Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,174 members, 7,852,997 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:46 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (791185 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:09am On Jan 22, 2016
Mayflowa:
Is this me or my school or something? This US profs don't know how to teach. They are just rushing and speeding off with calculations without proper explanation of concepts. UK and Naija profs are way better o.

The Uni is University of Missouri. Not an interesting experience

If it's a graduate class, some might assume you already understand basic concepts. Sounds like you have some work to do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:18am On Jan 22, 2016
Perotti:

Are you schooling in the US? That website 'indeed.com' isn't giving me search answers oo

http://www.indeed.com/ .It's a very good website alongside monster.com,simplyhired.com among others. They are all good for looking around for internship and full time openings.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 5:16am On Jan 22, 2016
Walspring:

People are on sabbatical leave.. grin

Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 5:20am On Jan 22, 2016
chuksproxy:
boss ah won cry for naija. In yankee now tho. Thanks to God and nairaland. Men yankee fresh niii. Ethiopia airlines na ram oo. And dis dem hostess be lyk sey dem dey select dem...if u no fine dem no go employ u...men dem dope nii allwise. There is God

Lol.... I flew Emirates. Those people are on a mission to kill people with food. And their Onair WiFi is lit. Chatting all through the 14hours flight from Dubai to Boston. Boston POE was smooth. Used less than 90secs with the officer.

Thank God for journey mercies.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:21am On Jan 22, 2016
BloodyMitch:

Order for interlibrary loan through your school libraray if you dont want to buy it right away, then after the semester you return it, thats what I do here I do interlibrary loan another school in the UD that has the textbook, sends it to me I keep it till semester ends then i return it.
ok will try dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 5:23am On Jan 22, 2016
sharlorhm:

Can we hook up? Will b heading to Maryland soon also

Oh sorry bro, just seeing this. I'm now in Maryland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 6:19am On Jan 22, 2016
warriboy21:

y u no use emirates angry oya go bak and enter emirates com bk ere u hear cool and ur travel transcript.we r waiting

meanwhile my school's spring break trip to california, hollywood,miami bla bla bla is 2k plus per head for 1week shocked.wen dem de talk am for d meeting few hours ago mhenn..i jus de shine my teeth de look dem til dem close d meeting o smileygrin grin.(honestly i was disapointed because i tot it wud b like 100dollars,,den i go hold like 50dollars for shopping grin,,evrytin 150dollars max wink)

as i de go 9 1 oyibo babe wen sit down near me say; are u goin u look excited grin..9 i say yes im going(stil shining my teeth); 9 she say kool..9 i ask her; i guess u going, ; 9 she say nope..2 expensive shocked...( angrywt** y u com de ask me if i 1 go ,,na only u waka come sad u no go open ur own garlic teeth make u de shine am de go like my own undecided)and den she ended by saying ;u shud go,its very beautiful n lovely in california sad(for her mind.as my teeth de shine like monkey own so .dasukigate reach my area for warri abigrin )

You are one helluva crazy guy. Funny as hell

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by khulthum: 6:24am On Jan 22, 2016
HI ALL,
IM APPLYING TO A SCH IN OHIO FOR SUMMER 2016
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THE VISA SUCCESS RATE IS LIKE FOR SUMMER INTAKE smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 7:01am On Jan 22, 2016
Holudarey01:
I have an interview on Skype today by 3pm.
any tips?
What course are you going for?
I had Skype interviews with the University of Maryland and Indiana University at Bloomington a couple of weeks ago. IU Bloomington offered me an admission immediately after the interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by khulthum: 7:23am On Jan 22, 2016
HI ALL,
IM APPLYING TO A SCH IN OHIO FOR SUMMER 2016
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THE VISA SUCCESS RATE IS LIKE FOR SUMMER INTAKE smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2016
purplesummer:

What course are you going for?
I had Skype interviews with the University of Maryland and Indiana University at Bloomington a couple of weeks ago. IU Bloomington offered me an admission immediately after the interview.

Michigan Tech uni
phd chemistry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 22, 2016
BloodyMitch:
I have free health insurance that covers both dental and optical services wif no co-pay or annual payment..Thanks to New York State....Now na to find who i go born for wey go pay me cos that also covered (joking about the giving payment) including that of the pikin wey i go born..but my free health insurance covers everything incuding drug prescription.
Jchi9876 is available cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2016
meritdee:

Lol.... I flew Emirates. Those people are on a mission to kill people with food. And their Onair WiFi is lit. Chatting all through the 14hours flight from Dubai to Boston. Boston POE was smooth. Used less than 90secs with the officer.

