Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,403 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784449 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 10:10am On Oct 02, 2015
teelekan:

No, you don't need to write TOEFL. Don't have any info on EducationUSA. Maybe wait till tomorrow to get a response since today is a public holiday?
Thanks a lot. Will call a number a saw of the Abuja branch office. Really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kaycome: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2015
I beg justwise intervene . This thread is about helping one another and not for insult. Guys i believe we are mature and we should be able to use the right words to communicate our feeling.
I beg e don do. We just dey waste pages
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Williamsobodo(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
[quote author=awe2015 post=38544939]

Share your transcript bro...i guess we might help from there...

CC: slommy05, bigfrancis21, walspring[/

it was 6.30 am appointment, left home late got got up at the third Maryland bridge. that's not enough, just wen I got a bike to beat the traffic, it started raining to make it all even interesting.

I was thoroughly soaked in the rain I got there 7.20am. had to beg the guy at the gate that I am for 6.30 he then directed me on who to meet, that's how I entered for checking..
after about an hour or so we we eventually moved from the pavilion to the interview building. At this point confidence was already 70 %. anyway here my transcript

good morning

vo : good morning, pass your documents.

here is it.... with a smile

vo: who is sponsoring this program.

my employer ....... not with so much called the name.

he started typing n typing.

your company is paying $25,000 for your college for two years ?

I said yes. then was wondering where he got two years from, its a six months certificate.
Immediately I told him its a information technology college n not a university.

vo where is this school?

told him ....Morrow Georgia.

vo: what are you going for ?
database modelling, warehousing and database administration

vo: who are your clients.

amadu bello university zaria, lead assurance company Kaduna.

vo: typing..... what applications do you use.. started calling names..

told him Oracle.

vo: just oracle

yes.

vo :how much do you earn ?

told him 301... didn't add anything. wasn't explicit.

vo: sorry you are not qualified for a visa at this moment. hands me the blue paper.

the blue paper states that I have not demonstrate I will be consistent with my status and have not been able to show or prove that I have strong enough home ties. however I can't appeal today but I can reapply anytime.

I know I messed up on the confidence part, wasn't spontaneous, was in a hurry to answer the questions n I didn't submit my supporting documents which I had ( payslips, employment letter, leave approval, promotion memo, sponsorship letter addressed to the consulate n most importantly I didn't submit my fees payment receipt n admission letter. my program resumes on the 10th Oct, I have rescheduled another appointment for next week Tues 6th. gurus please

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
[quote author=Williamsobodo post=38593528][/quote] Your case looks more like an agent packaged visa runs. I asked you earlier, why would your company invest millions in you just for database, when they can employ corpers like sirridy and pay them 30k? How long have you been working with them. VO's are not silly, they know what's up. Those guys sef they chop roasted corn and bolee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Your case looks more like an agent packaged visa runs. I asked you earlier, why would your company invest millions in you just for database, when they can employ corpers like sirridy and pay them 30k? How long have you been working with them. VO's are not silly, they know what's up. Those guys sef they chop roasted corn and bolee

If I am not wrong it seems that the guy is still hiding facts. How can he go to CC to do six month course on database When NIIT or HIIT or HORIZON is there with 6 months duration as well

Let's hope he will open up and maybe I should send my cv to the guy company to employ me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
Williamsobodo:

was 6.30 am appointment, left home late got got up at the third Maryland bridge. that's not enough, just wen I got a bike to beat the traffic, it started raining to make it all even interesting.

I was thoroughly soaked in the rain I got there 7.20am. had to beg the guy at the gate that I am for 6.30 he then directed me on who to meet, that's how I entered for checking..
after about an hour or so we we eventually moved from the pavilion to the interview building. At this point confidence was already 70 %. anyway here my transcript

good morning

vo : good morning, pass your documents.

here is it.... with a smile

vo: who is sponsoring this program.

my employer ....... not with so much called the name.

he started typing n typing.

your company is paying $25,000 for your college for two years ?

I said yes. then was wondering where he got two years from, its a six months certificate.
Immediately I told him its a information technology college n not a university.

vo where is this school?

told him ....Morrow Georgia.

vo: what are you going for ?
database modelling, warehousing and database administration

vo: who are your clients.

amadu bello university zaria, lead assurance company Kaduna.

vo: typing..... what applications do you use.. started calling names..

told him Oracle.

vo: just oracle

yes.

vo :how much do you earn ?

told him 301... didn't add anything. wasn't explicit.

vo: sorry you are not qualified for a visa at this moment. hands me the blue paper.

the blue paper states that I have not demonstrate I will be consistent with my status and have not been able to show or prove that I have strong enough home ties. however I can't appeal today but I can reapply anytime.

