Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (994) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4447115 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2018
diordaves:

N3,500 per window, workmanship only Delta State. Precast on the floor and hung when partly cured. A good grade quality surround hood consumes cement like kilode, so be prepared.
Men N3,500 for workmanship per precast window of any size, after providing all materials bros that way to high oh. May be only in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
kopell:
Men N3,500 for workmanship per precast window of any size, after providing all materials bros that way to high oh. May be only in Delta State.

Na how much in your area @Kopell?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
Badgers14:

Do you have a picture of the unit by any chance?

And even idea of the price.

@Topsy23

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
folmus:

Na how much in your area @Kopell?
Bathrooms window N900, regular N1,800 big windows and doors N2,300, Ark with very good looking designs N2,500. The are not even precast, these are permanently done before plastering with all materials suppled by me about a year ago.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:31am On Jul 08, 2018
kopell:
Bathrooms window N900, regular N1,800 big windows and doors N2,300, Ark with very good looking designs N2,500. The are not even precast, these are permanently done before plastering with all materials suppled by me about a year ago.

Baba, is this Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:44am On Jul 08, 2018
My bricklayer is multi talented and I get 3 done per day. No ask me him number cos we are fully busy till the end of September after that no problems

diordaves:

N3,500 per window, workmanship only Delta State. Precast on the floor and hung when partly cured. A good grade quality surround hood consumes cement like kilode, so be prepared.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:51am On Jul 08, 2018
grin grin grin God dey oh

Get 2 more quotes [quote author=meohio7777 post=69030654][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
gabbytabby:
My bricklayer is multi talented and I get 3 done per day. No ask me him number cos we are fully busy till the end of September after that no problems

Mama, release them for one week cheesy cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
gabbytabby:

hmmm...houses wey this one don build go don reach 200...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
gabbytabby:

Well done. Full steam ahead. I'm proud of you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
kopell:

In my submission, I wrote there are two types, the first one I did was just 2k per window in Abuja. This is type they permanently nail the precast to the wall with concrete nails. I had to remove them for personal reason and put the second one that involves actually casting the precast to your wall... I paid 3k per window for this.
To me, it's a spectrum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
kopell:

This is very good oh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dpeaceland1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
among the group of building team...who is to account first for collapsed or failure of building structure...let us discuss on these....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
dpeaceland1:
among the group of building team...who is to account first for collapsed or failure of building structure...let us discuss on these....
The person supervising the project as at the point of collapse.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
alstacs:

In my submission, I wrote there are two types, the first one I did was just 2k per window in Abuja. This is type they permanently nail the precast to the wall with concrete nails. I had to remove them for personal reason and put the second one that involves actually casting the precast to your wall... I paid 3k per window for this.
To me, it's a spectrum
Just concrete nails without cement binding seem to me like an incomplete job...Wouldn't accept such

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
Teebawse:

I can authoritatively confirm that it gets delivered to my site in sangotedo at that rate with no foul play at all

In Ajah it's definitely 42-45k for 20tonne
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2018
alstacs:

If this is windowhood, I did that recently and I am aware there are two types.
1. A such simpler one that is nailed to the wall using concrete nails after prrfabrication on ground. This goes for 2-3k workmanship per window irrespective of size. You will supply sand, cement, nails and maybe binding wires.

2. The second one is prefabricated as well but it comes with casting of the prefabricated hoods to the wall; though they are temporarily held in place with bidining wires and nails. This cost about 3-4k workmanship per window too but you will provide the materials for this as well.

I used about 30 bags of cement, 7 packets of concrete nails and half roll of binding wire for 29 windows
The second one you describe is what i saw in abuja. binding wires were used and they ceate an hole where the concrete nail will be inserted when fixing the hood to the window wall.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2018
Badgers14:

Do you have a picture of the unit by any chance?

check the pictures below
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2018
topsy23:

check the pictures below

You might have forgotten to attach the picture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2018
topsy23:

check the pictures below

Sorry this didn't attached. If can msg me on whatsapp 08033643191 for design and also pictures

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by educhigo: 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2018
please i need some advice i'm building a bungalow and the house has paratec i'm having problem with my engineer because i'm telling him that the lintel suppose to be 1block before the paratec but he say that is 2blocks,so please can i go with 2blocks or 1block ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2018
educhigo:
please i need some advice i'm building a bungalow and the house has paratec i'm having problem with my engineer because i'm telling him that the lintel suppose to be 1block before the paratec but he say that is 2blocks,so please can i go with 2blocks or 1block ?
go 2 blocks for a high headroom for ur building .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2018
lawofeso:

Is here anyone that can design a 3bedroom on a 1/2 a plot
yes ,a lot of people can do that here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by askmeee: 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2018
Gud day everyone in the House, Please I am a Graduate of building technology. Please I need a Job as a Site Engineer/ Site supervisor. I reside in Lagos and I am willing to relocate to any part of the country. thanks .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2018
educhigo:

I believed your engr is a professional, he Knows more than you in that field that is why you gave him the job to do so allow him to do his job, ....he is right with what he said some even go for 3 courses of block.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by educhigo: 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
ok,thanks for the advise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by teaandteea: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2018
Contact me for your land clearing today. 08125193014
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
Will yours cost N270M just as it cost David Babachir same amount to clear the same grass grin grin
teaandteea:
Contact me for your land clearing today. 08125193014

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2018
Dremca:
Will yours cost N270M just as it cost David Babachir same amount to clear the same grass grin grin
Hian, 270 million to clear grass, is the root of the grass from Jupiter shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
Lol. The root is from daura.
AngelicBeing:
Hian, 270 million to clear grass, is the root of the grass from Jupiter shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PreyeAdams: 7:27am On Jul 10, 2018
Good morning house,
Please is it possible to start laying blocks for the first floor about four days after pouring concrete for the slab?

(1) (2) (3) ... (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Beframia, double3(m), solomonjac(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.