Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038572 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by cojoman2k5: 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
My people i need some help.

Did anyone use agent for processing getting school in Canada and process Visa?
Must you pay the school fees before going to school?
What is the average time for Visa?
Can someone get Visa for unconditional admission (meaning the school wants you to satisfy English requirements when you arrive)

Please i need this help for my sister. I am in the United states and we have been using this Agent and they have been telling us lots of lies and taking money from us. I am decided to do it myself

If anyone know someone in Prince Edward University that will be super helpful also.

Thanks my great people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Obiwests: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
berexio1:
Yes, u will have to do biometrics again and apply afresh. have u decided to change your program of study to a PGD? And also think of writing a very good statement of purpose to convince them that u genuinely intend to study..

I have decided to change my program to PGD for September 2016 admission. Do you have any sample Statement of purpose I can look at? I thought the SOP I wrote was good enough but apparently it wasn't.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Obiwests:

I have decided to change my program to PGD for September 2016 admission. Do you have any sample Statement of purpose I can look at? I thought the SOP I wrote was good enough but apparently it wasn't.
No I dont. Your SOP should be unique and carry ur message. You can have a look at some format online google.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Obiwests: 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
berexio1:
No I dont. Your SOP should be unique and carry ur message. You can have a look at some format online google.

Sorry man I'm bombarding you with questions. I just want to get things straight before I re-submit. Im not sure if my brother will have time to get his bank statement or other support docs mailed it to me again. He works off shore. Can I use the same bank statement (current till September) and other supporting documents I used in the past and re-apply? The refusal letter states that I can reapply if I feel that I can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that my situation meets the requirements.

I was thinking about writing another SOP and get more supporting docs as proof of family ties.. What do you think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ManTiger(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
Obiwests:
Thanks Berexio. I am a graduate of Accounting program here in Nigeria but my brother advised me to do a Diploma program in Accounting. I want to re-apply. Do you have any idea if I'd be required to do another Biometrics? Is it ok if I re-submit the same supporting documents I used in the previous application but this time with more detailed letter to prove that I'm genuinely going to study and will return after my studies?
Thats a turnoff to VO.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
@leemond Did you gt any update from CIC confirming your medical after you went for it without medical form?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by john4affiliate: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
Obiwests:
Hello guyz, I need your help.

I applied for a diploma program which will start in January 2016
My Study permit application was submitted online on the 12 Sep 2015
I received a letter to go do medicals on Oct 19
I did the medicals on Oct 22
Online profile updated to Medicals Passed on Oct 29
Today I received a letter that my application was refused with the following reasons:
*travel history
*family ties in Canada and in country of residence
*purpose of visit

All these while, I thought my application was being processed in Nigeria but the refusal letter was signed in Accra Ghana. My brother is my sponsor and he's a Canadian citizen. He wants to call the embassy first before he appeals the case. Does anybody know what number to call? Or can I reapply immediately? Please I need your advice

Bro which course did you studied here and what course did you applied for in canny
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Obiwests: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
ManTiger:

Thats a turnoff to VO.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by damilare222: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thefavouredgirl:
It simply means your passport has been forwarded to that canada visa office in Ghana where your application will be reviewed.
Relax and be prayerful, Sucess is yours!
favor please lets kip in touch am also goin to conestoga in jan. contact me on allisondamilare@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by cojoman2k5: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
cojoman2k5:

Can someone get Visa for unconditional admission (meaning the school wants you to satisfy English requirements when you arrive)

Please i need this help for my sister. I am in the United states and we have been using this Agent and they have been telling us lots of lies and taking money from us. I am decided to do it myself

If anyone know someone in Prince Edward University that will be super helpful also.

Thanks my great people.

Please guys help on this topic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by damilare222: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
cojoman2k5:

Did you have to pay deposit to get the visa? Can you explain your process for me please. Looking for my little sister.
wat deposit. i only paid deposit of 1500 before processin d visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by cojoman2k5: 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
damilare222:

wat deposit. i only paid deposit of 1500 before processin d visa

Thanks a lot. Was the deposit to the school or to an agent? What is the name of your University? I am residing in the USA but wanted me sister to go to a Canadian University (because they are cheaper) and the agents are very stupid in Nigeria so i decided to take it on myself.

Thanks a lot for your help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bodeblaq: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
how many weeks before resumption date is most logical for someone to submit the visa application, all documents are ready but trying to work on raising money for school fees payment and accounts as it is quite much, the program is just 8 months though

thesoj:
You don't need to use an agent.
See this post, and view this document. Also, use Google to fill in the gaps or read from page 1 of Part 9 of this thread meticulously.

