Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038413 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
No, not really. You do NOT need to learn the language before you can be granted but you do need to know the language to cope in Germany. You do not need to be thoroughly fluent, you just need enough to get you by.
estherdim:

But considering their language and durationof processing visa inko?
I heard i will have to learn their language before i can be granted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
DanIndia:
A 2 year degree in Canada automatically qualifies you for a 3 year PGWP and then later on to PR processing. The max you get with Germany after studies is 18 months. Though there are jobs but with the refugee invasion as of late - you'll have to hang in there.
A 2 year degree or diploma doesn't always guarantee a 3 year pgwp. I know a lad that graduated from Nait's engineering diploma program that was given 1 year pgwp. Dude is back in Nigeria now despite having an awesome job within that one year.
Also a pgwp doesn't always lead to permanent residence. A PR application is a different ball game on it's own.
In addition, immigration programs all around the world are dynamic and not rigid in nature. Alot of factors are taken into consideration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
Last week...
He hasn't piked up his docs yet
humbleosazee:

Pls, when was paper route February 25 replied? Pls kindly reply this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by humbleosazee: 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Last week...
He hasn't piked up his docs yet

Pls sorry for the many questions, was the applicant denied. Pls kindly reply @hayqinsbFX
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
NAIT is a polytechnic and do not offer degree programs. They only offer diplomas
My comment clearly states a 2 year degree and not a diploma. I'll quote it here again "A 2 year degree in Canada automatically qualifies you for a 3 year PGWP"
princey83:

A 2 year degree or diploma doesn't always guarantee a 3 year pgwp. I know a lad that graduated from Nait's engineering diploma program that was given 1 year pgwp. Dude is back in Nigeria now despite having an awesome job within that one year.
Also a pgwp doesn't always lead to permanent residence. A PR application is a different ball game on it's own.
In addition, immigration programs all around the world are dynamic and not rigid in nature. Alot of factors are taken into consideration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
Yea
humbleosazee:

Pls sorry for the many questions, was the applicant denied. Pls kindly reply @hayqinsbFX
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
I don't think so. The dashing out part was a figurative speech.
princey83:

Are there any universities in Canada that dash out admissions freely apart from the lowly-rated colleges? (with the exception of members of polytechnics Canada).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
DanIndia:
NAIT is a polytechnic and do not offer degree programs. They only offer diplomas
My comment clearly states a 2 year degree and not a diploma. I'll quote it here again "A 2 year degree in Canada automatically qualifies you for a 3 year PGWP"
Okay, what is a 2 year degree. Can you tell me of a school in Canada that offers a 2 years degree? and don't even bother to include the after degree or after diploma programs.
And of course, nait and sait do offer degree programs. I realised you like passing on information that you have little idea of.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
A masters degree is mostly referred to as a 2 years degree because of the 2 year study duration. However, it is not the only 2 year degree out there. Some UNIs also offer Associates degree and Bachelors Degree as 2 years degree each.
Schools that offer such masters degree are UoT, Ryerson, UBC etc. These are the ones I can think off of my head right now.

Oh, I may have been wrong about NAIT. I have never heard of that Polytechnic before. It's possible for them to offer degree programs but most Colleges/Polytechnics that I've seen offering degrees are joint with other universities. You attend classes at the premises for some days and some at the main campus and some online too.
princey83:

Okay, what is a 2 year degree. Can you tell me of a school in Canada that offers a 2 years degree? and don't even bother to include the after degree or after diploma programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
From cic's website. Words like "may" and "could" were emphasized all through the paragraph.
Nothing from that post States that it has to be a two masters degree. All that is required is a post-secondary education.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
OK. So are you trying to say Graduates of 2 year degrees do not quality for PGWP ? To be honest, your friend's situation is the first I've seen to be given a 1 year PGWP. He must have been given these for one of two reasons.
1. The duration of his program wasn't long. Probably less than 2 years (or)
2. His passport is set to expire in a year as the CIC doesn't award permits with validity exceeding the validity of your passport.

Brother, stop misrepresenting information. I gave you an example of a 2 year degree. Listed are Associates, Bachelors and Masters but you decided to ponder on Masters. Let me quote my initial post here just so you understand. CHOO!!!

"DanIndia:
A 2 year degree in Canada automatically qualifies you for a 3 year PGWP and then later on to PR processing. The max you get with Germany after studies is 18 months. Though there are jobs but with the refugee invasion as of late - you'll have to hang in there."

princey83:
From cic's website. Words like "may" and "could" were emphasized all through the paragraph.
Nothing from that post States that it has to be a two masters degree. All that is required is a post-secondary education.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
DanIndia:
OK. So are you trying to see Graduates of 2 year degrees do not quality for PGWP ? To be honest, your friend's situation is the first I've seen to be given a 1 year PGWP. He must have been given these for one of two reason.
1. The duration of his program wasn't short. Probably less than 2 years (or)
2. His passport is set to expire in a year as the CIC doesn't award permits with validity exceeding the validity of your passport.
I never said that. I believe diplomas, bachelors, MSc, PhD all fall under post secondary education.

what i am saying is that: CIC does not guarantee or it is not automatic(like you posted above) that you would get exactly 3 years just because you completed a post secondary of more than 2 years duration.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oh well then. You're right!
I get what you're saying now. I totally do smiley

princey83:

I never said that. I believe diplomas, bachelors, MSc, PhD all fall under post secondary education.

