Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784637 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 12:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
stevecrun:
Happney65 wats up?which of your numbers dey go?text me your number via text message..am not on watsapp now.

Was sleeping when you called..Got your text..Would reply you soonest..Ciaoo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
bbdd:

I didn't get any info regarding shipping on their website and also, there was no US contact number to call.

They do..Go to their services page you will see it there..But you can call the Nigerian Numbers on there..They would explain better on how to go about it..Its so seamless and straightforward..Nothing to worry about..Or better still you can call Mr Kunjo on 08033010036..The number is there too..Lest i forget,Semms either imperioux or bigfrancis once used them for online payment service one time sef..i cant remember..They are very good and efficient..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lordoftherings: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
bbdd:
Slimmy05
I remember you guys discussing a way of sending packages to naija.
I have a watch I want to send but afraid of nipost and DHL is too expensive for a heavy package.
Pls help.

i used Midas shipping recently, although my package never reach naija, but they charge by LBS. contact this email yanira@midasshipping.com he will give you a run down. their office is in maryland i was just charged $10, right now they are closed for the yelitude season they will resume shipping items by January.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by femo86(m): 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Justwise please your attention is urgently needed in the German visa thread....

Cc Seun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sean622: 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello house, I urgently need to make Sevis payment...anyone with relevant information should respond back please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
sean622:
Hello house, I urgently need to make Sevis payment...anyone with relevant information should respond back please.
I would finish my exam tomorrow. I can assist you make the payment, but you would have to fill your coupon yourself.

Payment can also be made at Ecobank branch in Cotonou, Cc Walspring can give you details.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
@slimmy05 bro will I get your response tomorrow as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Truthbetold9: 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
busysammy07:
Hello, house. Visa was issued today at the lagos embassy; window 7(middle aged V.O with freckles). Transcript coming up soon. Special Shout out@Slimmy 05; thanks so much for your time. To those who were delayed, don't give up! Best of luck to those going in the next coming days.(us student visa hustle is real)

CONGRATS

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 4:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truthbetold9:

CONGRATS
Me tho sef tap from this testimony grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Truthbetold9: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
warriboy21:
congrats to d new americanas...and pls enjoy all d sunny heat in 9ja as much as u can....e don de red for ere o ..(-2degrees) embarassed

pls carry enuf cash at hand..nuting is free in ere o..wen dem de bigfrancis n imperoux de talk am dat time.i no blive o..but na e don clear for my eye grin..(d only tin dat is free ere is d air u breath undecided)

and for guz pls buy all d clothes u will need esp ur size of jeans trouser n pens(big big foolish shapeless trouser 9 full ere undecided)..n make sure u silifit to ur taste because no tailor de run am ere o n i sure say e go de expensive if at al e de sef.,

and 1 more tin..hmm u better carry garri n ogbono n dos 9ja food stuf wen u like o because if u tink say u go like american food en smiley ..hmm brethren..hmm dont be deceived...american food only look yummy n tasty on tv o. everythin 9 dem de put sugar..chicken sugar..beef sugar..rice sugar..everytin sugar..even sugar sef dem go put sugar undecided grin. ok na..oya.chop d sugar food sef na ..sugar sef na rubbish..no taste at all..nonsense ..cancerious food..everyfood r preserved with chemicals even up to fresh tomatoes n pepper.again .. wetin.. cry....if not for d food stuff i brought for 9ja wen de substain me..i nor kn wetin for do 4 dis lyfe o.. smiley

1 time wen 9ja food conji hold me en shocked ..i nearly dead o.. smiley d urge i had for 9ja food en hmm smiley ,im sure its dsame urge as a cocaine addict would have if ders no coke to sniff shocked shocked shocked
nigerians ere no de use eye c 9ja food o shocked shocked..d few party wen i don go..omo c fight for food.. shocked(dis na some big bros n sist dem wen get levels ere o o shocked)..well i folo dem rock d food sha..carry many food come house wen last me like 4days grin(we no de carry last)

last tin is dat u will learn to appreciate 9ja food wen u com over ere.. smiley smiley..safe journey ya all..n fly emirates wink

