Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785942 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ALT2(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
stolid:

All you'll be needing is a Graduate Assistantship that waives your tuition & provides you with stipends that could suffice for your living expenses. Your 600k should do for flight and perhaps settling in. However, you'll need to ace your standardized tests and apply to the RIGHT schools. That is, schools in which you stand a chance of being funded given your academic profile.
Thank you, really appreciate your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olawoleolayinka: 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
I want to ask this question.
I will be having a short break of 2 weeks from my work very soon and intend to spend like 10 days from it in the US, and that will be in February. However, I will be having another full one month annual leave in April which I will like to spend in the US
My question is this : if I travel in February to the US and later travel again in April, won't I be questioned at the POE for coming/visiting the US so closely dates; February and then April.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by babsharon(m): 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
jah101:

@Babsharon are u in Newyork??
Yup
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
olawoleolayinka:
I want to ask this question.
I will be having a short break of 2 weeks from my work very soon and intend to spend like 10 days from it in the US, and that will be in February. However, I will be having another full one month annual leave in April which I will like to spend in the US
My question is this : if I travel in February to the US and later travel again in April, won't I be questioned at the POE for coming/visiting the US so closely dates; February and then April.
Thanks

No that shouldn't be a problem,The only question that might come up is who is sponsoring your trip....because with me,@ tge POE in England ave been dere several times nd ave only been asked dat question once...nd i told them my mother is my sponsor nd i told them the type of job she does nd dat it...so dont let that a problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
babsharon:

Yup

Can you pls Email me pls?? So we can talk betterr plsssss i can aswell email you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by babsharon(m): 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
jah101:

Can you pls Email me pls?? So we can talk betterr plsssss i can aswell email you.
Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
ALT2:
How is everyone doing?
I have been following this thread from way back 2012 after my ND, but just recently graduated from uni with a 2.1 (statistics), I have always dreamt of doing masters and PhD in the US but as things stand now I don't know how that can be achieved. Though I have list of possible schools , intent of writing GRE and TOEFL, the first draft of my SOP and standby lecturers to write letter of recommendations, but my concern is how to pay tuition and other expenses as my Dad is a civil servant and Mum a trader and all bulk money they could come by is at Max #500-600k at the time of traveling and I intend to use NYSC allowance and side hustling to pay for GRE, TOEFL and admission processing. What sincere and honest advice can you give to help me achieve the dream?

Going to USA with only #600k That's a very big ask sha. Though nothing is impossible if u believe. The truth about US schools is that because of the competitive nature, they don't really give that much funding below phd level. But u can get fully funded masters in Europe and UK. N there are lots of opportunities over there. Why not give UK a try at masters level? Make a good grade. Then maybe try phd in USA. Cos usa no be place to go without money oooo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kericoo:

am also new here, please what of WAEC holder and wants to start Bsc program over there..

Lol Wer did you dig dis my post from... NY ways. It is dsame stuff.. Write an exam, apply to school.. Receive your i20.. Apply n get ur visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Kericoo(m): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
warriboy21:

Lol Wer did you dig dis my post from... NY ways. It is dsame stuff.. Write an exam, apply to school.. Receive your i20.. Apply n get ur visa

Thanks for your Reply , please which exam is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
stolid:

All you'll be needing is a Graduate Assistantship that waives your tuition & provides you with stipends that could suffice for your living expenses. Your 600k should do for flight and perhaps settling in. However, you'll need to ace your standardized tests and apply to the RIGHT schools. That is, schools in which you stand a chance of being funded given your academic profile.

Which standardised test are we talking about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Please is there an ETS examination centre in Ibadan??

Again, Do I have to fill in the schools I want my results sent to before I write the exams?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:31am On Jan 11, 2016
warriboy21:

boss can u give a detailed explanation on how to send money via Paypal.? and is the rate at N200?.....thanks

The receiver must have Paypal account and when the money enter the receiver Paypal account, then (s)he will get the cash directly inside his/her bank account used to register for paypal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 12:47am On Jan 11, 2016
Walspring:

The receiver must have Paypal account and when the money enter the receiver Paypal account, then (s)he will get the cash directly inside his/her bank account used to register for paypal.

Hv u tried it b4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 12:48am On Jan 11, 2016
Kericoo:

Thanks for your Reply , please which exam is that?
Sat or Toefl or both
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Kericoo(m): 6:56am On Jan 11, 2016
warriboy21:

Sat or Toefl or both

Wait o, the same exam Masters ppl will write abi the questions won't be the same for just waec holders
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by eddyme(m): 7:33am On Jan 11, 2016
Please can someone tell me if it is better to write bot sat and toefl at the same time......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 7:38am On Jan 11, 2016
nedum360:

Thanks. I've heard of people applying for F1 from a foreign country being told to go apply from their country of origin. You mean having a foreign residency permit removes this need?
yes it does but you must be able to proof strong ties that country so since you just moved there then its sometimes easier to apply from Nigeria. either way works though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2016
Kericoo:

Wait o, the same exam Masters ppl will write abi the questions won't be the same for just waec holders

sat is for waec holders..while toefl is for both waec n masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Kericoo(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2016
warriboy21:

sat is for waec holders..while toefl is for both waec n masters
Thanks bro, what is the process of getting the SAT form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 11, 2016
Kericoo:

go to collegeboard.org,you will see the information there on how to register for SAT in Nigeria. The exam starts March 2016,so if I were you,I'd register now and prepare myself for the month of March.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by armo: 10:02am On Jan 11, 2016
Hello good peiple, how can school fees be paid with the restrictions placed on the use of naira castercards??
Thank you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Kericoo(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2016
stevecrun:
go to collegeboard.org,you will see the information there on how to register for SAT in Nigeria. The exam starts March 2016,so if I were you,I'd register now and prepare myself for the month of March.

Thanks bro.

please do you have Idea on Brewing Companies or Hospitals that accept I.T students over there? did you have Idea on Doing I.T abroad.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kericoo:

Thanks bro.

please do you have Idea on Brewing Companies or Hospitals that accept I.T students over there? did you have Idea on Doing I.T abroad.?
You mean Industrial Training?I dont have an idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
biikeys
Sent you a pm please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kericoo:

dont rally kn bout dem sat n toefl registration.....oda gurus can help with answers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jowa16: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
@warriboy,which u dey seg?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tomisinobm(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kericoo:

Google GIEVA at marina, they are an NGO, they wou like do it for you without any extra charge.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ALT2(m): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
nedum360:

Going to USA with only #600k That's a very big ask sha. Though nothing is impossible if u believe. The truth about US schools is that because of the competitive nature, they don't really give that much funding below phd level. But u can get fully funded masters in Europe and UK. N there are lots of opportunities over there. Why not give UK a try at masters level? Make a good grade. Then maybe try phd in USA. Cos usa no be place to go without money oooo.
Thank you for the advice, I heard living expenses are high in UK and other parts of Europe and I actually know little about Europe and I have no idea about UK schools and funding. can you please share any Europe and UK scholarship links?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.