Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings (50933 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Ifiegboria(m): 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
onemmanuel:
my mom is Ebelle, from the Omijie family
The late John Omijie I guess. That family is very popular. I know that family very well
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Deefuray(f): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Same here sis.

Lmao @nothing comes out cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I could offer you some tutoring services at a discounted price. grin grin
So you cannot teach me for free? You are supposed to be my brother na
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 31, 2015
Deefuray:

So you cannot teach me for free? You are supposed to be my brother na
Of course I would. Was just pulling your legs.

Have a nice day.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by onemmanuel(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ifiegboria:

The late John Omijie I guess. That family is very popular. I know that family very well
do u know the Imanfidon or Isenimila Family in Ebelle
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Ifiegboria(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
onemmanuel:

do u know the Imanfidon or Isenimila Family in Ebelle
I know the Isenmila's family. I think that is at Eguare Ebelle. Are u related to them? I am not from Ebelle anyway
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by laprince(m): 3:10am On Nov 24, 2015
bilulu:
c laprince...... na ur guy antivirus o
Obhiaba. khara
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Enahi(f): 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
inaiduna:
ibhagbosoria - I did not kill another person's own
Elebesunnu - Did they know what happened?
Aimiugwina - You dont see death and fight it

These esan name are equivalent to parables and always "trip" me, and this esan name makes me laugh "Ikekhuamen"! just as Uhunnamure and Iyekekpolor Edo names also make me laugh too.

I rep Uromi! fully blooded Obhiaba!

I never knew what the name Aimiugwina meant until now, one of my aunts gave me that name due to the history of my birth . I never used the name anyway.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by inaiduna(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
Same here, due to the circumstances of my birth too, prefer the short form Aimiuwu.
Enahi:

I never knew what the name Aimiugwina meant until now, one of my aunts gave me that name due to the history of my birth . I never used the name anyway.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Enahi(f): 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
inaiduna:
Same here, due to the circumstances of my birth too, prefer the short form Aimiuwu.

The meaning of the name is scary.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by inaiduna(m): 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
So true...
Enahi:

The meaning of the name is scary.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Sanyem(f): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Can someone help with the meaning of Osalumese
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Ifiegboria(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sanyem:
Can someone help with the meaning of Osalumese
Osa means God
Lu means to do
Me means me
Ese means gift, favour,etc
Simply Put as God done me well, God has blessed me. God bless me with no strings attached-truely free. Its a nice and popular name in Esan

1 Like

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Sanyem(f): 3:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thanks and God bless
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Timmi: 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
Please keep this going for the sake of some of us that wants to learn both the Isan language and culture. Thanks
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by eghuan1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
Good afternoon guys. I was wondering through Nairaland and I stumbled on this fantastic thread.

I am from Ekpon in igueben LGA. Though some persons claim am.not Esan, my grandma was from Ewohimi and I learnt a lot from her God bless her soul.

I decided to comment on this thread because someone said Ishan and Esan can be used interchangeably. That I don't believe is true.

Ishan is a currupted pronunciation of the word Esan. Technically speaking there is nothing like Ishan. Just like Enugu is a currupted pronunciation of Enu Ugwu (which means people of the hill). Unfortunately the word Ishan has stuck and refused to leave and like a people who do not know their history, we have accepted the wrong pronunciation of Esan.

Also look into the Ibo and Igbo issues. We just accept these wrong pronunciations without trying to correct it. And after a while it sticks.

The Esan people are very industrious. They are everywhere. I believe they are the second most travelled people in Nigeria after the Ibos.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Dprincipaltin: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why? Edo esan esako afemai etc is one. Thank u
gbera va enare!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Olori Wuraola Reverts To Her Maiden Name After Confirming Marriage Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.