Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784479 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
rydow:
Gud day NLdas, it all happened today. Yankee embassy at Gidi.

I got this thing they called Visa at exactly 11:05am.

Yea.

Allah did it.

Thanks to everyone here . Justwise etc

Aadeyi. Thanks very much.

Transcript on the way.

I can't even type much now. So so so so so so happy.....

First time applicant.

Less question
congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
Good evening house, all the ogas at the top (slimmy2005, imperioux, sirridy, msnas, bbdd etal. ) i hail ooo.
I need expert opinion
i applied to university of arkansas, application under review since Feb2, till now no update. Graduate coordinator has refused to reply his mail

I called the administrative secretary, was reffered back to the graduate coordinator, April is almost gone.

please, has anyone got a suggestion as touching the matter. thank you all

you have to take the chill pill. I was in your shoes. MTU interviewed me in Jan but I never heard back from them. Had to mail POI and called assistant grad coord and they told me that they've not made any decision yet.

about TTU, I've been disturbing the grad coord since only God knows. Sent him a voice mail on Friday and he told me that they received a large number of apps this year. He apologized and told me decision would be made today.
As I dey now, na my mail I dey chk o.

Try and get in touch with your grad coord, it shows you're still interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fart: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
Please, I am looking for study partners. Is anyone in the midst of studying for the GMAT exam? I am studying for it and would like to team up with a few people to study and for motivation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
Congrats! I also tap into ur success story.

rydow:

Yea.

Allah did it.

Transcript on the way.

First time applicant.

Less question

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
bbdd:

I'm not surprised, After wetin winter do me from Sept to March, I just can't understand how people enjoy life in Canada.
A guy from my school went to Canada after graduating, got PR, now he's regretting because his classmates that graduated and went to Houston to look for jobs are doing better than him without greencard sef. Not to say Canada is bad but being ware of the situation is important.

Nairaland Canada thread still flies faster than any other thread. LOL..

Nigerians are concern about the easy PR in Canada. That's the rush about Canada in the recent time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
rydow:

Yea.

Allah did it.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
monsieur2016:
Congrats! I also tap into ur success story.

Excuse me, how do they do that?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
rydow:

Yea.

Allah did it.

Transcript on the way.

First time applicant.

Less question

congrats grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by haryomikun(m): 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
I pray you guys will be granted your visa this year... Hustle doesn't go unrewarded by nature smiley

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hello. I've got a problem with my GRE scores. I logged in this evening and realised that my scores are no longer available. I took the test October/November 2015 (twice) and I have since received the result and downloaded the E-Scorecard. I planned on sending my scores to a school this evening and it's nowhere. Although I've mailed ETS, I'm really worried. Has anyone experienced this before? I wasn't informed of any irregularities/cancellation of my scores.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 11:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
ProfTPE:
Hello. I've got a problem with my GRE scores. I logged in this evening and realised that my scores are no longer available. I took the test October/November 2015 (twice) and I have since received the result and downloaded the E-Scorecard. I planned on sending my scores to a school this evening and it's nowhere. Although I've mailed ETS, I'm really worried. Has anyone experienced this before? I wasn't informed of any irregularities/cancellation of my scores.

You have entered what is popularly known as one chance, just go and arrange $235 or $470(if na the two) in Western Union money order with a friend abroad to be sent to ETS jeje and also arrest the guy that registered you. In case you are asking why, your GRE has bounced. I was once a victim of this crap a few years back... so sorry o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 11:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
Holudarey01:

you have to take the chill pill. I was in your shoes. MTU interviewed me in Jan but I never heard back from them. Had to mail POI and called assistant grad coord and they told me that they've not made any decision yet.

about TTU, I've been disturbing the grad coord since only God knows. Sent him a voice mail on Friday and he told me that they received a large number of apps this year. He apologized and told me decision would be made today.

Them don decide? champagne is on ice here o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
gunther6:

You have entered what is popularly known as one chance, just go and arrange $235 or $470(if na the two) in Western Union money order with a friend abroad to be sent to ETS jeje and also arrest the guy that registered you. In case you are asking why, your GRE has bounced. I was once a victim of this crap a few years back... so sorry o

Okay chief. Please I've sent you a PM. I'll like to ask a few more questions. By the way, I think I remember you mentioned it sometimes ago. I took your advise by changing my password the moment the guy finished registering me. The dude is actually in the US, we have a mutual friend. Hope ETS won't be quick to withdraw the scores I've sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 26, 2016
gunther6:

Them don decide? champagne is on ice here o
I should hear back from them befr the end of this week. na funding be the koko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 26, 2016
ProfTPE:

This is called one chance. It happened to a friend. The agent that registered him challenged the transaction and the money was refunded. ETS withheld his score and he was told to pay $235.
Scammers are everywhere. I pray you get out of this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 12:17am On Apr 26, 2016
ProfTPE:

Okay chief. Please I've sent you a PM. I'll like to ask a few more questions. By the way, I think I remember you mentioned it sometimes ago. I took your advise by changing my password the moment the guy finished registering me. The dude is actually in the US, we have a mutual friend. Hope ETS won't be quick to withdraw the scores I've sent.

