Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (25668 Views)

What To Do With A Degree In English Language / How To Apply For Government Npower Program. / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by bigass123(m): 10:52am On Aug 28, 2015
And this bee can make noise ehn??
I guess you've never been jobless and so you don't have an idea what she's going through.. If you are faced with a situation to lie to save your head.. You will lie better than Liar Muhammed... Don't point fingers cos
Nobody Holy pass if not Hollywood no suppose dey America.. He suppose dey Jerusalem.
Mizzzbeee:
Youths of today lack discipline and integrity! cry
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by lawalbo(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2015
As an HR personnel there are two sides to ur questions. no 1 is Integrity. it means even if you are employed you Integrity might be doubted cos the employer might still hold that perception about you. second is on morality the panel might see it as a means of trying to prove urself especially if u do well than those the so called first and second class upper. candid advice if you are shortlisted go. there are either two sides to it a yes or a no.you learn from it then move on.

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by teadrake(m): 11:02am On Aug 28, 2015
Falsification is tantamount to corruption!!! You will be probed

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:06am On Aug 28, 2015
bigass123:
And this bee can make noise ehn??
I guess you've never been jobless and so you don't have an idea what she's going through.. If you are faced with a situation to lie to save your head.. You will lie better than Liar Muhammed... Don't point fingers cos
Nobody Holy pass if not Hollywood no suppose dey America.. He suppose dey Jerusalem.
good I was expecting this smiley.... You See the problem with young youths they all want people hailing them when they do something wrong because it makes them feel good inside.. People tell dem it's OK because of the society we live in den they nod their heads saying yes man must chop... They Lack integrity... Discipline and they sit der blaming the government for their predicament... The truth is an alien entity it has no stand they are selfish always wanting to save their heads never thinking generational legacy never thinking about the future never thinking impact ... Always the hustle mentality "grow up... Go to school.... Graduate...get a pay job... Marry... Pay bills... Get old and wish your kids remember you... Then die" that is the life of a common hustler man... Dearie this is Nairaland a faceless forum you can say all you want but what is true is true I don't try to prove a point nope because it doesn't yield to anything... This is my stand and that is your stand good.... Lets See where it will lead you to smiley av a great day
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by NemzySeries(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Hmmmmm.....wen d oga finds out & say u shd sleep wit him u'll say men are wicked abi!!
One way or d orda u'll av to sustain d job wit lies...............Go & sin no more
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by NemzySeries(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
No company would marvel at dishonesty sad..... My Dear if she would have submitted her CV without altering her grade she can convince them she is the right person for the job only den they will marvel at her confidence..... Young youths today see dishonesty and lack of integrity as a norm now to the point if someone says otherwise the person is an alien and we blame the government.... If little discomforts like dis can make us compromise.... wen we finally get the job of cuz we wud falsify documents and embezzle for less angry
Making sense #1001_likes
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by ksbusari(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2015
Its a lie. Did u apply without any copy of ur credentials? Common!!!
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Realtol(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2015
Spicylate:
It does not matter so far you are/will be able to convince them that you are the right candidate. I'm sure they will even marvel at your confidence. All the best.
I'm marvelled at your assertion. Confidence of a liar and cheat who can't stick to a simple instruction but rather go against it...? Haba! Don't rationalise nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2015
go for the interview and tell the truth... you dont know what may happen.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by 3kay945(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Visocrate:
hope say the job has nothing to do with the military if not so your life will never remain the same when you near the center

grin cheesy
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by wristbangle: 11:25am On Aug 28, 2015
emusmith:
The truth is, The fact you're feeling this way means you really need this job and have a "good" heart. I know you lied but I may not know what you're going through and I can't feed you SO I can't judge you.

I would suggest you don't throw in the towel just yet! Why? That may just be a "limit" placed to the checkmate/curtail the mammoth crowd that may want to apply for the job. It may not really be a big deal to them.

Sometimes, they may even applaud you for your persistence.

Yes, you lied. Ask for mercy and if God really really wants you to get the job, His mercy will culminate into CONGRATULATIONS! GO AND SIN NO MORE!

# I speak as a man tho#

Wonderful reply.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by 3kay945(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2015
lawalbo:
As an HR personnel there are two sides to ur questions. no 1 is Integrity. it means even if you are employed you Integrity might be doubted cos the employer might still hold that perception about you. second is on morality the panel might see it as a means of trying to prove urself especially if u do well than those the so called first and second class upper. candid advice if you are shortlisted go. there are either two sides to it a yes or a no.you learn from it then move on.

How would he be shortlisted when the criteria for that stated 2.1

His application will be struck out during collation.
His application is already in the waste bin now or someone is using it as draft. cool
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by litetias(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Country hard oo

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by FLOURICON: 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
OLAplusONE:
Dnt be afraid, on d day of documentation just give them two replies: its either u tell dem its a computer error or u tell dem u intended to make a 2:1 bt tinz went d oda way round... Mind U,one lie leads to another!

