Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785456 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
happney65:

Send me that your Chase account..I would make Payment tonite..And who be Bruno Mars Manager?Me i be JayZee Manager and i fit buy nairaland buy Walspring,Seun and even Justwise join sef...The money dey.. grin grin grin

You must be high with ogogoro why you wan buy me? I am not for sale why don't you buy Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Its unfair ooo... Some people on this thread have been granted Visa and them no wan share their transcripts.. too bad... the thread just dey dry nnooo... No Visa granted recently sad

Anyhow sha...wishing all Visa Hopefuls God's blessings!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
bbdd:

Seen. Will review over the weekend
ok boss, Thanks. will be expecting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kaycome: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
dansatch:
Transcript
VO- good Morning
me- Good morning Ma
Vo gives a small chuckle
VO- Why South Dakota state University
Me- Because They have a pretty strong engineering department, that has done ground breaking reaearch in the field of petroleum engineering
VO- But You can get that quality here in Nigeria
me- The magnitude and extent of research undertaken by SDSU far outmatches any Nigerian Institution.
VO- Did you write any standardized test
me - No
VO- any particular Reasons
me- I feel That the WASSCE examination I standard and beyond sufficient for an American college
VO- so What were your WAEC grades
me 9 distinctions including 7 A's
VO- so who will fund your stay in US
me- I have a full tuition scholarship,
VO- How do you plan on ofsetting other miscellaneous cost such as room, stationery
me- I plan on getting a part time job
* VO hands me a white paper*
VO- I'm sorry you cannot be granted a visa at this time.
NB- na joke oooh grin

Sorry man for the denial. But ur transcript looks somehow. Firstly no standardize test, no sponsor. Do you just join this thread cos u should have learn from other people experience. Anyway work on ur loophole and refire.
Sorry bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jlakeside: 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
kaycome:

Sorry man for the denial. But ur transcript looks somehow. Firstly no standardize test, no sponsor. Do you just join this thread cos u should have learn from other people experience. Anyway work on ur loophole and refire.
Sorry bro
You no see "Na joke ooo" for hin post?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
What the fucck. angry

What sort of nonsense has this thread turned to?

Dammit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Bros na joke na
kaycome:

Sorry bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
From any responsible person/student who has done this before, how long it takes to collect a renewed Nigerian passport in the U.S after submitting an application. The Nigerian consulate customer line seems not working.

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
Please who has GboyegaD' email address.. Want him to review a friend study plan in Canada or whosoever that is familiar with Canada application should please volunteer to help.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kpolli(m): 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
imperiouxx:
From any responsible person/student who has done this before, how long it takes to collect a renewed Nigerian passport in the U.S after submitting an application. The Nigerian consulate customer line seems not working.

Thanks!

Please answer for 2 because me sef dey the same boat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
akin3102:
Please who has GboyegaD' email address.. Want him to review a friend study plan in Canada or whosoever that is familiar with Canada application should please volunteer to help.Thanks

My username with an extra d at yahoo dot com. A pm would be nice as that reminds me I need to check the mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
kpolli:

Please answer for 2 because me sef dey the same boat

Hello sir. What's good with you? Yes o, It won't be nice if I hooked in Puerto Rico. grin

pm me with your facebook link or I pm you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
akin3102:
Statement of purpose is standard. What does he want to study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
awe2015:
Its unfair ooo... Some people on this thread have been granted Visa and them no wan share their transcripts.. too bad... the thread just dey dry nnooo... No Visa granted recently sad

Amen to your Prayer..As for those wey they come here come scope information and they ended up getting visa and they decided not to share their Transcripts,Them go collect the Visa from them..Anybody wey no like wetin i talk can go and Dieeeeeeeeeee grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
Walspring:

You must be high with ogogoro why you wan buy me? I am not for sale why don't you buy Nigeria

And you i wan buy ohhh..i no even buy Seun again sef.. grin grin grin..I dey call those People,The Guy at International Admissions no dey pick call since Morning..Na one cute Babe dey transfer me and yet he still no pick Call,Maybe he go Smoke Igbo or Sk.. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kpolli(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
imperiouxx:

Hello sir. What's good with you? Yes o, It won't be nice if I hooked in Puerto Rico. grin

pm me with your facebook link or I pm you.

Lol, sent you a pm and an invite on fb
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
imperiouxx:

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
happney65:

And you i wan buy ohhh..i no even buy Seun again sef.. grin grin grin..I dey call those People,The Guy at International Admissions no dey pick call since Morning..Na one cute Babe dey transfer me and yet he still no pick Call,Maybe he go Smoke Igbo or Sk.. grin grin

Keep calling them since nah free credit you dey use and maybe she is not around or in a meeting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
awe2015:

Amen....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
fizzile:
Hi guys,am based in calabar..can u guys plz enlighten me on this EducationUSA stuff. And if its like an advisory agenda,how best can I be part of it since they just have a center at Abuja and Lagos. Expectin ur replies.

