Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82489 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
idokojerry:

Didn't get the OTA update via the updater app so I simply downloaded the ROM, renamed it to update.zip, and flashed it via the updater app.
It was straight forward, had no backups and after the upgrade, all my files were still intact
Pls put me tru, how do u flash the ROM?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 05, 2015
idokojerry:

Didn't get the OTA update via the updater app so I simply downloaded the ROM, renamed it to update.zip, and flashed it via the updater app.
It was straight forward, had no backups and after the upgrade, all my files were still intact
I DID THIS , IT WORKED BUT MY PHONE COULD DETECT ANY NETWORK
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 1:38am On Nov 05, 2015
michaelobinna:
Could or Could not?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 05, 2015
Stakekay1:
Could or Could not?
COULDNT AND THAT MI APP STORE ID BSCK
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 05, 2015
Stakekay1:
Pls put me tru, how do u flash the ROM?
Download and rename the ROM file as update.zip. put it in the root folder of your internal storage.
Now go to the updater app and click on the three dots at the top left corner of the screen,choose update package. The phone will take care of the rest
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 05, 2015
michaelobinna:
The ROM you flashed, is it for your phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by franzis(m): 6:12am On Nov 05, 2015
idokojerry:

The ROM you flashed, is it for your phone
I HAVE GOTTEN IT NOW, BUT THE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICE, GMAIL, STORE KEEPS CRASHING
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 11:50am On Nov 05, 2015
franzis:

Reset the phone. Factory reset
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
donbenie:
There's really a whole lot of changes and improvements to the device after the update too numerous to even mention ;
Better battery life,more efficient Ram management,the phone now automatically remembers your last network mode ie no need to manually change from 4G LTE to 3G every time you switch Sims,display settings improved with included reading Mode,camera UI changes with Beauty Mode etc,gallery improvements,more adjustable front sizes etc
Child mode,Guest mode,more themes,changes in the settings menu,notification toggle changes,file manager changes and overall smoother UI.
Really Xiaomi brought a lot of changes both cosmetic and otherwise to the new MIUI it makes the phone seems like a different device altogether,am impressed..
pls help with the download link, can't continue waiting for my updater.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
funkdr:
pls help with the download link, can't continue waiting for my updater.
I actually updated mine OTA through the Updater App..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
donbenie:
I actually updated mine OTA through the Updater App..
OK, maybe I have to wait until I receive mine.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mehn I was on Developer ROM before so I decided to go back to stable ROM by flashing it after I downloaded the ROM yeah I flash it through the updater but couldn't detect my sims........and my phone got crashed I tried did it again but all failed... I was so confused.. .later on I decided to go back to developer ROM but still failed....Mehn something just told me to boot into recovery mode and I wiped user data to my surprised my phone came back to life......... But stable ROM not so sweet because Chinese language still showing and no xs Text for font to look small.. ......any idea to make font more smaller?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 1:49am On Nov 06, 2015
franzis:

It's a bug in last Friday's rom, GAAPS had FC whenever u tried tobuse them

Xiami released another one immediately on Saturday (Nov 1st).

You can either go to xiaomi.eu and download the multi language rom version (5.11.1) or you wait a few more hours a new rom should be available

Xiaomi updates their rom every Friday

The choice is urs

I would advise to avoid too much update except your update has a bug or there's a new feature in the changeloh that you like

Ciao
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 1:54am On Nov 06, 2015
Lstar4real:
Mehn I was on Developer ROM before so I decided to go back to stable ROM by flashing it after I downloaded the ROM yeah I flash it through the updater but couldn't detect my sims........and my phone got crashed I tried did it again but all failed... I was so confused.. .later on I decided to go back to developer ROM but still failed....Mehn something just told me to boot into recovery mode and I wiped user data to my surprised my phone came back to life......... But stable ROM not so sweet because Chinese language still showing and no xs Text for font to look small.. ......any idea to make font more smaller?

Whenever you want to port from dev to stable rom or vice versa always wipe user data to avoid bricking your phone

BTW: why would u want to be on a stable version when you can't get the latest updates via dev version?

Just read all the reviews before I download any deb rom, to be sure it has no serious bug

BTW: does anyone know if xiaomi has finally released their kernel version for Redmi Note 2? Need to seriously port to flyme OS, MIUI is very boring, joor
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2015
debeo:

Whenever you want to port from dev to stable rom or vice versa always wipe user data to avoid bricking your phone

BTW: why would u want to be on a stable version when you can't get the latest updates via dev version?

Just read all the reviews before I download any deb rom, to be sure it has no serious bug

BTW: does anyone know if xiaomi has finally released their kernel version for Redmi Note 2? Need to seriously port to flyme OS, MIUI is very boring, joor
I ported from Miui 6 stable to developer Miui 7 ROM without wiping user data....I think I still prefer developer ROM.....Well m cool with stable ROM for now......Flyme Os ain't near Miui abeg.......Miui still d best
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 10:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Lstar4real:
I ported from Miui 6 stable to developer Miui 7 ROM without wiping user data....I think I still prefer developer ROM.....Well m cool with stable ROM for now......Flyme Os ain't near Miui abeg.......Mini still d best

Hnmmm? Have y used Flyme OS before? The OS is smoother than MIUI. MIUI is kinda 'girly' sha. But flyme? Super cool. Seriously looking for how to port ooo. I've installed twrp, downloaded flyme4.5.5I rom just for for d yeye kernel, make I no brick my phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
debeo:

Hnmmm? Have y used Flyme OS before? The OS is smoother than MIUI. MIUI is kinda 'girly' sha. But flyme? Super cool. Seriously looking for how to port ooo. I've installed twrp, downloaded flyme4.5.5I rom just for for d yeye kernel, make I no brick my phone

Hmmmm

Miui is the best.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by coderXO(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Youngzedd:
As we all know, this phone has been trending all over the Internet for some days now.

