Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others (111312 Views)

PMB Appoints Secretary Gen Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs As JAMB Registrar / Buratai Visits Soldiers & UN Staff & Others Wounded By Boko Haram (Pics) / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
francizy:

Mufefefefefe!!! Me prefer 99% Hausa/Fulani oh! Yoruba: 0.3%, S/S: 0.3%, Igbos: 0.1% and others: 0.3%... grin cheesy grin cheesy
Gbam!... Power to the North.

They (the sophiscated ones) wanted power to return to the North, we shall help them actualize it, Just like we helped them in the Senate and House of reps.

Chanji dole! grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by CyberWolf: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
bigerboy200:

The north wrecked d country?? Ok, agreed,wen d south had their own chance to repair d country and make southerners more relevant with respect to federal might,what happened?? NOTHING...endless Looting was still d order of the day..From maiduguri to Delta to Lagos...one thing unites our leaders and that is selfish interest riddled with corruption.......best thing is go leave Nigeria and get another citzenship elsewhere,the people u think care about u,don't care..they care only for their pockets..
Shut up there..What did you know? During GEJ regime, Southern Nigeria experienced it's highest number of employment in our MDAs in the history of Nigeria..Anyway I don't expect you to understand what that means because you reason with your anvs angry angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by hinwazaka: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
doctokwus:
Surprises all round.
PMB is quite unpredictable and is really hellbent on not having corrupt,tainted elements in his govt
Well done and may God continue guiding him.
The appointees are all from the north. What about that is unpredictable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Shymm3x: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
AreaFada2:

Only a fool didn't see it coming.

Buhari's mistrust for Southerners continue. We saw it in his persecution of Southern politicians, even those as white as now including Ajasin & Ekwueme.
Maybe the Southern elite deserve it though. People who could betray a fellow Southerner like Awo, Abiola and recently GEJ should not be trusted unconditionally. grin cheesy

Overall I have no issues with it. Pius Anyim & Oghiadomhe began with GEJ too. Only that Fashola would have deserved SGF position.

I can't even see any mistrust here - the man is just a typical Nigerian. What you lot need to understand is that Nigeria is more or less a Northern protectorate, with the South as an appendage. Hence about 70/80% of the landmass is in the North. And the country is also fundamentally divided across tribal lines, despite the ignorance most obtuse Nigerians feign - due to illiteracy and pseudo-intellectualism cum faux-exposure.

GEJ did the same despite coming from a region that doesn't even occupy 5% of the landmass. And the man is only returning the favour. If you don't like his administration - you can always vote him out in 4 years' time, if your votes will actually count against the Northern votes.

Anyway, just suck it in...he never promised geopolitical appointments and he's still on track to fulfill his promises, albeit as slow as a snail in the process, with nothing to show for it right now. Judge him after four years.

I like this guy right here:

Alhaji Abba Kyari, the new Chief of Staff to the President holds Bachelors and Masters Degrees from the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick in Law and Sociology.

^^^True definition of a technocrat. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by christinie(f): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
neocortex:

Nigerian ain't national cake but it is a northern cake right ?

Power in your area might have improved but you must know
that there are still large section of the country
this government had no input to it we still generate an average of
4500MW just as it has been since 2007 which means that only distribution
has improved and we know what led to that.

And I can confidently tell you that most areas who had the worst case of
power supply before may 29 are still struggling to get light e.g BEDC zones.

Moreover ,telecommunication industry and other "power hungry" industries
still fuel their diesel generators.

From the history of developed countries , no successful leader rely
totally on choosing from a pool of "his or her people".

You as well as many others might think that governance is all about fighting
corruption and saving money , it is far more than that , no country can be
successful without the use of visionaries from diverse backgrounds.

If we continue like this , Nigeria will end up like a retiree waiting for pension
, can you compare that to a retiree who has invested wisely
while in active service ?

BTW, any evidence to show that appointing only northerners is the only sure way to
move Nigeria forward ?

and they chant about more constant power supply forgetting that GEJ made it happen before bowing out.
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by ZUBY77(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
Zombie nation..
Time has s way of settling things like this.. Enjoy your 4 years..
Because I can see the Yoruba aligning with the SS and SE to vote you out.
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Rilwayne001: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
H
Cc: severussn.ape, anon.imi, a twireless,mo.dath, rilwayne001, and ALL Southern NL

Simply tell me why you had to mention my moniker among those chucklehead harum-scarum neanderthals?
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by christinie(f): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
who takes an SSA serious?

Mechionu gi dia
and that's still 1/6 mxm
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by MSItachi: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
I think they are setting the stage for the mother of all heist in Nigeria History

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by AreaFada2: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Speculation! Speculation!! Speculation!! ..Wike aint being used by nobody..back den in Ikwere Wike had always told us he must prob Amaechi's governance ones he sits on Power and now he's doin it.

As 4 the Fashola saga,i don't knw if i'll belive u on dat because all i see is a mere speculation.

