Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784448 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 12, 2016
dickoflife:
i have written over 40 questions out for perusal. God dey

Lol overkill! It's better to be over prepared than under prepared sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 9:40pm On May 12, 2016
Came into this thread last year with that great aim of getting the very best of info to actualizing dt dream of moving over for a graduate program. Indeed i must say you guys have been so instrumental irrespective of the fact that i got denied by all the four schools i applied. Yeh a low UG gpa and the schools not recognizing a PGD. No knowledge is lost. Took a bold step and made alternative plans and have gotten three (3) offers presently from some UK universities,still waiting for others all the same. Probably i can use the masters i hope to get to apply for a ph.d in the states. Thanks to y'all for d encouragement...bigfrancis,mekeurex,sirriddy,warriboy,holoudarey,...and a couple of guys i cant remember at d moment. U guys have been pillars. I surely will come up here to testify aswell. You guys rock.. And for those waiting to tk dat bold step into dt hall,i wish u d very best,favour from on high,grace...grace...grace.. I see many of u getting ur visas.. Mekeurex be ready to grab it. Switching over to the UK thread. God bless y'all.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 12, 2016
fizzile:
Came into this thread last year with that great aim of getting the very best of info to actualizing dt dream of moving over for a graduate program. Indeed i must say you guys have been so instrumental irrespective of the fact that i got denied by all the four schools i applied. Yeh a low UG gpa and the schools not recognizing a PGD. No knowledge is lost. Took a bold step and made alternative plans and have gotten three (3) offers presently from some UK universities,still waiting for others all the same. Probably i can use the masters i hope to get to apply for a ph.d in the states. Thanks to y'all for d encouragement...bigfrancis,mekeurex,sirriddy,warriboy,holoudarey,...and a couple of guys i cant remember at d moment. U guys have been pillars. I surely will come up here to testify aswell. You guys rock.. And for those waiting to tk dat bold step into dt hall,i wish u d very best,favour from on high,grace...grace...grace.. I see many of u getting ur visas.. Mekeurex be ready to grab it. Switching over to the UK thread. God bless y'all.
all the best bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 12, 2016
At fizzile, I didn't think of that. UK masters would definitely work, then you do phd in US. I think its a very good plan instead of bothering yourself trying to get into a low ranked US school. Blast your UK masters and you'll definitely have good options for PhD. You'll still do GRE sha. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hrmajesty: 10:24pm On May 12, 2016
imperiouxx:

Why NJ or NY?
but your suggestion is welcome tho. NY and NJ re my preferd state. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:27pm On May 12, 2016
Good evening house, Visa was approved today at US consulate, Lagos. I have to take out time to appreciate everyone; deetus(for his help with my SOP critique) imperiouxx, slimmy, santaclause, snazzygirl, zeezahbee, bigfrancis, walspring, biikeys, bbdd, happney65 and all other gurus in the house, everyone on this thread is appreciated.
Special shoutouts to my ogas in the game too; SirRiddy, Holudarey01 and Fortissimo (Thanks for the morale..Your heads are valid in profojah's thick voice *lol*). And of course adorable Rhemmie91 (thanks for being there since undergraduate days).

Got to the embassy some few minutes before 10am for my 11am interview. At about 15 mins before 11, we joined the queue and we headed in. Thanks to all the gurus here, I was quite familiar with the process and very few things seem strange to me. After the security checks, we were directed into the hall. Contrary to my thought that we will still chill a bit after the biometric verification and all(mehn, they directed us to join the queue ni straight up), then a lady directed me to window 7. The V.O was interviewing a lady while I wait in line. I could hear some of their conversation(mehn I dey there oo but my mind don travel). After she concluded with the lady, I just dey there oo, I nor gree go her front(make she nor think say I dey do oversabi), then she beckoned on me to step forward.

