Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? (4902 Views)

Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Nigerian Ladies Are Beautiful! (pictures) / What Does 'Have A Drink' Mean In The Western Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by DeReloaded: 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
Your type are the worst type of alcoholics

Drinking themselves to sleep grin
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Hauwa1: 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2009
Dereloaded, don't tell me you don't take a shot or two?

i don't take it all the time, like i said a shot and it's seasonal. after you are sent your tuition, it is good to drink jare grin
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by DeReloaded: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2009
I dont drink actually.

Ive never see anyone drink alcohol without first showing a "bitter face" so what's the point?

Ginger Ale l'omo. If i go out, i ask for a shot of ginger ale and my friends try to deny knowing me grin grin
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Hauwa1: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
keep up the ginger ale thing wink i love ginger ale, got 2 huge bottles in the fridge, good for stomach smiley

i hate alcohol but give me Bailey anyday grin. anyway, it is costly (Ebony true o grin).
do you know Wegmans got nice red wines? cheesy
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by biina: 12:04am On Apr 02, 2009
Irrespective of gender, to drink is to risk getting drunk. Being drunk paves the way for a grand misbehavior, which is never a scene to remembered.
Some say "I know my limits' or 'I am a social drinker', or even better still ' I can never get drunk' shocked
One day na one day, monkey go go market, e no go come back!

Personally, I like to be in full cognizance of my senses.
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by MrCrackles(m): 12:06am On Apr 02, 2009
stillwater:

Alcohol sucksssss!!! tongue

GBAM!
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 02, 2009
Pataki:

Alfa oyinbo (oyb), so you do tgif?

Allahu arkbar! grin grin grin

abeg let me clarify o

i was being lazy in my original post

i meant 'you most definetely do not go to your company/employers tgif'

i normally do not go to my company TGIFs, but there were two occassions when i could not avoid it. place was like a niteclub(been to one , once for 15 minutes) loud music, people guzzling alcohol as if it was going out of fashion. . .

go to any company tgif and you will see men and women drinking is all i'm saying
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 02, 2009
biina:

Irrespective of gender, to drink is to risk getting drunk. Being drunk paves the way for a grand misbehavior, which is never a scene to remembered.
Some say "I know my limits' or 'I am a social drinker', or even better still ' I can never get drunk' shocked
One day na one day, monkey go go market, e no go come back!

Personally, I like to be in full cognizance of my senses.

From memory, Palm Wine is alcoholic, and is a customary drink at lots of Nigerian functions.
In most cases, if your guests offer you Palm Wine, and you refuse it, it can be taken as an affront.

The "no drinking" saga sounds like a typical "holier than though" attitude, anything done in excess is bad, and that includes eating food!

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by spikedcylinder: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Spike, a bottle goes for months in my fridge. you sabi am oo grin i can picture you putting the whole bottle for inside ya mouth like pure water grin

Months?!?! Lai Lai. The longest Baileys can go with me is 24hrs. The thing is too sweet (and fattening). embarassed

P.S, stop with the apologies. You drink alcohol but you don't owe anyone explanations o.
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Hauwa1: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2009
hahaha, 24 hours? girl, you are funny. you are right sistah.

Palmy has acohol eh, thank you Siena kiss.
Now Ebony Silk dear you dey hear? don't go abt bragging you don't like acohol. kurukerekurukere ni ologbo se wo igbo lo grin grin
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by qkman: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2009
Says who?
9ja women dey drink fine fine,dem just like to dey pose too much by refusing foods and drinks in party is part of what they now call BISSGAL,e neva do dem ooooooo,i dey com,
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Pataki: 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2009
Shaayo babes plenty for here. . . . shocked shocked

oyb:

abeg let me clarify o

i was being lazy in my original post

i meant 'you most definetely do not go to your company/employers tgif'

i normally do not go to my company TGIFs, but there were two occassions when i could not avoid it. place was like a niteclub(been to one , once for 15 minutes) loud music, people guzzling alcohol as if it was going out of fashion. . .

go to any company tgif and you will see men and women drinking is all i'm saying
See what your laziness almost cost you?! grin grin grin

Anyways, I was just pulling your legs, alfa. cheesy
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Hauwa1: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2009
Pataki,
what is Shaayo?

