Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,448 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (790744 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Fernandowski(m): 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
justwise:
USA student visa thread part 8 is here as we have come to the end of part 7.

Part 7 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/2310954/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

A big thank you to all the contributors, really appreciate your contributions especially the veterans they have been here for years helping others.

Thank you.
pls am a basketball player from nigeria looking for i20 from an american school

How do I go wt that??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by justwise(m): 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Fernandowski:

How do I go wt that??

You need find a school and apply for admission first
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phalanah(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good evening. Hw ar you all? Pls I want to ask that, has anyone go to embassy last month or this month?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
@phalanah I was dere on monday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phalanah(m): 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
For Fall admission or spring admission? Hw far, is ur visa approved?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Fernandowski(m): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
justwise:

You need find a school and apply for admission first
how do I do so sir??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rinw: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hello house....ve read alot of pages on this thread and ve done some personal research too....Please I need honest answer from experience hand. I intend to apply for MSC program in US. Already preparing for GRE, I hope to get a good score and some tuition waiver. I dnt ve sponsor but I have 2M+ as my personal savings which I intend to use for tuition for start and hustle for subsequent payment over there. I can get a sponsor account from relative but not my surname. What re my chances especially during visa application. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
@phalanah for spring admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
Fernandowski:
how do I do so sir??
haha...pm justwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
@phalana it was approved for spring 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
Fernandowski:
how do I do so sir??

I'm writing a book on that when it's published I will inform you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
justwise:

hahaha..badt guy. I hope it comes in soon..haha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
US education is quite pricey. Your 2 million would be good only if you get a good amount of funding from any of the schools you apply to. If you have a GPA of 3.5/4 and GRE of 320+, funding chances are high if you apply to schools that have a lot of them.
If you want to use 2 million naira which is not up to 10000 dollars to fund a Masters program in US without any funding, you might want to have a rethink.
Just find as many schools as possible, contact the graduate coordinators of all the programs you are interested in about funding, prepare hard for the GRE and be hopeful. Wish you luck.

By the way, you should start preparing for the GRE right away if you want to get good schools for Fall 2016.
rinw:
Hello house....ve read alot of pages on this thread and ve done some personal research too....Please I need honest answer from experience hand. I intend to apply for MSC program in US. Already preparing for GRE, I hope to get a good score and some tuition waiver. I dnt ve sponsor but I have 2M+ as my personal savings which I intend to use for tuition for start and hustle for subsequent payment over there. I can get a sponsor account from relative but not my surname. What re my chances especially during visa application. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Google... Type the course you are interested in on Google search engine.
For instance, you can input the query 'MS Public Finance in the US'.
Also use sites like us news, gradcafe, and Princeton Review. Nobody will spoon feed you here. Good luck
Fernandowski:
how do I do so sir??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rinw: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
sirRiddy:
US education is quite pricey. Your 2 million would be good only if you get a good amount of funding from any of the schools you apply to. If you have a GPA of 3.5/4 and GRE of 320+, funding chances are high if you apply to schools that have a lot of them.
If you want to use 2 million naira which is not up to 10000 dollars to fund a Masters program in US without any funding, you might want to have a rethink.
Just find as many schools as possible, contact the graduate coordinators of all the programs you are interested in about funding, prepare hard for the GRE and be hopeful. Wish you luck.

By the way, you should start preparing for the GRE right away if you want to get good schools for Fall 2016.

Thanks for your response @SirRiddy... Am writing GRE soonest, I had 4.12/5.00 CGPA. What do u think about using my maternal uncle's acct nt same surname ofcourse.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
rinw
A lot of people have got their visas using statement of accounts bearing names different from their surnames. Getting visa is not the ultimate, it is important that you have a good plan to fund your education so you do not fall out of status. You have a good GPA. With a good GRE result and good letters of recommendation , you can leverage for funding if you apply to the right schools. You can use the thread for your GRE prep https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
rinw:

Thanks for your response @SirRiddy... Am writing GRE soonest, I had 4.12/5.00 CGPA. What do u think about using my maternal uncle's acct nt same surname ofcourse.
Make sure you access some test banks to gauge yourself. Have you searched for schools? Whats your undergraduate major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rinw: 12:13am On Sep 07, 2015
slimmy05:
Make sure you access some test banks to gauge yourself. Have you searched for schools? Whats your undergraduate major?

I studied Computer Science but would like to do Msc in Electrical and Computer Engineering ...currently working with a telecom vendor.... Am looking at university of Houston, Mississippi State University & Stony Brook University(nt sure I want to go to new York tho). Still need to be guided on d choice of school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rinw: 12:15am On Sep 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
rinw
A lot of people have got their visas using statement of accounts bearing names different from their surnames. Getting visa is not the ultimate, it is important that you have a good plan to fund your education so you do not fall out of status. You have a good GPA. With a good GRE result and good letters of recommendation , you can leverage for funding if you apply to the right schools. You can use the thread for your GRE prep https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre
Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 07, 2015
rinw:

I studied Computer Science but would like to do Msc in Electrical and Computer Engineering ...currently working with a telecom vendor.... Am looking at university of Houston, Mississippi State University & Stony Brook University(nt sure I want to go to new York tho). Still need to be guided on d choice of school
I wouldn't advice you to go to New York either. Your best bet is to look for less competitive schools where you can get funding. Try to apply to atleast 4 schools, invest a little cash in your application and target fall, 2016.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:59am On Sep 07, 2015
rinw:

Give a more detailed profile in terms of your intending course of study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:09am On Sep 07, 2015
Fernandowski:

How do I go wt that??

go to d sch website n click on i20...der u have it smiley

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:20am On Sep 07, 2015
warriboy21:

go to d sch website n click on i20...der u have it smiley

You don join the band abi?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 6:41am On Sep 07, 2015
justwise:

grin grin grin Oga justtie,u wan kill person for here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Stewee(m): 6:50am On Sep 07, 2015
Walspring:

You should have converted it to international driver license so that it will be easy for you to get the state driver license you want

Not necessarily... He's still good wth the original Nig license.
In fact when I applied for my license, I was made to sit through a 4 hour fresher course that I paid $40 because I didn't have the original license ...I travelled with my international license.

He can still drive with the Nigeria license for a bit... But he has to apply for a state license ASAP.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Stewee(m): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2015
belloluddy:
Pls I want to ask. If I want to buy a plane ticket for my family to New York, will my kids, ages 3 and 7 , pay the same fare with me and their dad ? Is there something like the minors paying lesser flight ticket fees ?
Thanks as usual

Absolutely they'll pay the same amount.
Except there's an on going promotion that says otherwise or you have Qmiles you can convert as rebates(Frequent (International) flyers usually build up Qmiles(points)

You are required to pay for a seat for a child that is 2 years and above.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2015
Stewee:

Not necessarily... He's still good wth the original Nig license.
In fact when I applied for my license, I was made to sit through a 4 hour fresher course that I paid $40 because I didn't have the original license ...I travelled with my international license.

He can still drive with the Nigeria license for a bit... But he has to apply for a state license ASAP.

Okay boss and thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Fernandowski(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2015
justwise:

pls where can I get any american council where I can get a 'YES' permit here in nigeria??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2015
kosplateau:

old boy...na u go solve am oh. Shey u get a landlord there and rent is free...abeg wire am 10,000USD as usual... grin shocked
Hahahahahahaha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.