Highlights

Guy how you dey...abeg help me.

I'm confused which phone I go buy.

Been looking at these

XIAOMI REDNOTE 2 2GB / 32GB , price ?
DOOGEE F3 PRO 3GB/16GB , price ?
LENOVO VIBE X2 2GB / 32GB , price ?
XIAOMI Mi4c 3GB / 32GB , price?

or if you have your own recommendations,

for extreme gaming and good quality sound experience- without S6 price, 65k or less

but with english menu o. gold color preferred, removable battery

cc aterejr, emmbet
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by tmanis(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
coderXO:

Been looking at these

for extreme gaming and good quality sound experience- without S6 price, 65k or less

cc aterejr, emmbet

xiaomi redmi note 2 prime @47k with elijahdre
Gionee m5 at 45k
Samsung galaxy j7

in descending order...
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by coderXO(m): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
tmanis:

xiaomi redmi note 2 prime @47k with elijahdre
Gionee m5 at 45k
Samsung galaxy j7

in descending order...

thx
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by jorhney(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
the overheating of this phone is too much..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
coderXO:

Been looking at these

cc aterejr, emmbet

Xiaomi mi 4c but not removable battery.

Xiaomi phone any day, any time.

Shop online with confidence @kulimart.com
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by coderXO(m): 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Youngzedd:

Xiaomi mi 4c but not removable battery.

Xiaomi phone any day, any time.

Shop online with confidence @kulimart.com

which one do you have 16gb / 32gb ? colors?

Note 2, also which colors?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 8:07am On Nov 09, 2015
coderXO:

which one do you have 16gb / 32gb ? colors?

Note 2, also which colors?

2GB/16GB Black colour.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Ismo06: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2015
KuliMart:

2GB/16GB Black colour.
Have you got your expecting order?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2015
Ismo06:
Have you got your expecting order?

You can now order for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.

Available.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Chikago(m): 3:44am On Nov 10, 2015
Here's my review on the Redmi Note 2.

BATTERY.The hardware especially the FHD screen is what consumes the battery the most,you're sure to get a full day's use when the battery is full. I'll rate the battery on a scale of 1-10 coming from the Cubetalk 9x,on a 6.

CAMERA. The 13mp does its work really well. Xiaomi made no mistakes in this category. On a scale of 1-10,the camera is on 8.

Processing power. This is this phone's selling point they've also made no mistakes on this category. The 2.2ghz handles tasks like a pro. On a scale of 1-10 again, this processor scores a 9.

Ram management. The company could've done a whole lot better by making this a 3gb ram device,instead of 2,you might ask why 2gb isn't quite interesting to me,its because of Xiaomi's ROM Miui,its a "RAM eater". U get just 1.2 free on turning on the device and a further spiral down with time,on a scale of 1-10,RAM management is 5. SOLUTION. U can try another launcher if u seriously need it.

MIUI. This ROM loves RAM but is worth it. It NEVER lags even if free RAM is at 258. It's beautiful, and it has over a million themes on the miui theme store.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2015
Chikago:
Here's my review on the Redmi Note 2.

BATTERY.The hardware especially the FHD screen is what consumes the battery the most,you're sure to get a full day's use when the battery is full. I'll rate the battery on a scale of 1-10 coming from the Cubetalk 9x,on a 6.

CAMERA. The 13mp does its work really well. Xiaomi made no mistakes in this category. On a scale of 1-10,the camera is on 8.

Processing power. This is this phone's selling point they've also made no mistakes on this category. The 2.2ghz handles tasks like a pro. On a scale of 1-10 again, this processor scores a 9.

Ram management. The company could've done a whole lot better by making this a 3gb ram device,instead of 2,you might ask why 2gb isn't quite interesting to me,its because of Xiaomi's ROM Miui,its a "RAM eater". U get just 1.2 free on turning on the device and a further spiral down with time,on a scale of 1-10,RAM management is 5. SOLUTION. U can try another launcher if u seriously need it.

MIUI. This ROM loves RAM but is worth it. It NEVER lags even if free RAM is at 258. It's beautiful, and it has over a million themes on the miui theme store.

Great review.

Welcome to MIUI world.

@ ALL

Remember you can always get this phone from us.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Gyrados: 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
donhils:
What is this one saying?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
got my note 2 prime today but no update yet

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by W3xy1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
officially on jumia as frm monday

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
W3xy1:
officially on jumia as frm monday

Hmm

That's old Redmi 2, not the one been discussed here.

There's a difference between Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Xiaomi RedMi Note 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply)

Gta San Andreas finally released on android / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls. / List Of Phones That Will Not Support Whatsapp Anymore From 31st Dec 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.