Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400962 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2018
Badgers14:
Question:

I don't really like this idea of hanging ac left and right in the house. I think it makes the building ugly.

Is it possible to build a duplex in Nigeria that utilizes central air?? I have never seen one before.

Of course it is possible to do a central AC system for a duplex. It's done in Nigeria. Some banks that rent private duplexes and convert to office use run central AC. You must incorporate this at the drawing stage of the house plan, not an afterthought but rather an aforethought.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkade75: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Purpose built 3 Bedroom Flat with C of O. fenced with gate on a half plot of land. With All rooms ensuite. Each room with toilet and wardrobe and all tiled. Functional water supply.

Sitting room measures 21 by 21 feet and master bedroom measures 21 by 15 feet.

Masters is 21 by 15 ft,.Floors are tiled including kitchen and bathroom walls.

Location is Osere Matogbun Agbado Oke-Aro Lagos suburb.

Call or WhatsApp Adedoyin on 08023709019.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
lawofeso:

On the 4 bedroom plan pictured earlier, can one put that on a half a plot? If not what is a good design for half a plot
It can't fit.
3bedroom bungalow will fit pending on the plot shape but if duplex even 5bedroom will do.
God bless
#Cornerstone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
bixton:

Your expenditure may be within #1.5M for a simple single unit of it excluding roof work.
Afternoon,
What's your whatsapp no again sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
Timtol:

Afternoon,
What's your whatsapp no again sir?

Good Afternoon, Sir
whatsapp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Please can anyone help me a good H Beam Water Stanchion Tower maker in Lagos with Grating option. How much are we looking for budget.. Please advice. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
How much are the iron fabricated door sold now 6 inches & 9 inches, i need 8 pieces
Anyone in the house with information where i can get this, focus area Shagamu, Ijebu Ode, Epe Axis.
Saludos!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lawofeso: 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
Timtol:

It can't fit.
3bedroom bungalow will fit bend on the plot shape but if duplex even 5bedroom will do.
God bless
#Cornerstone

Is here anyone that can design a 3bedroom on a 1/2 a plot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by presiade(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
yinkade75:
Purpose built 3 Bedroom Flat with C of O. fenced with gate on a half plot of land. With All rooms ensuite. Each room with toilet and wardrobe and all tiled. Functional water supply.

Sitting room measures 21 by 21 feet and master bedroom measures 21 by 15 feet.

Masters is 21 by 15 ft,.Floors are tiled including kitchen and bathroom walls.

Location is Osere Matogbun Agbado Oke-Aro Lagos suburb.

Call or WhatsApp Adedoyin on 08023709019.

Asking price? And what's the overall size of the plot?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 12:22am On Jul 05, 2018
Badgers14:
Question:

I don't really like this idea of hanging ac left and right in the house. I think it makes the building ugly.

Is it possible to build a duplex in Nigeria that utilizes central air?? I have never seen one before.
Yes, central ac is possible, in my church all our acs is buried under the ceiling and I once built for a client then and I used picture framed ac, the ac is like a picture frame and nobody will no it is an ac.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 12:48am On Jul 05, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:

Yes, central ac is possible, in my church all our acs is buried under the ceiling and I once built for a client then and I used picture framed ac, the ac is like a picture frame and nobody will no it is an ac.

Wow that's interesting, is it affordable? Do you have pictures of the project you executed?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 6:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Good thoughts and images. I welcome the idea of tall windows and flow in the designs you posted.
However who will agree to build a house with an all glass wall in Nigeria or even Banana Island (privacy and security issues).
Also, an open floor plan with kitchen and living room may not work in Naija (our food can smell and oil smoke na die)
In some of the plans posted some rooms have only one window and bathrooms are a bit far off. Not good enuf for Naija
I personally think some of our architects here are good but they are limited in adopting intriguing or new house features and schemes esp from the external outlook and designs. That's why Skimanski rides high.

The question of "what makes this house unique yet practical must be answered".

My layman thoughts sha

diordaves:
I've always admired Australian home designs. Most parts of Australia are just as hot and humid like Africa, so in my quest for a functional home design for retirement, a home with good flow, connectivity, airy and light, I had a look downunder Australia. I was so pleased.