Replied!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by motifoluwasolami: 12:52am On Apr 26, 2016
Holudarey01:

The reason i called the administrative secretary is because the graduate coordinator has not been responding to my mails.

so my frustration is that i am still being reffered back to him, and i mailed him again yesterday, no reply. thanks for your suggestion though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 26, 2016
motifoluwasolami:

The reason i called the administrative secretary is because the graduate coordinator has not been responding to my mails.

so my frustration is that i am still being reffered back to him, and i mailed him again yesterday, no reply. thanks for your suggestion though

call him. He must reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Sirmuel1(m): 2:12am On Apr 26, 2016
Please someone should help me with this.

How do I get transcript from my secondary school? Besides, I wanna use my GCE which was written in another school.

Someone should please help me, very urgent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 2:30am On Apr 26, 2016
safex101:

Okay thanks, Will start applying for USA schs, hopefully it will work out, if not then I will pick up the offers I have from some "good schools" in UK.

Don't even dare UK schools except you hv a job already in naija

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 3:23am On Apr 26, 2016
am dressed and ready to face seme border to pay my sevis fee. wish me luck everyone.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 3:28am On Apr 26, 2016
gunther6:

angry is dickoflife the same as ashbammy ? Oga you are not invited tongue
oya come make we gather go cotonou nah.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 26, 2016
dickoflife:
am dressed and ready to face seme border to pay my sevis fee. wish me luck everyone.
why put yourself in this Israelite journey when you can save money by simply asking someone on this thread to help you pay in U.S. Anyway, all the best. Its the struggle

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Sirmuel1:
Please someone should help me with this.

How do I get transcript from my secondary school? Besides, I wanna use my GCE which was written in another school.

Someone should please help me, very urgent.
look for your school letter head and do some CorelDraw magic. Its just an advise.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 26, 2016
motifoluwasolami:

Don't appear desperate

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 6:04am On Apr 26, 2016
slimmy2005:
why put yourself in this Israelite journey when you can save money by simply asking someone on this thread to help you pay in U.S. Anyway, all the best. Its the struggle
my soul tells me to do the journey. i have friends and family who can even pay for me or i send the cash later but i feel i should go. i sound stupid right? no wahala. thanks for the advice sha. i dey bus going to badagry o. e never full.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 6:33am On Apr 26, 2016
slimmy2005:

I think say na only me dey surprised ni.........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 6:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Lol...wait and see!

imperiouxx:

Excuse me, how do they do that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bartino: 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Holudarey01:

this. one na die o.
what's the way forward ?
@gunther6, I believe the main reason why it is challenging for such profiles to get funding is most likely going all the way to a phd with your undergraduate. You might have fantastic test scores but I don't believe that is the main stuff they look at. I think there is a step by step process to everything. Even the Americans rarely take such swing to phD and even if they do, that person must be smart, and also remember you are an international student and they don't totally trust what you come with. Here you see many Indians who got above a 100 in TOEFL, and they can't even make a complete sentence so how did they get high scores in speaking? So those schools are top schools and you have people who have had masters degree gunning for same spot as you, so it's challenging. I don't know if this helps. Thanks, just keep hope high!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bartino: 7:06am On Apr 26, 2016
AshBammy:

Thank you.
Will consider it.
You are really helpful
I think slimmy has said it all. Well I can also tell you to check the website of your school or department were you have the TA offer to see if you can find any clue about the responsibilities of a TA I guess that's also a clue to be proactive about questions you might be asked. Thanks, best wishes!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2016
dickoflife:
oya come make we gather go cotonou nah.

Are you in the 'adult trafficking' business? Wetin u wan carry me go do for Cotonou? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bartino: 7:18am On Apr 26, 2016
motifoluwasolami:

Hey, you don't need to panick. These guys are busy guys so don't except them to be available at every given time. Here is what I will suggest. There are two ways to go about the call. First is through the graduate school itself then next is the department. If you call the grad school they will inform you if your file is with the department or has returned from the department but if they are not picking up call your department HOD. If he doesn't pick and you didn't get any mail and your patience is running out call/ mail a professor in the department and politely inform him about your interest in the grad school in the department and the situation he will assist you get a hold of things. It happened to me when I applied to Tennessee state university that's how I got a hold of the grad coordinator. Just be proactive instead of seeming desperate. I wish you the best! Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.