imported into Nigeria.

Spanish tiles

These are tiles which are brought in from Spain and are of a noticeably higher quality than some other ones. There seems to me to be a better attempt at the smoothness of the edges, the conscious efforts to glamorize the products coming from that source. I think a lot of Spanish tiles are good to look at, has a good feel and are well packaged to attract the users. Spanish tiles are usually higher priced than some other tiles, except Italian tiles. There are a lot of tiles which comes in from Spain, which seem to be produced for the super rich alone, how can you explain some tiles I have seen, which sell for as much as N40,000 for a single square meter, (it's not a typo cheesy)

Italian tiles

These share most of the characteristics of Spanish tiles, except that I cannot seem to understand the appeal of Italian tiles due to the lack of beautiful colors or designs. Italian tiles are usually a little more expensive than the Spanish tiles. But they are also rugged and will last for a long time before fading due to traffic.

Chinese tiles

Chinese manufacturers started aiming at this country when they found out the crazy demand for tiles here, their tiles are mostly mid range products and are good to use. Many Chinese tiles are cheaper than the Spanish or Italians, there is also the talk that some Chinese imported tiles are of a lower quality than even Nigerian made tiles. I also noticed the copy cat nature of our importers who will pick a design from Spain and move to China to produce same tiles and bring them in, and you can hardly spot the difference.

Nigerian tiles

As a result of the demand, some manufacturers brought in the equipment and knowhow and started making tiles here in Nigeria, before, it was of a lower quality and very light when lifted. The attraction seemed to be the cost, as Nigerian tiles were dirt cheap, compared to its foreign counterparts, but as time moved on, Nigerian tiles makers upped the ante, and now you can hardly differentiate the difference between Nigerian made tiles and the foreign ones. Nigerian tiles are now attracting better attention from users owing to the massive rise in the cost of the foreign tiles, because of the hike in foreign currency exchange rates. We are also copying the foreign designs. The Wood grain designs or the other popular styles are now available with the Nigerian made tiles.

Finally, tiles should be chosen based on the way it appeals to the owner of the house, because we are all different beings. There are people that buy stuff because it's costly, or because it's cheap. There are people who consider the beauty of the designs, while others consider the durability. But one thing is clear, a Nigerian tile can do the same job an expensive foreign tile did. And most people may never notice the difference.

God bless you my brother your last sentence cover it all. If we sit here and start tarnishing our own made products. How do we encourage younger populous to even think of being creative and productive in our society. We need to embrace our product, I believe it was the same technology that was used to produce tiles all around the world. A perfect example is the Nigerian cable industries, despite all the tribulations over the years, they never compromise on the quality of their product and it has been like that for at least 30 years. In the first place, if we can patronize our product. Please tell me, how do we create employment for these time bombing youths roaming around. There are many other nice products that are being locally produced everyday in that country. Our sentiment is most of the reason why we are losing our best brains on the daily basis. This narrative has to change. In order to make meaningful development. Many developed countries around the world, keep their best brains home in their country, developing ideas that will move their country forward. In our own case it is the complete opposite. We need to be proud of whom we are, be proud that at least we are making things and need to improve in it.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:09am On Jul 12, 2017
anochuks08:
Sir, between the aluminum longspan, steptile and metcoppo, which will you recommend assuming cost is not an issue.
Longspan remain the best, Steptiles & Metrocopo are just beauty factory fault affects more with result to leakages. All use same materials by guage, but production differs, longspan with single application while steptiles & Metrocopo 2 applications that can result to leakage from factory & means of transport.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 12, 2017
kopell:
God bless you my brother your last sentence cover it all. If we sit here and start tarnishing our own made products. How do we encourage younger populous to even think of being creative and productive in our society. We need to embrace our product, I believe it was the same technology that was used to produce tiles all around the world. A perfect example is the Nigerian cable industries, despite all the tribulations over the years, they never compromise on the quality of their product and it has been like that for at least 30 years. In the first place, if we can patronize our product. Please tell me, how do we create employment for these time bombing youths roaming around. There are many other nice products that are being locally produced everyday in that country. Our sentiment is most of the reason why we are losing our best brains on the daily basis. This narrative has to change. In order to make meaningful development. Many developed countries around the world, keep their best brains home in their country, developing ideas that will move their country forward. In our own case it is the complete opposite. We need to be proud of whom we are, be proud that at least we are making things and need to improve in it.

I did my part.

If my tiles fade in traffic areas in time then I'll replace it again. I like to remodel every few years anyways.

To be honest, I hold no grudge towards those that choose to go all imported, it's only money. What I don't want to happen is for small budget builders to feel inadequate that they used Nigerian tiles. I see that elitism rearing her ugly head in here occasionally.