Food for thought....I like

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Truthbetold9: 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Thanks to the guys here and the gurus. you guys are amazing. I got my F1 visa approved recently and i would be traveling to Murray State University (MSU) towards end of December for spring semester. Please, I would like to know if there is any Nigeria guy currently in MSU, on this thread. @least a Nigeria guy that can give me the scope of that place and how to settle down easily as a student. Please anybody interested to offer me dis once in a life time vital info should pls DM me. I would also fancy the idea of getting someone willing to share an apartment with...Thanks and God bless..Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by busysammy07(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truthbetold9:
Thanks to the guys here and the gurus. you guys are amazing. I got my F1 visa approved recently and i would be traveling to Murray State University (MSU) towards end of December for spring semester. Please, I would like to know if there is any Nigeria guy currently in MSU, on this thread. @least a Nigeria guy that can give me the scope of that place and how to settle down easily as a student. Please anybody interested to offer me dis once in a life time vital info should pls DM me. I would also fancy the idea of getting someone willing to share an apartment with...Thanks and God bless..Cheers!

Hi, I'd be heading to "MSU" as well but it'd most likely be in early january. Gonna DM you right away.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Will be too once my visa is Approved grin
busysammy07:

Hi, I'd be heading to "MSU" as well but it'd most likely be in early january. Gonna DM you right away.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
DeeTus:
Brother, your chances is as bright as ever now. You want to transfer, right? You don't need to return home. Apply for your visa there.

Send me an e-mail. I shall tell you more what to do with regard to home ties which is crucial for issuance of your visa.

Yes bro....I am transfering to the same school,Also the thing is they dont have an American Embassy in Saint Lucia,they only have in Barbados but when my school called them to ask if we can come there for our visa i was told we need to go back to our home country to apply thats the reason why i am planning to go back to nigeria....Also i dont know how to send an email here,i really dont know how to use Nairaland .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Anyone here at Cal. State, Long Beach? I'm on campus and would like to meet with NL'ers here if any. Maybe we can do lunch or something. Please let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello Guys, I had my interview today at window 5 around 11:55am at Lagos Consulate. The VO lady looks like an half cast but unfortunately I was denied based on strong ties. Here is how the interview went
VO: What are you going to do in US
Me: I am going for my masters degree
VO: what course is that
Me: Project Management
VO:How many schools did you apply to
Me: 3 schools and I named them all. Northeastern university, Illinois state university and Morgan state university. And gave a reason why I chose Morgan state
VO: What course will you take
Me: I mentioned the courses as it is on my university's website
VO: How are you funding your education
Me: Personal savings and I have a sponsor to support me
VO: How is your sponsor to you and what does your sponsor do
Me: Told her he is uncle and he is a senior manager at ..... Mentioned the company
VO: have you travelled before
VO: No I haven't
Then she told me to do biometrics and told me unfortunately my visa won't be approved but i can check the reason on the sheet. Which I saw it was based on strong ties to my home country
So my question now is, how will I be screen for home ties when at first she didn't even ask me what do I intend to do after my program and related questions that had to do with me not returning.
Despite I have an official letter from my HR to the consulate about granting me study leave to complete my study and return back to duty which I plan presenting if its been asked but to my greatest surprise it wasn't asked at all. Plus she never asked about bank statements despite I told her I have a sponsor and am also sponsoring myself as well which its all indicated on my i 20.
Please guys kindly help look into this situation and advice what I did wrong or what I could have done in reverse and suggestions on when I can reapply for a new appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
jah101:

Yes bro....I am transfering to the same school,Also the thing is they dont have an American Embassy in Saint Lucia,they only have in Barbados but when my school called them to ask if we can come there for our visa i was told we need to go back to our home country to apply thats the reason why i am planning to go back to nigeria....Also i dont know how to send an email here,i really dont know how to use Nairaland .
I see. Ok, just check out my profile, you'll see an e-mail there and write me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dhejy:
Hello Guys, I had my interview today at window 5 around 11:55am at Lagos Consulate. The VO lady looks like an half cast but unfortunately I was denied based on strong ties. Here is how the interview went
Me: 3 schools and I named them all. Northeastern university, Illinois state university and Morgan state university. And gave a reason why I chose Morgan state
Me: Told her he is uncle and he is a senior manager at ..... Mentioned the company
Then she told me to do biometrics and told me unfortunately my visa won't be approved but i can check the reason on the sheet. Which I saw it was based on strong ties to my home country
So my question now is, how will I be screen for home ties when at first she didn't even ask me what do I intend to do after my program and related questions that had to do with me not returning.
Despite I have an official letter from my HR to the consulate about granting me study leave to complete my study and return back to duty which I plan presenting if its been asked but to my greatest surprise it wasn't asked at all. Plus she never asked about bank statements despite I told her I have a sponsor and am also sponsoring myself as well which its all indicated on my i 20.
Please guys kindly help look into this situation and advice what I did wrong or what I could have done in reverse and suggestions on when I can reapply for a new appointment.

Reason for chosen your school! you told her.
Why can't you be explicit so that gurus we look
Into the reasons you gave. You are hiding many things you said in your interview here. How do you expect gurus to contribute in order for you to re-package yourself for the next one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dhejy:
Sorry man but honestly you didn't give full detail on your interview, so it's hard to pinpoint where your problem lies.

Please give more info.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
DeeTus:
I see. Ok, just check out my profile, you'll see an e-mail there and write me.

I got it,i just emailed you kindly check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ctemi(f): 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hi, pls I need information on how to get Waec result evaluated, will I have to go to Waec office and request thy send d result to d evaluating body? How much and how many month does it take to evaluate Waec result?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Me too going to murray state uni once is approved.
Daniel3366:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Me too going to murray state uni once visa is approved by God's grace.
Daniel3366:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
Is Longbeach & LA campus close or far from eachother?
OjaP:
Anyone here at Cal. State, Long Beach? I'm on campus and would like to meet with NL'ers here if any. Maybe we can do lunch or something. Please let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
amanze15:
Anyone ever used USPS/FEDEX to send hard copied documents outside the US?

FedEx/DHL/UPS are the best if you want to send it to Nigeria 3 to 5 working days but it cost over $100 if I am not wrong while USPS is also good 5 to 7 or 7 to 10 working days and you can see $45 or $65 or $75

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ctemi:
Hi, pls I need information on how to get Waec result evaluated, will I have to go to Waec office and request thy send d result to d evaluating body? How much and how many month does it take to evaluate Waec result?

If it's WES, You go to waec office in yaba and they send it to WES but it will cost 20k or more if I am not wrong while you also pay WES as well and you check that on their website for their cost
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by whizfem(m): 12:06am On Dec 08, 2015
slimmy05:
I would finish my exam tomorrow. I can assist you make the payment, but you would have to fill your coupon yourself.
Payment can also be made at Ecobank branch in Cotonou, Cc Walspring can give you details.

Slimmy I have an admission letter of a college in Tennessee, I await I-20 please I need help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 2:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Walspring:

FedEx/DHL/UPS are the best if you want to send it to Nigeria 3 to 5 working days but it cost over $100 if I am not wrong while USPS is also good 5 to 7 or 7 to 10 working days and you can see $45 or $65 or $75
wow, cheesy cheesy it was cheaper than i expected, used USPS today, 26.5 bucks for an 11. oz package thats undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ctemi(f): 3:59am On Dec 08, 2015
Ctemi:
thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:04am On Dec 08, 2015
jah101:

I got it,i just emailed you kindly check
Checked but not yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sean622: 7:10am On Dec 08, 2015
slimmy05:

Thanks boss, can I continue with the online application and book my interview appointment while I pay the sevis fee after?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.