Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038808 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nothing wrong. cic only acknowledges the fact you have done your biometrics. In fact it will not change till u get your TRV just like mine. Just wait for any update concerning medicals.
iykedare:
Hi guys, I applied for trv on the 10 th of Oct and did my biometrics on the 12th of Oct. Anytime I check my status on the CIC website, I see this message as an update of my biometrics ........." Not needed at this time"

Abeg o,is anything wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
No. Nigerians are exempteed.
stinux:
Hello all, l have been a silent follower of this thread and l must say you guys are doing a great job. Please l have a question. Is there anyone that had applied to UoOttawa?Do l need TOEFL language test before application or Candidates from Nigeria are exempted? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
Finally collected my passport with TRV today.

Applied online sept. 2nd with upfront medicals.
Biometrics sept. 3rd
Medicals passed Oct. 17
PP request Oct. 28
Approved, Dispatched and correspondence letter Nov. 3

As much as it is important that we give our application the best shot always know that;
"the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength" 1 Corinthians 1:25
I have read posts on money lodgement and the risk associated with using a company's SOA. I dint realize some of my mistakes till i had already submitted. I din't fret. I was convinced beyond doubt that God was on my case the more reason i even submitted hurriedly. All am saying do your best before you submit. When you submit the rest is beyond your control. Only God can do the unthinkable. Will share my docs later.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mzzdorah(f): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
God has finally done it.....thanks to everyone on this forum... You all are doing a great job... And thanks to berexio1 The applicant is me not my friend grin ... Am sorry I lied.. It because I wasn't sure of the document I submitted and my Uncle was the sponsorer and I don't wonna loose faith even after I got denied twice for U.S visa...

Thou am schooling in Egypt but have been in nigeria since August of this year in other to process my US visa and Canada ... I started with the canada but the U.S. Have been the main one but to cut the story short ,, I was denied U.S. ... Then decide to face the Canada one.. cry

But to his glory ,,,GOD surprised me in a way I never expected.... because I had plans to go back to Egypt last month and come back December to do another U.S. Interview.. It a miracle indeed... I was suppose to go back on 31st last month but I was shocked when I got a mail from CIC on 28th saying "passport request " my heart was filled with JOY......all the processing was two months...

Documents submitted:
Uncle : SOA worth of 13M and 2land property
Uncle : affidavit,letter of support and his PP page
My waec, letter of admission U of R , transcripts from my school in Egypt , upfront medical and letter of explanation

Submitted: 3rd of September

Biometric: 4th of September

Medical passed:17th October

Passport request: 28th October

Submitted passport: 29th October

Approval mail and collected : 3rd of November

University of Regina...
Thanks to you all for reading... Good luck to the remaining applicant Success is yours...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
BlackXtar:

Glad to hear, when did you submit?
October 19th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by etunu(f): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hi everyone, medical mail dropped yesterday (3rd of november). I submitted my application 19th of October. Paper route.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by stinux(f): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
favourities101:
No. Nigerians are exempteed.

Thanks< God Bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by stinux(f): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
[quote author=favourities101 post=39677291]Finally collected my passport with TRV today.

Biometrics sept. 3rd
Medicals passed Oct. 17
PP request Oct. 28

Congratulations!. Which school in Canada are you going to?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BlackXtar: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
ugonnachimezie54:

October 19th

I am really glad to hear, we thank God for his blessing smiley. I submitted mine on the 2nd of October. Still waiting on mine. I know it will all work out well in God's name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
etunu:
Hi everyone, medical mail dropped yesterday (3rd of november). I submitted my application 19th of October. Paper route.

Hehe. Congrats and Congrats in Advance for ur TRV. Submitted October 14th medical mail never drop. But I have faith in God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Interesting. Congrats 2 u. Hopefully, we surely going to meet at Regina, though still awaiting TVR. Safe, and congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
stinux:
Hello all, l have been a silent follower of this thread and l must say you guys are doing a great job. Please l have a question. Is there anyone that had applied to UoOttawa?Do l need TOEFL language test before application or Candidates from Nigeria are exempted? Thanks

I applied to uOttawa and submitted my academic IELTS result. Language test requirement is program specific so you should check the school's website to see if your course of study has specific requirement.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hello All,

Please help... I collected the soft copy of my passport photograph from the photo shoot guy and that is what am uploading as my digital pic... i hope it's okay. or do i need to scan the printed copy and use it as a my digital pics?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
etunu:
Congrats...that was fast. Seems like the paper route October guys are getting medical calls already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by donnard: 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
berexio1:
You mean ur application was dispatched? or it says ur application is being processed blah blah blah. If it is dispatched since 28/10 and u used paper route, you will need to go and get ur documents at VAC to know the outcome. When did u apply?
yea it says is been processed since 28/10/15 and is on its way to Nigeria, I applied in September 10th, my question is am I not meant to receive to receive an email if it approved or a refusal email or is it different on paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mzzdorah:
God has finally done it.....thanks to everyone on this forum... You all are doing a great job... And thanks to berexio1 The applicant is me not my friend grin ... Am sorry I lied.. It because I wasn't sure of the document I submitted and my Uncle was the sponsorer and I don't wonna loose faith even after I got denied twice for U.S visa...

