Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784644 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 6:44am On Mar 25, 2016
zeezahbee:
Lol, how are you? Guess you are dealing with the weather.

Very well and the weather has been awesome. How is studies coming along?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by emmadeking(m): 6:50am On Mar 25, 2016
warriboy21:

its simple and dont patronise any agent,,wat major r u looking in for?
i was once like u..the 3 major steps are-
1- write atleast a standardize test(gre,toefl or ielts)
2- search and apply for a good school and get admitted
3- receive ur i20 and apply for interview in lagos/abuja embasssy to collect visa....
dats al.. wink

NB;...dos steps are broken down into smaller steps though..but its easy man
Can one write GRE and TOEFL @the same time. And what will it cost to write each of the exams?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 7:09am On Mar 25, 2016
Fortissimo:

Congrats. Nice one. I guess this is where you'll be going. What program?

Thanks a lot. Masters program. Sustainable International Development. Don't know yet. Let,e wait for other schools decision, then calculate what I have to pay out of pocket. Plus cost of leaving in MA no be beans.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 7:15am On Mar 25, 2016
biikeys:

And what's the tuition? Think more in terms of how much you have to pay out of pocket than the actual value of your award.

I will be paying about $15,000 out of pocket. That is not really a problem for me, the ish is the cost of living in MA. I actually applied to this school cuz they give application fee waiver for Nigerians and they also waived TOEFL, though I wrote it. I didn't think I would get in coz of their low acceptance rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 7:23am On Mar 25, 2016
Thanks. Does say a degree in Public Health make the person relevant in the US job market?
imperiouxx:

US Healthcare system is different (so they believe), so they don't take foreign trained medical practitioners who wasn't trained in America. Even the medical schools don't take foreign degree equivalent except in dentistry where you can be admitted as foreign trained dentist and undergo few more years of training. As to your pharmacy, I'm sorry, you may have to start over again or go for something related in MS/PhD such as pharmaceutical science etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 7:37am On Mar 25, 2016
emmadeking:

Can one write GRE and TOEFL @the same time. And what will it cost to write each of the exams?
Of course, nothing stops you from registering for both at the same time as long as there's an available date for both. Toefl is 180dols while GRE is presently 205dols. You can check out the ets website for both gre and Toefl for more details. All the best boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Responded. Check your email.
boss sorry to bother you,you have a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2016
Thanks boss. Sent u a pm
imperiouxx:

US Healthcare system is different (so they believe), so they don't take foreign trained medical practitioners who wasn't trained in America. Even the medical schools don't take foreign degree equivalent except in dentistry where you can be admitted as foreign trained dentist and undergo few more years of training. As to your pharmacy, I'm sorry, you may have to start over again or go for something related in MS/PhD such as pharmaceutical science etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ahahnow: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2016
malory84:

Thanks a lot.

What program did you apply for? MBA? Also, what was your undergrad GPA and your GMAT score if I may ask please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Anyiogwu: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2016
imperiouxx:

We'll from online findings, CNA jobs in nursing homes in NYC pay between $9.50 - $11/hr. People live on that but you're going to work your ass off to get enough that can sustain you. Its equivalent in hospital is patient care assistant (PCA), that pays between $14 - $17/hr but the bad news is that hospitals might not call unless you have at least 6 months experience as a CNA. With this, the decision is left to you.

embarassed embarassed sad news
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hello people I need your help , I try helping my sister to register for her SAT online , when it get to the section where she will need to fill her school details , under the SAT auto search school finder I cant see my sister school on the list of Nigeria school, should u school another like queens college that I see ? Is there gonna be a problem with that or what way do u think I can do that .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
Mekurexx:
Yeah Minnesota. I no like that five guyz sharing one room tinz. I'm a private person. but if na minnesota, its off campus, CA- on-campus. Yeah fizzile dey apply there too. and he seems a great guy!
You go fear great guy naaa...see me ooo..lololzzzz. Minnesota na my target oooo,but if na five guys,mehnn naA community be dat ooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
guys, pls I wld lik to ask a question. I want to apply for
masters, but d issue is, I dnt rly av som1 that can sponsor me,
I mean som1 wth a fat account, although am working, my
salary is less than 80k. I have some landed properties and
vehicles I can always sell just to sponsor my self. the question
is, since I dnt rly av a fat bank account, hope it wnt affect my
chances of getting a visa. hope I wnt be rejected on d bases of
nt having enough money in my account, though I hav some
properties I can sell
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
adedejis:
properties I can sell