The achitecture is so simple but versatile and modern. No gragragra and wasteful features and fixture like most Nigerian blend. No unnecessary Roman columns, expensive parapet. It's really the floor plans that I'm just in love with.

I've sampled some Australian floor plans for critique. From duplex down to four bedrooms, three bedrooms. What I like is the flow of the the whole house. The blend of the kitchen, dinning and living area. So one can be cooking and still engage with the family and then the master class is how this living area flows seemlessly to the Afresco, what we would normally build as a boring balcony. And then what they call the media room which is effectively a reception room for visitors. Yes, some of the plans attached my need minor adjustments according to personal way of life, but I think in the grand scheme of things, Australian floor plans are better suited for hot climate than our current design in Nigeria. Our homes are designed to depend on AC and fan too much. Too many dark areas with no natural light or even ventilation. I think our achitects can do better. What do you guys think?

PHOTOS: plans with Afresco.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:27am On Jul 05, 2018
lawofeso:

Is here anyone that can design a 3bedroom on a 1/2 a plot
Yeah!
I can. I've sometime back done that on 50/50 in Ikorodu
Check my sig for more info.
#Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jamesqu(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2018
Happy new year....this thread never die.

Nice!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
ceelog:

Good thoughts and images. I welcome the idea of tall windows and flow in the designs you posted.
However who will agree to build a house with an all glass wall in Nigeria or even Banana Island (privacy and security issues).
Also, an open floor plan with kitchen and living room may not work in Naija (our food can smell and oil smoke na die)
In some of the plans posted some rooms have only one window and bathrooms are a bit far off. Not good enuf for Naija
I personally think some of our architects here are good but they are limited in adopting intriguing or new house features and schemes esp from the external outlook and designs. That's why Skimanski rides high.

The question of "what makes this house unique yet practical must be answered".

My layman thoughts sha

My late uncle owns a 5 bedroom single storey building with 2 sides of the main lounge completely glass and one side dwarf wall and glass. The master bedroom is 2 sides full glass with an open balcony. He was buried in 1995 and that house is on rental. That structure is on a 3 plots of land in GRA.

It's not about naija, its about the individual/client , the architect and the will to spend the money.

Lots of persons have come up with foreign designs and they could not even effect 20% of such design flow pattern for their individual homes in naija.

With the exception of a simple 2 bedroom floor plan, most floor plans designed by architects are nothing to write about. The best that could happen is windows for cross ventilation and superb 3D.

Everyone designs according to what he/she knows and how it suits the client.
Architects don't design because they can handle the software, they design to be able to make money easily.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
Jamesqu:
Happy new year....this thread never die.
Nice!!!
same lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:24am On Jul 06, 2018
bixton:

Good Afternoon, Sir
whatsapp
Morning sir,
Don't know my whatsapp problem oo can't see new contact after refreshing.
Pls kindly check my sig and chat me up to pass my message sir.
Thanks & appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2018
Badgers14:

Wow that's interesting, is it affordable? Do you have pictures of the project you executed?
Phone stolen, it is affordable, if you need it I can get it for you. Just whatsapp me on 07051805606 with installation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:47am On Jul 06, 2018
please what is the cost range for Window skirting? simple skirting for 17(4*4) and 8 toilet windows.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
please what is the cost range for Window skirting? simple skirting for 17(4*4) and 8 toilet windows.

Who has information on these should please share.
There are some skirting that are prefabricated on the ground before been fixed on the windows.
If you have information on the cost of window skirting , make una share the info.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
Always factor in safety and privacy issues in the Nigerian context extremely important .
diordaves:
I've always admired Australian home designs. Most parts of Australia are just as hot and humid like Africa, so in my quest for a functional home design for retirement, a home with good flow, connectivity, airy and light, I had a look downunder Australia. I was so pleased.

The achitecture is so simple but versatile and modern. No gragragra and wasteful features and fixture like most Nigerian blend. No unnecessary Roman columns, expensive parapet. It's really the floor plans that I'm just in love with.

