Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? (16967 Views)

Is It Necessary I Report This Rape Incident I Witnessed? / NAIJABET.COM held up my winnings . How Can I Report Them? (RESOLVED) . / Please Where And How Can I Report This Child Abuse Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by marcondo13: 6:25am On Aug 28, 2015
Paying 21k on custom duties is huge. It is a new rule since January this year. I will advice you to Google search the name and email of the manager in charge of international mails and also the email of the manager in charge of your state territory. I used to have them in a pdf file when Nipost staff used to steal from my packages,and they helped me. Contact them and wait for their response.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by toltee4real: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2015
Can you pls report this to Femi Adesina (@FemAdesina) | Twitter. just be polite. who knows their cup may be filled up with this.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by benzion72(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2015
Personally I do not see why you need to ship Nigeria job abroad importing a gown you will wear just for one day. And there are so many competent dress maker in Nigeria. That is why dollar and other currency are on the high side Nigerian importing all manner of things water, tooth pick all manners.
Two you have miss managed the whole situation by shouting on the NIPOST officer and put her on the offensive side. There are custom officer attached to NIPOST offices. You alone cannot stop the rot in NIPOST that has started before you were born and you are only exposing your wedding and marriage to African wickedness.
If you can afford to pay them pay and forget about the whole issue and concentrate on other planning
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by LordTrezy(m): 8:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Zi:

Pls give the advice here. Other readers are learning. Thanks
Check my reply to Eco2580 bro. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Walexz02(m): 8:44am On Aug 28, 2015
benzion72:
Personally I do not see why you need to ship Nigeria job abroad importing a gown you will wear just for one day. And there are so many competent dress maker in Nigeria. That is why dollar and other currency are on the high side Nigerian importing all manner of things water, tooth pick all manners.
Two you have miss managed the whole situation by shouting on the NIPOST officer and put her on the offensive side. There are custom officer attached to NIPOST offices. You alone cannot stop the rot in NIPOST that has started before you were born and you are only exposing your wedding and marriage to African wickedness.
If you can afford to pay them pay and forget about the whole issue and concentrate on other planning
Please stop talking like that. This man is looking for justice and you are talking of African wickedness? What is African wickedness undecided .nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by stinggy(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2015
teeowl:
Report to her superior and then go to the head office with a letter addressed to whoever is in charge and explain your case... I received 3 sneakers worth $320 and I only paid N500 to receive.

Are you kidding me
Which of their offices pls?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
Gwagwalada, Abuja-FCT in 2011.

stinggy:

Are you kidding me
Which of their offices pls?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Originalsly: 10:52am On Aug 28, 2015
Galads:
thank you very much for the suggestion. I called NIPOST Adminstrative office this morning and I think they are all covering for each other. I plan to go to the custom office where they claim the charges where given. When I find out it is not from custom and the receipt was forged, I will go to the nipost office with police men to pick up all the lady. I sent my clearing agent to negiotate on my behalf and they actually reduce it to 20k that is to show something is fishing.
Ok...before you discuss the issue with anyone ..ask for their name and position...so later you can quote them. If you discuss the issue first and ask later... if they are covering up they would give you false name. You would have to have your agent ID the person that reduced the fee to N20K....that person is also involved in the scam. Whatever you do...follow through with it....and even if you meet a dead end....then you contact the guy from the ewsmedia in the earlier post....let him pit the whole affair on blast....with all names involved.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by stinggy(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2015
teeowl:
Gwagwalada, Abuja-FCT in 2011.

