Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch (20859 Views)

Reps Want Adeosun, Emefiele To Resign / Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps / Senators, Reps Want SAN Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by charlsecy(m): 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
handie:
Enang, a former Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Business, stated that it was an “insult” to say somebody who made a law was not qualified to become a SAN, while another person who practised it could become one.
It follows that all legislators, lawyer or not, should be made SAN, since any one of them could propose a bill to be made into law. This doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by kenny987(f): 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
123papas:
Which kain joke be this? Are u wishing him death or what?

Was thinking of Uche Chukwumerije when I responded. My bad pls

2 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by kenny987(f): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
mileskiyo:

Oga sir, pls try and verify your facts before you post oh! Annie Okonkwo is still alive and kicking. He would probably take exception to your insinuation of his death...

Was thinking of Uche Chukwumerije when I responded pls. My bad....
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by kenny987(f): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
Dorrobucci:

Hey! Madam na you kill am

Not at all. God forbid! Was referring to Uche Chukwumerije when I responded.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by kenny987(f): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
kennynelcon:

since when?

Error regretted pls. I was referring to Uche Chukwumerije when I responded pls.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by kenny987(f): 12:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
tiswell:
Who told you anie okoronkwo is dead,na you kill am??

Nope, God forbid! Was referring to Uche Chukwumerije when I responded.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by kenny987(f): 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
fairheven:

ANNIE OKONKWO is dead?

Error regretted. No he isn't pls. Was referring to Uche Chukwumerije when I responded.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by loomer: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
And people still call thing known as "Nigeria" a country
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
kenny987:

Not at all. God forbid! Was referring to Uche Chukwumerije when I responded.

ok
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Winning123: 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
ZACHIE:
They is no further madness than this.
So, a young lad can spring from Law school contest an election in Kaura Namoda and strolls into the House Of Rep I time to made a SAN?
Madness.
All those sleepy eyed noncontributory lawyers will also become SANs overnight just because they happened to have dosed through a dysfunctional institution called NA?
Crass opportunism I call this.

Thanks. They bunch of nuisance
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by arabianights: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
ZACHIE:
So, a young lad can spring from Law school contest an election in Kaura Namoda and strolls into the House Of Rep I time to made a SAN?
Madness.
All those sleepy eyed noncontributory lawyers will also become SANs overnight just because they happened to have dosed through a dysfunctional institution called NA?

Am just short of words.What sort of a stupid suggestion is this? i want to see the mad man that will approve this then they will know that there are people whose madness is not even identified in books.

San indeed.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by simplynola(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
I think they are right, please they deserve their SAN - Senior Agberos of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Christianwalase: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
I can now see that these legislooters are really mad. Greediness go kill all of una
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by unite4real: 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
They are not LAW MAKERS but LAW PROPOSERS
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by 9japatroit(m): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
thunder wey go fire these legis -looters still dey do press up,bunch of mofos!
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by journerman(m): 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
Somebody should ask this deluded being how many bill he has sponsored and how many law he has passed since becoming a legislooter.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
What about the legislators who aren't lawyers? What title should they have? Useless people. I don't blame them. I expected nothing less from the "lawmakers" in a country so dumb to vote a stark illiterate into power. Afterall, they make laws that are treated like just a list of suggestions.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
The SAN title should be scrapped sef.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Kiakia(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Sacrilege! These guys want to desecrate the title of SANship and lower it's quality in the eyes of the discerning public. Enang and his co-travellers should realise that the rank of SAN is bestowed on hardworking and erudite lawyers who practice daily in our law courts, and have so practiced in Appeal and Supreme courts of our land. It is not meant to be conferred on idle lawmakers who claim to be lawyers in the National Assembly and in that capacity,make laws which the lawyers employ in the courts to win cases and in the process attain the prestigious rank. The fact that these lawyers work in the National Assembly and pass the laws(which they rarely do,anyway)does not qualify them for automatic conferment of the title. If they so desire or crave the rank so much, they shoul resign from the Assembly and engage in active legal practice. They cannot eat their cake and have it back. By so doing, they will be meeting the criteria for the award of SAN by the Privileges Committee of NBA.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by harrylite: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
We will give you SAN if you give Nigeria the following:
1. Laws that will put smile on the face of the common man in the street.
2. Reduce your salary and allowances to what is obtainable in the civil service.
3. Make laws that will make the rich pay more according to their financial status.
4. Guarantee affordable quality education to all down to university level.
5. Guarantee absolute social justice to all.
6. Uphold the supremacy of the rule of law
7. Free quality primary health care system.
8. Affordable quality secondary/tertiary health care.
10 years uninterrupted power supply
9. 80% reduction in unemployment rate
10.Empowerment of indigenous SMEs
11.Head-to-head naira/dollar exchange rate
12. Remove your immunity cover
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Kagarko(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
ZACHIE:
Madness.

