Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385005 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
desiji:
my 2 cents:- if we still keep on voting on tribal & ethnic lines rather than fixing a round peg in a round hole we will not reach anywhere.
The place where i am at you are only employed or given task only on what you can bring on the table, no sentiments or he his a landsman of mine , can you imagine the company i am working for i am the only blackman there and my opinion ist respected because i have proved to them i can deliver. if we eventually remove tribal bigotry from all our dealing and forget all this get rich or die trying attitude of ours. i think we will be on the right path

Since una don kuku turn this forum to political section because no meaningful property gist, make I dash una pix of wall panelling a la POP:

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
I personally thank everyone for their opinions in moveing the country forward. As we all knew what our problem are. It's looks to me we're not ready to fix them yet. Can we all go back to building house on planform please.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
youve got serious issue dude. very very deep seated ones.

your narcissistic tendencies are extremely sad.

EgunMogaji:

Stop being selfish.

It's not all about you and your build.

There are over 700 pages, do a search as I'm sure that your question has been answered already. That is if you're really serious.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
which useful side ?
that fat fvck is a troll. 90% percent of any seemingly useful information he posts in the property section is accompanied by pictures of "my build" ...another oppurtunity to gloat about his 5000m2 mansion wey e don dey build since shagari regime, nonsense!

its ok for egun mogaji to ask questions as irrelevant as how much is a bag of nail.... but NO!! others cant , they should just get t thier lazy butts to work and scour the 999 pages of the property section bible. Afterall he's the boss. broke ass.

my brother you're better off asking direct questions if you have any. that way you get the exact information you need
jabolo:

You certainly have your useful side on this site but why you feel the overiding desire to be rude and brusque with people, I have absolutely no idea.

Let me stop there. I don't intend to get into a stupid slanging match with you.

Now, if someone else has ideas or tips about Properties, they would be welcome. Thanks

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Commonsense101:
youve got serious issue dude. very very deep seated ones.

your narcissistic tendencies are extremely sad.

Thank you Sir, have a nice day grin

#Alternate #UserID #Reactivated #IFeelSpecial

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
Commonsense101:
which useful side ?
that fat fvck is a troll. 90% percent of any seemingly useful information he posts in the property section is accompanied by pictures of "my build" ...another oppurtunity to gloat about his 5000m2 mansion wey e don dey build since shagari regime, nonsense!

its ok for egun mogaji to ask questions as irrelevant as how much is a bag of nail.... but NO!! others cant , they should just get t thier lazy butts to work and scour the 999 pages of the property section bible. Afterall he's the boss. broke ass.

my brother you're better off asking direct questions if you have any. that way you get the exact information you need

He did post his question just that no one answered him, including you grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
desiji:
my 2 cents:- if we still keep on voting on tribal & ethnic lines rather than fixing a round peg in a round hole we will not reach anywhere.
The place where i am at you are only employed or given task only on what you can bring on the table, no sentiments or he his a landsman of mine , can you imagine the company i am working for i am the only blackman there and my opinion ist respected because i have proved to them i can deliver. if we eventually remove tribal bigotry from all our dealing and forget all this get rich or die trying attitude of ours. i think we will be on the right path

I'm just curious about what the landscape will be in 5 to 10 years.

I think most of the old dogs would be dead but the youngsters are they any better?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
diordaves:

Since una don kuku turn this forum to political section because no meaningful property gist, make I dash una pix of wall panelling a la POP:

This ought to be good for sound deadening cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes, this will help sound deadening with stud partition walls. But in Nigeria, our blocks are doing a good job of sound proofing. This is just for aesthetic. Just that one is saddled with a white wall as this looks better in white I think.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talkamu: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Truth be told. This nurgar called Egunmogaji is actually one broke ass nurgar. He ought to sit silently in this thread and observe when people with more money, more resource and most importantly more decent upbringing are appraising house construction on this site. But him no go gree, he has all the ideas, he knows it all. Were he building something tangible now, we would understand, the broke idiot can not even erect the boys quarters of his useless bungalow, yet he grandstands here daily. People are forever hypocritical, hence no one will tell him the truth, they laugh at him in silence. Proper onye ara! Yes I was forced to activate and lash you today after reading the pooh you dish out here daily, to people who are capable of employing you as a house help and also help you build your God- forsaken bungalow. Now he will say he is an American. America my arse. and so? Sturpid fat cow with a backside as humongous as that of a whale. Onye ochi.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talkamu: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

If we can only harvest the powers of Benin Airways people then we'll be in business.

There are Nigerians working in top positions in aviation (both military and commercial) around the world. We are not serious yet to encourage them to come back home and create our industry.

