Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (791335 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
fizzile:
Hey guys,this is where I really need tactically suggestions. I need a strategy to go about my transcript issues. Have applied and need to forward my transcripts but I need a strategy here. This is how it goes:
I have two transcripts to send,my BSC and my PGD. My BSC is from Michael Okpara Uni,while my PGD is frm Unical. Have applied into three schools. One requires evaluation,the other two want transcripts sent directly. Now how best do I send these transcripts to the two schools and to the one that requires evaluated transcript by IERF or WES? Please give me the best strategy to go about this plz.
i don't think there is a shortcut to it,u will,during my time despite evaluating my transcript and ordering the evaluated copies to the schools I applied,after I was granted admission they still requested I send an official transcript from my Undergraduate university...I think evaluated transcripts will come handy after ur graduation..My opinion thoh

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
anikemoses:
they are both good,just that WES has some schools in Nigeria that they haven't establish evaluation agreement with as such they wouldn't evaluate transcripts from such schools like mine,so I had to use ECE..
Iam also contemplating using WES,ECE or IERF. I heard WES boost GPA. Don't know how true. And its like WES waste somuch time because of the issue of replying ur school to confirm if verify if they sent the transcript. Meanwhile IERF doesn't do all that. So my question is what's the evaluation of ECE and IERF like? Does it reflect on GPA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ayosco2008(m): 4:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
anikemoses:
they are both good,just that WES has some schools in Nigeria that they haven't establish evaluation agreement with as such they wouldn't evaluate transcripts from such schools like mine,so I had to use ECE..

How was ECE service like? How long did it take dem to evaluate and did dey require verification from your school? Also What's d evaluation effect on your GPA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2016
fizzile:
Iam also contemplating using WES,ECE or IERF. I heard WES boost GPA. Don't know how true. And its like WES waste somuch time because of the issue of replying ur school to confirm if verify if they sent the transcript. Meanwhile IERF doesn't do all that. So my question is what's the evaluation of ECE and IERF like? Does it reflect on GPA?
like I said earlier,I am only conversant with WES and ECE,if u have signed up on WES go and check if ur schools are listed on the evaluation list that WES works with,else it will be a wasted effort..for ECE I had a Cgpa of 3.62/5 and after evaluation I got 3.10/4..I think WES would have been a bit higher coz of their grading criteria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
ayosco2008:

How was ECE service like? How long did it take dem to evaluate and did dey require verification from your school? Also What's d evaluation effect on your GPA?
ECE was cool,it took less than a month to conclude the evaluation..they also use same verification process like WES,ur school must attest to ur transcript

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
pepe4reps:

Like hw much is their tuition fees boss?
for mba its kinda expensive..like 28k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
pepe4reps:

Is writing GRE alone is okay for masters admission with a 3rd class?

with dat gpa i think u shud write both toefl n gre n get good scores like fro 300 n above in gre.. n have good sop n lor..(u must tighten ursef up.)..and also a must u convert ur gpa with wes ..den apply to valpo or troy...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
warriboy21:

for mba its kinda expensive..like 28k
o
28k ,as in 28million or thou sound pls boss?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
warriboy21:

with dat gpa i think u shud write both toefl n gre n get good scores like fro 300 n above in gre.. n have good sop n lor..(u must tighten ursef up.)..and also a must u convert ur gpa with wes ..den apply to valpo or troy...
Thanks a lot boss me....I will do that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HABRUZZY(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
My questions pls is GMAT/GRE necessary in all universities admission in USA for masters programs in business management courses
2.is it compulsory to make payment of tuition fee before 1-20 is issued

Currently going to my finals and hope on taking masters abroad am on 2.1(second class upper currently)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
pepe4reps:
o
28k ,as in 28million or thou sound pls boss?

28 thousand naira shud b 7million or thereabout
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
anikemoses:
like I said earlier,I am only conversant with WES and ECE,if u have signed up on WES go and check if ur schools are listed on the evaluation list that WES works with,else it will be a wasted effort..for ECE I had a Cgpa of 3.62/5 and after evaluation I got 3.10/4..I think WES would have been a bit higher coz of their grading criteria
Since your conversant with WES, what's the delay rate like? Cos I heard it takes somuch time for WES to evaluate. Heard they will have to write to the school to verify if the transcript is from them,the school will now have to reply them before they start evaluating. How true is that? Cos I believe all those will really delay the evaluation process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
anikemoses:
ECE was cool,it took less than a month to conclude the evaluation..they also use same verification process like WES,ur school must attest to ur transcript
Less than a month? That's serious. The problem will have to do with the period the school will have to respond to the verification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
stolid:

It should come up to a 2.5 of 4.0 if you use the service of WES. You may also have to apply to low profile schools, and maybe some mid-profile ones too. Prepare hard for the GRE and ace it. Anything less than a 310 wouldn't make much sense, given your CGPA.

