Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784653 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2016
pin:33464413 .. I can't read the pm.
dramaka:

Wanna hear it! Sending you a pm now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 6:54am On Mar 27, 2016
Na only u waka go?
godG:
Nobody dey come UW-Madison ni? sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 7:10am On Mar 27, 2016
frankicon:
don4ye thank u soo much for your time i appreciate alot
buh its remaining the other Q if i cn get a clue it will be helpful
i went with Santa Ana college i-20 nw am going with Kansas State add. so am thinkin the Q they're gonna ask me is

Why Kansas Now?

I fell asleep last night, I will get it done when I am back from church.. What is your email so that I can send you pple transcript.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2016
godG:
Nobody dey come UW-Madison ni? sad
We wan come but admission requirements na die. Make una sef dey consider us wey get patch patch GPA... If you do that, we go gbori wole

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2016
slimmy2005:
Did you shoot for MS or PhD?

One PhD, 3MSc.
The PhD said they were short of funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2016
dramaka:

One PhD, 3MSc.
The PhD said they were short of funds.
What field or major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by michael1385: 8:31am On Mar 27, 2016
pls i need guru in the house to help me answer my question...Is there any universities in US that accept only GRE and waive toefl or ielts for Nigerian students?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by KELVIN086: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2016
dramaka:

Generous keh? Anyway it depends on the department. They say we can apply for GA positions when we get to the school sha. About their tuition, I don't think it's high. Out of the four admissions I have, it's the most affordable. $18k. The next affordable school, IIT is about $38k.
Yes, they require WES evaluation, and that's okay by me, just that it costs over $200 for the course-by-course evaluation. At least they didn't ask for references etc. Acceptance rate is high too.
Sorry to ask sir , but even if one gets a GA position in school by what percentage would that reduce his tuition fee , I'm not asking for exact figures just estimates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 9:08am On Mar 27, 2016
michael1385:
pls i need guru in the house to help me answer my question...Is there any universities in US that accept only GRE and waive toefl or ielts for Nigerian students?
Although writing the Toefl/Ielts gives you a lot of options, there are still schools that waive the Toefl for Nigerians. All you need to do is peruse their website for info you require and mail grad coordinators if you need clarification. (I'm no guru sha oo, just say make I help small ni). Have you written the gre already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 10:02am On Mar 27, 2016
sirRiddy:
Hello guys. Please I may have a little problem with my nysc certificate. I am a corps member presently and would be leaving for graduate studies next fall. If I leave nysc half way or fail to obtain the certificate, what do I do when I return? Can I get an exemption letter or I have to do nysc all over again?
Bigfrancis21 biikeys slimmy2005 Msnas zeezahbee horayce imperiouxx mystiqme GboyegaD and everyone else
Brotherly, i believe you are batch A. So the nysc certificate will definitely be out before next fall term begins. POP is just 18 more days from today. Tarry on a little while longer, it will be all worth it. Goodluck boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2016
michael1385:

Many grad schools waive TOEFL/IELTS for Nigerian prospective grad students. You need to request for a waiver.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2016
Zino55:

yea boss. I did register with Eduusa. dunno wat cud b causing the delay cos grad sch said dey sent my file to dept for review since sept.
And after registering,did u ask the lady to mail them informing them that you have registered. I gez dat was the instruction. If it was done,I guess u have to call ur graduate program coordinator. I think you are the 3rd or 4th person I've come across that has applied into mnsu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 11:03am On Mar 27, 2016
slimmy2005:
What field or major?
Civil engineering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2016
KELVIN086:

Sorry to ask sir , but even if one gets a GA position in school by what percentage would that reduce his tuition fee , I'm not asking for exact figures just estimates.

