Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040356 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vickyehi: 7:04am On Dec 13, 2015
Thanks for the refferal ..... ..pls any one going to Brandon university? ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 7:26am On Dec 13, 2015
Hello house, for paper application, am I meant to photocopy all the documents. Like the SOA, can I just sent the original. Copy, for my other documents I can just photocopy them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by skymorbabs: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2015
ikem01:
Hello house, for paper application, am I meant to photocopy all the documents. Like the SOA, can I just sent the original. Copy, for my other documents I can just photocopy them.

U ar to submit 1 photocopy of ur credentials, original SOA, 2 white background passport. 2 photocopy of ur passport page & d original international passport.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2015
bencheda:
Every one expecting trv approval wld get it on monday who wants to bet with me my mouth always say good things and it alway come to pass so claim it now. Am number 1 anyways

Amen by Gods grace.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Who's travelling to Manitoba for winter term? Am I the only seeing that ticket prices this period are so high... Minimum I've seen is still above 400k. Chai embarassed

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vickyehi: 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
Thanks for the help so far......I have Learnt a lot in a short while

My step brother wants to be my sponsor but from what I i have seen so far, would it be a good idea to leave him as sole sponsor cos he has 4 dependants as in his children all of which are in canada as both him an his kids are citizens or to add another step brother as Co sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
obiscolly:
Who's travelling to Manitoba for winter term? Am I the only seeing that ticket prices this period are so high... Minimum I've seen is still above 400k. Chai embarassed

Check travelstart. Com or wakanow. Com. You should get something less than that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
skymorbabs:

U ar to submit 1 photocopy of ur credentials, original SOA, 2 white background passport. 2 photocopy of ur passport page & d original international passport.
Thank u boss, but I have more than one international passport, would I submit all and photocopy just the recent one, also my Transcript I should just photocopy it. Thanks for ur reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
iykedare:

Check travelstart. Com or wakanow. Com. You should get something less than that.
My brother I've checked those sites several times... Even this morning. Egypt air is comparatively cheaper but that's a troubled region and don't wanna risk passing there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2015
obiscolly:

My brother I've checked those sites several times... Even this morning. Egypt air is comparatively cheaper but that's a troubled region and don't wanna risk passing there.
Why is it that people are so scared about egypt air..well thats the cheapest during this period

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
ohaveez:

Why is it that people are so scared about egypt air..well thats the cheapest during this period
Are you going to fly with them? How much did your flight ticket cost?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2015
obiscolly:
Are you going to fly with them? How much did your flight ticket cost?
160k..yeah im flying with them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
obiscolly:
Check ethiopian (esp from Abuja) and turkish airlines.
Also use cheapflights.com.ng
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
Good this is my first comments here. I applied for study permit but I was denied on 19th Nov. based on 2 reasons :
1. You do not have enough financial resources to pay tuition fees without engaging....
2.You do not have enough financial resources to maintain yourself...
I submitted my company SOA with closing balance of 7.5m. Personal Acc 1.3m along with other relevant documents stated on this platform. Please advice me on what to do?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
loriaidah:
Pls help check my documents.about to submit my application.
Personal document
CIC forms,employment document, letter of sponsorship from employer, letter of intro,soa of employer, payslip, personal soa, upfront medical, transcripts,credentials,admission letter,int.passport, passport photo,sop.

Co sponsor husband
Employments documents,letter of intro from his oga,soa, sponsorship letter stating how much he is making available,declaration of sponsorship, payslip,int.passport,RSA, visa pages.

Co sponsor 2 uncle
Employments doc.soa, sponsorship letter and declaration, int.passport and visa pages.

Pls help make corrections before I submit next week.

I think you're okay with these but you can add your marriage certificate. Try and cross-examine the information you filled in all your forms thoroughly. That might give you pointers to what documents you may need to add.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
vickyehi:
Thanks for the help so far......I have Learnt a lot in a short while

My step brother wants to be my sponsor but from what I i have seen so far, would it be a good idea to leave him as sole sponsor cos he has 4 dependants as in his children all of which are in canada as both him an his kids are citizens or to add another step brother as Co sponsor
If your other sponsor is willing, by all means let him sponsor you provided his account is in good stead.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
ikem01:

Thank u boss, but I have more than one international passport, would I submit all and photocopy just the recent one, also my Transcript I should just photocopy it. Thanks for ur reply
Use the passport you intend to travel with.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Pls house, i studied computer sc. And I applied for business diploma in my 1st application bt was denied. My questions are,
In my next application,
1.) Can I change course to a computer based course?
2.) Can I change the content of my c.v , SOP ?
3.) Should I write the UCI number on my rejection letter in my new application ?

