Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss (3910 Views)

Census Not Likely In 2017, Says NPC Boss / Our Economy Can't Take Care Of Senators Any Longer.... / Why Nigerian Economy Can't Sustain Bicameral System Of Government .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss by scholes0(m): 7:20am On Oct 22, 2015
astrodome:
At the risk of sounding tribal, I would say that while it seems that Igbos, whether in the SE or based outside of the SE, have been able to devise a means to control their population, the other majority ethnic groups have not yet figured out how to do so. Religion and culture have been tools deployed to increase population in the North and South West, and with that have come continued or increasing poverty, especially in the North.

I understand that in Nigeria population determines how much money you get from the national purse, but such money have never been used to take care of the corresponding population of the receiving state or region; they have mostly been embezzled.

The Chinese, Japanese, Europeans and white America that have taken steps to reduce their population growth are not foolish. Igbos have learned from them, such that whereas our parents had 6 to 10 children a few decades ago, we the young ones, aged 40 years and below, now have an average of 3 kids per family. We may lose in the population-based sharing of the wealth in Nigeria, but with the continued dwindling of oil money we are going to be better off, being able to manage (educate and give a good living standard) our small families with the resources at our disposal.

I will not be surprised that if a clean and unbiased tribal-based census is conducted today, the Igbo population would be far lower than that of the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba. This is because the Hausa-Fulani (90% muslim) and Yoruba (50%-60% muslim) societies still permit the marrying of multiple wives and, hence, giving birth to multiple children, and are less well travelled (traveling also contributes to reducing the population of an area) than their Igbo compatriots.

yes you sounded tribal, becauses according to the NPS, birth rates in the SE and SW are relatively the same, with it being slghtly higher in the SE.
SS is highest in South.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss by anulaxad(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
Are you consciously trying to distort facts?

Or you don't know the difference between population density and population?

Even if an average Igbo family should have just one child, the population density of Ndigbo in general will still be relatively high due to limited land space

Wait!
TIMEISWISDOM:
Typical Nigerian professional.
Always easily a disgrace to his/ her profession.

adconline:
I
Offering ignorant opinion from the bottomless pit of ut ignorance.. In terms of population density, Anambra has smaller land mass than Kano, but Kano is the most populous state in Naija with huge land mass but fewer resources.

If you had taken the time to read my other comments you would have realised that I have defended myself to best of my extent.

This is how I finished the other nonetity(astrodome) and with this it shall also silence both of you ignoramuses:

anulaxad:

Hehe, have I not shown you what the population difference is between all the major ethnic groups in this country already?
grin grin grin grin, you sound so silly, honestly it is so easy to counter all the nosense you say here.
Ok,this is your foolish reasoning: smaller state means bigger population due to less space. Not even kids are this ignorant.
Ok I shall end this argument here, Is Osun,Ekiti,Ebonyi,Abia,Akwa ibom,Rivers,Enugu or even Abuja as densely populated as Anambra or Imo?
They are similar in land area right, so why are they not as densely populated as Anambra or Imo. You don't have to be an expert to understand that those two states are just naturally overpopulated. I won't make a fool out of you, your doing a good job of that yourself.
Admitting this truth at hand will not kill you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss by TonySpike: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2015
Is this thread dead?
Re: Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss by K9blunt(f): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2015
kestolove95:
Its non of ma bizness

don't be steupid, why commenting then?

its unfortunate but the government has the power to control the population.

its because of overpopulation that jobs aren't much,
its because of overpopulation agriculture is dwindling, hence 500 that was enough to cook a good pot of soup, is only enough to buy red oil and onions if you want to manage

we need to stop the mentality that "god go provide" its not helping matters at all.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss by kestolove95(m): 10:21am On Oct 22, 2015
K9blunt:

don't be steupid, why commenting then?

its unfortunate but the government has the power to control the population.

its because of overpopulation that jobs aren't much,
its because of overpopulation agriculture is dwindling, hence 500 that was enough to cook a good pot of soup, is only enough to buy red oil and onions if you want to manage

we need to stop the mentality that "god go provide" its not helping matters at all.
why d insult?
Re: Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss by K9blunt(f): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2015
kestolove95:
why d insult?

I don't mean to, I just couldn't help it. this is a serious issue that involves you and I. and you're commenting "what's my business"
when it's not about irrelevant issues like "linda ikeji flies first class jet"
Re: Nigeria's Economy Can't Cope With Current Population, NPC Boss by stanech: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2015
And apc want to share the unavailable 5000 naira to every poor Nigerian I pity them

The North is the problem of the country. Remove the north the problem is half solved

Remove the west the problem is fully solved

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: 52 Senior Lawyers To Storm Abuja Court In Defence Of IPOB Leader, / List Of INEC Registration Centres In Lagos! / British Embassy Barred Peter Obi From Signing Condolence Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.