Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,125 members, 7,852,830 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (791161 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 6:03am On Jan 27, 2016
warriboy21:

Obob I no fit o... 285 wat

Even western union sef now na war to send.. Since last Wednesday my bro has been going to d stupid first bank n de keep on saying limit exceeded .Jus today de still said same tin den it occur to me to try n use d blocking formula.. My bro had to tip d banker 5k so de can send my own today.
And just fr nowhere about 130k limit arrived .. grin.
DE r now making money fr blocking...i never c wer dem de use money de block to send moni o.. . because we don't hv much choices to send d money de r taking advantage of us... If u want to send de will tel u de hv exhausted Dia limit n even if u asked Dem if u could Com d nxt day de will say Der r so many people on queue..
Dis govt has failed us
mehn I feel your pain it's tough,

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dunnee: 9:57am On Jan 27, 2016
glossybayor:
send me an email
please your email address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tobithedancer: 10:11am On Jan 27, 2016
Hello sir's/ma's
My friend wants to do his masters programme in the USA but it will be hard for him to go without carrying along with him his big and handsome Rottweiler heafty black dog.pls how can he do that? Is it possible he travels with the dog? And also if yes, will the dog also get a visa?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 27, 2016
Animals don't require visas, but they are subject to import restrictions. In addition to getting medically cleared and vaccinated, the dog may have to undergo quarantine for a period of time.

A quick Google search provided the following information: http://www.cdc.gov/importation/bringing-an-animal-into-the-united-states/dogs.html

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 10:40am On Jan 27, 2016
@Bigfrancis U've got MAIL...boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cheldas: 11:48am On Jan 27, 2016
Hello house helpers, this is your man for a very long time. i relent pursuing my studies in the state just because i was denied visa 3times.
Now i want to help my siblings to process us student visa. Pls, i need your help on how to get scholarship or financial aid for the academics in any of the universities. please help for easy link. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
dunnee:

please your email address
just goto my profile and click on send email message, click on send, I will reply you with a message.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olamonsor2: 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
fizzile:
I have answered that. I said after applying,u will ask dem to mail the school and inform them that u hv registered. If u r in lagos try and attend their free lecture on wednesday by 9am,go with ur international passport and ur transcript. Then if u want to register,the lady will tell u wot next to do. But just keep upto 35k for dat.

Thanks for your concern. Just coming from education usa. The lady said I shld tell me Skul to send my transcript to her( she gave me their address ) and she will send the report to my skul in yankee. She said free of charge.. I even chop wedding cake for her office self.. The woman is good.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by UNIVofTEXASatT: 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hi everyone.
I work for the Graduate School at the University of Texas at Tyler. As you would have probably seen our promotional ads over the last week, this school offers several amazing programs that suit the twenty-first century work/market place.
There are several scholarships as well if you have a good GPA.
Please feel free to ask me any question and I will be more than happy to answer you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
olamonsor2:

Thanks for your concern. Just coming from education usa. The lady said I shld tell me Skul to send my transcript to her( she gave me their address ) and she will send the report to my skul in yankee. She said free of charge.. I even chop wedding cake for her office self.. The woman is good.
Ok,dat means ur school doesn't require u to register with educationusa. Alright. Urs is different from mine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olamonsor2: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
fizzile:
Ok,dat means ur school doesn't require u to register with educationusa. Alright. Urs is different from mine

Eyya. You good bro. Thanks for your care
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hello all. Please how important is travel history to obtaining a student visa. My passport has never been stamped. Someone is suggesting I go stamp at Benin and Togo borders. Hope this wouldn't look desperate to the VO. Kindly help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jahbless82: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
I sent you PM...pls reply
UNIVofTEXASatT:
Hi everyone.
I work for the Graduate School at the University of Texas at Tyler. As you would have probably seen our promotional ads over the last week, this school offers several amazing programs that suit the twenty-first century work/market place.
Please feel free to ask me any question and I will be more than happy to answer you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:
Hi everyone.
Did u just discover nairaland? Cos I can see u just registered today and am just sceptical about ur profile name. Smh.. Lips sealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
ProfTPE:
Hello all. Please how important is travel history to obtaining a student visa. My passport has never been stamped. Someone is suggesting I go stamp at Benin and Togo borders. Hope this wouldn't look desperate to the VO. Kindly help.