Estimate how long it would take you to gather all the required documents, and then determine if to defer or not. You should be able to do said estimation within a week, if you carefully and critically go through all the links above. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
Obiwests:

Sorry man I'm bombarding you with questions. I just want to get things straight before I re-submit. Im not sure if my brother will have time to get his bank statement or other support docs mailed it to me again. He works off shore. Can I use the same bank statement (current till September) and other supporting documents I used in the past and re-apply? The refusal letter states that I can reapply if I feel that I can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that my situation meets the requirements.

I was thinking about writing another SOP and get more supporting docs as proof of family ties.. What do you think?
Ur statement should reflect up to ur application month or within a month. U can still use other supporting docs like affidavit n credentials that are not affected by anytin
Lastly, I see that 'family ties' reason as an offpoint reason, thesame way I see 'travel history'. It is some reason u can't change or do a shit abt. Sincerely, I haven't figured out how to advise anyone on that!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dallydd: 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
@thesoj..uhmmm u dont reply email again hmmmmmm..
thesoj:
@Zionplace, I second @obiscolly's suggestion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Obagomez1: 12:26am On Nov 07, 2015
forelite:
Any one in the house going to Durham College of Applied Arts and Science for Fall Session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urgent response is required.

What's up bro? I'm intending to go for a course at Durham College...Music Business Management in 2016.... are u schooling there already? May i have you e-mail or mobile number?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by KMariane: 12:27am On Nov 07, 2015
berexio1:
Lol..your funny>>Think positive bro..if them wan deny you na 1 hand..E go just show.... grin

yes oohh. Lolllll... am Mariane, a sister.lollll
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:32am On Nov 07, 2015
My guy relax jor grin
You dey expect instantaneous response abi grin grin grin. Na just eight hours ago you send your mail, which na morning for my time zone. I get job wey I gast do bros.

I go respond within 24-48 hours, otherwise I go give you a rushed response which no go dey ideal. Relax boss.
dallydd:
@thesoj..uhmmm u dont reply email again hmmmmmm..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:34am On Nov 07, 2015
The average TRV processing time is 8 weeks.
bodeblaq:
how many weeks before resumption date is most logical for someone to submit the visa application, all documents are ready but trying to work on raising money for school fees payment and accounts as it is quite much, the program is just 8 months though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by manny14: 2:04am On Nov 07, 2015
Yes you can use a genuine agent for both.
I believe you would need to pay the school fees before a fixed date that differs with each school.
Within 8 weeks, it could be more, it could be less.
Yes you can get a visa with conditional admission provided you'd be able to meet those conditions.
N/B: I Stand corrected.
cojoman2k5:

Thanks my great people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemology(f): 4:22am On Nov 07, 2015
Hindman:

Atal i havent gotten the Visa yet..jst want to reapply
ok they denied u before ok is well just try pls God is in control.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 6:10am On Nov 07, 2015
KMariane:

yes oohh. Lolllll... am Mariane, a sister.lollll
Oh my bad...sorry Maam!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vicumej: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2015
Please house, anyone has admission to Memorial University? How did you go about your reference letters which must come from official email addresses?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Hindman: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2015
yemology:
ok they denied u before ok is well just try pls God is in control.
what can i do?do u think my brother should transfer the funds to my moms account because she has bin saving the money there??..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by utcheylee: 9:39am On Nov 07, 2015
Good morning everyone, please anyone going to lambton college?, am applying for hospitality management for sept intake,I need few clarifications.
How long it takes for the school to give you admission if I apply this December.
@ gurus in the which county is better to do pgd or graduate cert for future PR. I have seen d list of colleges and checked some but don't know the one that gives admission easily.
@ chrigo if your still in this forum I sent you a mail with the gmail u gave me last year pls respond.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by just001: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2015
sholay2011:
@Team12...

Thanks for the mention. You're going to Winnipeg too right? What airline are you going with? Mine is lufthansa.

I got admission in UWinnpeg which i have also applied for visa hoping i succeed in getting visa. Im looking for someone already in winnipeg that can assist me in getting a cheap accommodation. I don't mind sharing accommodation with someone. I will also want to know some food stuff that im allowed to carry along
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Habeeb521(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2015
any international student in Canada that might have done a change of program should holla pls, and State the procedures. or any Seneca college student in Ontario in particular.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.