V.O: Good morning, can you pass me your passport and your i20.
Me: Good morning ma, Here they are.
V.O: What will your research be about?
Me: I will be working with Dr. Bleep on the development of alternative synthetic routes for natural products using oxyallyl and triphosgene.
V.O: oh..ok, so what's the essence of the synthesis(cant remember the exact way the question was structured)?
Me: Natural products are obtained from plants and to get a small quantity of natural product we might have to exhaust a vast amount of plant. So we will be working on alternative routes to synthesizing these natural products.
V.O: So how did you know about this school?
Me: It was referenced (mehn, fear make recommended disappear comot for my head) to me by one of my lecturers. He did his graduate study there.
V.O: I can see you have assistantship.
Me: Yes ma
V.O: Is it a research assistantship or a teaching assistantship?
Me: It is a Teaching assistantship.
V.O: I will be approving your visa, you can pick up your passport from the circled location by Tuesday, and there's a briefing organized by education Usa. It's coming up......can't remember everything she said.
Me: Just nodding, thank you very much ma.
In all, it was just God grace. Can't say I was eloquent(my voice dey cut) but it was God al the way.
Many more success stories to come by God grace.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 12, 2016
Cutemorgan nice one. Has anyone been to any of the educationusa briefings? What's it about? How come some VOs mention it and others dont?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:30pm On May 12, 2016
Holudarey01:

Baba don get visa o.
Congrats boss mi.
na me remain o. Perfect birthday present
I'm still your boy oga mi... Yours too very soon by God grace sir

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:32pm On May 12, 2016
monsieur2016:
Congrats....i tap into ur testimony

All is well. Your success transcript is here already by God grace. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:35pm On May 12, 2016
happney65:

Can you believe say na Airtell i dey use sef..And Airtell no dey open Nairaland at times..Funny isnt it?

It doesn't open front page but it open other pages
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:39pm On May 12, 2016
cutemorgan:
Good evening house, Visa was approved today at US consulate, Lagos. I have to take out time to appreciate everyone; deetus(for his help with my SOP critique) imperiouxx, slimmy, santaclause, snazzygirl, zeezahbee, bigfrancis, walspring, biikeys, bbdd, happney65 and all other gurus in the house, everyone on this thread is appreciated.
Special shoutouts to my ogas in the game too; SirRiddy, Holudarey01 and Fortissimo (Thanks for the morale..Your heads are valid in profojah's thick voice *lol*). And of course adorable Rhemmie91 (thanks for being there since undergraduate days).

Got to the embassy some few minutes before 10am for my 11am interview. At about 15 mins before 11, we joined the queue and we headed in. Thanks to all the gurus here, I was quite familiar with the process and very few things seem strange to me. After the security checks, we were directed into the hall. Contrary to my thought that we will still chill a bit after the biometric verification and all(mehn, they directed us to join the queue ni straight up), then a lady directed me to window 7. The V.O was interviewing a lady while I wait in line. I could hear some of their conversation(mehn I dey there oo but my mind don travel). After she concluded with the lady, I just dey there oo, I nor gree go her front(make she nor think say I dey do oversabi), then she beckoned on me to step forward.

V.O: Good morning, can you pass me your passport and your i20.
Me: Good morning ma, Here they are.
V.O: What will your research be about?
Me: I will be working with Dr. Bleep on the development of alternative synthetic routes for natural products using oxyallyl and triphosgene.
V.O: oh..ok, so what's the essence of the synthesis(cant remember the exact way the question was structured)?
Me: Natural products are obtained from plants and to get a small quantity of natural product we might have to exhaust a vast amount of plant. So we will be working on alternative routes to synthesizing these natural products.
V.O: So how did you know about this school?
Me: It was referenced (mehn, fear make recommended disappear comot for my head) to me by one of my lecturers. He did his graduate study there.
V.O: I can see you have assistantship.
Me: Yes ma
V.O: Is it a research assistantship or a teaching assistantship?
Me: It is a Teaching assistantship.
V.O: I will be approving your visa, you can pick up your passport from the circled location by Tuesday, and there's a briefing organized by education Usa. It's coming up......can't remember everything she said.
Me: Just nodding, thank you very much ma.
In all, it was just God grace. Can't say I was eloquent(my voice dey cut) but it was God al the way.
Many more success stories to come by God grace.

Amen.... Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland..

