Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783839 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 11:25pm On May 12, 2016
Walspring:

Amen.... Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland..

Are you a member of educationUsa
g
I no know..am elated that the babe mentioned me sha..Am Blushin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:29pm On May 12, 2016
happney65:

g
I no know..am elated that the babe mentioned me sha..Am Blushin

Which babe mention you

You must be dreaming gringringrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:48pm On May 12, 2016
cutemorgan:
All the best boss... All is well by God grace.
tnx bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by whizfem(m): 1:47am On May 13, 2016
Mekurexx:
OK, Replied

Replied also,hope to hear from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by whizfem(m): 1:50am On May 13, 2016
Any nairalander in Knoxville TN, perhaps University of Tennessee,lets hook up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:29am On May 13, 2016
Dat guy considering UK for master's I won't advice u go... UK schools just want ur money.. After graduating....de literally ask you to leave the next day... No opt no nutin.... No residency....

Pls keep on trying USA.. It will favor n save u more money especially now Dat dollars and pounds r not smiling
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:01am On May 13, 2016
Walspring:

I think he is talking about paying for visa fee and not visa issued by embassy

If he can perceive that the admission is sure, it's not a bad idea to pay for visa fee since he is afraid that the price will increase just as the same way PMS fee increased over night and am sure if some people are aware they would have purchase 100 litres and keep it at home and sustain with it for the main time gringringrin
lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:02am On May 13, 2016
cutemorgan:
I'm still your boy oga mi... Yours too very soon by God grace sir
amen. thanks boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:10am On May 13, 2016
cutemorgan:
Good evening house, Visa was approved today at US consulate, Lagos. I have to take out time to appreciate everyone; deetus(for his help with my SOP critique) imperiouxx, slimmy, santaclause, snazzygirl, zeezahbee, bigfrancis, walspring, biikeys, bbdd, happney65 and all other gurus in the house, everyone on this thread is appreciated.
Special shoutouts to my ogas in the game too; SirRiddy, Holudarey01 and Fortissimo (Thanks for the morale..Your heads are valid in profojah's thick voice *lol*). And of course adorable Rhemmie91 (thanks for being there since undergraduate days).

Got to the embassy some few minutes before 10am for my 11am interview. At about 15 mins before 11, we joined the queue and we headed in. Thanks to all the gurus here, I was quite familiar with the process and very few things seem strange to me. After the security checks, we were directed into the hall. Contrary to my thought that we will still chill a bit after the biometric verification and all(mehn, they directed us to join the queue ni straight up), then a lady directed me to window 7. The V.O was interviewing a lady while I wait in line. I could hear some of their conversation(mehn I dey there oo but my mind don travel). After she concluded with the lady, I just dey there oo, I nor gree go her front(make she nor think say I dey do oversabi), then she beckoned on me to step forward.

V.O: Good morning, can you pass me your passport and your i20.
Me: Good morning ma, Here they are.
V.O: What will your research be about?
Me: I will be working with Dr. Bleep on the development of alternative synthetic routes for natural products using oxyallyl and triphosgene.
V.O: oh..ok, so what's the essence of the synthesis(cant remember the exact way the question was structured)?
Me: Natural products are obtained from plants and to get a small quantity of natural product we might have to exhaust a vast amount of plant. So we will be working on alternative routes to synthesizing these natural products.
V.O: So how did you know about this school?
Me: It was referenced (mehn, fear make recommended disappear comot for my head) to me by one of my lecturers. He did his graduate study there.
V.O: I can see you have assistantship.
Me: Yes ma
V.O: Is it a research assistantship or a teaching assistantship?
Me: It is a Teaching assistantship.
V.O: I will be approving your visa, you can pick up your passport from the circled location by Tuesday, and there's a briefing organized by education Usa. It's coming up......can't remember everything she said.
Me: Just nodding, thank you very much ma.
In all, it was just God grace. Can't say I was eloquent(my voice dey cut) but it was God al the way.
Many more success stories to come by God grace.

Congrats mate! grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:17am On May 13, 2016
cutemorgan:
Good evening house, Visa was approved today at US consulate, Lagos. I have to take out time to appreciate everyone; deetus(for his help with my SOP critique) imperiouxx, slimmy, santaclause, snazzygirl, zeezahbee, bigfrancis, walspring, biikeys, bbdd, happney65 and all other gurus in the house, everyone on this thread is appreciated.
Special shoutouts to my ogas in the game too; SirRiddy, Holudarey01 and Fortissimo (Thanks for the morale..Your heads are valid in profojah's thick voice *lol*). And of course adorable Rhemmie91 (thanks for being there since undergraduate days).

Got to the embassy some few minutes before 10am for my 11am interview. At about 15 mins before 11, we joined the queue and we headed in. Thanks to all the gurus here, I was quite familiar with the process and very few things seem strange to me. After the security checks, we were directed into the hall. Contrary to my thought that we will still chill a bit after the biometric verification and all(mehn, they directed us to join the queue ni straight up), then a lady directed me to window 7. The V.O was interviewing a lady while I wait in line. I could hear some of their conversation(mehn I dey there oo but my mind don travel). After she concluded with the lady, I just dey there oo, I nor gree go her front(make she nor think say I dey do oversabi), then she beckoned on me to step forward.

