Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,460 members, 7,861,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (792764 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2015
Hello everyone, I would like to know if after applying to a school and getting admitted, will I have to pay for the tuition before applying for a visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by goryorhal(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2015
Canberra55:
Ok peeps. New to the room.I salute all of una patapata. Plannin to take the SAT IN november. Abeg does anybody in here know of some schools that grant full tuition to international freshman students. I kno of some schools but an additional school from you could help a friend. I hail all of una.

abeg list those schools .
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2015
imperiouxx:
@ kun1011, awe2015 and Yjc07

Cheers guys!

Thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wissy47: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2015
Canberra55:
Ok peeps. New to the room.I salute all of una patapata. Plannin to take the SAT IN november. Abeg does anybody in here know of some schools that grant full tuition to international freshman students. I kno of some schools but an additional school from you could help a friend. I hail all of una.

Bros u fit holla me some of those school u already know thankz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2015
As it stands, na only Uni. Of Alabama at Huntsville remain fo my mind o. Afta many weeks of researchin, i had Florida Int'l Uni., ;GEORGE WASHINGTO uni., and Uni of Cincinnati ohio in mind, but for som reason i kudnt register for d OCT SAT exam so i had to resort to startin d research again for 3 extra schools since Scholarship application deadline for those oda 3 schools is Nov1. There is also Emory univ in Georgia; may God help us.
wissy47:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2015
There is also MVSU ...BUT THEY DONT DO ENGINEERING
Canberra55:
As it stands, na only Uni. Of Alabama at Huntsville remain fo my mind o. Afta many weeks of researchin, i had Florida Int'l Uni., ;GEORGE WASHINGTO uni., and Uni of Cincinnati ohio in mind, but for som reason i kudnt register for d OCT SAT exam so i had to resort to startin d research again for 3 extra schools since Scholarship application deadline for those oda 3 schools is Nov1. There is also Emory univ in Georgia; may God help us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2015
Boss, I was referring to school of mines because their tuition for international std is like $38k.I got admission there and couldn't get any fund after deferring for like two semesters.Lol.Every individual case is different anyways.. Cheers
imperiouxx:

What's good with you my brother? In bold above, were you talking about that particular school of mining or schools in NM all combined? I schooled in NM and got funded throughout. Likewise other graduate colleagues in the school. Another thread member here got accepted to another school in NM with funding. NM schools are among the cheapest in tuition in U.S. Cost of living too makes sense than other parts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2015
Canberra55:
There is also MVSU ...BUT THEY DONT DO ENGINEERING
Good. Keep the ball rolling!

You're a good boy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2015
Canberra55:

@bold

When you checked our profile here did you see tribal marks on our face

When you said you knew some schools and yet asking for more, are you planning to apply to 50 schools

Your sound funny with the bold part and in one word you don't know any school but trying to deceive yourself but thought you will deceive people here as if they are dullard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2015
goryorhal:

abeg list those schools .
Thanks

Sharp guy.

I like this ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2015
wissy47:

In profojah's voice, your head is valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:19am On Sep 23, 2015
Canberra55:

You try no be small, just keep searching and you can try MIIT and Harvard as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
You know what? i've seen a lotta ppls thankin u for some type of help u rendered to 'em sometime ago. And i tot it ws very appreciativ of them. My question: do u tink i gain anytin frm wantin to deceive ppl? Also, If i have 2 skuls in mind,is it morally or grammatically wrong to say i hav "SOME" skuls in mind? Don't yu think u r tryna to degrade yoself? In my earlier post,i asked to for oda skuls...jus to do a proper comparison. I dnt tink it's a crime to avoid replyin a post wen ur reply only tries to induce friction wit pple. I dnt tink i was rude in anyway wit my earlier post.I stil respect yur though. '
Walspring:

@bold

When you checked our profile here did you see tribal marks on our face

When you said you knew some schools and yet asking for more, are you planning to apply to 50 schools

Your sound funny with the bold part and in one word you don't know any school but trying to deceive yourself but thought you will deceive people here as if they are dullard

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
If yu have a skul or two(not necessarily the Ivy league) in mind ,that kud b helpful a lot. Thanks.
Canberra55:
You know what? i've seen a lotta ppls thankin u for some type of help u rendered to 'em sometime ago. And i tot it ws very appreciativ of them. My question: do u tink i gain anytin frm wantin to deceive ppl? Also, If i have 2 skuls in mind,is it morally or grammatically wrong to say i hav "SOME" skuls in mind? Don't yu think u r tryna to degrade yoself? In my earlier post,i asked to for oda skuls...jus to do a proper comparison. I dnt tink it's a crime to avoid replyin a post wen ur reply only tries to induce friction wit pple. I dnt tink i was rude in anyway wit my earlier post.I stil respect yur though. '
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
Canberra55:

Okay and boss you ain't rude at all but that's my own controversial opinion and thought maybe I was wrong with that because of my imagination here..