Like I said before, any guests that doesn't like my flooring because it's Nigerian can get the fvck out and never come back. Easy peasy grin

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:16am On Jul 12, 2017
Chekitaut:
Longspan remain the best, Steptiles & Metrocopo are just beauty factory fault affects more with result to leakages. All use same materials by guage, but production differs, longspan with single application while steptiles & Metrocopo 2 applications that can result to leakage from factory & means of transport.
With all due respect can you prove this claim?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 3:32am On Jul 12, 2017
Astro Geotech Nigeria Limited
We are based in lagos, Nigeria and we provide inter-state services,
Our services are
1) Water borehole drilling
2) Water treatment
3) Geo-physical survey
4) Soil test / Geo-technical investigation
5) Pile foundation
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
cool Construction and Installation of over-head tanks
9) Project management/Supervision and General construction.
WE RENDER OUR SERVICES ANYWHERE WITHIN NIGERIA
Call or whatsapp +2348136569906
Email astrogeotech@yahoo.com
https://facebook.com/astrogeotech/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AKMoney1(m): 4:40am On Jul 12, 2017
Please my ogas in the building, how much will it cost to fence a plot of land? Also can a 4-6 bedroom fit on a plot of land with adequate garage?. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:20am On Jul 12, 2017
anochuks08:

Chekitaut:

I agree with Chekitaut, lots of complaints from steptiles and Metcoppo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 7:17am On Jul 12, 2017
spyder880:

okay thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:45am On Jul 12, 2017
kopell:
With all due respect can you prove this claim?
Visit the factory you will see the process and my point.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anochuks08(m): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
Chekitaut:
Thanks Sir, I really appreciate this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anochuks08(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
spyder880:

I agree with Chekitaut, lots of complaints from steptiles and Metcoppo.
Thank you very much for this sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
Chekitaut:
Visit the factory you will see the process and my point.
checkiaut x3 be warned and do the needful. thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Aventures:
checkiaut x3 be warned and do the needful. thanks
Bros, am on it. Thanks for understanding.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
kopell:

" start tarnishing our own made products. How do we encourage younger populous to even think of being creative and productive in our society"
It is about quality not trashing
It is a clear message to the manufactures that we demand quality product
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I did my part.

If my tiles fade in traffic areas in time then I'll replace it again. I like to remodel every few years anyways.

To be honest, I hold no grudge towards those that choose to go all imported, it's only money. What I don't want to happen is for small budget builders to feel inadequate that they used Nigerian tiles. I see that elitism rearing her ugly head in here occasionally.

Like I said before, any guests that doesn't like my flooring because it's Nigerian can get the fvck out and never come back. Easy peasy grin

We understand that you are willing to take "Risk"
Other people can't be force to take risk so
we have a choice as individuals
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nigerian are will to buy Nigeria product
But we demand quality
EG If you was going to use one gallon of water to product good, you use half gallon--Hell to the NO
if Use one gallon we will have the same quality
Nigerian will buy Nigeria product
It is about quality china, Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
AKMoney1:
Please my ogas in the building, how much will it cost to fence a plot of land? Also can a 4-6 bedroom fit on a plot of land with adequate garage?. Thanks
600 - 700k for fencing
4-6 bedroom can fit on a plot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2017
klark3:

600 - 700k for fencing
4-6 bedroom can fit on a plot
You need to provide more information
is the plot 60X120 or 50X100
The high of the fence
the total number of blocks divide by 95
multiply by N5,000 (bricklayersN3,00 and service N2,000)--
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klark3: 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
GoodFaith:

You need to provide more information
is the plot 60X120 or 50X100
The high of the fence
the total number of blocks divide by 95
multiply by N5,000 (bricklayersN3,00 and service N2,000)--
i pressumed either 60 x 120 or 100x50...d difference isn't much
used 10coach height
I just wanted the guy to have a rough idea of what he will be spending.
d actual price required may be a little bit higher or less.
but at least this will guide him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
GoodFaith:

We understand that you are willing to take "Risk"
Other people can't be force to take risk so
we have a choice as individuals

And exactly how have I "forced" you to take any risk?

It's nice to see your admittance as to individual choices, that's really good because I'm expressing my own individual choices and will ALWAYS do so regardless of whose Ox is gored.

Also curiously, who is "we"?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And exactly how have I "forced" you to take any risk?

It's nice to see your admittance as to individual choices, that's really good because I'm expressing my own individual choices and will ALWAYS do so regardless of whose Ox is gored.
"In the whole world, security is an illusion, all we can do is reduce the odds by any which way we can.

They got to the Pope, Regan, etc"-- YOUR WORD THE GOAL IS TO MANAGE OUR RISK LEVEL

Also curiously, who is "we"?
Let me make this real clear for you
Individuals have different Risk level
The only reason for this debate is the issue of quality
that all Nigerians must demand from all goods and services manufacture in Nigeria
we have the ability because of OVER HIGH RETURN ON INVESTMENT WE MAKE IT CHEAP
THE OTHER SIDE OF COIN FOR CORRUPTIONS IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
GoodFaith:

Let me make this real clear for you
Individuals have different Risk level
The only reason for this debate is the issue of quality
that all Nigerians must demand from all goods and services manufacture in Nigeria
we have the ability because of OVER HIGH RETURN ON INVESTMENT WE MAKE IT CHEAP
THE OTHER SIDE OF COIN FOR CORRUPTIONS IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES

Sir, i always struggle to get your points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (3672) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Biztech02, Plamer, lucas12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.