Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785001 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
nedum360:
Hello everyone.
I was denied F1 visa for a masters in public health November 2014. After that I've been practicing in one of the gulf countries for about 1 year. I'm planning on applying to Kaplan medical for a 3 month usmle course.
Dunno if it's advisable applying F1 visa from a foreign country (I've a valid residency permit) or is it better coming back to 9ja?
What are my chances given the previous denial? Who knows how reputable Kaplan is in terms of F1 visa?
Gurus in the house (Big Francis, Walspring, Zeezah, Impreioux, Slimmy, Just wise, warri boy, etc) your input would be highly appreciated. Thanks. cool
Your success this time depends on your previous denial. VO always drops a comment on visa approval or denial to be viewed by next VO when you come for a visa.

You've got a very good chance now, so go for broke.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Has anyone withdrawn money with their Naira ATM cards in the US of recent, especially GTB?

First Bank already stopped ATM withdraw overseas but allowing POS and online transactions because i got an email concerning the African countries today, I believe other banks will start soon since its directive from CBN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
zeezahbee:
if you can prove residency and strong ties in the foreign country you are based currently then you can apply for F1. I know 2 people who came to the usa with Kaplan usmle. I couldn't ave believed if I haven't meet them. They ended up dropping out of Kaplan because of the fee and prolly they can read and pass it without tutorial. Kaplan is just like a tutorial or lesson. this peeps are now in a community college just to buy enough time to get a slot. it is quite easy to get visa with Kaplan usmle than applying for masters. so you can give Kaplan a try.

Thanks. I've heard of people applying for F1 from a foreign country being told to go apply from their country of origin. You mean having a foreign residency permit removes this need?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by armo: 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
Alhamdulilah.. visa approved at lagos consulate.. here is my transcript

vo: goodmorning
me: Good morning

vo: why do you want to study environmental science?
me: The choice was influenced by my experience in nosdra where i worked on remediation projects of oil contaminated areas, i noticed there's plenty of opportunity for remediation experts in the oil and gas industry and i intend to key into these opps.

vo: where are your parents?
me: in Nigeria

vo: but u have an immigrant petition?
me: yes filed by my mom but she doesnt stay der , she only goes for vacation.

vo: ok, tell me about your research interest
me: its basically on remediation and hazardous waste minimization and management, the development of carbon nanotubes in oil spill mgt and water resources purification and treatment.

vo: when did you graduate and what have u been doin
me: i graduated in 2012 from the university of ilorin, did my nysc in 2013, did a one year language course and i have been teaching biology ever since.

vo: where will you be staying
me: I will be staying on campus

vo: who will be paying for this..
me: my father will be paying.

vo: your visa has been approved , pick it up at d circled location, here's ur i20, ull be needing it at poe.........

**every other thing i heard was just sound to me,..lol
**No document was asked for, not gre, tofl, bank statement etc..
** Know about your course and university, answers dont need to be excessively long, convey your points in a few sentences , and be concise; dont be too general in your response, and most importantly, dont just fill your ds160 like a sim registration form , fill it well and half of your problem is solved.
all the best to others going to the embassy.

please what should we be expecting at poe

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
As much as I believe Donald Trump can say this, it would be better you put a genuine link to the source where one can read it. The hard truth though.

pennstate:

Read this stuff, I dont know where he specifically mention Nigeria (Not my concern though). Below is what actually said.
Trump spoke bitterly as he said: “African Americans are very lazy.The best they can do is gallivanting around ghettoes, lamenting how they are discriminated. These are the people America doesn’t need. They are the enemies of progress. Look at African countries like Kenya for instance, those people are stealing from their own government and go to invest the money in foreign countries. From the government to opposition, they only qualify to be used as a case study whenever bad examples are required. How do you trust even those who have ran away to hide here at the United States hiding behind education? I hear they abuse me in their blogs but I don’t care becauseeven the internet they are using is ours and wecan decide to switch it off from this side. These are people who import everything including matchsticks. In my opinion, most of these African countries ought to be recolonizedagain for another 100 years because they know nothing about leadership and self governance.”“I promise to make America great again by restoring our dignity that we have since lost through Obama. The more reason why I still believe that he, and his Kenyan brothers and sisters should be deported back to Kenya to make America safe.”

