Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian (1713 Views)

Teenage Girl Kills Her Father For Not Allowing Her Marry 24-Year-Old Boyfried / 24-Year-Old Nigerian Student Scams 62-Year-Old White Lover / How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
A 24-year-old Nigerian, simply identified as Juliet and a supposed undergraduate of Economics at a Russian university, has revealed how and why she became a prostitute.

DAILY POST recalls that there have been recent stories about prostitution ring run by some Nigerian ladies who lure innocent girls into travelling to Europe to sell their bodies.

Recounting Juliet’s heart-chilling story, a Russian photographer, Tatiana Egorova, revealed how she was tricked into prostitution.

She further exposed the antics of some Nigerian pimps who lure girls into sex slavery abroad with the promise of better job opportunities, only to force them into selling themselves for money after making them swear to an oath to repay the money used in sponsoring them.

According to Tatiana, the most pathetic of the girls, is 24-year-old Juliet who went to study Economics in a Russian University only to be tricked into prostitution.

Tatiana said on her subversive discoveries, she met with four young girls, all of them from Benin City in Edo State, who were recruited into the prostitution ring.

She said, “Juliet is from Benin City, Edo State and she was first girl I spoke with. Juliet said her neighbor who was later revealed to be working for a gang, suggested to Juliet’s parents to send their daughter to study Economics at a Russian university.”

Quoting Juliet directly, Tatiana said, “I’d just finished school and my parents agreed to send me to Russia after they were convinced by a neighbour that it would be best for me.

“My neighbor helped to get a student visa for me. When we landed at Moscow airport, her friend met us and took me to Voronezh, 543km away from Moscow.

“When we arrived Voronezh, the neighbor told me I owed her $45,000, being what she spent on me on transit and I must become a prostitute so as to make money to pay off the debt.

“She took away all my money and passport and with life being so difficult for me, I had to join in the sex work because the woman and her friends tortured me every day for disobeying them.

“I was stranded and left with no other option. I became a sex slave to both men and animals and nothing to show for it because my madam takes all the money,” Tatiana ended Juliet’s narrative, promising to get more details and find a better way to liberate young Juliet.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/27/i-became-a-prostitute-because-i-was-stranded-in-russia-24-year-old-nigerian-girl/

Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by DONSMITH123(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Imagine!

Coz, you were stranded abi!

Story for the God's

Was she tied down or locked up?
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Quite unfortunate.

Somebody should bring this to the notice of that man with Numerical Mouth Diarhorea..
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by INTROVERT(f): 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
i feel sorry for her
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by delishpot: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nothing is done for free on earth. People do good deeds to get paid by humans or they expect to be paid by the gods.
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by eleko1: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
sad
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by raayah(f): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
/
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by kestolove95(m): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Juliet okonkwo...we sabi dem...ibos
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by MRBrownJ: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
all these goldigging whores claiming they were forced into prostitution, lol! i will never feel sorry for any of these people!
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by naijathings(m): 7:14am On Aug 28, 2015
raayah:
Why didnt she run away?
Why didnt she tell her customers what was happening?
Why didn't she call the police or contact the Nigerian embassy.

Except she was tied down and locked in a room,She should have done something.

see how easy you make it sound.
did it ever occur to you that the masterminds of such sex slavery take their time to perfect this act and they are so experienced in the act that they take advantage of the loopholes in the country laws to the point that their victims have no case if they go to the police?
they don't have to tie their victims down or beg them not to go to the cops.... sex slavery is real and people get tricked into it every day. but I wonder what covenant is binding Edo people to the alter of prostitution? they are almost synonymous with the job.
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by raayah(f): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2015
/
Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by j1mmy: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
Overpopulation and lack of family planning

Nigerians having children knowing they lack the means to support them before them can stand on their own.

barbaric, primitive, backward "god dey" mentality....

2 Likes

Re: I Became A Prostitute Because I Was Stranded In Russia – 24-year-old Nigerian by Djboosting: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
raayah:

i am only asking questions.

from this story, i didn't hear the girls trying to save themselves, maybe they left it out. If they had said, we called the police or sought help, it would have been different. She arrived and someone told her she owed her money and she started work like that? If she was locked up in an isolated area,I would understand.

Sex slavery is real but a lot of people fight to come out of this. These girls didn't do anything.

i dont think these girls wanted to leave , there are many agencies in Russia that are in place to help nigerian girls.

The best way to answer ur question or curiousness is....

Read this Nairaland story - "There and back on time" by Zuby77...

Here.. https://www.nairaland.com/1333913/there-back-time-nairaland-best.

You may also want to go to www.globalruns.com and start from season 1.
The one here on nairaland stopped two years ago.

The whole picture of what the girl is saying will be painted fully for ur imagination

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hard Times: Policewoman Shoots Herself Dead Inside Airport Toilet (graphic) / Woman Runs For Her Life As Herdsmen Chase Her With Knives Leaving Her With Injur / Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.