Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038858 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fatanu: 6:57am On Nov 08, 2015
letter written to professor asking for them to be your supervisor. i need a sample.

manny14:
I don't really get. What exactly is the letter about?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by edwinbiz(m): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2015
Yo my people how is it going it's been a while tho, warm greetings from Regina Saskatchewan. Just felt like dropping some useful advice I didn't get before i travelled. My advice to anyone coming over to Canada is that you should buy every single thing you need in this life in naija while coming, especially clothings and shoes because the prices of those stuffs can be so annoying over here. Come in with U.s dollars and not Canadian dollars So you Can get extra cash when you change to CAD. Make sure you get very thick winter jacket in Nigeria cuz you don't wanna know how much it cost over here. Anything you get here should be an addition to what you have already. wink goodluck

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by edwinbiz(m): 7:39am On Nov 08, 2015
Theanonymous9:

Edwin don forget me o!

Abeg kindly write down all the documents u submitted for your application. How's UofR treating you? Do you stay off campus?
Nooooo, we thank God oo I'm just pushing it gradually. I stay off campus.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2015
gabrola:
It is high time i shared my testimony. I applied for study permit online July 27, got medical call oct 16, and approval mail oct .............

cool Deed of transfer with Survey and approved building plan.
I hereby give thanks to God and then to every member of this thread #TeamMUN all da way

congratulobia!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 8:26am On Nov 08, 2015
EmmaMsc:

congratulobia!
thanks baba mi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CHERIPH: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tobbyosmond: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2015
Hello I am new here, I already did my medical Whc I got an update on3rd Nov. Dat I passed, I want to ask, how many weeks does it take to request for passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Yettyseye: 10:35am On Nov 08, 2015
Hello somebody,
I am really thinking of reapplying for a study visa, how soon can I reapply after being denied, then can I change the school and course. I hope the fact that I am being denied once will not affect my chances this time

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2015
Yettyseye:
Hello somebody,
I am really thinking of reapplying for a study visa, how soon can I reapply after being denied, then can I change the school and course. I hope the fact that I am being denied once will not affect my chances this time
How many reasons were ticked?What are the reasons? Pls update us so you can get the advise u need...

As for how soon? U can even apply the next day provided you do justice to all the reasons highlighted..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2015
tobbyosmond:
Hello I am new here, I already did my medical Whc I got an update on3rd Nov. Dat I passed, I want to ask, how many weeks does it take to request for passport
There are no laid down specifics...it varies from 2days to several weeks...Patience is a virtue...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tobbyosmond: 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
Thank you so much for ur response @berexi01. God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tobbyosmond: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Please ooo, the whole house am interested to link up with anyone heading to Manitoba province in January.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obaraima: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
tobbyosmond:

Pls wen did u do Ur medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy sunday to you Nairalanders,

Please i need your help concerning my acceptance letter which am yet to recieve from the school... Although a mail was sent to me when i accepted the admission. This document is the only outstanding doc. I am thinking of printing out the mail the sent as acknowledgment to serve as the letter of acceptance. Will that do? I have mailed the school with my last strength yet no response. Please help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Caleycash(m): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
manny14:
Depends on your intended course of study or school.
Usually students from Nigeria don't need it.
thanks man... cuz am not in naija, and agent insists I must write ielts or TOEFL, I think I will just free the agent and do my tin on my own, cus I don't have time for that English proficiency exam, thanks again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
Habeeb521:
Alright no problem
yeah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hie pls I need an advise in this place.i will be travelling to canada by 1st week of dec cos my skol start in jan but I want. To. Spend this xmas with my friend in windsor but my skol is in barrie.i don't wana have issue at d point of entry so pls I need an advise.thanks pls I need a reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 2:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
bukky85:

Please i need your help concerning my acceptance letter which am yet to recieve from the school... Although a mail was sent to me when i accepted the admission. This document is the only outstanding doc. I am thinking of printing out the mail the sent as acknowledgment to serve as the letter of acceptance. Will that do? I have mailed the school with my last strength yet no response. Please help.
did u send it by post mail or email? I am assuming you are going to uOttawa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Yes please.

favourities101:
did u send it by post mail or email? I am assuming you are going to uOttawa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
I sent mails upon mails..yet no response.

bukky85:
Yes please.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
bukky85:

When did they send u the mail to accept admission? Usually it takes like a week or more for them to draft ur admission letter after the mail depending on ur school. I was in ur situation before and someone advised me to call them. Am sure u have their number somewhere in ur email..Hope this helps!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
Thanks alot.. i think i'll just use the email they sent to me pending the time i they respond... I'll still call tomorrow though. It's just that there is not much time letf to apply for trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
bukky85:
Thanks alot.. i think i'll just use the email they sent to me pending the time i they respond... I'll still call tomorrow though. It's just that there is not much time letf to apply for trv.
madam wats the outcome of ur call? I won't advise u to use the email..The LOA is a prerequisite for visa and a very important document. Its not just abt whether you have been accepted or not.The document is binding on a contract.And u could be denied based on not providing it.I hope u are on upfront medicals tho so the process wud be faster for u..There is still a little window of time..Imagine, u submit ur app and ur sch issues the letter next week..Apply wisdom biko!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by osexce: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
metrecube:

Include it bro. It will serve as good home tie for you.

Thanks bro for your response and advice. I will do just that. But will there be any need to attach soa of the business account; because the account is new and don't really have much transaction?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by osexce: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hello house and happy Sunday
Please I need anybody who got admission from Thompson Rivers University, still yet to apply for visa, already gotten a visa or already in Canada. I need to ask few questions about TRU. Please someone respond. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
i have emailed you to show you the docs i have from the school proberbly am the one mistaken. Thank you

berexio1:
madam wats the outcome of ur call? I won't advise u to use the email..The LOA is a prerequisite for visa and a very important document. Its not just abt whether you have been accepted or not.The document is binding on a contract.And u could be denied based on not providing it.I hope u are on upfront medicals tho so the process wud be faster for u..There is still a little window of time..Imagine, u submit ur app and ur sch issues the letter next week..Apply wisdom biko!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
Pls someone should reply my question pls.pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hie please. Any one goin to barrie this winter at ontario.i will be skolin at georgian college and I need a roomate to share an apartment. With.plls holla back
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
bukky85:
i have emailed you to show you the docs i have from the school proberbly am the one mistaken. Thank you

Seen and replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
loriaidah:
Pls someone should reply my question pls.pls
What's ur question @loriaidah?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
So I can use either the tracking number or the CIC portal?
metrecube:

You will soon receive a mail with your track number. With this you can track your application and know d progress. If u applied online u can also know d progress through cic portal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.