Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040269 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rsavvy: 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
unibadan:
Hello my good people,

I have a friend who has BSc in Quantity Survey, and an MBA. She has over 15 years’ experience in banking. She has never used the BSc degree to work in quantity survey related job, so there is a knowledge gap. Right now she wants to set up a consulting company as a quantity surveyor. Because she has no knowledge on current operations in the field, she is considering doing another BSc degree in Quantity Survey in Canada to brush up. What are her chances of getting a student visa?

I understand she needs to prepare a SOP as part of visa requirement. What explanation will suffice in SOP and will sound convincing?

Thank you.
After 15/years working a bachelors just seems too low seems she already even has a bachelors ...my view is a diploma of 2years preferably with a work term is much better angle
One doesn't have to know the nitty gritty to run a business
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hi guys, I have a pressing question. I was recently issued my postgraduate work permit while in Nigeria. My visa expired in April so do i need to apply from Nigeria or send my passport back to canada to get it stamped with a visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by xpress101(m): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
Please i need SOP sample format. I'm applying this december

Thanks
rsavvy:

After 15/years working a bachelors just seems too low seems she already even has a bachelors ...my view is a diploma of 2years preferably with a work term is much better angle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yetunde84: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello everyone! Pls I need to know wen I sud apply for my trv, d resumption date is Sept. 2016.

I was denied July dis year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ayodeledej(f): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
rsavvy:
This forum has been of immense help to so many people
And the good thing is people keep moving on and other people come.in ...its interesting
I used this forum as guide to get mybstudy permit last year and I am now working in Canada
I want to bring my wife on an a spouse open work permit, does anyone have experience or info about that ?
I understand most people here are going the study route

What exactly are your questions and I would first advice you do your research well on cic website and Google
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by unibadan(m): 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
rsavvy:

Thank you for your response.

The issue is the position of the VO concerning the fact that she already has BSc in the intended course. What will likely be in the SOP to convince the VO?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hopefulme: 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello everyone. Please how long does it take to get back passport if one request for interim withdrawal of international passport during trv application for urgent travel.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Good day house,
I have a huge problem at hand.
I applied for the student visa and did the biometrics.
We applied through the online route
While we were trying to track the application on the cic portal we couldn't log in. My dad said he might have forgotten the password.
But after the biometrics, VFS sent me an email with the tracking number and there website.
Is this enough to track the entire application?
Would I be contacted for both medicals or passport through the CIC portal or through email?
What I'm saying is that can my application still go on as normal without being able to log into CIC but with the tracking number. Thank you house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by KMariane: 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
chigoziri7:
Good morning house. Please i need some advice.

@Khalesi, @thesoj, @montrealer @EmmaMsc and all,
Please as a graduate of french langauge (B.A 2005, 2.1, 3.77 GP) with over 7years professional experience in Human Resources, Apart from applying for an MBA or Masters in HR or Masters in French Language, Which other course or program can i apply to and Justify well in an SOP directly or indirectly using my language skills and professional skills.

Thank you for your advice.

Hi chigoziri, i read your post ,Do you speak french? i speak french fluently and God willing am going to Quebec at Laval university to pursue my study in MBA in Supply Chain Management(Winter 2016). what about you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by damilare222: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
unibadan:
Hello my good people,

I have a friend who has BSc in Quantity Survey, and an MBA. She has over 15 years’ experience in banking. She has never used the BSc degree to work in quantity survey related job, so there is a knowledge gap. Right now she wants to set up a consulting company as a quantity surveyor. Because she has no knowledge on current operations in the field, she is considering doing another BSc degree in Quantity Survey in Canada to brush up. What are her chances of getting a student visa?

I understand she needs to prepare a SOP as part of visa requirement. What explanation will suffice in SOP and will sound convincing?

Thank you.

am a graduate of quantity surveying goin for PGC in conestoga ontario. can you link her up with me
my mail is allisondamilare@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by stinux(f): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
hadeytee:
Hi pls who knows anything about Red river college in Maniitoba

Yeah, I was offered admission there to study International Business next year May but am trying other options that could give me a 2 years course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by unibadan(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
damilare222:

am a graduate of quantity surveying goin for PGC in conestoga ontario. can you link her up with me
my mail is allisondamilare@yahoo.com

Thankz.

I have given her your email. She will contact you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by stinux(f): 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
chucksbadt:
Any prospective applicant to the University of Ottawa in the house?
I need some clarifications.