When you started building your refugee camp of a bungalow, nor be you talk an for say even ya screw na for America you go ship am come? Eventually, you had to crawl, on all four and became a daylight -apostle of made in Nigeria. Pray, with all your 40 years in America, will it be a crime if you have managed to save some dollars and set up something in Nigeria, instead of ridiculing what people are trying to do back home. All you have is mouth, you do not have a kobo to your name, I am sure you are regtretting the size of your bungalow now, especially as the exchange rate is firming up. Nna, bikonu, write am down, na your pickin go finish that house, you simply just do not have the wherewithal to finish it. Fat eediort

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adewaleID: 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
[quote][font=Lucida Sans Unicode] mufutau55:

Yiu have to ask Honorable EgunMogaji of the cost for that burglary o. He is the one who just got one.
@EgunMogaji, please respond.
I am sending you email on another matter... lookout for it.

Hajji M.

I haven't negotiated price yet but he's my ONLY welder on my site. His brief is to submit one regular bar one openable in an emergency bar and then we'll talk.

Humbly at your service Sir.

Point noted. I will send the design to my local welder and see what he comes up with

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Talkamu:

When you started building your refugee camp of a bungalow, nor be you talk an for say even ya screw na for America you go ship am come? Eventually, you had to crawl, on all four and became a daylight -apostle of made in Nigeria. Pray, with all your 40 years in America, will it be a crime if you have managed to save some dollars and set up something in Nigeria, instead of ridiculing what people are trying to do back home. All you have is mouth, you do not have a kobo to your name, I am sure you are regtretting the size of your bungalow now, especially as the exchange rate is firming up. Nna, bikonu, write am down, na your pickin go finish that house, you simply just do not have the wherewithal to finish it. Fat eediort

Guys, is refuge camp better or worse than padlock garage? grin

#WhenTheirFirstPostIsOnMe

#Elated

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
diordaves:

Yes, this will help sound deadening with stud partition walls. But in Nigeria, our blocks are doing a good job of sound proofing. This is just for aesthetic. Just that one is saddled with a white wall as this looks better in white I think.

I'm all for hiding the grotesque mortar work of some of our artisans.

Good idea.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
Talkamu:

Truth be told. This nurgar called Egunmogaji is actually one broke ass nurgar. He ought to sit silently in this thread and observe when people with more money, more resource and most importantly more decent upbringing are appraising house construction on this site. But him no go gree, he has all the ideas, he knows it all. Were he building something tangible now, we would understand, the broke idiot can not even erect the boys quarters of his useless bungalow, yet he grandstands here daily. People are forever hypocritical, hence no one will tell him the truth, they laugh at him in silence. Proper onye ara! Yes I was forced to activate and lash you today after reading the pooh you dish out here daily, to people who are capable of employing you as a house help and also help you build your God- forsaken bungalow. Now he will say he is an American. America my arse. and so? Sturpid fat cow with a backside as humongous as that of a whale. Onye ochi.

You're very funny. I like you grin

#EgunMogajiHolic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talkamu: 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're very funny. I like you grin

#EgunMogajiHolic

Na your people dey talk am say "person wey people dey look, wey dem dey follow cry, him dey look himself, come dey laugh" stvpidly feeling elated like a nodding red-neck lizard". You just hang here every second of the Fvcking day, spouting Buellsheeet. You are on your own, keep to your lane. No one cares. Fat whale. You honestly have nothing to teach anyone here, your American ideas are not adaptable. Yes, I know...now you will go singing your song about not caring , but dude, you are just a sad, sad soul, always seeking to diminish other people. uber-sadist, you are.

You go on as if you are the king here, yet this is actually a committee of like-minded people, equal people wanting to learn and share ideas. Not a stage for a preening little wannabe like thou. Mechonu. abegi.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
Talkamu:

Na your people dey talk am say "person wey people dey look, wey dem dey follow cry, him dey look himself, come dey laugh" stvpidly feeling elated like a nodding red-neck lizard". You just hang here every second of the Fvcking day, spouting Buellsheeet. You are on your own, keep to your lane. No one cares. Fat whale. You honestly have nothing to teach anyone here, your American ideas are not adaptable. Yes, I know...now you will go singing your song about not caring , but dude, you are just a sad, sad soul, always seeking to diminish other people. uber-sadist, you are.

You go on as if you are the king here, yet this is actually a committee of like-minded people, equal people wanting to learn and share ideas. Not a stage for a preening little wannabe like thou. Mechonu. abegi.

Excellent grin

Write more thesis.

#InferiorityComplex

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
Common sense 101 and talkamu ,
please sheath your sword smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
diordaves:

Me likey, the Pop background looks like a club l chilled few months ago in Asia smiley

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I haven't negotiated price yet but he's my ONLY welder on my site. His brief is to submit one regular bar one openable in an emergency bar and then we'll talk.
Humbly at your service Sir.