Lemme add this bro, full scholarship requires extra additional documents such as SAT, Essay, recommendation letters and others, although I personally haven't come across school with full ride but 50%

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
zeezahbee:
am good Kenny, been so busy jawe. work and school no easy. hope you enjoying usa
Thanks am enjoying it oooo, but it not easy ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
djmakson:

What then happens in a situation where one loses his/her passport while in US (say B1/B2 or even on F1)? How does one clear the 'mess'? Please clarify.
If you lose your passport, you go to your embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
icey20:
Hello everyone, I would like to know if after applying to a school and getting admitted, will I have to pay for the tuition before applying for a visa?
Most schools in the US, doesn't request for tuition until u arrive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
kennyrony:
Most schools in the US, doesn't request for tuition until u arrive.
Thanks man...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by virginice: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

I would also stress that what you really wouldn't want to happen is get randomly selected for an interview or have some kind of problem with your application. How would you get out of the US to come retrieve your passport that you sent to Nigeria (illegally)?
Thanks! Then the drop box "to me" is useless...mailed the embassy and got a feedback but thanks for the info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Femora002: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yjc07:
I was asked to pick up my passport tomorrow at GSS document collection center Abuja,but when I check on its website d status says *passport still will the America Embassy*...Does it mean it won't be available for collection tomorrow as instructed?

Hey bro. How did it go. I hope you got your visa. Pls drop your digit I need to ask you something. ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
What kind of job is an international graduate student free, partially free or wouldn't enter 'gbese" to do in USA...Note that the student has an SSN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
akin3102:
Boss, I was referring to school of mines because their tuition for international std is like $38k.I got admission there and couldn't get any fund after deferring for like two semesters.Lol.Every individual case is different anyways.. Cheers

Ok. I didn't get it when you said NM is expensive but I got you now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
djmakson:

What then happens in a situation where one loses his/her passport while in US (say B1/B2 or even on F1)? How does one clear the 'mess'? Please clarify.

With about $120 processing fee, you will get your new Nigerian passport back in various locations in U.S.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sorbitalll:
What kind of job is an international graduate student free, partially free or wouldn't enter 'gbese" doing in USA...Note that the student has an SSN

You're free to do any ON CAMPUS JOBS ONLY. If on GA, you will only be allowed to work 20hr/wk for the position you're designated to by the GRADUATE SCHOOL ONLY. Every other position outside this is illegal and if caught by the grad school, your GA may be terminated and if caught by DHS..... you might end up on a removal procedure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by seun407: 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
Please what's the equivalent of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
imperiouxx:

You're free to do any ON CAMPUS JOBS ONLY. If on GA, you will only be allowed to work 20hr/wk for the position you're designated to by the GRADUATE SCHOOL ONLY. Every other position outside this is illegal and if caught by the grad school, your GA may be terminated and if caught by DHS..... you might end up on a removal procedure.

Thanks alot...but what about summer term when no GA job to do. Must i still be restricted to on-the campus jobs or can get another n$/hr job else where
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sorbitalll:

Thanks alot...but what about summer term when no GA job to do. Must i still be restricted to on-the campus jobs or can get another n$/hr job else where

During summer, you can work full time on campus. Anything outside of campus is still illegal except with CPT authorization.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
Copy that! Thanks bruh.
Walspring:

Okay and boss you ain't rude at all but that's my own controversial opinion and thought maybe I was wrong with that because of my imagination here..

Lemme add this bro, full scholarship requires extra additional documents such as SAT, Essay, recommendation letters and others, although I personally haven't come across school with full ride but 50%
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Kindly list universities can give waiver for sat and every other standardized exams ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Cassie56: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
Good evening all,I'm a graduate of biochemistry with a gpa of 3.9.im currently serving and I would want to begin a masters programme after my nysc. I would like to know about schools that offer great public health programmes along with how affordable they are and their acceptance rates.

Right now I need a starting point , what exams do I write , what do I need, how do I go about it and all. This is a great thread but it's pretty massive so I can't possibly read every page so I would appreciate your response.
Keep up the good work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Canberra55:
Copy that! Thanks bruh.

Let's give the thanks to God

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.