I know I messed up on the confidence part, wasn't spontaneous, was in a hurry to answer the questions n I didn't submit my supporting documents which I had ( payslips, employment letter, leave approval, promotion memo, sponsorship letter addressed to the consulate n most importantly I didn't submit my fees payment receipt n admission letter. my program resumes on the 10th Oct, I have rescheduled another appointment for next week Tues 6th. gurus please

Stop fooling yourself because I don't think you know what oracle is all about and you told VO that you going for database modelling, warehousing and database administration and yet you told VO point blank that you used oracle..

How can you say you make use of oracle and still going for oracle again because with my little knowledge oracle is all about database and yet you going for database modelling, warehousing and database administration.

How the VO got to know 2 years is that you can only do database modelling, warehousing and database administration as a certificate in a community college as AAS which is on your I20, I.e you will only get the certificate and use it to work and who knows if the VO thought that you are intending immigrant..

If I may ask do you have Bsc or Msc that you going for 6 months course in USA because you should have been taught or done it as a course if i am not wrong.

don't you think you can get this done in Nigeria via NIIT or HIIT or HORIZON

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jlakeside: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Your case looks more like an agent packaged visa runs. I asked you earlier, why would your company invest millions in you just for database, when they can employ corpers like sirridy and pay them 30k? How long have you been working with them. VO's are not silly, they know what's up. Those guys sef they chop roasted corn and bolee
Why SirRiddy? Lol cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
slimmy05:
tread carefully oh...haha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Williamsobodo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
slimmy05:

guys, , lol, I just dropped a point and this is what I get. una pass V0 oh. you guys would be be working there if you had the opportunity right?.

well, no need to talk long story. I'm a graduate n my colleague collected his visa for the same program that same weds.
I use Oracle and the training on SQl server. you guys are smart but think before you write. Are there no schools in Nigeria.

why do your parents send you abroad? just a simple question. I tot I would get some breather here. quote me if you genuinely want to ,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
Williamsobodo:

guys, , lol, I just dropped a point and this is what I get. una pass V0 oh. you guys would be be working there if you had the opportunity right?.

well, no need to talk long story. I'm a graduate n my colleague collected his visa for the same program that same weds.
I use Oracle and the training on SQl server. you guys are smart but think before you write. Are there no schools in Nigeria.

why do your parents send you abroad? just a simple question. I tot I would get some breather here. quote me if you genuinely want to ,
there are better firms in Nigeria that can offer that training at cheaper rate. why would a company spend millions on you?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Williamsobodo(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
slimmy05:
there are better firms in Nigeria that can offer that training at cheaper rate. why would a company spend millions on you?
. We use Oracle database but it is limited to a very large extent which led to my employers loosing so much in the past months. And they saw it fit trading their employees to acquire broad knowledge in SQL server database administration. research has it that it that America has one of the best database management systems.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
Williamsobodo:
. We use Oracle database but it is limited to a very large extent which led to my employers loosing so much in the past months. And they saw it fit trading their employees to acquire broad knowledge in SQL server database administration. research has it that it that America has one of the best database management systems.
which research? You are not getting the point here. From the first two lines of your interview transcript, the VO is wondering why an organization will spend millions for just SQL database administration? When we have expert firms that can even come to the company and run it at affordable rate? Try and get my point, which technological institution is offering such training? What's their track record?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
Jlakeside:

Why SirRiddy? Lol cheesy
that is my boss. I was only paid 10k monthly during NYSC as a high school teacher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hi guys,am based in calabar..can u guys plz enlighten me on this EducationUSA stuff. And if its like an advisory agenda,how best can I be part of it since they just have a center at Abuja and Lagos. Expectin ur replies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
grin grin grin
Na 5k my stingy oga dey give me.
Owu don finish me here.
slimmy05:
that is my boss. I was only paid 10k monthly during NYSC as a high school teacher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kaycome: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
I beg let the laying dog sleep naw.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kaycome: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Guys how will i change the sevis number on my receipt? I was refuse some month and now my skool have sent me another I20 for January but a different sevis number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
kaycome:
Guys how will i change the sevis number on my receipt? I was refuse some month and now my skool have sent me another I20 for January but a different sevis number.
Email them and explain, It would be updated Make sure you scan your sevis receipt. sevp@ice.dhs.gov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kaycome: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
kaycome:
I need someone to enlighten me on what to do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kaycome: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Email them and explain, It would be updated Make sure you scan your sevis receipt. sevp@ice.dhs.gov

Thanke baba mi

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.