Lol, very funny. So because you intend to study Medicine but your university offered you Political Science and after obtaining B.Sc in Political Science then u'll be applying for medical job because that is what you intend to study in the first place.
Please, let integrity be our watchword. I know the conditions of job requirement in Nigeria of today but It would have been better if it is possible to persuade and convince the resource person about what u got to offer on one-to-one basis than to lie about ur qualification.
Anyway, best of luck.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Princejboy(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
If you have to lie inorder to get a job,than be prepared to tell lies inorder to remain with the organization shikina.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Hawlahscho(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Alexas58:
hit like on this link plx.. https://m.facebook.com/629566573846763/photos/a.673297419473678.1073741828.629566573846763/673297479473672/?type=1&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6187744927858296124%3Amf_story_key.8729486129361309513%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.

like koo... love ni undecided
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Hawlahscho(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
Kacyrose:
I saw a job vacancy in a reputable company, which I think I am qualified apart from my degree. Only those with 1st class and 2.1 are qualified to apply for the job but I had to lie that I had 2.1 (but I truely had 2.2) in order to get access to continue with the application for the job.
I don't know what to do if I should get shortlisted for the job. Should I forget about it or go on with the interview even when I know that they will discover that I didn't meet up with one of their requirements. I am so confused

I'm here.

THE MD OF D COMPANY
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by gidjah(m): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Spicylate:
It does not matter so far you are/will be able to convince them that you are the right candidate. I'm sure they will even marvel at your confidence. All the best.
hey dear,any job for d graduates?
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by gidjah(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
OLAplusONE:
Dnt be afraid, on d day of documentation just give them two replies: its either u tell dem its a computer error or u tell dem u intended to make a 2:1 bt tinz went d oda way round... Mind U,one lie leads to another!
Una can lie seriously,instead of you to reprimand her ,you are here busy helping to become an advance liar!.There is god o !!pls give your life to Christ
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
See, the fruit of dishonesty, all liars especially you will have their behind roasted and deep fried like kfc in hell. Repent and stick with 2.2 jobs. You just stole one slot from the rightful 2.1 makers, like dat useless woman introvert abi na melancholy who always steals FTC from people.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by scobaba: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
Fake story. Who does not know that they check every before employment. HR even go as far as getting confirmation from the school before job confirmation.

However, if it is true this happened. No need to proceed. Just back out. It could get all messy.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by gidjah(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
belamour:
If It Was During Jonathan Administration

I Would Have Told You Not To Worry

But Its PMB Regime

Lying Is Corruption
yea yea ,Lying is corruption o!na jail levels u dey onto so !!
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Donpizzle(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
OLAplusONE:

pls what is documentation and how does it verify our degree. Life is a learning process.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by tyor: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
GO AHEAD!!!
LEARN FROM THE INTERVIEW PROCESS!!!
LET THEM KNOW AT THE END OF THE INTERVIEW, YOUR HONESTY COULD BE REWARDED AT THAT STAGE (especially if you outperform the 1st class badgers).

DID YOU HEAR ME

LASTLY, DONT DO IT AGAIN

and for critics, middle finger for y'all
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Chiderad(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Whatever is built on a faulty foundation collapses.

You're not confused. It is an intentional act. REPENT and don't go any further, in the event you are called which i doubt.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Cyriloha(m): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
bonnyhope:
why must u tell lie to secure a job having known very well that you will go through a process of documentation and the company still have to investigate the authenticity of your result from your school. please in as much as you want to get a job, allow God to guide you in your your undertakings.

GO AND TELL YOUR PRESIDENT BUHARI OKAY! ?
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by ifeomaekol(f): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Exponental:
I don't get the lie. Is it because you applied for a 2.1 job knowing u have 2.2. if u applied with 2.2 for a 2.1 job...go ahead. if u lied, as in, u answered a question or tendered a false information..... go back.
best answer ever----------- if she applied for a job of 2.1 wt her normal 2.2 dts wen d company will marvel @her confidence and if she's able to convince them dt she has wat it takes for d job, then there's 70% chance dt she ll get d job bt lying abt her cert wnt get her anywia.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by lamash: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2015
The truth is that the economy of this country gave way for this to happen.. do u know how many people bought their way through school, dated lecturers, paid money etc just to have a 2.1 and then they now feel they are eligible for good jobs.

I always regret that I didn't finish with 2.1

So my sister it happens, if u are called go and then prove urself to them. It will be an experience for you.
This is why I always advise students pls just try and finish with a 2.1 because if not one will be fustrated.

Sincerely this issue dey always pain me like anytin anytime I think about it or discuss it with people.

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2015
Every one here is telling the OP to not have done it because you will be caught. The Only reason the OP is feeling bad is because he feels he will be caught.

Guy,you shouldn't have done it because it is WRONG, plain and simple.

Our morals are really lost in this naija..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian AirForce Recruitment 2016 / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Channels Television Massive Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.