I've sampled some Australian floor plans for critique. From duplex down to four bedrooms, three bedrooms. What I like is the flow of the the whole house. The blend of the kitchen, dinning and living area. So one can be cooking and still engage with the family and then the master class is how this living area flows seemlessly to the Afresco, what we would normally build as a boring balcony. And then what they call the media room which is effectively a reception room for visitors. Yes, some of the plans attached my need minor adjustments according to personal way of life, but I think in the grand scheme of things, Australian floor plans are better suited for hot climate than our current design in Nigeria. Our homes are designed to depend on AC and fan too much. Too many dark areas with no natural light or even ventilation. I think our achitects can do better. What do you guys think?

PHOTOS: plans with Afresco.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
itswell1:

There are some skirting that are prefabricated on the ground before been fixed on the windows.
If you have information on the cost of window skirting , make una share the info.
Window skirting or window hood?
Can u show pictures sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
gabbytabby:
Always factor in safety and privacy issues in the Nigerian context extremely important .
Outside those two....Culture & way of life are great factors affecting d architecture of any location. I believe certain designs just can't work in this part of the world, except u aren't expecting some kind persons to live with u....& ready to avoid cooking some foods...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fortune444: 8:59am On Jul 07, 2018
Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!

A fast growing interior design company is seeking the services of the following individuals to work in our furniture/interior design company in Port Harcourt, Rivers State:

-Business Development / Sales Lead: An OND, HND or Bachelor Degree holder with a flair for sales and customer service to boost sale of furniture and interior design products and services. Previous experience selling or in a furniture company as an added advantage. Good Understanding of social media techniques, mass communication to potential customers and a strong drive to succeed in the role will be pluses. A Go Getter, Persuasive, Articulate and Eloquent, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Good sense of responsibility and leadership to manage other company staff as assigned, a keen interest to grow in the organization, Honest and focusedMales and Females are encouraged to apply alike
Females are especially encouraged to apply!

-Upholstery Tailor/Designer: No specific degree required - Skill Based person! Capable of sewing furniture fabrics and leather using industrial sewing machines. Previous work evidence (pictures of own works) and practical experience in a reputable company, will serve as key advantage.
Female or Males are especially encouraged to apply!

-Workshop Manager: No specific degree required - Skill Based person! Knowledge of furniture factory processes, wood work or other related technical crafts. Past learning or working experience from a technical/craft college will be a great asset.
Male candidates are especially encouraged to apply!

If you fit these qualities and are motivated to develop yourself in a fast growing company, send your COVER LETTER and RESUME to:

mx2lioms@yahoo.co.uk
or via Watsapp to 08037260838

A phone interview will be granted to initially shortlisted candidates, prior to face to face interview.

Application Deadline is extended for job start in July 2018.

Candidates resident in Rivers State are encouraged to apply.

Regards.

Design Lead
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 9:20am On Jul 07, 2018
itswell1:

If this is windowhood, I did that recently and I am aware there are two types.
1. A such simpler one that is nailed to the wall using concrete nails after prrfabrication on ground. This goes for 2-3k workmanship per window irrespective of size. You will supply sand, cement, nails and maybe binding wires.

2. The second one is prefabricated as well but it comes with casting of the prefabricated hoods to the wall; though they are temporarily held in place with bidining wires and nails. This cost about 3-4k workmanship per window too but you will provide the materials for this as well.

I used about 30 bags of cement, 7 packets of concrete nails and half roll of binding wire for 29 windows

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2018
itswell1:

N3,500 per window, workmanship only Delta State. Precast on the floor and hung when partly cured. A good grade quality surround hood consumes cement like kilode, so be prepared.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
Badgers14:
Question:

There are some outdoor unit AC that can serve like to 6 indoor unit. We call multi -split unit
Central AC like VRF might be expensive for a residential building but if the money is available ubcan go for and one outdoor or just 2 outdoor can serve the whole building and the power consumption is less
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
topsy23:

There are some outdoor unit AC that can serve like to 6 indoor unit. We call multi -split unit
Central AC like VRF might be expensive for a residential building but if the money is available ubcan go for and one outdoor or just 2 outdoor can serve the whole building and the power consumption is less

Do you have a picture of the unit by any chance?

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: topsy23, rmx, Stamford007(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.