Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786904 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 04, 2016
exxy:

i just dey oo, assignment wan commot my neck

Tell me about it! grin grin Schooling abroad as people always say is really easy is just super ironical. No week passes by without a prof dropping a quiz or an assignment ugh! undecided cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by exxy(m): 4:42am On Feb 04, 2016
Amefrica:

Tell me about it! grin grin Schooling abroad as people always say is really easy is just super ironical. No week passes by without a prof dropping a quiz or an assignment ugh! undecided cry
yeah, dem wan use programming kill person for here, i had a quiz today, i have another one tomorrow. my eye dey red, i never sleep
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 04, 2016
exxy:

yeah, dem wan use programming kill person for here, i had a quiz today, i have another one tomorrow. my eye dey red, i never sleep

I know what you mean bro. It's all gonna worth it at the end! What year are you in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by exxy(m): 4:47am On Feb 04, 2016
Amefrica:

I know what you mean bro. It's all gonna worth it at the end! What year are you in?
2nd year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:47am On Feb 04, 2016
exxy:

2nd year

Great! It is well bro. The hardwork will pay off for us all. See ya at the top brudda! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by exxy(m): 4:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Amefrica:

Great! It is well bro. The hardwork will pay off for us all. See ya at the top brudda! smiley
Amen Boss, tnks broda.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by koolkenzo(m): 4:52am On Feb 04, 2016
Hello house, please i need some advise concerning admission. My wife just came back from the US with a B1/B2 visa but she is considering applying for a community college, i don't really know if it's a good idea since she just came back and won't they see it as a desperate adventure since she just came back after spending 4 months over there. Though her visa is still valid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 6:46am On Feb 04, 2016
Hello people I need some advice , a friend of my Dad over stayed in the USA, now he want to apply for a student visa , his mum is ready to finance him, so i want to know his there going to be a problem in is application because his dad overstay , jeopardizing the nonImmigrant Visa rules
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sylve11: 9:50am On Feb 04, 2016
stevecrun:
if you can't give a VO reason for going for that major..how do you cope in class when you get there..?

@ Oga Stevecrun, can i please have your contact? There is something personal i need discuss with you, please. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by yorex2011: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Using bigfrancis21 gpa converting method... I got 3.64 on a scale of 4.0 for a 4.28/5.0 gpa... Converting each of my individual grades from 100 level to final year.
Plan on scoring at least 168 quant and 160 verbal in GRE. want to write around ending of march... My only issue is the verbal whicj i want to dedicate time to...

Plan to do a masters in Electrical Engineering..
Anyone with good schools with funding opportunities and average tuition should please help a brother out... Started reading the thread yesternight.. Currently on page 85..hope to complete all 200+ pages when i get home from work today.

Thanks in advance folk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2016
pappyyanky:
Hello people I need some advice , a friend of my Dad over stayed in the USA, now he want to apply for a student visa , his mum is ready to finance him, so i want to know his there going to be a problem in is application because his dad overstay , jeopardizing the nonImmigrant Visa rules
I guess u mean your friend dad overstayed. Well, your friend can still apply for a student visa and proof to the VO that he's a credible student. If he is not asked about his dad, he shouldn't raise the issue. Since his mom is the sponsor then he should give it a trial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2016
koolkenzo:
Hello house, please i need some advise concerning admission. My wife just came back from the US with a B1/B2 visa but she is considering applying for a community college, i don't really know if it's a good idea since she just came back and won't they see it as a desperate adventure since she just came back after spending 4 months over there. Though her visa is still valid.
it doesn't matter. Her history of visit to the USA is also added advantage,at least she didn't overstay the visa. I will prefer she apply to a university then get her visa, afterward she can transfer to a college when she arrive to the USA. Shikena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:

Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?
Thank you house
you probably won't be questioned. You have been to the USA once and u never travelled with your ex wife, neither didn't u apply to get a visa together. Every one has a life . Being divorce means you guys don't share anything again. That is the last question border officer will ever ask you. So travel in peace and enjoy your holiday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Feb 04, 2016
oganlalasokun:

Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?
Thank you house

abujaniv:

Hello oganlalasokun,

Yeah you absolutely can be questioned about her. The truth is that your direct family member's actions can affect your visa applications and ability to travel. If your family goes to the US and violates our visa policies, it is more likely you will do the same.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2016
@Ogunlala, did you see the VO's response? You must be honest and again, make sure you have a Certificate of Divorce that can easily be verified.

Remember no hanky panky. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by PURE69: 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
vivyval:
The Lord is good, great things He has done! Visa approved at the Lagos embassy, transcript loading!

Vivyval, congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by PURE69: 2:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
ProfOjah, how far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
PURE69:
ProfOjah, how far?
I dey bro...

Bebedlolo.. Send me a mail on profojah78 at gmail dot com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hardejokeh(f): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good day everyone,i applied to a sch in US nd i need to send my financiak document nd i want to know must it b my parents only or i can use other member of the family whic r nt bearing my suname.Thanks wil love to hear frm u guyz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
worry359:

Why must he reply your mail?
Why can you not guide him here for all to learn from

hardejokeh: Beware of people who will not post here!
Do not part with any cash or personal information to them!
lol you are very funny. I'm not a scam and I will never be of such, if u cud read well, I have already answered her question. She might want to ask questions because I'm not always online. Nawa 4 u oooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
glossybayor:
lol you are very funny. I'm not a scam and I will never be of such, if u cud read well, I have already answered her question. She might want to ask questions because I'm not always online. Nawa 4 u oooooo.
But you wanna do some background final touches right?.. I got you my nigga. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
profojah2:

But you wanna do some background final touches right?.. I got you my nigga. wink
lmao, clown!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
yorex2011:
Using bigfrancis21 gpa converting method... I got 3.64 on a scale of 4.0 for a 4.28/5.0 gpa... Converting each of my individual grades from 100 level to final year.
Plan on scoring at least 168 quant and 160 verbal in GRE. want to write around ending of march... My only issue is the verbal whicj i want to dedicate time to...

Plan to do a masters in Electrical Engineering..
Anyone with good schools with funding opportunities and average tuition should please help a brother out... Started reading the thread yesternight.. Currently on page 85..hope to complete all 200+ pages when i get home from work today.

Thanks in advance folk

Which area are you planning to specialize?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ayosco2008(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello house. Please anyone knows where I can get soft copy materials of TOEFL exam prep?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hardejokeh(f): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ok thanks,can i use dat of my parents nd my uncle cos i tend to use his own
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by yorex2011: 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
biikeys:

Which area are you planning to specialize?
Power and energy systems thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Official count down - 9 more days to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Who has ever taken the Harvard Online Course programme? i. e (open certificate(which goes for free)

If you are an autodidact, you might wanna try it out. I heard if you score extremely high @ the end of the e-semester, you could be called for some sort of in-house oral/written exam in Harvard, & you'd be offered an admission if you scale through(just like Predegree)

You'd receive lectures via YouTube, Soundcloud, ITunes, HBX or via other media highlighted on the website.

Link: http://online-learning.harvard.edu/courses

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
vivyval:
Hi guys, I made a mistake in my Ds-160 form. A.who is paying for this trip,I wrote self instead of uncle. I thought it's payment for the flight not studies.I have already booked my interview for this week. What do I do?

The best way is to fill new form and correct it then update the ds160 code in your appointment interview site by contacting them via provide feedback and give them necessary details needed

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.