Thou am schooling in Egypt but have been in nigeria since August of this year in other to process my US visa and Canada ... I started with the canada but the U.S. Have been the main one but to cut the story short ,, I was denied U.S. ... Then decide to face the Canada one.. cry

But to his glory ,,,GOD surprised me in a way I never expected.... because I had plans to go back to Egypt last month and come back December to do another U.S. Interview.. It a miracle indeed... I was suppose to go back on 31st last month but I was shocked when I got a mail from CIC on 28th saying "passport request " my heart was filled with JOY......all the processing was two months...

Documents submitted:
Uncle : SOA worth of 13M and 2land property
Uncle : affidavit,letter of support and his PP page
My waec, letter of admission U of R , transcripts from my school in Egypt , upfront medical and letter of explanation

Submitted: 3rd of September

Biometric: 4th of September

Medical passed:17th October

Passport request: 28th October

Submitted passport: 29th October

Approval mail and collected : 3rd of November

University of Regina...
Thanks to you all for reading... Good luck to the remaining applicant Success is yours...
Lol..Now u got ur TRV, it is now YOU...Well Lemme join you in the celebration..Have u started packing already? When are u booking ur flight?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
donnard:
yea it says is been processed since 28/10/15 and is on its way to Nigeria, I applied in September 10th, my question is am I not meant to receive to receive an email if it approved or a refusal email or is it different on paper route.
U won't get an email since u applied via paper route..It will be attched with your documents...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
bukky85:
Hello All,

Please help... I collected the soft copy of my passport photograph from the photo shoot guy and that is what am uploading as my digital pic... i hope it's okay. or do i need to scan the printed copy and use it as a my digital pics?
Softcopy is good..Just be sure it has the specifications indicated in terms of pixels
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
stinux:

You dont need TOEFL

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lexyj123(f): 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
berexio1:
U won't get an email since u applied via paper route..It will be attched with your documents...

Are you sure of this statement, is it a new trend? cos it has never been like that oooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Reesqot: 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Thank you so much

chichi89:
you won't have two. The old one will be 'canceled without prejudice'. Make sure you have both passports at the POE.
You can use a passport cover or rubber band like me smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
Passport submitted today at VFS after pasport request.

I hear people do get denied after passport request.

Any one here denied after passport request?

Was told to come back in 5days to pick up passport.

Though it was for my little sister.

UOFR undergraduate biology
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
lexyj123:

Are you sure of this statement, is it a new trend? cos it has never been like that oooo.
I don't know if its a new trend bt a couple of pple have had theirs that way. Pls tell me how it has always been. Am not so familiar with paper.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
[quote author=stinux post=39679456][/quote] uottawa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ChicoBoy: 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
favourities101:
Finally collected my passport with TRV today.

Biometrics sept. 3rd
Medicals passed Oct. 17
PP request Oct. 28

As much as it is important that we give our application the best shot always know that;
"the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength" 1 Corinthians 1:25
I have read posts on money lodgement and the risk associated with using a company's SOA. I dint realize some of my mistakes till i had already submitted. I din't fret. I was convinced beyond doubt that God was on my case the more reason i even submitted hurriedly. All am saying do your best before you submit. When you submit the rest is beyond your control. Only God can do the unthinkable. Will share my docs later.

Congrats bruv (or sis).

Nice one. To God be the Glory!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hello House, Medical mail dropped today, but the medical form wasn't included, what should I do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hello House

To the pple in canny already, pls I intend doing xmas with my Pple in toronto b4 heading out to my school In BC, buh my concern is hope I won't ve issues with BCO at POE....Pls o I need quick replies to hasting my decisions.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Will November or December be too early for fall 2016 visa application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
Not a big deal. Have your flight ticket from Toronto to BC purchased before you leave Naija, and make sure you have the confirmation with you so you can show the POE officers in case they ask you. Also, register for classes and pay for tuition before leaving Naija so you can show that as proof to the POE officers. If you do all these, then you will be fine.

lamama1:
Hello House

To the pple in canny already, pls I intend doing xmas with my Pple in toronto b4 heading out to my school In BC, buh my concern is hope I won't ve issues with BCO at POE....Pls o I need quick replies to hasting my decisions.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
olamitunposi:
Hello House, Medical mail dropped today, but the medical form wasn't included, what should I do?

Please Gurus in the house I need an urgent Answer to my Question... What Should I do? They sent a mail requesting me for medical with my stamped passport but the medical form wasn't included undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 12:04am On Nov 05, 2015
thesoj:
Not a big deal. Have your flight ticket from Toronto to BC purchased before you leave Naija, and make sure you have the confirmation with you so you can show the POE officers in case they ask you. Also, register for classes and pay for tuition before leaving Naija so you can show that as proof to the POE officers. If you do all these, then you will be fine.

Thank you thesoj, I ve paid half of my tuition when applying. And I also mailed my school about registering for courses, but was adviced not to tht until am on ground, I hp the booking suffice for this...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 1:51am On Nov 05, 2015
Make sure you have a printout of your mail to the school as well as their response to you on hand or in your hand luggage, so that you can provide it to any grumpy POE officer that tries to hassle you about having not registered. As long as you are confident in your responses, with proof, you will be fine. Paying half tuition is good, so long as you have some documentation on you showing means of finances to pay the rest (this is probably not mandatory, but I suggest it just to reduce risk). You will be fine bros/sis.

It is likely that you won't meet a grumpy POE officer, in which case you won't even have to deal with any of this. My advice is based on the worst case scenario.

lamama1:
Thank you thesoj, I ve paid half of my tuition when applying. And I also mailed my school about registering for courses, but was adviced not to tht until am on ground, I hp the booking suffice for this...Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.