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
armo:

me: The choice was influenced by my experience in nosdra where i worked on remediation projects of oil contaminated areas, i noticed there's plenty of opportunity for remediation experts in the oil and gas industry and i intend to key into these opps.

me: its basically on remediation and hazardous waste minimization and management, the development of carbon nanotubes in oil spill mgt and water resources purification and treatment.

me: i graduated in 2012 from the university of ilorin, did my nysc in 2013, did a one year language course and i have been teaching biology ever since.

vo: your visa has been approved , pick it up at d circled location, here's ur i20, ull be needing it at poe.........

** Know about your course and university, answers dont need to be excessively long, convey your points in a few sentences , and be concise; dont be too general in your response, and most importantly, dont just fill your ds160 like a sim registration form , fill it well and half of your problem is solved.

Congrats bro,please what school is that? Am going in for same course. Am about applying into Minnesota state univ,Cleveland State Univ. Which is yours? I guess it will be helpful to me and what's the funding like?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by armo: 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
fizzile:
Congrats bro,please what school is that? Am going in for same course. Am about applying into Minnesota state univ,Cleveland State Univ. Which is yours? I guess it will be helpful to me and what's the funding like?
Thanks bro..its newjersy institute of technology, they dont provide funding fr the first semester tho, perhaps from 2nd hopefully, we'll gt assistantships..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 1:48am On Jan 09, 2016
meritdee:
So I saw this somewhere online but I don't know how true the quote is. Sadly, the content is true and it doesn't speak well about my beloved country. cry cry
I feel ashamed tbh

Agreed, this guy is a psycho. But we cannot neglect the truth that comes from his mouth. That's why his popularity is growing by the day. But is it mere coincidence that Africa's failure of leadership is reflected in the current US leadership? Cos it's now on record that the most incompetent and unstatesmanly US president is from the dark continent. #foodforthought
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 3:26am On Jan 09, 2016
armo:

awon afonja i see you, greatest unilorites i graduated 2013 congrats bro!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Denvan: 3:59am On Jan 09, 2016
armo:

Thanks bro..its newjersy institute of technology, they dont provide funding fr the first semester tho, perhaps from 2nd hopefully, we'll gt assistantships..
Congratulations and welcome to New Jersey(The Garden City).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 4:25am On Jan 09, 2016
Abeg...I take God beg all of una. How can one pay his fees from US with his Nigerian account? I am so frustrated here ooo... My school resumes on monday o! cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 6:31am On Jan 09, 2016
Congrats bro
armo:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 6:32am On Jan 09, 2016
awe2015:
Abeg...I take God beg all of una. How can one pay his fees from US with his Nigerian account? I am so frustrated here ooo... My school resumes on monday o! cry cry cry cry
Use form A to make ur payment, it gives you 197 for a dollar
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by justwise(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2016
nedum360:

Agreed, this guy is a psycho. But we cannot neglect the truth that comes from his mouth. That's why his popularity is growing by the day. But is it mere coincidence that Africa's failure of leadership is reflected in the current US leadership? Cos it's now on record that the most incompetent and unstatesmanly US president is from the dark continent. #foodforthought

You are as bad as Trump for saying that section in bold.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by essayHelp(m): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2016
nedum360:

What type of assertion is this? What record are you referring to? Obama is not incompetent by whatever yardstick is used to judge a president's performance.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/us/politics/avoiding-the-dreaded-second-term-curse.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2016
Hey gurus in the house,please I have a question. I registered for GRE and also filled four(4) schools that I will love my GRE scores to be sent to. Please is there any how I can replace one of the schools before the exam? The exam is Feb 6th. Will appreciate your responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lullu: 10:10am On Jan 09, 2016
Am so excited to be smiley here. I hope I get the best answers and info about travelling here.I have once be duped by a friend claiming to help me to Canada to study Nursing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by armo: 10:43am On Jan 09, 2016
fregkay:
Congrats bro
thank you baba
Denvan:

Congratulations and welcome to New Jersey(The Garden City).
thank you... I see u belong.!
amanze15:
awon afonja i see you, greatest unilorites i graduated 2013 congrats bro!!!
awa niyen o..probitas doctrina!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2016
fizzile:
Hey gurus in the house,please I have a question. I registered for GRE and also filled four(4) schools that I will love my GRE scores to be sent to. Please is there any how I can replace one of the schools before the exam? The exam is Feb 6th. Will appreciate your responses.
When I registered for toefl online, I was able to change, add or remove the schools that would receive my result - free of charge. But after the exam however, you get to pay a token to have your result sent to another school.

