Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,369 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4506936 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (3696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi2pus(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
twinskenny:

What if you have an architect/engr handle everything from the start? Have an agreed sum?

That wouldn't be cost effective
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi2pus(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
jwals:

The quote (BILL OF QUANTITY)from your QS for every stage of work covers for both material and labor cost, some per/sqm while some per/cubicmetre but never the less you can tell your QS to arrange only material schedules from stage to stage, since you want to procure your materials your self, then the labor cost would be bargained separately at every stage; but note for some elements of work it's is cost intensive to sub-contract them because of the misuse of material by work men E.g POP, that means the work man would buy the material himself and that would make him to be responsible for his material management, yours would be to make sure he finished your work has agreed before giving all the agreed balance.

Your advice is appreciated
I will do just this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
AZUH:
Chicken leg piller s

It is now, officially ELEPHANT LEG Pillar!

But seriously, that window is almost touching the outside floor level.
Why not use all the money you are wasting on all these aesthetics, to improve the structure itself, by raising it up a few coaches so that your internal floor level will not be below the floor level of the compound?

Anyway, what do l know.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:52am On Jan 24, 2018
AZUH:
thanks , Do you feel there's something I need to correct?
i can't see the dpc slab maybe half or full even if the dpm is not in use in this,this might cos the building to be expose to moisture from both horizontal and below level,it will affect the foundation as well,most of the secrets will be seen at rainy season,how many block from the apparently rough leveling to the windows opening?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:38am On Jan 24, 2018
Daboomb:

Why not use all the money you are wasting on all these aesthetics, to improve the structure itself, by raising it up a few coaches so that your internal floor level will not be below the floor level of the compound?

Anyway, what do l know.
thanks bro , few coaches , how do you mean bro ?abeg I nor know anything for building . Help !! Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:41am On Jan 24, 2018
Timtol:

i can't see the dpc slab maybe half or full even if the dpm is not in use in this,this might cos the building to be expose to moisture from both horizontal and below level,it will affect the foundation as well,most of the secrets will be seen at rainy season,how many block from the apparently rough leveling to the windows opening?
the engineer doesn't know anything, I think the dpc is one block up , one block down , I'm going to use bricks , around the hose before the sketches.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 5:18am On Jan 24, 2018
AZUH:
the engineer doesn't know anything, I think the dpc is one block up , one block down , I'm going to use bricks , around the hose before the sketches.
then you shouldn't have given it to him.
congratulations on your columns again and best of luck on your project sir.
GOOD MORNING
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 24, 2018
May I please see pictures of your yard lights? I want to gauge what is readily available in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 7:42am On Jan 24, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Chineke Odinma shocked

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2018
chidexy:

You can calculate the volume of the water tank
V =3.14*r²*h

And convert it to litres using 1cubic metre equals 1litre
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidexy(m): 8:52am On Jan 24, 2018
mank1234:

And convert it to litres using 1cubic metre equals 1litre

1m³ equals 1000 litres

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:20am On Jan 24, 2018
AZUH:
how bro ?

Initially the legs of the pillars be like broom stick. Later, the legs come fat and fine like trunk of Iroko tree. No be makeup be that?. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2018
NL1960:

Initially the legs of the pillars be like broom stick. Later, the legs come fat and fine like trunk of Iroko tree. No be makeup be that?. grin
bro I just need suggestions . Thanks .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:05am On Jan 24, 2018
Timtol:

then you shouldn't have given it to him.
congratulations on your columns again and best of luck on your project sir.
GOOD MORNING
thank you bro . It's well !!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
chidexy:

1m³ equals 1000 litres

My error. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
AZUH:
thank you bro . It's well !!
amen. EVENING HOUSE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
AZUH:
Chicken leg piller s
ahah,U dis man, COngrats, its now an Elephant leg Piller grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
erico2k2:
lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
Any idea on price of this in the local market?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Any idea on price of this in the local market?

cc: allcopacetic
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
Daboomb:

Anyway, what do l know.

@ AZUH

I see nothing wrong with the window level. I think people might be mistaking the level of the belt & the window designs for the original window height . From the picture, I can see that it is at least 4 coaches which is the standard. I won't advise you to raise the level of your internal floor any higher than what it is right now unless of course you are having flood problem. Even at this, you may want to add rain water stopper at the entrance for solution.

Sorry, I'm not a pro. I'm just someone that learned from mistakes.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
tobbyboy2011:
Below is the quotation my builder gave me. Please builders in the house help me look into it and advice

Block=4000(amount 800,000)
Sharp sand =90tonnes (amount 189,000)
Soft sand =30tonnes (amount 63,000)
Granite =60tonnes(amount160,000)
Cement =120bags (amount 312,000)
iron rod=100length (amount 190,000)
Gutter rod 30length (amount 51,000)
Larteraite 60tonnes (amount 90,000)
Binding wire (amount 5,000)
Total =1,860,00
Plus (+) workmanship =300,000
Ground TOTAL=2,160,000

Builders in the house please help me, location is ibadan, and its a 6 Flats Of Two Bedroom Flats A Storey Building

He/she is charging you N200 per block
You can mold your block for about N400,000.00
If it is foundation to Roofing level , it is not a bad price but molding ur block will save u N400,000.00
No carpenter price and iron bender
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 4:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
Qc1:

@ AZUH

I see nothing wrong with the window level. I think people might be mistaking the level of the belt & the window designs for the original window height . From the picture, I can see that it is at least 4 coaches which is the standard. I won't advise you to raise the level of your internal floor any higher than what it is right now unless of course you are having flood problem. Even at this, you may want to add rain water stopper at the entrance for solution.

Sorry, I'm not a pro. I'm just someone that learned from mistakes.

thanks !!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 4:54pm On Jan 25, 2018
erico2k2:

thanks bro . Any others mistakes ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
Timtol:

amen.
EVENING HOUSE
evening house ? What do you mean ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
AZUH:
He wasn't referring to your house, it's a greeting to the members of this thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
AZUH:
Lol
Him dey greet every members of dis thread...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
AZUH:
thanks bro . Any others mistakes ?
All good bro . Nothing do you . I hope you sort the low DPC probs soon coos of water
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zeelo2014: 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
Please I need a reliable contact for stainless rails. Pls quote me and mention the moniker. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Usman4: 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=tobbyboy2011 post=64432237]Below is the quotation my builder gave me. Please builders in the house help me look into it and advice

Block=4000(amount 800,000)
Sharp sand =90tonnes (amount 189,000)
Soft sand =30tonnes (amount 63,000)
Granite =60tonnes(amount160,000)
Cement =120bags (amount 312,000)
iron rod=100length (amount 190,000)
Gutter rod 30length (amount 51,000)
Larteraite 60tonnes (amount 90,000)
Binding wire (amount 5,000)
Total =1,860,00
Plus (+) workmanship =300,000
Ground TOTAL=2,160,000

Builders in the house please help me, location is ibadan, and its a 6 Flats Of Two Bedroom Flats A Storey Building.
Tobbyboy2011, what stage of the building project is this quotation for?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tobbyboy2011: 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=Usman4 post=64512067][/quote]

Foundation only

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (3696) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Horlardorjah(m), Buharidgeneral and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.