what i am saying is that: CIC does not guarantee or it is not automatic(like you posted above) that you would get exactly 3 years just because you completed a post secondary of more than 2 years duration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
DanIndia:
Oh well then. You're right!
I get what you're saying now. I totally do smiley
The guy I was referring to was just unfortunate. His program was a 2 year diploma, and he had enough validity on his passport. He had a job right out of college that would net him over 80k/yr with OT.
I believe those that get less than 3 years are not much though but some still do.Nice having you here. Got to go now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Made123: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hello Friends, I started following this thread lately from Part 9, Page 364. I got an admission to Centennial College 2 days ago. But I was told that a soft copy of my admission letter would be only sent when I make a deposit of 2300 CAD(a policy that was recently introduced by the college since they don't take application fees). The other option I was given is to follow up with a Canadian based Agent of Elmos International from Nigeria who is an official agent of the college. My Admission Letter(hard copy) has been sent on transit to him and I am expected to follow up with him regarding my study permit. I intend processing my 2300CAD next week to get my soft copy Admission Letter and continue from there. Please I need a helpful advice on the next step. I mailed the agent but he has not responded up till now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Eruditor:

I gave you tips I felt might help in my first post to you.

1. Use a larger SOA. Not because you need it but because the VO wants to see it.

2. In your SOP try to explain why it won't be necessary to finish your BSc in Nigeria. Maybe you can claim what you are studying now in UNIPORT is not what you really have a passion for.

I said this because having your uncle over there willing to foot your bills and accomodate you may make you come across as someone who is overly dependent on someone else who is over there, which is not what the VO wants for his/her country.

Ok tnx a lot.
I'll work on dat in my next application..

Btw hav u applied for trv b4?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
Alright, bro.
Have a good day and make yourself more regular on the thread. Lot of folks need people like you here.
princey83:

The guy I was referring to was just unfortunate. His program was a 2 year diploma, and he had enough validity on his passport. He had a job right out of college that would net him over 80k/yr with OT.
I believe those that get less than 3 years are not much though but some still do.Nice having you here. Got to go now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
Dbnagato:

Hehe grin i like your patience. I applied for paper route 18th feb called for med 1st march denied 4th march embarassed
Dnt knw wat went wrong. God knws best tho

After medicals? cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by marvis88: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hello house.

Pls can I use my God father as a sponsor, he is way older than me and still single with about 13,000,000 in his account and I have a personal account of about 650k account balance with cash flow of about 1.9M cash flow over six months. I am going for a post graduate diploma in Technology Management at Red River college

Pls I need ur advice as I intend applying to the embassy first week of April for fall admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
Bamz:

After medicals? cry

Suprising bro. Dnt knw what went wrong.
God knws best sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
Pls my app. Is more than 13wks now and I want to send a mail to CIC but don't know how to go about it and what to write, any one with idea or have done that before should pls help with the link and what am suppose to write.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by humbleosazee: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=43921519]Yea[/
quote]

Pls, how will someone know if his application have been dispatched
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by humbleosazee: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=43921519]Yea[/
quote]

Pls, how will someone know if his application have been dispatched?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
loriaidah:
Pls my app. Is more than 13wks now and I want to send a mail to CIC but don't know how to go about it and what to write, any one with idea or have done that before should pls help with the link and what am suppose to write.thanks
have u been call for medical...if yes then I believe its a sign that u will be granted...how much do u have in ur sponsor SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Buddie14(m): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
BE811APP:
Please do they do bio-metrics for kids under 5 years?

Kids under 5 years don't do biometrics. They didn't do for mine. They only did for me and spouse.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ethan45:
If CIC think its expedient for them to delay online route applicants up until there bitterness for Naija apps turns into a belly laugh,no wahala. I go wait. Becos i wouldnt want our online app to be like that of paper applicants-denial for no candid reason. Its maddening. They can hold my application till god knows wen until they solve there bitterness then come back to my app because i wouldnt want anoda denial and stress of reapplying. Dollar is on the increase. I applied since 8th feb and the mail i get is thank u for your patience,my patience is filled to the brim and it's running over.

January and February online applicants una dey groove, we when apply online since December unko? 9 weeks don dey turn 13 weeks. Lolz.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
Upfront medical

adebayoolatunji:
have u been call for medical...if yes then I believe its a sign that u will be granted...how much do u have in ur sponsor SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
loriaidah:

Be patient, we're both in the same boat. Don't send any email. Just pray and hope that the delay works out for the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
But they called my spousor and his bank and its getting to 2weeks that they call them so I don't know what is happening. Just as you said prayer and we will keep trusting in God for the best.

Oboerhiri:

Be patient, we're both in the same boat. Don't send any email. Just pray and hope that the delay works out for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by marvis88: 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
marvis88:
Hello house.

Pls can I use my God father as a sponsor, he is way older than me and still single with about 13,000,000 in his account and I have a personal account of about 650k account balance with cash flow of about 1.9M cash flow over six months. I am going for a post graduate diploma in Technology Management at Red River college

Pls I need ur advice as I intend applying to the embassy first week of April for fall admission

Make una answer me na... Biko gurus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
marvis88:

Make una answer me na... Biko gurus
[quote author=marvis88 post=43928100]

When you say godfather, did you mean your godfather in politics? How close is the relationship between you and your godfather? and hope the godfather doesn't have much dependants I.e wive(s) and child(ren).. then you do the explanation of why he wanna sponsor you on a SOP

*modified* OK I just discovered you said your godfather is single.. well, you just need to explain and prove how close is the relationship between you and your godfather then just let your sponsor's letter state how much he(your godfather) is gonna provide for your studies and living expenses per year..

though i'm not an expert, just sharing my own idea with you.. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.