Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784966 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 2:54am On Sep 27, 2015
Walspring:

I don't think you need help because you not straight forward at all, simple question you can't answer..

Anyway nah you sabi you can continue flooding the thread with you need help and but you can't state categorically the kind of help that you want.

Don't think my post and is not harsh also i don't have anything against you looking for help but just be straightforward with what you want

LOL i no fit laf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Wfmopraiz: 4:11am On Sep 27, 2015
Hello good people, is it possible to change a B1-B2 visa status to F1 visa? If that can't be possible what's the cost of getting an F1 visa, and I'll like to know more about the TOEFL exams, basically I was planning to visit the states sometimes in December, but elder sister who is in Wyoming told me I should try and come through study, she said I should apply for the TOEFL exams, I should make enquiry about the F1 visa. she's going to handle the admission and other stuffs needed. What's the different between the GRE and TOEFL? I'll be glad to get a response from you as soon as possible. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Kapitain(m): 6:50am On Sep 27, 2015
Wfmopraiz:
What's the different between the GRE and TOEFL?

GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is equivalent to Jamb for doing graduate studies. It's an entrance exam for graduate studies (masters or PHD).

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is an English proficiency test. It's mostly required of non-native speakers of the English Language, when they want to study abroad.

Most graduate programs require the TOEFL for admissions but you have to check if the program you are going for requires GRE (or any other entrance exam like GMAT) or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Yjc07: 10:04am On Sep 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Yjc07 have gotten a mail from the embassy

Slimmy05...No,I have not receive any message from d embassy.. Should I send a mail to them today, so they can respond to me tomorrow?...pls advise. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Is it an escape route or you have the money to attend the school? Were you given scholarship?

Do you think is a good and welcome idea if a private university grant student 50% scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wfmopraiz:
Hello good people, is it possible to change a B1-B2 visa status to F1 visa? If that can't be possible what's the cost of getting an F1 visa, and I'll like to know more about the TOEFL exams, basically I was planning to visit the states sometimes in December, but elder sister who is in Wyoming told me I should try and come through study, she said I should apply for the TOEFL exams, I should make enquiry about the F1 visa. she's going to handle the admission and other stuffs needed. What's the different between the GRE and TOEFL? I'll be glad to get a response from you as soon as possible. Thanks

If you currently have visiting visa and you have been to USA and return back then you can apply for F1 and it will be easy for you and no much stress but if you have visiting visa and you went to stay in USA and planning to convert it to F1 visa the chance is like 50/50 and it might take longer time than expected because of this and that.

I hope your sister won't process 2 years community college admission for you, it better to apply for a 4 years university and write the toefl so that you will have upper chance..

toefl is used to check applicant level of communication in English, expression as well etc, both undergraduate and graduate applicants usually write it to get admission of the school ask for it but GRE is mainly for graduate students
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Holytribe, check your mail.. I've replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by insectide: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JannahGem: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hello house,

Please how long does WES evaluation takes and how much does it cost for fast sending to schools.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
Yjc07:

Slimmy05...No,I have not receive any message from d embassy.. Should I send a mail to them today, so they can respond to me tomorrow?...pls advise. thanks
I've told you earlier to send them an email. I don't see anything stopping you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
insectide:
Hello guys,I have been denied at the embassy twice, right now I got admission into a university in Texas but I was unable to go for the interview in august because there was a mismatch in my ds-160 bar code.

Now I just got another admission for another school in Arkansas for spring. I will like to know how I can change my DS-160 information to my new school information. do I need to fill another ds 160 or I can re- edit my previous Texas admission ds 160 page.
fill a new ds160 and upload the new code on your appointment portal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
Walspring:

Do you think is a good and welcome idea if a private university grant student 50% scholarship?
Private school gives annoying scholarship. A friends niece got scholarship to Ferrum college and she still pays close to $30,000. Where the hell is the scholarship. Well 50% is not a bad idea. In as much as its a scholarship and the rest of the payment is reasonable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
JannahGem:
Hello house,

Please how long does WES evaluation takes and how much does it cost for fast sending to schools.