2011. Things must have changed. Will try it out though.

Thanks.
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Walexz02:

Please stop talking like that. This man is looking for justice and you are talking of African wickedness? What is African wickedness undecided .nonsense
Sometimes I wonder why we are too fetish. We are trying to solve a problem and someone is here talking about African wickedness
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by akigbemaru: 1:31am On Aug 29, 2015
post office wahala
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Atk1nson(m): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2015
Adaeze003:
Just be sure of every move before you make any move coz you just might end up spending much more at the end of the day..

it's dis kind of rationale dat makes corruption and inefficiency thrive, it's not about him getting d money back, it's about saving d system from rot in its personnel.
Tomorrow someone goes there , they'll gladly do the same thing or worse to the person because others failed to do anything about it

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Larrylarex(m): 7:18am On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=LordTrezy post=37397173] Bros please share the info here, we've all been victims of this in some subtle ways. When I was in Jos, the NIPOST staffs are so reliable that they'll bring your package to your house like dhl without charging an extra dime if it's less than 1kg and the normal charge if it's more than that but when I tried it in Lagos and ogun states, they will always charge me and they won't even bring it home. So, please, if you're revealing it here, you'll be helping a lot of people. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Adaeze003(f): 7:34am On Aug 29, 2015
Atk1nson:

it's dis kind of rationale dat makes corruption and inefficiency thrive, it's not about him getting d money back, it's about saving d system from rot in its personnel.
Tomorrow someone goes there , they'll gladly do the same thing or worse to the person because others failed to do anything about it

Uhm... are you sure you understood what you read?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Atk1nson(m): 7:30am On Aug 30, 2015
Adaeze003:

Uhm... are you sure you understood what you read?

he has been cheated, beyond recouping his loss, he wants to responsible to be punished. For me, dat's worth d extra time and effort, because he is saving odas from d same fate
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Adaeze003(f): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2015
Atk1nson:

he has been cheated, beyond recouping his loss, he wants to responsible to be punished. For me, dat's worth d extra time and effort, because he is saving odas from d same fate

Yeah yeah yeah... we want justice, light your torches and head to the streets undecided

What I said is he should plan accurately before taking a step. Most people in the place to help are not honest, most are corrupt! Let's not forget the country we're in. So instead of chanting war songs marching to the streets, plan! Be sure of your every move before you take a step else you'll waste your effort, time and resources.

Get my point now?
Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Galads(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2015
I will like to inform everybody who has contributed in one way or the other (by advice and comment ) that this issue has being resolved.
On Monday morning I geared up on my blue rig and drove to ikeja(nacho). I have some important people there as friends and I went straight to them. They directed me accordingly and I found myself at Nipost head office (custom office). I met with their boss and my custom duty was reduced to 5k and I was asked if it's ok by me. I wonder what will happen to civilians .
From his words, they are making revenue for the Federal government and all that.
From what I got to find out, that money collected by NIPOST is remitted back to custom while they both know percentage to take( legal scam). If the money goes straight to federal government then no complain but some pple sit there and enrich their pocket in disguise. For me, I will never ever be charged excess on any custom duty again.
, because I will pay what I need to pay but for all other pple in this shoes or will be in this situation later, you can fight it out.
If you truly know the goods are allowed through customs ( non prohibited) and it is not yahoo, you can fight by contesting it with customs in charge( I can give you clue if contacted) . For this fight, I can't fight alone because when contacted from above I was told to just contest and pay the normal dues that the money is going to the Federal account which you and I know is only 5% that will reach there. I hope the new government will look for a way to block this loop hole.
Wish you all a happy new month and Pls endeavour to put me in your prayers even if it is for a second. "TOGETHER we will make NIGERIA great"
Danke schon

2 Likes

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Majemuaseoro: 9:27am On Feb 14, 2017
Please a package was sent to me by my brother from Texas, US on the 3rd of November 2016 but am yetbto receive it till now, Its not tracking each time I tracked it on the Nipost website, I called the customer care number but I was told my package haven't arrived till date, until yesterday when the USPS contacted my brother that informed him that the package was successfully shipped to Nigeria and was handled over to Nipost agent. Please what can I do to this registered package that got missing?

Re: Scam/ Forgry At NIPOST Office, Who Do I Report To? by Galads(m): 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
If you have not received your package, go to the head office in your state where the package is sent to. Normally they are suppose to call you to come pick it up because they do not deliver

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Plays Video Of Evans' Confession To Kidnapping / Kidnappers Told Me To Sell My House, Car, etc To Raise ₦100m Ransom - Farmer / 2 Soldiers Arrested In Ebonyi For Car Snatching (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.