Stop, take a pause to think.
What is your employment at the moment?
Will a masters guarantee an increase in wages that will re-pay the cost.
Do you have a fixed career path, or are you just hoping that with masters something will turn up?
Would your little money be better invested in your property?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stanogb(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
adedejis:
properties I can sell
The fact is that you need a statement of account to get the visa. Depends on the school in USA, about 4m to 7m is good. Your property will serve as good home tie. Gather money in your account, apply to a school, apply for funding, get the visa. Option 2: Apply to a german University, with 2.5mil, you are good. You cant forfeit you dream of acquiring a good education abroad because of money. Gracias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
emmadeking:

do u meaan on dsame day at dsame time?..its imposicant o..pls choose different days..and considering d current economic crisis i advise u go for d most relevant which is d gre....because writing both exams can amount to a 100k.(but if u hv d moni..go for it bro...writing both exam is a confidence booster in d embassy smiley)....a female VO might fall in luv wink...der u go grin

pls guz try to chose a stem relating field when coming ere ...dats d only field which high job availability..(dnt tink of coming ere to study law o..e don de red for all law graduates ere according to a recent american publication)

btw wer slimmy e don tay i c post o....lol(i kn say e go ignore me grin)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
@ slimmy where are you How much make I bring for sevis fee o?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by femoalaofin: 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
emmadeking:

if using gtbank with paypal....gre is 61+k naira and toefl is 58+k naira as dey charge $1 = 299 naira. so total is almost 120,000 naira. paid yesterday

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hello people I need your help , I try helping my sister to register for her SAT online , when it get to the section where she will need to fill her school details , under the SAT auto search school finder I cant see my sister school on the list of Nigeria school, should u school another like queens college that I see ? Is there gonna be a problem with that or what way do u think I can do that .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
don4ye:
@ slimmy where are you How much make I bring for sevis fee o?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
slimmy2005:

Ahhh... 315 rate.... Help me bit ham down abeg...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stanogb(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
House, is there any possibility of getting visa with SA OF 3 MIL...with or without funding for graduate studies. At least you know the range of graduate tuition in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Vblossom: 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Good evening all.
I have been offered conditional admission in Selkirk College, CA to do PGD. I am told to pay my tuition fee before unconditional admission letter will be given to me for VISA Application. Should I go ahead to pay at least half? Also, i am having challenge finding a sponsor with substantial cash as my Dad is late, what should I do? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
don4ye:

Ahhh... 315 rate.... Help me bit ham down abeg...
sevis fee is 210.50 including western union charges
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
slimmy2005:
sevis fee is 210.50 including western union charges

Oh ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stanogb(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
stanogb:
House, is there any possibility of getting visa with SA OF 3 MIL...with or without funding for graduate studies. At least you know the range of graduate tuition in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
Vblossom:
Good evening all.
I have been offered conditional admission in Selkirk College, CA to do PGD. I am told to pay my tuition fee before unconditional admission letter will be given to me for VISA Application. Should I go ahead to pay at least half? Also, i am having challenge finding a sponsor with substantial cash as my Dad is late, what should I do? Thanks

Hi. Wrong thread. Please post here https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/386
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=stanogb post=44109686][/quote]

If that's enough for the school to issue your I-20 then I believe it should be ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stanogb(m): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
Fortissimo:

If that's enough for the school to issue your I-20 then I believe it should be ok.
Gracias
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
@ahahnow

No. It will defeat the purpose of the thread. We don't just share info here because someone needs it right away. Whatever you post here will also be helpful to someone sometime in the future. WhatsApp is a bad idea.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.