You may be right. In the South, we are selfish and egoistic enough to shoot ourselves in the foot, tear ourselves apart, wash our dirty linen in the public without any instigation from the North. To their delight.
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by francizy(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Aha!. grin grin

FranRufai make sense well well. cheesy

You don get appointment be that o.
Hehehehehehehehehehe...

Barcanister - Babanginista
Mogidi - Mohammagidi
Altwires - Alhaji Waya Sani
DearPreye - Danjuma Praya
Kabonnic - Kabiru Osama
Whynotthetruth - Walahi Truthmana!
Truckpusher - Taliban Puda
Please add more... grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by christinie(f): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ask the mofos
Reference:

I see. So if the President is from Auchi and appoints 100 Adams Oshybabs into his cabinet, fulani man will nod at this your postulation.....hmmm.... okay oh.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by christinie(f): 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Electricity normally improves during raining season,d dams are full,you guys didn't vote Buhari for his Body Language to work,he needs to start fulfilling his campaigns
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by francizy(m): 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Gbam!... Power to the North.

They (the sophiscated ones) wanted power to return to the North, we shall help them actualize it, Just like we helped them in the Senate and House of reps.

Chanji dole! grin

If you noticed, I gave my people 0.1% for equity and justice! cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by shullamite: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
What happened to federal character (commission)
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Honestly, the way people reason at times baffles me....with due respect to them, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
For Gods sake ALL these post/positions are temporarily occupied!!! The Next government isnt mandated to follow similar trend or pattern...
Afterall, the last admin, GEJ had more south than north in key position..just to make some 'elements' happy, @ the end of the day, he COULDNT hold anyone accountable!!!
We WANT PERFORMANCE and NOT FEDERAL CHARACTER...
I ask this question, Is NIGERIA more COMPLEX than AMERICA in terms of no of states, population and ethnicity How come all these 'cheap blackmails' flying up and down...the worst is that the people of the south are their own worst enemy...if Fashola or Ameachi or Fayemi or Onu's name was picked for the SGF; they would have cried out that they had corruption case...all because of party difference...but have you guys notice that the NORTH are more united and team up irrespective of political diff when it comes to ambition...how often do you see a northern gov running hate campaign against it's predecessor or a northern personality as how FAYOSE, WIKE AND NOW AMBODE are discrediting their predecessors? The South are their own enemy PERIOD..we dont know how to play politics...the North are not going to help us put our house in order...got it? The North are more organised when it comes to politics; 4 example, they know who to side with come 2019 should PMB not contest...do the South have a unified candidate Even in the east, there is a serious divide...rochas, theodore orji, sullivan, obiano and etc are not UNITED, better still no unified ruler unlike in the days of zik and ojukwu...how abt Southwest Fayose, Ambode, fayemi, fashola are at loggerheads!!! And you expect North to take us serious?
Cc: severussnape, anonimi, atwireless,modath, rilwayne001, and ALL Southern NL
You're a despicable and chronic liar, Did you say most key appointments of GEJ were from the south... Go check again, Then come back to tell me this shit_. I don't even have much to say to you, the north owns this country, Let them keep ruling us in the south, Thanks to their servants (I don't want to use the word 'slave') in the West (sophisticated ones). grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by basilo101: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
Reference:

Thought you folks said you wanted 'competence', 'techocrats', so what is the complaint again. Can't you folks stand for one thing.

which yardstick was used to measure their competence? weac and Jamb are used in measuring competence in admission, why cant they use it in admission? If aspirants to the post are made to pass tru some test and northerners score highest then we giv it to them, ur argument is illogical
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by christinie(f): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
dckng16:
Lol has Nigeria ever generated 5000 Mega watts since her independence. Only in PMB's regime
GEJ made it happen so stfu!
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by angelberton(f): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

And competent people only abound in one section of the country?

Kontinuo!

They were from different political zones. You will do well to wait for him to put his entire team together before jumping up and down lest you fall.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
francizy:

If you noticed, I gave my people 0.1% for equity and justice! cheesy grin
You go fear equity and justice na grin
Sir, I'm still laughing in Swahili. Hiohiohiohiohiohiohio grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Mogidi: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
francizy:

Barcanister - Babanginista
Mogidi - Mohammagidi
Altwires - Alhaji Waya Sani
DearPreye - Danjuma Praya
Kabonnic - Kabiru Osama
Whynotthetruth - Walahi Truthmana!
Truckpusher - Taliban Puda
Please add more... grin

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by nateevs(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
Reference:

I see. So if the President is from Auchi and appoints 100 Adams Oshybabs into his cabinet, fulani man will nod at this your postulation.....hmmm.... okay oh.

