Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787085 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mike1994reds: 9:59pm On May 11, 2016
warriboy21:

if u can ask msnas to chase quickpay me d moni...nd u send me ur coupon numba(make sure its correct)...i can pay it today n u will get confirmation in 2hrs max wink
jus trying to help smiley...

hmm thread is now calm..i think somone is cooling off his heels or taking break in nairaland kirikiri cool

thank you bro, she has finally paid even though she feels offended, msnas, i'm really really sorry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mike1994reds: 10:20pm On May 11, 2016
mr aadeyi, thanks for d swift response, she was able to pay at d end, i'm sorry i.couldnt respond.to my mail. cant thank her enough, it cost her time, work,fuel, energy. thank y'all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 10:50pm On May 11, 2016
quick question peeps. abeg if i book my interview on a friday and i am issued the visa when will i pick it up? the tuesday following it or the wednesday?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 10:51pm On May 11, 2016
Mine too ooo

Fortissimo:

Yes oooo....You go get 'em girl!! I thought you were doing July.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 11:05pm On May 11, 2016
Hello house. I just received an offer of admission from UTA. Pls, how do I go about contacting professors for GA? abeg gurus in the house, I need your advice. Also,is anyone in UTA or going this fall?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 11:09pm On May 11, 2016
dickoflife:
quick question peeps. abeg if i book my interview on a friday and i am issued the visa when will i pick it up? the tuesday following it or the wednesday?

It depends. Normally, it should get ready within 3 days, sometimes it is ready in 2 days sometimes it may take more than 3 days to be ready. During my time, my interview was on a Wednesday, I got approved at about 1pm, by Thursday evening the next day at around 6pm I received a text message that my passport with visa was ready for pick up and I picked up my passport by 8am on Friday and left Abuja that very same day back to the east. Overall, mine was ready in about 30 hours or less than 2 days.

Sometimes, there are often delays in getting the visa ready, for up to a week. But I guess, using the example you gave, you can expect it by Wednesday at most.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 11:12pm On May 11, 2016
lionlee216:
I just read it that the visa fee will increase by Wednesday. is it possible for me to just pay the visa fee now and book appointment later?

Yes of course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 11:17pm On May 11, 2016
don4ye:
nobody is increasing anything.. U can pay and load ur cash..

He may be right though. It is on the US embassy's website that the current exchange rate of N197 to $1 being used will expire next Tuesday, 5/17/2016. Meaning that the new exchange rate will either be higher or lower, the possibility of being higher being more stronger.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 11, 2016
malory84:
Hello house. I just received an offer of admission from UTA. Pls, how do I go about contacting professors for GA? abeg gurus in the house, I need your advice. Also,is anyone in UTA or going this fall?

Congrats...Austin or Arlington?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 11, 2016
I think the exchange rate is dependent on the Nigerian government. That is, the US embassy will go with the prevailing official rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 11, 2016
monsieur2016:
Mine too ooo

You'll do fine, boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 11:20pm On May 11, 2016
Fortissimo:

Congrats...Austin or Arlington?
University of Arlington .Thanks alot dear. Na funding I dey find now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:21pm On May 11, 2016
bigfrancis21:

He may be right though. It is on the US embassy's website that the current exchange rate of N197 to $1 being used will expire next Tuesday, 5/17/2016. Meaning that the new exchange rate will either be higher or lower, the possibility of being higher being more stronger.

I guess the new exchange rate will be $200 and I don't think it will exceed the CBN official rate..

In few days time we will know the new cost.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 11, 2016
Walspring:

I guess the new exchange rate will be $200 and I don't think it will exceed the CBN official rate..

In few days time we will know the new cost.

Yeah i suspect it will stay the same except Naija officially devalues. I think the expiry date was put there so they can update the rate if Nigeria devalues the naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 11, 2016
malory84:

University of Arlington .Thanks alot dear. Na funding I dey find now.

Okay nice one. I think there are a number of Arlington peeps around. Also I remember someone posting a few pages back on how to contact profs, dept, etc for GAs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 11:34pm On May 11, 2016
Fortissimo:

You'll do fine, boss.
ma interview na next week. Ny special tips?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:13am On May 12, 2016
dickoflife:
see ur head like nkwobi pot
Mmmeeeeeehhhh tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:24am On May 12, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Baba oo! I was just asking after you from someone like 2 days ago. How have you been? It's been really long oo!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:26am On May 12, 2016
malory84:
UT Austin?, awhhhhh... My dream school, congrats... Tell me was it that hard getting their admission? Heard it's quite competitive... I am scared already. What's your Gre score. What course did you apply for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:48am On May 12, 2016
Adazlolly:
UT Austin?, awhhhhh... My dream school, congrats... Tell me was it that hard getting their admission? Heard it's quite competitive... I am scared already. What's your Gre score. What course did you apply for?

I believe University of Texas at Austin adopted the UT abbreviation while University of Texas at Arlington uses UTA. The poster has clarified...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:18am On May 12, 2016
ProfTPE:

I believe University of Texas at Austin adopted the UT abbreviation while University of Texas at Arlington uses UTA. The poster has clarified...
Yeah, just saw that,

Is anyone in UT Austin? Or Texas A&M... Those questions still needs some answers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 1:23am On May 12, 2016
malory84:

What major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Senatorbee(m): 2:45am On May 12, 2016
please anybody with the interview transcript link Shud kindly post it here for me. I will be greatful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by whizfem(m): 3:11am On May 12, 2016
Mekurexx:
If you need some usd, i have $200 cash i want to change to naira. PM me if you need some usd

Please check your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brawnmoney(m): 4:01am On May 12, 2016
In, and out DMV Stanton!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pattyreal(f): 4:38am On May 12, 2016
malory84:

I know this moniker very well from GBU...how are you doing? i just sent u a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:42am On May 12, 2016
brawnmoney:
In, and out DMV Stanton!
Nice

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cseejhay: 6:56am On May 12, 2016
ogami sirs: slimmy2005, warryboy and deetus....itll be one of my greatest achievement to be able to make peace btw u guys when i finally ball in obamaland....this will give my great joy and satisfaction....we would enjoy having you guys live as allies than live as foes.....make una no say i too small oo....these three, respect so much. itll give me greater joy should u guys start living differently before i land that way.....biko! eseun in anticipation!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 8:13am On May 12, 2016
Walspring:

Eyah... Why won't you get issues with your network when people like you are using Manage The Network (MTN)

Can you believe say na Airtell i dey use sef..And Airtell no dey open Nairaland at times..Funny isnt it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 9:08am On May 12, 2016
pattyreal:

I know this moniker very well from GBU...how are you doing? i just sent u a PM

Lol. I know you too. I am doing great. Thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bolaji92: 9:57am On May 12, 2016
Hello Good Morning House,am a silent reader on the platform and appreciate your contribution on this forum,please i will need directions and guide on how to pay my Sevis Fee and when to pay for visa application fee as well.

Your good response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.