Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? (2678 Views)

Drop Your Bucket List Guys / Plus Size Bride & Her Slim Husband At Their Traditional Marriage (Photo) / Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by presh247(m): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Traditional marriage list wey be like this...........
1. 20 litres of hot drink
2. 7 he-goats for elders
3. 7 she-goats for the old women
4. 22 Jersey, 22boats, and 10balls for the youths.
5. 120yards of Nigeria wax for the young girls.
6. 30 tubers of yams and 40 sea fishes for the
oldest men
and women in the family.
7. 70 cola nuts and 100 bitter cola.
8. One bull for the king and elders in council.
9. A sewing machine for the younger sister to my
wife to be.
10. 5 tipper of sand and 7 tipper of bags of dangote
cement.
11. Three gallons of 20litres palm wine.
12. 2 white sheep for her elder and younger
brothers.
13. 200 bathroom slippers for the villagers.
14. 20liters of petrol
15. 4 handsets for her other siblings
16. 7 cartons each of star beer,coke and schinnap.
17. The father and mother's clothes with the sum of
N180,000.
18. 2 big box that will be used to park her clothes.
19. A white bicycle for her uncle.
20. when coming with the above items, come with 3
live
cows that will be slaughtered for the traditional
marriage
ceremony.
21. N700,000 for the Bride price.
Pals............
**Ladies:....will you approve/be comfortable with
this type
of list to be presented to your husband to be?
**Guys......what will you do if you're given such a
list? Will
you go to this extent to marry the love of your
life?...
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
shocked
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Highcuerayte: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
I will marry myself.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by peterovanski(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
How much be the girl last? Abi she's not negotiable
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Highcuerayte: 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
presh247:
Traditional marriage list wey be like this...........
1. 20 litres of hot drink
2. 7 he-goats for elders
3. 7 she-goats for the old women
4. 22 Jersey, 22boats, and 10balls for the youths.
5. 120yards of Nigeria wax for the young girls.
6. 30 tubers of yams and 40 sea fishes for the
oldest men
and women in the family.
7. 70 cola nuts and 100 bitter cola.
8. One bull for the king and elders in council.
9. A sewing machine for the younger sister to my
wife to be.
10. 5 tipper of sand and 7 tipper of bags of dangote
cement.
11. Three gallons of 20litres palm wine.
12. 2 white sheep for her elder and younger
brothers.
13. 200 bathroom slippers for the villagers.
14. 20liters of petrol
15. 4 handsets for her other siblings
16. 7 cartons each of star beer,coke and schinnap.
17. The father and mother's clothes with the sum of
N180,000.
18. 2 big box that will be used to park her clothes.
19. A white bicycle for her uncle.
20. when coming with the above items, come with 3
live
cows that will be slaughtered for the traditional
marriage
ceremony.
21. N700,000 for the Bride price.
Pals............
**Ladies:....will you approve/be comfortable with
this type
of list to be presented to your husband to be?
**Guys......what will you do if you're given such a
list? Will
you go to this extent to marry the love of your
life?...
Modify your writing it's wedding ceremony not marriage ceremony

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Omotayor123(f): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Post not well Arranged!

Lol at 200 bathroom slippers, The villagers don suffer! grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by funlord(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
grin

She can marry her father, or bros, or uncle! whoever she likes in fact! I don't partake in such locally made african cultural _stupidity! Shalom!
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Beamborla(f): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
shocked

I'd elope with him... smiley
Wicked people! They want me to live on breeze after the wedding abi sad
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
My madam lock me for inside toilet since morning, no food nor water cry
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
White bicycle for the uncle grin grin Like seriously?
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by chiibekee(f): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
That's very cheap
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:
White bicycle for the uncle grin grin Like seriously?

Do you have such list too in south Africa traditional marriage too?
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

Do you have such list too in south Africa traditional marriage too?

Yes. I think it must be an African thing.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by fredleo95(m): 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
Abeg.......... i'll just give them a round of applause grin wink cool grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by jabojafa(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
chiibekee:
That's very cheap
i see.... Dem don sell u b dt
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Ah. I was hoping to marry a SA babe to shy away from this lists o. sad
PunkyVeer:

Ah. I was hoping to marry a SA babe to shy away from this lists o.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by jabojafa(m): 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
well to b honest dis is nt a real list. Bt even if it were, it must b debateble. Afta all marriage is a continous tin. E nor dey end for one day.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

Ah. I was hoping to marry a SA babe to shy away from this lists o. sad

Ah. I was hoping to marry a SA babe to shy away from this lists o.