Pls I hope it will affect my new application ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
SAMUELS3:
Good this is my first comments here. I applied for study permit but I was denied on 19th Nov. based on 2 reasons :
1. You do not have enough financial resources to pay tuition fees without engaging....
2.You do not have enough financial resources to maintain yourself...
I submitted my company SOA with closing balance of 7.5m. Personal Acc 1.3m along with other relevant documents stated on this platform. Please advice me on what to do?.
You should probably shed more light on your application so the house can offer informed assistance.
For example when you say "my company", do you mean a company you work for or you own the company?
Also, how much is your tuition and duration of programme?
Are you a self sponsor or otherwise?
Once you identify these points, all you need to do is identify if there's need to review the amount (and the amount your sponsor declared would be made available) you quoted for funds available in your application.
Based on the first reason you mentioned, you might consider paying tuition (at least for a term) and showing evidence of payment in your next application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
afolaseg:
Pls house, i studied computer sc. And I applied for business diploma in my 1st application bt was denied. My questions are,
In my next application,
1.) Can I change course to a computer based course?
2.) Can I change the content of my c.v , SOP ?
3.) Should I write the UCI number on my rejection letter in my new application ?

Pls I hope it will affect my new application ?
1. Yes, you can change but reflect this in your SOP. However, tackle other reasons for your denial too. (To clear any ambiguity, by reflect I mean you should write that you have chosen so so computer course and highlight reasons/motive for choosing it, what you hope to achieve by getting a degree of it etc.)
2. If you have new information to update on your CV, please do that. It won't hurt. Yes, you need a new SOP to explain the change in #1 above among other things you need to tell the VO.
3. Yes, enter your UCI number in your new application. We can only hope it affects your new application positively. Each application is treated as a fresh application to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
seiraries:

1. Yes, you can change but reflect this in your SOP. However, tackle other reasons for your denial too. (To clear any ambiguity, by reflect I mean you should write that you have chosen so so computer course and highlight reasons/motive for choosing it, what you hope to achieve by getting a degree of it etc.)
2. If you have new information to update on your CV, please do that. It won't hurt. Yes, you need a new SOP to explain the change in #1 above among other things you need to tell the VO.
3. Yes, enter your UCI number in your new application. We can only hope it affects your new application positively. Each application is treated as a fresh application to the best of my knowledge.

Bro, pls I sent you pm nw. Can you pls reply me ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by anonymoussss: 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
Happy Sunday to y'all
I am 20yrs of age, Bsc Comp.sci and i am currently participating in the one year compulsory youth service program. However, i have been admitted in Georgian college Ontario for fall next year. I plan to process my application January...Won't my age be a factor? and nysc program wont be over till September, so wont this affect my application?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to searh for flights over a range of dates. This software is what travel agents use.

I did a quick search for flights to Winnipeg and I see it is consistently above N400k.

But a trick you can use is to book a flight to Toronto using Egypt Air, and then book another separate flight from Toronto to Winnipeg.

A one-way via Egypt Air from Lagos to Toronto on Dec 27th is N180k. A one-way from Toronto to Winnipeg on Dec 28 is (300CAD).

The total estimate using this strategy is N180k+N45k=N225k.

I see your point about not wanting to fly thru Egypt, but it is not really a hot zone.

obiscolly:

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
thesoj:
Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to searh for flights over a range of dates. This software is what travel agents use.

I did a quick search for flights to Winnipeg and I see it is consistently above N400k.

But a trick you can use is to book a flight to Toronto using Egypt Air, and then book another separate flight from Toronto to Winnipeg.

A one-way via Egypt Air from Lagos to Toronto on Dec 27th is N180k. A one-way from Toronto to Winnipeg on Dec 28 is (300CAD).

I see your point about not wanting to fly thru Egypt, but it is not really a hot zone.

Nice one bro, pls no forget me bro.. Pls am waiting on you as all my documents are set, only waiting for you to proofread and I go for submission. Doing this to know my SOP are well writing and organized.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
anonymoussss:
Happy Sunday to y'all
I am 20yrs of age, Bsc Comp.sci and i am currently participating in the one year compulsory youth service program. However, i have been admitted in Georgian college Ontario for fall next year. I plan to process my application January...Won't my age be a factor? and nysc program wont be over till September, so wont this affect my application?
Thanks
Mr. annonymouss, i fink age isn't a factor, you are good to go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
obiscolly:

Try Lufthansa or klm but these ones will be so expensive. Nothing less than 360k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
ohaveez:

160k..yeah im flying with them
Woow! U must have booked quite early. Wish I did the same too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
iykedare:

Try Lufthansa or klm but these ones will be so expensive. Nothing less than 360k.
Lufthansa says 430k+. Same with KLM. I checked them out this morning.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
thesoj:

Thanks man. In fact I observed Egypt air is cheapest on Christmas day (cheaper than 27th), but I won't be able to leave till the new year for some reasons. I'm looking at 3rd of January for now. I'll try out your strategy, hopefully it works for a cheaper fare on the 3rd.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Just responded. Btw, proofreading well is not easy... it is hard & tedious because it requires my intense focus lol.
afolaseg:
Nice one bro, pls no forget me bro.. Pls am waiting on you as all my documents are set, only waiting for you to proofread and I go for submission. Doing this to know my SOP are well writing and organized.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mbasam: 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
pls is any one going to saskatoon this winter or any nigeria guy in saskatoon (uofs) pls respond have some questio?.
Hapi sunday 2 every1, to those hoping 4 trv, i wish u guys, dat d new week wil bring in lots of trv for the hopfuls.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
thesoj:
Just responded. Btw, proofreading well is not easy... it is hard & tedious because it requires my intense focus lol.

Thanks bro.. i just got it. i really appreciate. i understand bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.