Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,401 members, 7,836,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787102 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2015
imperiouxx:

School zones are equipped with cameras here. Your speed readings at the time, plate and car photos, a short video clip along with your ticket will be sent to you in an envelop few days after been caught speeding.

Now that's a system that works perfectly!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
imperiouxx:

School zones are equipped with cameras here. Your speed readings at the time, plate and car photos, a short video clip along with your ticket will be sent to you in an envelop few days after been caught speeding.
New York obviously depends on all this ticket money to survive. Who got such time in texas lol. The road is so wide and they even stopped the camera from working. Only a police can pull you over and they seem to be lenient. Texas live on oil and gas and don't depends on people's money. No state tax sef.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
zeezahbee:
New York obviously depends on all this ticket money to survive. Who got such time in texas lol. The road is so wide and they even stopped the camera from working. Only a police can pull you over and they seem to be lenient. Texas live on oil and gas and don't depends on people's money. No state tax sef.

Yes,That is it,The Lone star state..Not yeye states like Arizona and co.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
warriboy21:

lol make dem come...we go run am here..i need more nigerians ere..slimmy cant just be winning dem over to dat stupid tenis sea school tongue
You're funny indeed. Look at how you wrote the name of the school as if it's kindergarten.

Seems like you want to colonize in-coming students. Good for you anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ttmacoy: 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
The wide roads are nice smiley

I think NY is more because of the congestion and population relative to the land size. Most cities in Texas are huge with smaller populations so being strict with the tickets and rules is required to make things work in a place like NYC.

Not that it decreases the craziness lol

zeezahbee:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
DeeTus:
You're funny indeed. Look at how you wrote the name of the school as if it's kindergarten.

Seems like you want to colonize in-coming students. Good for you anyway.

boss if not for 1 nigerian wen i get as roomate, i nor 4 kn hw i for do...d boredom ennn sad
but as d guy show..we jus de yan naija,,and it made me feel at home and i wasnt home sick again

wen i first came..i was so confused..some evil tots came to my mind like; y dont i just go back to nigeria n work insted of coming ere...d environment was so new n helples..
but later i started to like it. i met some nigerians n made some iraqi friends bla bla

u c d indian n chinese, de r never home sick because de always have multitudes in everysch ere smiley
oh hw i wish naija cud b jus desame embarassed

inshut make all of una pack come my school jare...america is big enuf for everybdy angry angry angry emm hold ur money sha o smiley

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pennstate(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
warriboy21:

boss if not for 1 nigerian wen i get as roomate, i nor 4 kn hw i for do...d boredom ennn sad
but as d guy show..we jus de yan naija,,and it made me feel at home and i wasnt home sick again

wen i first came..i was so confused..some evil tots came to my mind like; y dont i just go back to nigeria n work insted of coming ere...d environment was so new n helples..
but later i started to like it. i met some nigerians n made some iraqi friends bla bla

u c d indian n chinese, de r never home sick because de always have multitudes in everysch ere smiley
oh hw i wish naija cud b jus desame embarassed

inshut make all of una pack come my school jare...america is big enuf for everybdy angry angry angry emm hold ur money sha o smiley

I like the way you dey yarn the matter , he make sense, You now confirm waffy guy. I hail.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
paulbets:

Boss am filling a graduate application. And it's mandatory I put an Ohio address

Are you not filling it as an international student ? If yes there should be an option for you not to fill or put Ohio address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
zeezahbee:
Real talk..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by holalekan: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
This is just a quick note to appreciate everyone who's taken their time to share their experiences during their visa application(whether the outcome was good or bad). I learnt so much from this forum on the several occasions that I've had to apply for either the UK or US Visa.I'm here to pour back into the wells of knowledge i drew from before my applications were submitted.
I think If I'd visited this forum before I applied for my first UK Visa which was refused,I'd have saved myself a lot of troubles from just a very flimsy error that could have been avoided.I'd just go straight to the point and share my most recent application for a U.S visa for which I attended an interview today and I'm expected to pick up my approved Visa next week.
I was selected for a prestigious training by a project founded by a former U.S vice president.The invitation letter came through almost three months ago.I made an application on the 23rd of Aug and on paying for the visa and checking the earliest interview date,I realized the closest date I'd get would be Nov 9th 2015, a date by which the training would have been completed(training is to hold between 28-30th Sept). I was quite worried but I put myself together and carefully drafted a letter requesting for an expedited interview explaining that the information I got form the department of state website,was what I relied on and allowed a month to apply for my visa.Luckily and through God's favor,the request was granted within 24hours.I got an interview date for the 9th Sept.
Now to the burden of proof for the supporting documents,I was worried I may likely not be granted but I maintained a high level of confidence and clarity.
On the morning of the interview,I got there(ABUJA US Embassy) as early as possible,got in the queue and carefully and prayerfully moved along till I could sit and hear the conversations from the other applicants ahead.I noticed a particular VO who wasn't really smiling and has rejected couple of folks,I made up my mind not to go to his counter once they call for next applicant,other ladies after him,I assumed will be friendly and may likely not give me a tough time,having granted some people their visas.
As God would have it the same VO that I dreaded and was trying to avoid was the one who called for the next applicant and I found myself right in front of him.
I remembered all I've read and all I've heard and other stuffs I've been told so I charged up my confidence and became really bold and here goes the conversation
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Can you pass your passport
Me:Sure,would you like to see this(confirmation page that bears the marker pen) too
VO:Yes please
Me:Passed both passport and the confirmation page(with my folder containing all my supporting docs still closed)
VO:So why are you going to the US
Me:To attend xyz conference(direct and brief answer)
VO:Looks through the pages of my passport(sees my UK visa probably types on his computer for some seconds and asks),how many times have you visited the UK
Me: answered him looking straight into his eyes
VO:Types into his computer again,how much do you earn a month
Me: 250K I said
VO:How long will you be staying in the U.S
Me:Just 3 days I told him
V.O: Types for a while and asked,are you married?
Me:No but in a relationship
VO: Passed me a white paper and mumbled some words and retained my passport,he didn't ask for any single doc despite all the docs that were in my folder.
I didn't know what those words were,didn't even understand the white paper but I understood from common sense that once your passport is retained your visa will likely be issued.
Now to God be the glory because I'm not sure I deserve it but yet he favored me.
One thing to note is whatever you claim to be or you are going to do in your application should be what you know in and out,don't claim to be what you can't defend.
This is because a number of people that were rejected that I was able to hear their conversations,I heard and saw how some were stammering or not able to explain what they've stated in their applications.So If you claim to be a Data analyst in a certain organization,be sure you know what your daily duties as a data analyst should be,don't get their and mumble words.If you claim you've been to Belgium or Spain in the past make sure you know the cities you visited in those countries and be ready to explain what you visited those countries for.
Goodluck to everyone else looking to apply soon and should you need any explanation or guidance on completing or drafting letters,don't hesitate to contact N0:0 kobo

