Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784921 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Walspring:

You are good to go unless there is network failure and gtbank can reverse your fund back and you do that via your portal or inside the bank
okay thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
alpha111:

Use your gtb master card. It worked for me. Wish u success.
thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tanzii: 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
So my school decided to organize a skype interview for me tomorrow, to test my knowledge and proficiency in English. has anyone here had this kind of interview before? just wondering what the director of admissions will be asking. any tips guys?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:24am On Sep 28, 2015
tanzii:
So my school decided to organize a skype interview for me tomorrow, to test my knowledge and proficiency in English. has anyone here had this kind of interview before? just wondering what the director of admissions will be asking. any tips guys?

Expect general question, am sure s/he want to see and observe your level of communication in English either verbal or speaking aspect, if you can also understand him/her during the interview and so on and I think you will access generally and get ready to talk about yourself, why the school, why the course and your profile.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:25am On Sep 28, 2015
femi321:
okay thanks bro

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 28, 2015
paulbets:
House pls, I really need some answers and help here.
I have shortlisted these list of schools for a Phd program in Cancer research come fall 2016..
1. University of Tennessee knoxville
2. Florida state university
3. University of Pittsburgh
4. University of Cincinnati.
My profile is; WES cgpa: 3.51, GRE(306); 155q 151v 3.0a.w, Toefl: 104.
Pls I need opinions about the above school and suggestions of other schools I can stand good chance of admission with funding.
Thanks for your anticipated replies....
University of Tennessee good school, possibility of funding with good rapport with graduate coordinator and early application. Bbdd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 28, 2015
tanzii:
General question based on yourself, experience or about your research interest. Overall just testing your communication skills
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 12:39am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
University of Tennessee good school, possibility of funding with good rapport with graduate coordinator and early application. Bbdd
Thanks boss; that's my top choice school. Hope to submit their app before october 15
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 12:40am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:

I see you bro
How far with the nipost ish?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 12:41am On Sep 28, 2015
paulbets:

Thanks boss; that's my top choice school. Hope to submit their app before october 15

What did you study in your undergrad?
Do you have research experience?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 12:54am On Sep 28, 2015
bbdd:

What did you study in your undergrad?
Do you have research experience?
Studied Cell Biology and Genetics. Had Strong Research and laboratory experience and training during IT in a Biochemistry Lab, also Research experience at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) (Did my project there); As well as independent research work with my Lecturer but no published work so far. Well I have also attended international conference (kinda).
bro pls guide me on how to proceed and make my app stronger..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 28, 2015
paulbets:

Hope you're aiming for Fall, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 28, 2015
bbdd:

I see you bro
How far with the nipost ish?
Yeah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 28, 2015
paulbets:

Studied Cell Biology and Genetics. Had Strong Research and laboratory experience and training during IT in a Biochemistry Lab, also Research experience at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) (Did my project there); As well as independent research work with my Lecturer but no published work so far. Well I have also attended international conference (kinda).
Unilag right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 1:05am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
Unilag right?
Yes boss. Unilag.
and am gunning for Fall 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 28, 2015
paulbets:

Yes boss. Unilag.
I have a friend Charles, was shot in the spine in unijos, ended up in wheelchair. Finished from Cell Biology and Genetics, Unilag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 28, 2015
paulbets:

Yes boss. Unilag.
Have you checked Montana State University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 2:09am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:

Montana!! Haaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 2:11am On Sep 28, 2015
paulbets:

So first off, you're applying to too few schools.
If you're looking for funding, you have to cast your net wide because stories will arise. I can assure you.
Some schools will give their stories at the last minute, some will tell you early.
So I advice you to apply to a minimum of 6 schools.

You can get full funding and stipends. We have done it. We don't have two heads.

Also, forward your sop to me.
Another thing you must package your app well. Or else it goes into the bin.

Your gre is kinda low. That's the only thing I'm worried about your app but it's still doable.

Believe.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 28, 2015
bbdd:

Montana!! Haaa
What happened to Montana?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 2:22am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
What happened to Montana?

Its far from everywhere. LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:00am On Sep 28, 2015
bbdd:

Its far from everywhere. LOL
far from everywhere? The dude is going to school and I tell you south is sweet to school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 3:16am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
not really Sir, I will look it over now. Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 3:20am On Sep 28, 2015
bbdd:

So first off, you're applying to too few schools.
If you're looking for funding, you have to cast your net wide because stories will arise. I can assure you.
Some schools will give their stories at the last minute, some will tell you early.
So I advice you to apply to a minimum of 6 schools.

You can get full funding and stipends. We have done it. We don't have two heads.

Also, forward your sop to me.
Another thing you must package your app well. Or else it goes into the bin.

Your gre is kinda low. That's the only thing I'm worried about your app but it's still doable.

Believe.
Thanks boss, I will do exactly as u said. Will forward my SOP soon this week. I have sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 3:21am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
I have a friend Charles, was shot in the spine in unijos, ended up in wheelchair. Finished from Cell Biology and Genetics, Unilag.
Awwww... didn't meet the guy. Guess he finished before I even enter school sef.
I sent u a pm boss, pls reply Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 3:22am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
far from everywhere? The dude is going to school and I tell you south is sweet to school.

South is just too sweet mehn,
Cheap. Not far from major cities
Good weather. Nice food.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ksa2much(m): 5:57am On Sep 28, 2015
On my way ... To the consulate ..... God go ahead of me .... House please pray for me .. God bless .. Coming back here .. Few hours Soon to share my success story ...... Thanks

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2015
ksa2much:
On my way ... To the consulate ..... God go ahead of me .... House please pray for me .. God bless .. Coming back here .. Few hours Soon to share my success story ...... Thanks

congrats already man

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ksa2much(m): 6:36am On Sep 28, 2015
Thanks bro God bless u too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2015
Teelekan.. Profojah78 at geemail dot cum.. Unable to reply pm directly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
Charles what?... Was he part of the 77s in Unilag?.. A Unilag 77 guy was shot somewhere in the south sometimes in 2012..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 10:55am On Sep 28, 2015
ksa2much:
Go grab your visa bro. God is with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.