Thank God for journey mercies.
Good to hear that you had a smooth flight. Hope you are adapting fast to your new environment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2016
BloodyMitch:
I have free health insurance that covers both dental and optical services wif no co-pay or annual payment..Thanks to New York State....Now na to find who i go born for wey go pay me cos that also covered (joking about the giving payment) including that of the pikin wey i go born..but my free health insurance covers everything incuding drug prescription.
Sure for you o, Is the health insurance free for all Intl students in NY or do you have permanent residency status
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:13am On Jan 22, 2016
BloodyMitch:

Order for interlibrary loan through your school libraray if you dont want to buy it right away, then after the semester you return it, thats what I do here I do interlibrary loan another school in the UD that has the textbook, sends it to me I keep it till semester ends then i return it.
Is there any charge for using the interlibrary loan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2016
MrMann1:

Is there any charge for using the interlibrary loan?

None for my school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:18am On Jan 22, 2016
BloodyMitch:

None for my school.
Ok, sounds cool, but is it advisable to get all textbooks needed for the semester through that means
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Meg17(f): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2016
Hello People, I'm new on nairaland and I hope i'm going about this the right way.
My question is, will the embassy accept an affidavit for a misspelled middle name on a passport? You see, my name is Omowumi but some people write it as Omowunmi. All my academic credentials bears Omowumi but my passport is in Omowunmi. Will this cause problems? The process of change of name of passport in Nigeria is cumbersome, frustrating and very expensive.
Will an affidavit be enough if issues arise on it at the embassy? PLS TELL ME YOUR VIEW. Help!!![color=#000099][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by doziej84: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2016
I have both an BSc + Msc. I intend applying for a phd

can i send only the MSc for evaluation or must i send both bsc + msc to either wes or ece?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2016
MrMann1:

Good to hear that you had a smooth flight. Hope you are adapting fast to your new environment.

I'm trying.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
profojah2:

Jchi9876 is available cheesy

OYO!!!

My akamu tank dey last reserve e no go dey available till June 2016

Wherey ni e Ojah grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jchi9876:

OYO!!!

Wherey ni e Ojah grin
Boss, cheesy.. As you' have been searching for the girl to break her putyski. Na hn God just send one without stress grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
Good day everyone, I made an enquiry some days ago, people are busy these days, I guess that's why I didn't get replies. I'm looking at spring 2017 admission so I want to prepare in the best way possible. I have registered for GRE and Toefl (my ielts will be 2 years old in march so it's going to be useless - my 8.0's going cry). Both tests are in March. I'm interested in a Master's degree in Human Resource Management or Sports Management. Can you recommend good unis? There hasn't been so much info on this thread RE: scholarships/graduate assistantships/fellowships. Is it possible to get a full scholarship based on high GRE/Toefl scores? Please make suggestions. Thanks in anticipation of your answers

Finally, is it advisable to study on my own for GRE/Toefl?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
MrMann1:

Sure for you o, Is the health insurance free for all Intl students in NY or do you have permanent residency status

Am an international student not a permanent resident
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jchi9876:

OYO!!!

Wherey ni e Ojah grin

Una two, u n profojah no just well lmao, meanwhile re u ready to pay me all the amount people frm all over the world pay when they cm to US to give birth.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
BloodyMitch:

Am an international student not a permanent resident
Ok, I wonder why other states no adopt the free health insurance o, reason I been ask.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
MrMann1:

Ok, sounds cool, but is it advisable to get all textbooks needed for the semester through that means

You can try it, I havent tried multiple before though and most professors that re teaching the course always have about 3 or 5 copies of the recommended textbook, so u can ask them for theirs, then return later

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
BloodyMitch:

Una two, u n profojah no just well lmao, meanwhile re u ready to pay me all the amount people frm all over the world pay when they cm to US to give birth.

why should i pay you when i have muscle to make you birth for "free"?

naija girls and price matching dem do una?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olamonsor2: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
pepe4reps:

Can I be admitted with my 3rd class for a masters if i have a good score in my GRE?

I send you pm bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
biikeys:

If it's a graduate class, some might assume you already understand basic concepts. Sounds like you have some work to do.

Yeah. It's a mechanical engineering graduate class. I feel so lost in class. No lecture note to start with! And the textbooks are creeping expensive like 50K naira for one book. UK has standard library for bookstore not here!

Am so angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.