Spike, we need to get together to Bailey it cheesy
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by spikedcylinder: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2009
When we finish, who will carry who? cheesy
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Pataki: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Pataki,
what is Shaayo?
My dear Hauwa, and you are a Nigerian babe, you don't know what shaayo means? cry embarassed tongue

It simply means alcohol drinking. tongue

You are yet to grant me my request you know. I am still waiting oh patiently.
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by DeReloaded: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2009
Lol how dont you know that palmwine has alcohol? This Hauwa sef
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

keep up the ginger ale thing wink i love ginger ale, got 2 huge bottles in the fridge, good for stomach smiley

i hate alcohol but give me Bailey anyday grin. anyway, it is costly (Ebony true o grin).
do you know Wegmans got nice red wines? cheesy

Baileys Sucks!!!!!!!!!! To think I was gloating over it on tv . . . how the creamy liquid cascades into the glass, yum, yum. cheesy What a disappointment!!! Was expecting some yoghurty, sugary flavour cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by spikedcylinder: 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2009
stillwater:

Baileys Sucks!!!!!!!!!! To think I was gloating over it on tv . . . how the creamy liquid cascades into the glass, yum, yum. cheesy What a disappointment!!! Was expecting some yoghurty, sugary flavour cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yoghurty kor, akamuic ni. Balieys rocks!!! angry Even Amarula is not so bad. . . . tongue
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2009
Spikey, seems you love your liqueur's. wink
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by biina: 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2009
Fresh undiluted palm wine can easily intoxicate. It has a fine texture with a sweet, almost sugary, taste which hides the high concentration of alcohol in it.
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by spikedcylinder: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2009
Lol. tongue
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by bluespice(f): 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2009
lol spike im like u
been drinking baileys before i crossed the great threshold of 10 tongue
amarula is good too
tried st brendan's, Kahlua? kiss kiss

enough with the cream liqueurs!
grand marnier is the shiet! kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by spikedcylinder: 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2009
St Brendan's? Never heard of it.

I don't do spirits though, too harsh for my throat. embarassed
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by bluespice(f): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2009
awww
ive scalded my tongue on numerous occassions grin embarassed
college is really the best worst place forget wat they say tongue
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by xxcarolxx(f): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2009
I have seen 9ja women drinking at parties, the ones that are not drinking are the ones who are driving remember going to one house party i brought my bottle of baileys needless to say i ended up sharing it, so now i know de 9ja ladies love baileys i go prepared i bring 2 grin
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Hauwa1: 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
grin grin grin

i thot it was just me that love the taste kiss. i love Bailey but one shot is enough at a time.

Spike, Bluespice and I need to get together to Bailey it grin
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by bluespice(f): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2009
hauwa one shot? shocked
gurl u need to come out with me
ull have more shots than u can remember, dont worry u wont be drunk wink

seriously spikey grand marnier is smoother than baileys,
its the sweetest, yummiest oh-so-good drink as some will say. . .
on n u should try having shots of baileys, kahlua n st brendan's after the other
come back n tell me how ur experience was wink

**Disclaimer, i am not resposible for any horrible experience u have neither am i responsible for anything i say
hearsay and watching one's friends qualifies as first hand experience**
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by DeReloaded: 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2009
kahlua alone is gross.
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by davidif: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2009
@poster,

How culture is different from Western culture where women shamelessly get drunk, throw up, and show there bossoms. Our women are more honorable and more classy.
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by DeReloaded: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2009
davidif:

@poster,

How culture is different from Western culture where women shamelessly get drunk, throw up, and show there bossoms. Our women are more honorable and more classy.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-257534.0.html

Classy indeed grin

If the girls in the link were drunk, wouldnt that have been better. At least they'd have an excuse cheesy
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by Hauwa1: 1:04am On Apr 04, 2009
lol grin

just need a good shot of Bailey irish cream this friday evening, smiley, it has been a while and this thread just woke up my thirty of BIC
Re: How Come Nigerian Ladies Never Have A Drink? by wanville(m): 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Of Ikwerre - The Bini Connection / European Languages Are Killing African Languages / Tongue Piercing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.