Thank you very much Sir. may be I should send him to 'Biodun for some comparison including windows.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
desiji:

I don't see Tribalism stopping in Nigeria unless we divide the country into many parts.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Me likey, the Pop background looks like a club l chilled few months ago in Asia smiley

That background is high maintenance in Nigeria. If Nigerian, mud and dirty fingers catch that wall, I no think say you go like am after few months. You will need to paint every now and then.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
mufutau55:

Thank you very much Sir. may be I should send him to 'Biodun for some comparison including windows.

Hajji M.

He'll be in very good hands with Mr. Biodun cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
mufutau55:

I don't see Tribalism stopping in Nigeria unless we divide the country into many parts.

Hajji M.

I have Tears Of The Sun Streaming on another monitor here. I think it should be required watching for Nigerians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCkIJoWIwg0
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
diordaves:

That background is high maintenance in Nigeria. If Nigerian, mud and dirty fingers catch that wall, I no think say you go like am after few months. You will need to paint every now and then.
True that, lack of proper and consistent maintenance culture is a big issue in Nigeria, it reminds me of my friend who is currently on vacation in Lagos, according to him, he is staying in a hotel somewhere around Lekki and pays over 40,000 a night, he said the bathroom is not clean and that he has to complain over and over for the management to keep the place clean, I laughed and told him, welcome to Nigeria sad

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
lol...Reason I believe that if you are not leaving in Nigeria 100% of the time, please build a small house that you can clean yourself and enjoy your space...show off doesn't make sense in Nigeria. My one bedroom apartment is always clean and I have light 100% of the time because is very small that I can power cheaply with generator and invert with no problem. I can afford to pain it each time am about to visit Nigeria cheaply too because I have cut my Cloth accordingly to my Sense.

AngelicBeing:
True that, lack of proper and consistent maintenance culture is a big issue in Nigeria, it reminds me of my friend who is currently on vacation in Lagos, according to him, he is staying in a hotel somewhere around Lekki and pays over 40,000 a night, he said the bathroom is not clean and that he has to complain over and over for the management to keep the place clean, I laughed and told him, welcome to Nigeria sad

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
true2home:

lol...Reason I believe that if you are not leaving in Nigeria 100% of the time, please build a small house that you can clean yourself and enjoy your space...show off doesn't make sense in Nigeria. My one bedroom apartment is always clean and I have light 100% of the time because is very small that I can power cheaply with generator and invert with no problem. I can afford to pain it each time am about to visit Nigeria cheaply too because I have cut my Cloth accordingly to my Sense.

I realized this very quickly and hence why I built a "refuge camp" grin guest quarters first.

The main house will be fully completed when I'm home full time, which is shortly. I still believe in the real estate mantra of building/buying the biggest house that you can afford.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talkamu: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Common sense 101 and talkamu ,
please sheath your sword smiley

Thanks chief, and my profuse apologies for having to temprarily derail the purpose of the thread by lashing out at that incorrigble, recalcitrant element. This thread is international, it is read all over the world, perhaps the most popular thread on Nairaland in terms of purpose and reach. Imagine just having a non-entity just polluting the thread everytime, not because he has anything tangible to contibute, apart from disputing logic and shyte.

You guys are superstars, all of you, and your reknown amongst Nigerians in diaspora will surprise you. we build daily, we read you guys daily, we learn daily. We don't want any eediort sticking out like a sore thumb just writing rubbeesh without any tangible or discernible relevance to what people want to achieve here.

Thanks for what you people do here.All of you, and yes, I go back to being anonymous and reading as I do, until the fat Buffalo abuses people again and I will come out and put him in his place.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
true2home:

l concur with you, it is always good to have a small place to cool off on arrival to Nigeria instead of wasting money all the time sleeping in the hotel cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Talkamu:

Thanks chief, and my profuse apologies for having to temprarily derail the purpose of the thread by lashing out at that incorrigble, recalcitrant element. This thread is international, it is read all over the world, perhaps the most popular thread on Nairaland in terms of purpose and reach. Imagine just having a non-entity just polluting the thread everytime, not because he has anything tangible to contibute, apart from disputing logic and shyte.

You guys are superstars, all of you, and your reknown amongst Nigerians in diaspora will surprise you. we build daily, we read you guys daily, we learn daily. We don't want any eediort sticking out like a sore thumb just writing rubbeesh without any tangible or discernible relevance to what people want to achieve here.

Thanks for what you people do here.All of you, and yes, I go back to being anonymous and reading as I do, until the fat Buffalo abuses people again and I will come out and put him in his place.
You are always welcome smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

He'll be in very good hands with Mr. Biodun cool

Communicated to him Sir. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Talkamu:

Una d on start again, U created new ID just to derail this wonderful thread,.Trouble has left this thread But who ever you are seem it fit to return it,I dont know what you gain from this.But we thanks GOD

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.