Thanks

The duration of the evaluation process depends majorly on how soon your school verifies your transcript. As soon as WES receives your transcript, they send an email to your undergrad school. Your school is expected to respond to this email. When WES gets the response, it will take approximately 2 weeks before the evaluation is completed. Alternative to the email is the sending of copies to your undergrad school by courier (aka International Express) and they send it back after verifying. It costs $60. For me it's not a good option. The email is the best.

You can track the status of your verification on the WES portal. Just check www.wes.org for details on how much each service costs.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Flaggyl: 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Is it an escape route or you have the money to attend the school? Were you given scholarship?

Not escape route oo, I have genuine intention of studying, and my sponsor can foot the schooling bills.
No scholarship given.
My major concern is: Is Webster university degree well recognise like any other public universities in US? I don't want to spend damn huge money on school not worthwhile!!!
Thirdly, can someone confirm if possible to change from F1 to PR if my brother file for me while on F1 visa?
Or which means can students get PR filings through blood brother good PR status.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Stewee(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
bayocanny:

Its going on well sir, how your side, hope u enjoying Miami weather

We good!
Yes I am...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
Flaggyl:

Not escape route oo, I have genuine intention of studying, and my sponsor can foot the schooling bills.
No scholarship given.
My major concern is: Is Webster university degree well recognise like any other public universities in US? I don't want to spend damn huge money on school not worthwhile!!!
Thirdly, can someone confirm if possible to change from F1 to PR if my brother file for me while on F1 visa?
Or which means can students get PR filings through blood brother good PR status.
Thanks.

That process will probably take you about 10 years at least, if your brother is a US citizen..If he is just a Permanent resident, you're out of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
Flaggyl:

No scholarship given.
Thanks.
We have heard this story countless times and it all boils down to escape route. If you're uncle has such huge amount, then why not a better school?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pennstate(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
hehehe :-) undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JannahGem: 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
djmakson:

The duration of the evaluation process depends majorly on how soon your school verifies your transcript. As soon as WES receives your transcript, they send an email to your undergrad school. Your school is expected to respond to this email. When WES gets the response, it will take approximately 2 weeks before the evaluation is completed. Alternative to the email is the sending of copies to your undergrad school by courier (aka International Express) and they send it back after verifying. It costs $60. For me it's not a good option. The email is the best.

You can track the status of your verification on the WES portal. Just check www.wes.org for details on how much each service costs.

Thanks....it's actually o level evaluation. I will check the site too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
Please which method is the safest way to register for TOEFL? Paypal or Diamond Visa card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
femi321:
Please which method is the safest way to register for TOEFL? Paypal or Diamond Visa card?

Both and it depend on your carr issuer and how soon they can authorise the payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Private school gives annoying scholarship. A friends niece got scholarship to Ferrum college and she still pays close to $30,000. Where the hell is the scholarship. Well 50% is not a bad idea. In as much as its a scholarship and the rest of the payment is reasonable.

You are right about the annoying scholarship that some private schools gives out to student, I saw a school total fee is 49k but the school is giving out 18k which is 36% or 36.5%
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
cutemorgan:

Having obtained helpful info from djmakson. I guess you should just visit your undergrad school and make inquiries about how the whole process works, then you will know the best way to go about it.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
Walspring:

Both and it depend on your carr issuer and how soon they can authorise the payment
Thanks..i have my GTB Mastercard linked to my paypal but I read about someone that used paypal and money was deducted without registering for TOEFL..i am trying to avoid such stories that touch...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
femi321:
Thanks..i have my GTB Mastercard linked to my paypal but I read about someone that used paypal and money was deducted without registering for TOEFL..i am trying to avoid such stories that touch...

Use your gtb master card. It worked for me. Wish u success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
femi321:

You are good to go unless there is network failure and gtbank can reverse your fund back and you do that via your portal or inside the bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
House pls, I really need some answers and help here.
I have shortlisted these list of schools for a Phd program in Cancer research come fall 2016..
1. University of Tennessee knoxville
2. Florida state university
3. University of Pittsburgh
4. University of Cincinnati.
My profile is; WES cgpa: 3.51, GRE(306); 155q 151v 3.0a.w, Toefl: 104.
Pls I need opinions about the above school and suggestions of other schools I can stand good chance of admission with funding.
Thanks for your anticipated replies....

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.