I guess you didn't register online but you could log on to the ets website to check if you can do that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
dannybrown19:

Use form A to make ur payment, it gives you 197 for a dollar

how do I get the Form A payment option?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
purplesummer:

When I registered for toefl online, I was able to change, add or remove the schools that would receive my result - free of charge. But after the exam however, you get to pay a token to have your result sent to another school.

I guess you didn't register online but you could log on to the ets website to check if you can do that.
Am talking of GRE not TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by SlimVicktor: 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
[quote author=coobboy post=37405960]
Loool, fastest thread on nairaland gan sef.....
Lol i for say how u get the statistics straight oh. Drama people full this thread.
how do I post without using d "quote"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
adesanmiprince:
Great people, I hail u guys for everything on this forum.I need your advice and I will be very straight with u guys.I am a guy of 36 years, HND holder and single. I'm tired of this Naija and it has always been my plan to be a US citizen or GC holder and I want to be resident in USA.I was marries before but I'm now single because the person claimed to me my wife is unserious with me
I wish to be a greencard holder, and I don't know if its best I go through a school/masters programme or I marry a US citizen. All I care is to have a GC but I don't know if I can use Masters/school route or marry a US citizen to get into this system. I believe when I get to USA I should be able to see an american babe I can marry to get my papers. Pls advice me. I don't want to slump and make a mistake

Can you imagine this? We talk about studying here. When you're in US, you can ask this question on another thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
godG:

Poor me! sad I don forget say baba imperiouxx dey NY! I was in NY for some days. Just got back to Madison today. sad

Hey godG, actually I was in Nigeria during the xmas week. We would have missed even if you didn't forget. Anyways, when next you're in NY, I'm in Bay Terrace, Staten Island.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
fizzile:
Am talking of GRE not TOEFL
ETS is in charge of both.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
olawoleolayinka:
Happy new year to you all
The school I'm applying for my masters in public health does not required GRE. Do I still need to write it ?
I have a valid US visiting visa and used it to travel twice already, each visit i spent just 7 days.
Now, do I have a chance to get an F1 visa approved ?
Secondly, if I am not approved of F1 visa, what happens to my B1B2 visa ? Will it be cancelled ?
Thirdly, must I get admission from 3 or 4 schools ? I'm actually planning to secure an admission from one school.
Thanks

Your chance is bright. Try add 1 or 2 schools, even if they refused you the admission, you should be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
@ MrMann1 and armo,

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
nedum360:

Agreed, this guy is a psycho. But we cannot neglect the truth that comes from his mouth. [s]That's why his popularity is growing by the day. But is it mere coincidence that Africa's failure of leadership is reflected in the current US leadership? Cos it's now on record that the most incompetent and unstatesmanly US president is from the dark continent.[/s] #foodforthought

Are you high on something? undecided

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
lullu:
Am so excited to be smiley here. I hope I get the best answers and info about travelling here.I have once be duped by a friend claiming to help me to Canada to study Nursing.
Oh sorry. You'll learn a lot here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olawoleolayinka: 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
imperiouxx:

Your chance is bright. Try add 1 or 2 schools, even if they refused you the admission, you should be fine.
What if my F1 visa is not approved, maybe due to the VO's mood or something, what happens to my B1B2 ? I don't intend going to the US to try and adjust status. I prefer I apply here for it here.
Secondly, can my wife apply for F2 together with me ? Or can she be visiting me using her B1B2 visa ? Which of these is more better ?
Thanks the great one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Please someone should help me out, what is Form A and how do I use it to transfer my tuition
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by coobboy(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
SlimVicktor:

At the end of the page, there is a a reply button you can click on, that would enable you write your own post without quoting

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.