You should also work on an excellent SOP explaining your academic shortcomings and how it has made you a better person, and get your lecturers to write you sound recommendations. Funding would be a long shot in all candour, and I assume you aren't gunning for it either.

Wish you the best.
I really appreciate a lot,pls how can I get some GRE ,materials to read and maybe text books.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
fizzile:
I guess if its evaluated by WES, it might increase.
Thanks my brother,I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by signature2012(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
jah101:

Am in Bronx....PMd U bro.

Thinking of relocating to bronx..this queens is too just boring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2016
pepe4reps:

You are just speaking a world wide language that we understand. 2.36/5 should be a bit higher on a 4 point scale (WES evaluation) like stolid told you. Evaluate with WES only while you prepare for the GRE/GMAT. Then look for schools that accept below 2.7/4.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
signature2012:

Thinking of relocating to bronx..this queens is too just boring.

Then relocate to Brooklyn or Manhattan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
Please guys,lemme ask this again. How long approximately does it take WES to finish up everytn that has to do with evaluation? From your personal experience,how long did it take you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
imperiouxx:

You are just speaking a world wide language that we understand. 2.36/5 should be a bit higher on a 4 point scale (WES evaluation) like stolid told you. Evaluate with WES only while you prepare for the GRE/GMAT. Then look for schools that accept below 2.7/4.

Good luck.
Thanksy brother....I'm indeed grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Centrix: 12:41am On Jan 20, 2016
jah101:

Am in Bronx....PMd U bro.

got it, replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 20, 2016
pepe4reps:

I really appreciate a lot,pls how can I get some GRE ,materials to read and maybe text books.
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:25am On Jan 20, 2016
fizzile:
I think it has increased by 10dollar

Thanks for the update
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:26am On Jan 20, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2016
First I want to say a big Big BIG thanks to the moderator's of this thread from part 1 to 8 no be small work at all and I pray God bless you more as you bless us with answers ****justwise and others **** .. I new to this thread and even forum . Abeg Ogas I need help oooo... I happy for AIU university Texas and they don accept application the next step na evaluation of credential. My add mission advisor don send me the list of evaluation companies wet I fit use and I choose GCE (Global Credential Evaluation) and the documents wey GCE dey ask I no understand ...below ++
1 -- they ask me to fill previous education will I add my primary school or just secondary school
2--They said they will need some documents from my school like course taken and year with course credits I guess that is the report card right ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2016
frizzylee:
First I want to say a big Big BIG thanks to the moderator's of this thread from part 1 to 8 no be small work at all and I pray God bless you more as you bless us with answers ****justwise and others **** .. I new to this thread and even forum . Abeg Ogas I need help oooo... I happy for AIU university Texas and they don accept application the next step na evaluation of credential. My add mission advisor don send me the list of evaluation companies wet I fit use and I choose GCE (Global Credential Evaluation) and the documents wey GCE dey ask I no understand ...below ++
1 -- they ask me to fill previous education will I add my primary school or just secondary school
2--They said they will need some documents from my school like course taken and year with course credits I guess that is the report card right ?

If i understand you well, you're planning to use GCE? You might end up crying when your 5 point CGPA is cut like the way doctors cut off dead tissues. WES evaluation favorites Nigerian grading system. Their requirement is relaxed too. Best of luck with whatever you choose.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tobithedancer: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Greetings. Pls I want to ask u this question. If my B1B2 visa expires on March 30, 2016, when is the maximum time I can travel to the US ? In other words, with my visit visa expiring on the 30th of March, 2016, can I still use the same visa to travel and depart Nigeria on the 25th of March, 2016, ( 5 days before the visa expires ), and if yes, on my arrival at the POE, will I still likely be given 6 months at the POE ?
Secondly, can someone visits the US twice in the space of 3 months apart, and spending like 10 days each on each visit ?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
anikemoses:
Your 3.62/5 evaluation would have been 3.20+/4 if it was WES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
profojah2:

Your 3.62/5 evaluation would have been 3.20+/4 if it was WES
What if it was IERF?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
fizzile:
What if it was IERF?
I have no idea

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.