Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4381593 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2018
2cicily:
Pls what's d advantages and disadvantages of a roof top water tank.
I intend to place Gp tank untop of kitchen deck due to space constraints.

I believed this same question was raised sometimes ago, check some pages back.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Sir rotech

Hapi new month and respect cool

Peace!

Same to you my guy.
But let's do things the way it should be at times if not all the time.
Nothing do you my brother, happy sales
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
rotecch77:

Same to you my guy.
But let's do things the way it should be at times if not all the time.
Nothing do you my brother, happy sales

Baba no vex na buhari no let money flow enter man pocket o
Man gat to strategies hustle
But God dey.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keziah123: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello guys,
Pls criticise this 4 bedroom plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2018
keziah123:
Hello guys,
Nice design...My only worry is dining not adequately ventilated...Though it can share with d living room
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2018
2cicily:
Pls what's d advantages and disadvantages of a roof top water tank.
I intend to place Gp tank untop of kitchen deck due to space constraints.
Advantage
*Saves cost ( if it is a duplex or high rise structure)
*Saves space

Disadvantage
*Low pressure for water supply
*Requires periodic maintenance to control water spillage on slab & walls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
keziah123:
Hello guys,
It cool.
All rooms cross ventilated.
Nice arrangement(looks professional).
It will give good aesthetics.
One major issue is the dining as someone said above but notwithstanding it can't be that hot doing the hot season.
Can't clearly see the dining dimensions to see how workable it will be.
Also there is a slightly wrong representation at the entrance.
Those lines shows the dpc is elevated fine,but the last step-up and the two broken lines,the first line to the step should have been normal line then the second broken as it is.
This is the reason,the two broken lines means the last step-up and the entrance space are both at the same level having arch along side but I believe what the architect is trying to do is that there is a step-up with arch and not in the same level with the last step-up.

My view sir.
Happy Sunday & Happy New Month
#Cornerstone.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by footprint17(m): 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
abouzaid:
can one build a four bedroom all en suite bungalow with two and half million or less? I'm doing a cost analysis and it's looking possible from my analysis. what's your views on that? i would give my analysis later after hearing some of your views. my labourers would be sourced exclusively from the north where labour is extremely cheap and the house would not include any fancy works. details later but lets hear your views first.
it depends onthe quality pf work u want. But i dont advice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by footprint17(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2018
keziah123:
Hello guys,
hey pls take that off. Its really bad. Sorry to sound rude.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
footprint17:
hey pls take that off. Its really bad. Sorry to sound rude.

Can you please highlight all the bad points in the design stating your reason(s)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
keziah123:
Hello guys,

Actually it's a very good plan. Pay no attention to those offer blind criticism without cogent reasons.

Only head-scratcher is that corridor labelled as "Utility Room".
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2018
The design is very okay not too bad, the things I don't like and feel it is wrong is, the master bedroom should have it bathroom inside the master bedroom and the guest room is to direct to the ante room, Should have been hidden but very okay. Just my own say
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
jabolo:

Actually it's a very good plan. Pay no attention to those offer blind criticism without cogent reasons.

Only head-scratcher is that corridor labelled as "Utility Room".
Fact!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keziah123: 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
Tnx guys. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
keziah123:
Tnx guys. I appreciate.
welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KingMicky3286: 6:12am On Jul 02, 2018
Can i use ordinary local stones for decking...going for chipping seems expensive now...

Please advice me...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:56am On Jul 02, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:
The design is very okay not too bad, the things I don't like and feel it is wrong is, the master bedroom should have it bathroom inside the master bedroom and the guest room is to direct to the ante room, Should have been hidden but very okay. Just my own say
@bold The bath is inside the master bedroom sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2018
Yeah but open to the other room, thats why he said it should be integrated into the master bedroom.
Rubbiish:

@bold The bath is inside the master bedroom sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2018
Good layout overall, i'll suggest to consider;
1. Relocating the door to the master bath/shower. currently opens directly to the view of the entrance. you can make the bath/shower accessible from the main bedroom area.