A lot of people go to the embassy without any travel history and get visas. You don't need to go anywhere because of that...there are several other ways of showing home ties.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:
Hi everyone.
Pls I need info on scholarship for Post baccalaureate students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
ProfTPE:
Guy, you are applying for student visa, your travelling history is not a prerequisite at all. What you need is to be able to convince the VO that you are actually going for the purpose of study, you must be ready to tell the VO what the program you intend to study will do for you and how you will use the experience when you are back in your country. Also be ready to explain why you chose the school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by UNIVofTEXASatT: 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
MrMann1:

Pls I need info on scholarship for Post baccalaureate students.
Hello. A good GPA will definitely get you the New Graduate Fellowship which qualifies you for in-state tuition and a stipend.
What program(s) are you interested in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by UNIVofTEXASatT: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Jahbless82:
I sent you PM...pls reply
Hello, I have replied you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:

Hello. A good GPA will definitely get you the New Graduate Fellowship which qualifies you for in-state tuition and a stipend.

I've clicked around the university's website but just to be sure, with a good profile, can one be fully funded? I've got Bs in Civil Engineering, and would be gunning for Ms in Civil Engineering, with keen focus on Environmental Engineering, and Sustainable Development.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ayosco2008(m): 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:

So what GPA is considered a good GPA. On a 5.0 and 4.0 sclae?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:

I am interested in Computer Science.
Here is a summary of my academic transcript evaluation by SDR Educational Consultants:
Semester hours earned: 97 (42 upper division)
Quality points earned: 292.92
Grade point average: 3.02/4.00

What do you think? Am I qualified for the New Graduate Fellowship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by UNIVofTEXASatT: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
stolid:

I've clicked around the university's website but just to be sure, with a good profile, can one be fully funded? I've got Bs in Civil Engineering, and would be gunning for Ms in Civil Engineering, with keen focus on Environmental Engineering, and Sustainable Development.
Hello,
I am certain that you will get more than 50% slash in tuition and a stipend if you have a good undergraduate GPA. That said, if the professors think you are a research asset, you will get an assistantship which will cover many of your expenses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by UNIVofTEXASatT: 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
MrMann1:

I am interested in Computer Science.
Here is a summary of my academic transcript evaluation by SDR Educational Consultants:
Semester hours earned: 97 (42 upper division)
Quality points earned: 292.92
Grade point average: 3.02/4.00

What do you think? Am I qualified for the New Graduate Fellowship?
Hello,
I am not sure the rubrics the agency used to calculate your GPA. WES is always best, believe me.
But, you definitely need more than what you have up there to qualify.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:

Hello,
I am not sure the rubrics the agency used to calculate your GPA. WES is always best, believe me.
But, you definitely need more than what you have up there to qualify.
Well SDR Educational Consultants is located in Texas. I can send you the whole evaluation report, perhaps you would get more understanding from the whole document.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:

Hello,
I am certain that you will get more than 50% slash in tuition and a stipend if you have a good undergraduate GPA. That said, if the professors think you are a research asset, you will get an assistantship which will cover many of your expenses.

Can one get these kind of benefits on enrollment or after a semester at the institution?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by UNIVofTEXASatT: 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
MrMann1:

Can one get these kind of benefits on enrollment or after a semester at the institution?
Again, the New Graduate Fellowship is right at enrollment with a good GPA.
If you will get an assistantship, it will be subject to availability at the time and whether/whenever the professors think you are an asset to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:
Hi everyone.

I saw the ad on nairaland about the scholarship @Tyler

I would like to know if WES evaluation of undergraduate transcripts is compulsory.
Would love to apply but the evaluation seems to be an albatross for me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:

Hello,

That's great. Evaluation of academic transcripts would be a major deterrent for me though. Thank you for the information regardless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNIVofTEXASatT:

Hello,
Hey, but the school website says "Award Amount: up to $1,000 per year" so how does 50% slash in tuition comes in
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
hello everyone,
there is an advertisement for Graduate Scholarships in Solid Waste Research from the Environmental Research & Education Foundation, if you have plans to do research in waste water remediation, this is an opportunity to get some substantial funding towards it, you can apply through the link below;
http://erefdn.org/index.php/scholarships/procedure

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.