Hahaha. You still can because some families have moved with the times & no longer make too many demands/extensive lists. Plus it also depends on the tribe you are marrying into. I know the Zulu & the Xhosa don't come cheap. I'm not sure how the other tribes go about it though.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Hahaha. You still can because some families have moved with the times & no longer make too many demands/extensive lists. Plus it also depends on the tribe you are marrying into. I know the Zulu & the Xhosa don't come cheap. I'm not sure how the other tribes go about it though.

Which tribe are you?
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

Which tribe are you?

I'm Xhosa smiley And what's yours?
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I'm Xhosa smiley And what's yours?

A Yoruba man.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

A Yoruba man.

Oh ok.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Oh ok.

I really like SA ladies. they are really the idea African woman. that's y most Nigerian guys that travel there ll rather settle down with SA ladies than come home for wife. :
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

I really like SA ladies. they are really the idea African woman. that's y most Nigerian guys that travel there ll rather settle down with SA ladies than come home for wife. :

What do you mean by ideal? We also have the good & the bad over here too so it's not all that rosy. The only difference I've noticed is that we're less materialistic. I also know a few girls dating Nigerian men. One of them is my childhood friend & she's married to one. They have kids too. Wait let me quickly find their photo.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

What do you mean by ideal? We also have the good & the bad over here too so it's not all that rosy. The only difference I've noticed is that we're less materialistic. I also know a few girls dating Nigerian men. One of them is my childhood friend & she's married to one. They have kids too. Wait let me quickly find their photo.

I visited SA some years ago, all the Nigerian guys I rolled with then were saying same thing. SA babes are so neat at home. Their expectations are very simple from a Guy.

Anytime my host babe visited him then. she ll make the whole house perfectly tidy. Cleanness or being tidy is like a cultural thing over there.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

I visited SA some years ago, all the Nigerian guys I rolled with then were saying same thing. SA babes are so neat at home. Their expectations are very simple from a Guy.

Anytime my host babe visited him then. she ll make the whole house perfectly tidy. Cleanness or being tidy is like a cultural thing over there.

Lol, who sits in a dirty house though? I thought it's natural to wanna be surrounded by cleanliness. But I guess you're right since you've seen both sides of the coin.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Lol, who sits in a dirty house though? I thought it's natural to wanna be surrounded by cleanliness. But I guess you're right since you've seen both sides of the coin.

Yes so many people are neat here especially Ladies, but u ll see it as a consistent efforts to be. but I think over there being neat from ladies there is seamless!
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Also an average SA lady is gifted grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

Also an average SA lady is gifted grin

I know what you mean wink You mean the "ukwu", right? Hahaha
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I know what you mean wink You mean the "ukwu", right? Hahaha

Yes o. U seems to know so much about Nigerians . I think U guys were created on Sundays.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
kennycanny:

Yes o. U seems to know so much about Nigerians . I think U guys were created on Sundays.

Hahaha. I learn all the different terms here on Nairaland. What do you mean by the Sunday statement? Btw, I've heard Yoruba ladies are also "gifted". Can I ask you something? I hope you won't find my question a little offensive since I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask is allowed to be discussed or not. Forgive me in advance if I'm asking things I'm not supposed to. Ok, what's the reason for the facial cuts on some Yoruba people? I say some because I've seen Yoruba with cuts & without cuts so I guess it kinda intrigued me.
Re: Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by kennycanny: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Hahaha. I learn all the different terms here on Nairaland. What do you mean by the Sunday statement? Btw, I've heard Yoruba ladies are also "gifted". Can I ask you something? I hope you won't find my question a little offensive since I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask is allowed to be discussed or not. Forgive me in advance if I'm asking things I'm not supposed to. Ok, what's the reason for the facial cuts on some Yoruba people? I say some because I've seen Yoruba with cuts & without cuts so I guess it kinda intrigued me.

In the bible it is said God created the world for 6 days or so and rested on Sunday. So it most b when he was resting that he created SA babes( he took his time). About d facial mark. Its not only Yorubas that have facial mark. Generally it was used as a mark to attach people to a particular area . u no during d days of slave trade . So it ll b a mark of Identity. And also then there was no proper documentations. so The tribal mark was like a passport identifying u to a particular geographical area or Family. I hope I tried sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Somebody Call Me Up / Six Important Things Every Nigerian Lady Must Do Before 30 / Please I Have Had Enough Of Your Emails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.