What is obtainable in department A may differ from department B even within the same school. The percentage tuition waivers also differ from full tuition to 30% tuition (the minimum I've come across).
Now, as students, we need to actually take the school selection process more seriously. I regret tossing out many applications to schools just because they had my desired course together with good rankings. There are so many factors to consider. However, we need to prioritise them. Top of the list, I've learnt so far, should be funding availability.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2016
michael1385:

Many. UCM warrensburg is one. They're so straight forward.
Now, you need to peruse the website, especially the international students section. Most quickly state you must do an English language proficiency exam. They then go further to say if your native language is English, you won't be needing that. Where they exclude Nigerian students, still go further to enquire from your intended graduate coordinator. I say this because of my experience with BGSU. After submitting all other documents, the Graduate school still demanded for ielts or toefl from me before they would send my documents to the department; whereas their website says otherwise. Had to rush to send my ielts via surface mail to them. Cost 2k and took like three weeks to deliver.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AgreatMan: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2016
michael1385:

michigan tech u (pretty straigtforward). Miami U oxford (u need to demand for this).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stoicism: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2016
dramaka:

3.73/4.0 by WES

I am dead, 3.73 and u couldn't even secure ANY funding. This represents a new low.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stoicism: 11:55am On Mar 27, 2016
dramaka:

Chai! It tells us it's getting more competitive every year.
Looking at it from another perspective; coming out tops in such a class wouldn't be an easy-reach.

I guess those are the forge where gods are made.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 12:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
stoicism:

I guess those are the forge where gods are made.

You can say that again lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
dickoflife:
pin:33464413 .. I can't read the pm.

Thanks for the lengthy detailed discourse boss, I really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Christyomi: 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hello everyone, i was once a member of this forum before i opted out due to denial of student visa to U.S ...Am now residing now in Dubai with my wife.We both work here, but now planning of relocating to U.S. my people, i need your advice on student visa or any other good and peaceful way of entering and staying in the States.Thank you and expecting your responses...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Kassidy4luv(m): 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
dramaka:

Civil engineering

Am also a civil Engr, please wic schools didn't give U any form of funding with ur high profile, make I kukuma avoid dem niiiiii.

Na Funding sure pass ooooo even if na to go Alaska, North Dakota or South Dakota, Me no mind ooooo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Fortissimo:

Mississippi State University. After deducting the funding obtained, I am in a credit position. So technically I'm not paying anything from my personal funds.

Nice one. Just glanced through the site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kassidy4luv:

Am also a civil Engr, please wic schools didn't give U any form of funding with ur high profile, make I kukuma avoid dem niiiiii.

Na Funding sure pass ooooo even if na to go Alaska, North Dakota or South Dakota, Me no mind ooooo.

Lol...Alaska
Illinois Institute of Technology (Lovely school tho)
University of Nebraska Licoln
BGSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Perotti: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
dramaka:

What is obtainable in department A may differ from department B even within the same school. The percentage tuition waivers also differ from full tuition to 30% tuition (the minimum I've come across).
Now, as students, we need to actually take the school selection process more seriously. I regret tossing out many applications to schools just because they had my desired course together with good rankings. There are so many factors to consider. However, we need to prioritise them. Top of the list, ld be funding availability.

I totally agree with u bro..I had a friend who finished with a 4.49 GPA who got a fully funded MSc GTA offer from Catholic University of America, Washington DC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Perotti: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
For the gurus in the house, which other US schools give good funding for MS/PhD in biological/agricultural sciences?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
Perotti:
For the gurus in the house, which other US schools give good funding for MS/PhD in biological/agricultural sciences?
biological sciences try ETSU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
dramaka:

Lol...Alaska
Illinois Institute of Technology (Lovely school tho)
University of Nebraska Licoln
BGSU
what are your plans? Any school you applied to with pending funding decision? Are you planning on next fall. Please don't come without funding assurance except you have the money for first semester at least
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dramaka(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
slimmy2005:
what are your plans? Any school you applied to with pending funding decision? Are you planning on next fall. Please don't come without funding assurance except you have the money for first semester at least

Have received all decisions. I do have funding for first semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by creamyworkz: 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Does anyone know of any uni in the US that does not require GRE and TOEFL or that requires just one of the two? Its very urgent and any information will be appreciated thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
creamyworkz:
Does anyone know of any uni in the US that does not require GRE and TOEFL or that requires just one of the two? Its very urgent and any information will be appreciated thanks.
Valparaiso University... Though some major requires gmat... Wats ur major
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by creamyworkz: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
warriboy21:

Valparaiso University... Though some major requires gmat... Wats ur major

Am asking for a friend. his major is chemistry. Although he already has an Msc in analytical chemistry from university of aberdeen, he's looking to do another Msc. or a phd in the US

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.