2. Unless the two bedrooms to the left are His & Hers, I'll isolate them completely from each other to have complete master bed privacy. they are currently linked together somehow.

3. Guest room is in a interesting and unique location. based on its current location, i may as well just put make it accessible from outside only and cut-off the access from the Ante so it becomes more like an attached BQ. This is good especially for resident that may not be around often and you can have someone occupy the guest room/BQ while you're away.

keziah123:
Hello guys,

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ubox: 8:54am On Jul 02, 2018
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2018
megacontrol:
Yeah but open to the other room, thats why he said it should be integrated into the master bedroom.
It is integrated sir. The lobby is a private one for d master room. The other room which i believe the designer proposed to be madam's room have its own bath.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2018
Please which should come first? Window skirting(or whatever it is called) or fixing of casement windows? should plastering come before or after?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 2cicily: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Just make sure the Pillers holding the kitchen top is designed strong enough to hold the water tank to avoid stories .

However,you will be needing tiles,wc and sanitary wares soon.Pls when you do forget me not cus that's my own hustle .

Hapinew month

PEACE!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 2cicily: 11:28am On Jul 02, 2018
Rubbiish:

Advantage
*Saves cost ( if it is a duplex or high rise structure)
*Saves space

Disadvantage
*Low pressure for water supply
*Requires periodic maintenance to control water spillage on slab & walls
Low pressure? It's a bugalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 2cicily: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2018
rotecch77:

I believed this same question was raised sometimes ago, check some pages back.

Help me with the link
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ryom(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2018
What is the cost of 2 X2 bedroom flats attached. Minus land. Most of the foundation already done. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donokoh(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
pls house, what is the standard measurements for a sitting room(parlour), dinning room, rooms kitchen and passage. thanks. awaiting your response
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
ryom:
What is the cost of 2 X2 bedroom flats attached. Minus land. Most of the foundation already done. Thanks.

Kindly post a picture of the already done most of the foundation.
Also state where the site is located because prices differ from region to state.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
donokoh:
pls house, what is the standard measurements for a sitting room(parlour), dinning room, rooms kitchen and passage. thanks. awaiting your response

Are you trying to do a design by yourself?
There's really no standard to the sizes of all. It all depends on the size of your land and your taste.

Anything called room (min 3.6m×3.6m)
Kitchen (min.2m×2m)....I used this as minimum in the instance of self contain/one bedroom apartment
Passage (min.1m)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2018
2cicily:

Help me with the link

It's this same tread, I will try check the page when less busy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2018
Good evening House, I got this quotation for a Septic Tank Size 12 BY 12 and 8 FT DEPTH in a water log area. I want to know how reasonable this is. Thanks
1 TONS OF 12 MM .......................N237,000
8MM IRON..10 PCS@ 1500............N15,000
BINDING WIRE HALF ROLL @........N 8,000
IRON BENDER WORKMANSHIP.......N46,000
SINKING SEPTIC TANK.................N68,000
FILLING INSIDE SEPTIC TANK.......N45,000
CEMENT 68 BAGS @2700.............N183,600 (DANGOTE)
WATER PROOF CEMENTS @ 1000 X 20BAGS...N20,000
WATER PROOF LYLON................. N15,000
BRICLAYER
=======
CASTING WORKMANSHIP.............N35,000

CAPENTER
=======
2 BY 3 PLANKS @N300 X 60................N18,000
1 BY 12 PLANKS @N1450 X 84...............N121,800
NAILS 3 INCH HALF BAG @N5000...........N5,000
WORKMANSHIP.....................................N35,000
40 TONS OF SHARP SAND @45K PER 20 TONS....N90,000
GRANITES 20 TONS @60K PER 10 TONS.....N120,000
TOTAL.....................................................N1,062,400

Thanks again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.