So what's your point? Continue the bigotry because someone wouldn't stop it? How do you guys look yourselves in the face and call others ethnic bigots? ?
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by modath(f): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Honestly, the way people reason at times baffles me....with due respect to them, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
For Gods sake ALL these post/positions are temporarily occupied!!! The Next government isnt mandated to follow similar trend or pattern...
Afterall, the last admin, GEJ had more south than north in key position..just to make some 'elements' happy, @ the end of the day, he COULDNT hold anyone accountable!!!
We WANT PERFORMANCE and NOT FEDERAL CHARACTER...
I ask this question, Is NIGERIA more COMPLEX than AMERICA in terms of no of states, population and ethnicity How come all these 'cheap blackmails' flying up and down...the worst is that the people of the south are their own worst enemy...if Fashola or Ameachi or Fayemi or Onu's name was picked for the SGF; they would have cried out that they had corruption case...all because of party difference...but have you guys notice that the NORTH are more united and team up irrespective of political diff when it comes to ambition...how often do you see a northern gov running hate campaign against it's predecessor or a northern personality as how FAYOSE, WIKE AND NOW AMBODE are discrediting their predecessors? The South are their own enemy PERIOD..we dont know how to play politics...the North are not going to help us put our house in order...got it? The North are more organised when it comes to politics; 4 example, they know who to side with come 2019 should PMB not contest...do the South have a unified candidate Even in the east, there is a serious divide...rochas, theodore orji, sullivan, obiano and etc are not UNITED, better still no unified ruler unlike in the days of zik and ojukwu...how abt Southwest Fayose, Ambode, fayemi, fashola are at loggerheads!!! And you expect North to take us serious?
Cc: severussnape, anonimi, atwireless,modath, rilwayne001, and ALL Southern NL

My question to PMB is simple.. " Are all the southerners he knows thieves"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by christinie(f): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
ndcide:

You get the point. That's why when I see some of my folks screaming corruption!! I laugh, because the kind of looting that will go on in this regime will shock everyone.
it's already ongoing. Say, who accounts for all the returned loots?
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by CORRECTMAN78(m): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
doctokwus:
Surprises all round.
PMB is quite unpredictable and is really hellbent on not having corrupt,tainted elements in his govt
Well done and may God continue guiding him.

By your word I summerise; the northerners are saint, while the southerners are all corrupt entities.

And come to think of it, christainity abounds in the south while islam abounds in the north. In this regards the southernerss are just whiling away their precious time in the church cause they are all corrupt people. By my bible, corruption is sin.

Guy wake up! Wake up! Its dawn!
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by christinie(f): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Did you say USA?

I pity the idiots that take you serious
he's yet to hear of Eastside and Westside. Mgbeke.
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by jatthobber(m): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
mandamus:
Each time I hear the name Col. Hameed, my mind remembers a former MILAD of Kaduna who still drives a Pegueot 504 till now. A man whose blood is pure and void of corruption. One who is contented with the little he has.

Mr. President should please give the Nigeria Police something similar to what he has given the Nigerian Custom service.

There is no DIG or AIG that can reposition the Nigerian Police to our dream Police Force.

Am in complete support

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by AreaFada2: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

I can't even see any mistrust here - the man is just a typical Nigerian. What you lot need to understand is that Nigeria is more or less a Northern protectorate, with the South as an appendage. Hence about 70/80% of the landmass is in the North. And the country is also fundamentally divided across tribal lines, despite the ignorance most obtuse Nigerians feign - due to illiteracy and pseudo-intellectualism cum faux-exposure.

GEJ did the same despite coming from a region that doesn't even occupy 5% of the landmass. And the man is only returning the favour. If you don't like his administration - you can always vote him out in 4 years' time, if your votes will actually count against the Northern votes.

Anyway, just suck it in...he never promised geopolitical appointments and he's still on track to fulfill his promises, albeit as slow as a snail in the process, with nothing to show for it right now. Judge him after four years.

I like this guy right here:

Alhaji Abba Kyari, the new Chief of Staff to the President holds Bachelors and Masters Degrees from the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick in Law and Sociology.

^^^True definition of a technocrat. grin

But you cannot compare it like that. The North including Buhari have ruled the country for very long. Occupying top positions with little to show for it. I was excited by GMB's first coming with street party and all. He was ethnocentric and he failed. I cannot be fooled twice. grin

I hope you don't suggest that the South has no similar or better technocrats. Because I know a few myself.

Back in May I said SGF will be a Muslim, who can even follow him to Friday prayers and really be around most times. Fashola fits the bill, like many others of course.

I never supported Buhari but he's president and that's fine.
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
aresa:
[s]lol @ biafra TaNoids wailing and crying over appointments in their so called zoo? Shouldn't you be more concerned about your village biafra dreams and let Nigerians worry about Nigeria..?

Funny enough, ibo president means 100% ibo appointments from top to bottom ..

Disgusting losers....smh[/s]

Foooolllll
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by ugoskholynx(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by NewNigeriaMind: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Trash, I voted for PMB too,

Always looking for means to justify Foolishness

I seriously doubt that....see I think what you should be worried about is the fulfillment of campaign promises. he didn't promise to appoint anyone from my village and so I am not worried.

But still go ahead and criticize his appointment wink its a democracy smiley

There is no justification here to be made neither is there foolishness, what is important to us is just different.
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
modath:

My question to PMB is simple.. " Are all the southerners he knows thieves"?
LouisVanGaal

Please answer this salient question.

And shut the Fvck up if you have no tangible explanation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today / Man Wears IGP's Transmission T-shirt (Photo) / Breaking News:president Goodluck Jonathan Attacked In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.