Why did you sight example with Kauran Namoda.
Though i believe you aint stupid. Namoda has so much intelligent lawyers.

Try to avoid this type of statements next time. It causes alot of problem in this great country of ours that is multi lingual.

God Bless Nigeria And Nigerians.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by naijaking1: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2015
After SAN, then they will vote to be called MD, PhD, professor. They are already chiefs. Right?
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by ZACHIE: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
Kagarko:

My sights were not fixated on Kaura Namoda.
I cited it as a generic Nigerian city.
It might as well been Fehingbota, an Ife suburban settlement.
No reference to hurt anyone please.

Why did you sight example with Kauran Namoda.
Though i believe you aint stupid. Namoda has so much intelligent lawyers.

Try to avoid this type of statements next time. It causes alot of problem in this great country of ours that is multi lingual.

God Bless Nigeria And Nigerians.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by tiswell(m): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
kenny987:

Nope, God forbid! Was referring to Uche Chukwumerije when I responded.
Ok,you are welcome.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by sammoe(m): 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2015
remsonik:
Mad set of people, the laws you make that doesn't even have any impact on the common man? Or the laws you make sitting for a maximum number of 50 days in a year?
Minimum number of sittings in a legislative year is 181.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by jeedbaba: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
so all the promises they made during campaign have been neglected like that.

They made the provision of stable electricity;
Good road;
Standard education etc.
where are these amenities?

The next agenda is to be lobbying for the position of SAN. Law-looting want to become SAN! comedy from ignorants we voted for.

Grossly irresponsible set of people. mtchw....
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by OYAY(m): 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
These bunch are jesters to say the least! It is not only SAN it is EVA WATER. This useless proclamation started through this man called Ita Enang looking for elevation by cutting corner ha haha! He was present in the senate when Victor Ndoma Egba got his SAN by MERIT;so why can't this bunch emulate him and work harder to also earn theirs? Yeye dey smell.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Cityguy: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
HungerBAD:
Un-serious lot.

They think SAN-ship is Pito Drink.
Very funny lot. The doctors there should become 'consultants' while accountants should become certified chartered accountants. grin grin grin
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by mikolo80: 12:52am On Aug 26, 2015
Hahahahahaha una de here de blow grammar while the baggars de hammer de go win or influence election first before unu opinion go count
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 26, 2015
Scrap the SAN title. All lawyers are equal. End of story.
Re: Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch by longpenis(m): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2017
LongPennis:
Most of them are third class liars sorry I mean lawyers and therefore not qualified for such title.

Maybe one day, the likes of Senator Anni Okonkwo who can't even express himself in simple English will demand to be made a Professor.

Shebi Patrick Obiahagbon na lawyer, how many case he don win since he begin lawyer?

Mad Legislooters. undecided

twin brothergrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos / Ahmed Idris: EFCC Releases Suspended Accountant General / Modibbo Kawu In Hate Speech Against Saraki On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.