One here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
AverageNed:
Good day house,
I have a huge problem at hand.
I applied for the student visa and did the biometrics.
We applied through the online route
While we were trying to track the application on the cic portal we couldn't log in. My dad said he might have forgotten the password.
But after the biometrics, VFS sent me an email with the tracking number and there website.
Is this enough to track the entire application?
Would I be contacted for both medicals or passport through the CIC portal or through email?
What I'm saying is that can my application still go on as normal without being able to log into CIC but with the tracking number. Thank you house.
No u will not be able to check for updates even after u receive a mail of such becos u don't av the password, hence u won't be able to successfully track what's going on.

My advice will be for u to try to retrieve ur password via the security questions u wrote and answered ursef. Tracking via VFS won't update u about changes..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mekurexx: 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
The program you are applying for, does it require you emailing a potential supervisor before applying?
stinux:

One here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
sellmyadiva:
Hi guys, I have a pressing question. I was recently issued my postgraduate work permit while in Nigeria. My visa expired in April so do i need to apply from Nigeria or send my passport back to canada to get it stamped with a visa?

This is urgent guy!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello house, After getting a medical mail last week Monday without the medical form. I went to IOM to make enquiry. But I was told I will need the IME. The lady at the reception tried to check on there system but found nothing and she said I can only book on upfront so they will generate an IME for me. . However I have sent CIC mail since last week and no response till now. I told them at IOM to book me for the upfront. I am just worried because the deadline will be next Monday. I don't want to jeopardize anything so I'm willing to take the risk. I just hope I am safe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fatanu: 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Guys pls i need a sample of letter written to potential supervisors... i dont know if im not getting something right.... they are not replying my mails....i need a sample.

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by princeade09: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
admitted to Dalhousie university January 2016 for four years bachelor of arts, naija boy but I am in ivory coast (Abidjan) but had education in Ghana. applied for trv on 30th October and biometric the same day paper route, submitted all requited documents accordingly but haven't received medical mail yet, can anyone tell me what isn't right? or am I rushing?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/28#34729512
fatanu:
Guys pls i need a sample of letter written to a Professor requesting for them to supervise your msc. Anybody plssss.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oppytexu: 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
princeade09:
admitted to Dalhousie university January 2016 for four years bachelor of arts, naija boy but I am in ivory coast (Abidjan) but had education in Ghana. applied for trv on 30th October and biometric the same day paper route, submitted all requited documents accordingly but haven't received medical mail yet, can anyone tell me what isn't right? or am I rushing?

Everything is alright! You need to calm down sir! You will hear from cic once it's time. Application take 2week - 12weeks depending on rush hour. It could be more sometimes. So please take chill cold water and rest. You will be call for medical when it's time. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fatanu: 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemology(f): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello God is at work my sister got her visa today without medical mail, no upfront medical with virgin passport. The only mail gotten is ur document has been dispatched thinking she was denied but God did it am having hope on my God show ur self. Pls did it mean she will do medical when she get to canada.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by princeade09: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
oppytexu:

Everything is alright! You need to calm down sir! You will hear from cic once it's time. Application take 2week - 12weeks depending on rush hour. It could be more sometimes. So please take chill cold water and rest. You will be call for medical when it's time. Cheers

thanx so much boss in fact I don't sleep well since 10 days ago, because I don't know my fate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
yemology:
Hello God is at work my sister got her visa today without medical mail, no upfront medical with virgin passport. The only mail gotten is ur document has been dispatched thinking she was denied but God did it am having hope on my God show ur self. Pls did it mean she will do medical when she get to canada.
Wow, this your story sounds like a cool story , its rare, I haven't seen it before, but if its true, I don't think she'll do any medical again

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oppytexu: 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
yemology:

Is it a visiting or study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SantohFilz(m): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
OtunbaJega:

Don't send your sister to PEI

Why do you say so?

Are you in PEI?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ak4christ: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
rsavvy:
This forum has been of immense help to so many people
And the good thing is people keep moving on and other people come.in ...its interesting
I used this forum as guide to get mybstudy permit last year and I am now working in Canada
I want to bring my wife on an a spouse open work permit, does anyone have experience or info about that ?
I understand most people here are going the study route

Yea this forum is for study but ppl av answered question on SOWP,but I will want to ask why don't you apply for your wife from within canada if you can easily get a visiting visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemology(f): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
wayaa007:

Wow, this your story sounds like a cool story , its rare, I haven't seen it before, but if its true, I don't think she'll do any medical again
we are all suprised even me still waiting for my own miracle happens
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemology(f): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
oppytexu:

Is it a visiting or study permit?
study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
yemology:

Hmmm.......... Very rare ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lina1990: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
Anniem1:

http://gcmsnow.com/ - so far, the cheapest GCMS ordering service I managed to find

Hope it will help

Wanted to share: I contacted them at http://gcmsnow.com/ and asked to clarify a few things in my GCMS and they did for free. So use if you need small help. They did not charge, just answered my query smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.