Bro, I notice people seem to be ignoring your inquiry despite repeated efforts to get attention. The thing is majority of people in this forum, who secured admission and got their US visas, never went through that route. Why limit yourself to a school that makes it compulsory for you to contact EducationUSA when there are avalanche of schools in the US that won't ask you for that?

Have a rethink and spread your tentacles bro.

God bless you grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 12:36am On Oct 03, 2015
imperiouxx:
What the fucck. angry

What sort of nonsense has this thread turned to?

Dammit.
Its so unfortunate. It has lost its purpose,rather all what a whole lot of persons do is bring up all manner of trash to the forum. Can't remember seeing a lil issue being solved to help one another. Its just so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 12:40am On Oct 03, 2015
djmakson:

Bro, I notice people seem to be ignoring your inquiry despite repeated efforts to get attention. The thing is majority of people in this forum, who secured admission and got their US visas, never went through that route. Why limit yourself to a school that makes it compulsory for you to contact EducationUSA when there are avalanche of schools in the US that won't ask you for that?

Have a rethink and spread your tentacles bro.

God bless you grin grin cheesy cheesy
Thanks a lot bro. All I needed was a lil response and thank God I got it from u. Its unfortunate dat d forum has turned into what I can't describe. Most people have focused deir mind on discussin irrelevant issues. All d same I'll try some other schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 1:25am On Oct 03, 2015
imperiouxx:

Thanks!

Planning to do mine too soon, but a friend who did hers recently just filled up the form(link from http://www.nigeriahouse.com/NewPassport.aspx) and got an appointment date less than 2 weeks later after online payment/confirmation.. then went to the consulate in NY and got it the same day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:37am On Oct 03, 2015
biikeys:

Planning to do mine too soon, but a friend who did hers recently just filled up the form(link from http://www.nigeriahouse.com/NewPassport.aspx) and got an appointment date less than 2 weeks later after online payment/confirmation.. then went to the consulate in NY and got it the same day.

I have already filled the form and got a reference number. I tried to pay with debit card but the website returned error, so I'm planning getting money order and visiting the consulate at 2nd Ave in Manhattan. And since you said someone got it back same day, I hope I get it back same day too. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2015
imperiouxx:

I have already filled the form and got a reference number. I tried to pay with debit card but the website returned error, so I'm planning getting money order and visiting the consulate at 2nd Ave in Manhattan. And since you said someone got it back same day, I hope I get it back same day too. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah money order is better. No problem bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 1:43am On Oct 03, 2015
Imperiouxx and Biikeys,

I renewed my passport last year and it was a (relatively) smooth process. I filled the form online, paid and was given an appointment. I went and got my passport on the day of my appointment. This is for the New York Consulate, though. I don't know about other cities.

It was a pretty OK. One woman will pray and give everyone speech, advising everyone to adhere to the queue (because there's no magomago in USA), but when they start she'll be the one allowing people who know her to shunt the queue, naija style. hehe.

You'll watch NTA news wella smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:08am On Oct 03, 2015
Mystiqme:
Imperiouxx and Biikeys,

I renewed my passport last year and it was a (relatively) smooth process. I filled the form online, paid and was given an appointment. I went and got my passport on the day of my appointment. This is for the New York Consulate, though. I don't know about other cities.

It was a pretty OK. One woman will pray and give everyone speech, advising everyone to adhere to the queue (because there's no magomago in USA), but when they start she'll be the one allowing people who know her to shunt the queue, naija style. hehe.

You'll watch NTA news wella smiley

Thanks. I filled the forms and wasn't given any appointment. Only application number for both of us.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Glocal1: 3:58am On Oct 03, 2015
Glocal1:
Hello members, kindly help appraise d shortlisted schs/states using criteria like availability of funding, standard/cost of living, on/off-campus employment opportunities, weather, crime n safety, admission rate, academic standard n national reputation 1. Wayne state university, detroit, MI 2. Temple university, philadelphia. 3. Uni of south alabama 4.Uni of Arkansas 5. SUNY upstate medical university 6. Uni of Louisville 7. Uni of Utah 8. South Dakota st Uni, 9. Uni of Cincinnati, 10. North Dakota state uni. Overall assessments of d cities will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 4:42am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=Glocal1 post=38615653][/quote]

Hi, funding is very variable. There is no one size fits all. Depends mostly on departments within schools, so go to the department website yourself and see what they say about funding.

You should probably write the name of each of the cities those schools are located.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 6:54am On Oct 03, 2015
Email forwarded.. Thanks
GboyegaD:

My username with an extra d at yahoo dot com. A pm would be nice as that reminds me I need to check the mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.