V.O: Good morning, can you pass me your passport and your i20.
Me: Good morning ma, Here they are.
V.O: What will your research be about?
Me: I will be working with Dr. Bleep on the development of alternative synthetic routes for natural products using oxyallyl and triphosgene.
V.O: oh..ok, so what's the essence of the synthesis(cant remember the exact way the question was structured)?
Me: Natural products are obtained from plants and to get a small quantity of natural product we might have to exhaust a vast amount of plant. So we will be working on alternative routes to synthesizing these natural products.
V.O: So how did you know about this school?
Me: It was referenced (mehn, fear make recommended disappear comot for my head) to me by one of my lecturers. He did his graduate study there.
V.O: I can see you have assistantship.
Me: Yes ma
V.O: Is it a research assistantship or a teaching assistantship?
Me: It is a Teaching assistantship.
V.O: I will be approving your visa, you can pick up your passport from the circled location by Tuesday, and there's a briefing organized by education Usa. It's coming up......can't remember everything she said.
Me: Just nodding, thank you very much ma.
In all, it was just God grace. Can't say I was eloquent(my voice dey cut) but it was God al the way.
Many more success stories to come by God grace.

Congrats once again..
This is how you know gurus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:36am On May 13, 2016
To other fall 16 guys hitting the embassy soon.
Dickoflife (baba ibe) , SirRiddy, purplesummer, gunter6, calfavour, NairaSea23 , et al. The list is endless. Wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AshBammy(f): 6:46am On May 13, 2016
Holudarey01:
Dickoflife (baba ibe) , SirRiddy, purplesummer, gunter6, calfavour, NairaSea23 , et al. The list is endless. Wish you all the best.

Amen
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 6:48am On May 13, 2016
Holudarey01:
To other fall 16 guys hitting the embassy soon... Wish you all the best.
Amen. Thanks. Wish you same.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 6:54am On May 13, 2016
Fortissimo:

Lol overkill! It's better to be over prepared than under prepared sha.
overkill ke me wey go carry grenade go. na dat be d mean of overkill.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 6:56am On May 13, 2016
warriboy21:
Dat guy considering UK for master's I won't advice u go... UK schools just want ur money.. After graduating....de literally ask you to leave the next day... No opt no nutin.... No residency....

Pls keep on trying USA.. It will favor n save u more money especially now Dat dollars and pounds r not smiling
Guess u've not been following developments and what made "the guy" take that decision to opt for UK. People have their different limitations and plans.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 7:11am On May 13, 2016
fizzile:
Guess u've not been following developments and what made "the guy" take that decision to opt for UK. People have their different limitations and plans.

U right though

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 7:29am On May 13, 2016
Walspring:

Click does not apply

Did so. Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by motifoluwasolami: 8:04am On May 13, 2016
congratulobia sir cutemorgan, ilena ha tu yi lara. sirriddy, fortissmo, dickoflife, holudarey etal, Iroyin ayo la ma gbooo. all the best guys

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by calfavour(f): 8:20am On May 13, 2016
AMEN!!!!
I'm asking for God's Favour in ALL for ALL.
Thanks Holudarey01

I'm really glad for all the GOODNEWS so far. God will perfect ALL that concerns US.

Wishing mike1994reds success today...we are waiting to hear your success transcript

Holudarey01:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 9:26am On May 13, 2016
Apparently you are in the US. You are not on whatsapp. I will send you my no so you call me or text( iMessage. Or if you have someone in nigeria that will help you do the transaction cuz what i have is cash
whizfem:

Replied also,hope to hear from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 9:31am On May 13, 2016
Its good that you "moved". We should all strive to move on from anytin unproductive in our lives. UK is still "obodo oyibo" so just make the best of the opportunity. The key is working hard to better past grades cuz for all of us heading out its is a new challenge regardless if its US, canada or wherever! Thanks for the encouragement! Amen!
fizzile:
Thanks to y'all for d encouragement...bigfrancis,mekeurex,sirriddy,warriboy,holoudarey,...and a couple of guys i cant remember at d moment. U guys have been pillars. I surely will come up here to testify aswell. You guys rock.. And for those waiting to tk dat bold step into dt hall,i wish u d very best,favour from on high,grace...grace...grace.. I see many of u getting ur visas.. Mekeurex be ready to grab it. Switching over to the UK thread. God bless y'all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 9:35am On May 13, 2016
Congrats @cutemorgan! When explaining technical-course related questions is it better to be descriptive or brief? So one doesnt give shallow answers and sound like he doesnt know what he is talking about. Pls advise...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:18am On May 13, 2016
whizfem:
Any nairalander in Knoxville TN, perhaps University of Tennessee,lets hook up
you going to UTK? or u schooling there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:21am On May 13, 2016
Walspring:

Which babe mention you
You must be dreaming gringringrin
he think say Cutemorgan na babe. lmao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:31am On May 13, 2016
Fortissimo:

cheesy e be like say e dey help some people o.
I know a first class guy who educationUSA help o.
He won their scholarship. They paid for his GRE TOEFL and app. Got admitted into Auburn university. Infact they would pay for his flight.
But not everybody can enjoy this offer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:34am On May 13, 2016
cutemorgan:
All thanks to God sir cheesy
this one na walspring's voice o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:30am On May 13, 2016
Holudarey01:

he think say Cutemorgan na babe.
lmao

Don't mind him... Nah because say he see cute
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:31am On May 13, 2016
Holudarey01:

this one na walspring's voice o

Lol...: gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 12:31pm On May 13, 2016
Visa was approved this morning..am so elated. Thank you friends

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lionlee216(m): 12:54pm On May 13, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:

Congrats! I tap into your testimony

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Tods(f): 12:59pm On May 13, 2016
Congrats dear, please post or transcript. Was it at Lagos or Abuja?
Angelapinkytoes:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 13, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Congrats. Your head is very valid.
Waiting for your transcript.
Enjoy your stay in Obamaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.