Are you a member of educationUsa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 12, 2016
who EducationUSA epp?
Congrats cutemorgan. Now you can relax cool
Fortissimo:
Cutemorgan nice one. Has anyone been to any of the educationusa briefings? What's it about? How come some VOs mention it and others dont?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:43pm On May 12, 2016
brightify:
congrats bro, abeg share your transcript
Thanks boss... I dropped the transcript already sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 12, 2016
sirRiddy:
who EducationUSA epp?

cheesy e be like say e dey help some people o.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:47pm On May 12, 2016
@ fizzile,

If you're in science field, try invest in research while you're doing the master in UK. That way, consideration for a doctorate program in US will be smooth. Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:48pm On May 12, 2016
cutemorgan:
Good evening house, Visa was approved today at US consulate, Lagos.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:50pm On May 12, 2016
Fortissimo:
Thanks Fortissimo baba... my oga!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:51pm On May 12, 2016
Dominicumoh:

Thanks a bunch for your concern...The VO gave me those reasons because I was bold to ask him after I was rejected a second time.
It may be difficult to get a scholarship now because I've already schedule an appointment for next week Friday. I just need advise on how to get it done successfully.

Bro... Do you ask yourself why VO gave you that answer after asking why the denial second time

kindly think deep of that VO's answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:51pm On May 12, 2016
Walspring:

Amen.... Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland..

Are you a member of educationUsa
Thanks so much boss mi.. No sir, I'm not a member of educationusa.. Na una for here dey nurture us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:52pm On May 12, 2016
sirRiddy:
who EducationUSA epp?
Thanks Riddy baba... Yes boss!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:53pm On May 12, 2016
imperiouxx:

Cheers!
Thanks boss imperiouxx... I really appreciate sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2016
hrmajesty:
but your suggestion is welcome tho. NY and NJ re my preferd state. Thanks in advance.

If it's only preference for those states, then you're limiting your chance of getting admitted plus cost of studying in NY is high. NJ follows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:55pm On May 12, 2016
cutemorgan:

Thanks boss imperiouxx... I really appreciate sir

I know it's long overdue. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:57pm On May 12, 2016
worry359:

You can not just buy a visa like yams at the market!
You must convince the visa officer that you have a valid reason for the visa,
but more so you must prove that you will return home after your visit.

I think he is talking about paying for visa fee and not visa issued by embassy

Holudarey01:

Sharp guy.
Why not wait for admission first.
It's just like paying for sevis when you're about to write GRE

If he can perceive that the admission is sure, it's not a bad idea to pay for visa fee since he is afraid that the price will increase just as the same way PMS fee increased over night and am sure if some people are aware they would have purchase 100 litres and keep it at home and sustain with it for the main time gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:58pm On May 12, 2016
imperiouxx:

I know it's long overdue. grin
All thanks to God sir cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:04pm On May 12, 2016
dicapino:
What's passport book number ...ASAP....

Click does not apply

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:04pm On May 12, 2016
cutemorgan:

Thanks so much boss mi.. No sir, I'm not a member of educationusa.. Na una for here dey nurture us

Okay big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:08pm On May 12, 2016
Holudarey01:

all the best bro
Tnx bro,we surely will meet at the other side. Thnx for everytn.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 12, 2016
Good luck with your future aspirations, bro.
fizzile:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2016
Fortissimo:
At fizzile, I didn't think of that. UK masters would definitely work, then you do phd in US. I think its a very good plan instead of bothering yourself trying to get into a low ranked US school. Blast your UK masters and you'll definitely have good options for PhD. You'll still do GRE sha. Nice one.
Absolutely bro. GRE naa sure..make I nack dis Masters first. Ur head is valid. Inshort dis one na fantastically coordinated dude. Prime Cameron don teach us "fantastically".

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:13pm On May 12, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ fizzile,

If you're in science field, try invest in research while you're doing the master in UK. That way, consideration for a doctorate program in US will be smooth. Best!
Nice one bro. Fantastically valid point. Will sure do dat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 11:17pm On May 12, 2016
fizzile:
All the best boss... All is well by God grace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.