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MOFERANJESUGAN: 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
People of God.....how much does sevis fee cost now....i knw it used to be around 54k in naira and plz how can i get to seme boarder frm osogbo/ibadan...those dat understnd the route shd kindly help. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
U better beg someone here to help you.. Going to seme from Oshogbo isnt advisable..o ya start begging the hommies here..
MOFERANJESUGAN:
People of God.....how much does sevis fee cost now....i knw it used to be around 54k in naira and plz how can i get to seme boarder frm osogbo/ibadan...those dat understnd the route shd kindly help. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Holalekan, congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:20am On Sep 10, 2015
MOFERANJESUGAN:

From your location to seme border no be small thing because you will get back to your location the following day.. I suggest you look for someone to help you make the payment..

Take bus from your location to Lagos and drop at oshodi, from oshodi take mile 2 bus and drop at mile 2 and walk down to the bring and take seme border bus and drop at the last bus stop in seme.

You take bike from the seme border last bus stop to Ecobank inside seme and make you payment..

I hope this help and if not send me a PM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 10, 2015
Any nairaland resumed any school in Houston, Texas this Fall semester?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 10, 2015
Walspring:

From your location to seme border no be small thing because you will get back to your location the following day.. I suggest you look for someone to help you make the payment..

Take bus from your location to Lagos and drop at oshodi, from oshodi take mile 2 bus and drop at mile 2 and walk down to the bring and take seme border bus and drop at the last bus stop in seme.

You take bike from the seme border last bus stop to Ecobank inside seme and make you payment..

You know any nairaland who resumed studies for Fall in Houston, Texas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 5:57am On Sep 10, 2015
Tosinng in Kingsville..anything bro?
slimmy05:
You know any nairaland who resumed studies for Fall in Houston, Texas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by penroll55(m): 7:24am On Sep 10, 2015
A website to buy car in usa was posted some time back,I can't find the exact page,please can someone that knows it help me with the website?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MOFERANJESUGAN: 7:42am On Sep 10, 2015
Walspring:

thanks bro....very helpful. God bless u.
Do u hav d idea of the cost in naira presently?

Thankyou.......sent a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 10, 2015
akin3102:
Tosinng in Kingsville..anything bro?
do you have his contact?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2015
penroll55:
A website to buy car in usa was posted some time back,I can't find the exact page,please can someone that knows it help me with the website?
Craigslist is still working. If you're in A very good city, try offerup.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tosynbolade(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2015
slimmy05:

I have a friend in Texas A&M kingsville
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2015
slimmy05:

Slimmy has been editing post since 850AD grin. May God forgive you bro grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:46am On Sep 10, 2015
slimmy05:

yes but he doesn't come to thread again..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2015
I have his bbm and watsapp..whc one do u prefer
slimmy05:
do you have his contact?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by yinkaorry(f): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
hi guys. i will like to apply with my hubby through student visa. he will be going with me on a visit and will return back after 2 weeks,any chances we will both be granted visa.await you response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
yinkaorry:
hi guys. i will like to apply with my hubby through student visa. he will be going with me on a visit and will return back after 2 weeks,any chances we will both be granted visa.await you response

If I am not wrong, Visiting won't be good, F2 will be better since you are going for F1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kobe79: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
profojah this thread dey crawl oya come make we increase am by 3-4pages grin

how skelewu?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
kobe79:
profojah this thread dey crawl oya come make we increase am by 3-4pages grin

how skelewu?
Hahaha. You never tell me the school u dey make I apply.. Skelewu dey kampe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kobe79: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
profojah:

Hahaha. You never tell me the school u dey make I apply.. Skelewu dey kampe

na every school whey dey usa u dey apply to ni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
kobe79:

na every school whey dey usa u dey apply to ni?
Lol.. I never apply to any school .. I just wan come your school and mingle with you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kobe79: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
profojah:

Lol.. I never apply to any school .. I just wan come your school and mingle with you..

go to mingle2

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.