Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039365 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by elephantswimmin: 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
Eruditor:

I respect your opinion. But you have said this thing long enough that many people might think you are right. I know at least 4 people that are in Canada today via advanced diplomas. They are not active on nairaland, else I would have asked them to come and share their experiences. The most recent got his TRV last month and is pushing to go to Lambton in September.
If I didn't know NL, I'd have thought that people always got approved because these guys I know all used Maple education as their agents-and they got approved. On the other hand, if I knew ONLY NL, I'd have thought the rejections were a recurring happenstance because that's almost always what gets reported- and this is wrong.
People should be implored to package better applications from the SOP, SOA and documentations, before Masters, PGCs and advanced diplomas become chief criteria.
You SEE... my point exactly which i made on the previous pages... Some people come on here to talk like VO's... How u take know say na the program be issue? Are you a Canada Visa Officer? Or did you read his files from CIC? I understand everyone is trying to help everyone, which is a good thing going forward... But pls don't make judgements on peoples application... Inputs are well appreciated i'm sure but...
Like i said and keep saying... Its like a lottery. Some people have gotten these visas with far less than all the things wey i dey see wey people dey post... My kid brother is a testimony to this. So i'm usually puzzled when i see the docs ppl submit. Just keep your application simple and straight forward. Easy to understand and not cluster it with confusing documents because you read nairaland threads or you listen to our VO here @hayqinsbFX or SOJ... LOL. anyways Goodluck folks. God is still on the throne.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oyeleye22: 11:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
please a friend and I were denied canada study permit reasons were

*purpose of visit
*family ties in canada and nigeria.

please Is there anyone who was denied based on these too and got d trv eventually after applying again. thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mtngloetiartel: 11:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pls hw can i get work permit after finishing my one year diploma program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oyeleye22: 12:33am On Mar 21, 2016
please after being denied on purpose of family ties and purpose of visit. When reapplying is there need to update the account statement again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by moufpeas(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2016
princeabisoye:
Thanks guru in the house... I was able to download the three forms..... Please could u tell me how to attach all my supporting documents... Do i attach it with the forms or i attach it separately... If i am to attach sperately, where do i upload it. Is in the proof financial or additional document. Please tell me how merger, attach and upload all my supporting document. Thanks
Pls can u post d link where u downloaded the forms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 2:37am On Mar 21, 2016
I only gave me advise which is what we all do here.
My brother on that advanced diploma boat I'm not talkin Based on just observation na based on self experience.

I will continue to advice my worst enemy not to choose it if they want increase their chances and to sleep well after submission

If u read my posts you will see that I have mentioned some guys who got in via adv dip.

Buh on a large scale majority gets bounced back..

I don't know why, but I will feel guilty If I ever tell anyone go ahead with an adv diplo an put him/her faith in a SOP.

PS we are tlkin about adv diploma after havin a degree here
Eruditor:

I respect your opinion. But you have said this thing long enough that many people might think you are right. I know at least 4 people that are in Canada today via advanced diplomas. They are not active on nairaland, else I would have asked them to come and share their experiences. The most recent got his TRV last month and is pushing to go to Lambton in September.

If I didn't know NL, I'd have thought that people always got approved because these guys I know all used Maple education as their agents-and they got approved. On the other hand, if I knew ONLY NL, I'd have thought the rejections were a recurring happenstance because that's almost always what gets reported- and this is wrong.

People should be implored to package better applications from the SOP, SOA and documentations, before Masters, PGCs and advanced diplomas become chief criteria.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 2:58am On Mar 21, 2016
After reading your post I had to check ur profile and see when u got registered on NL....

After discovering that u only came on NL july 2015 when I already had my second app submitted so It's fully understandable that you can make such ignorant comments

I won't waste my time in giving you an explanation or try to plead to your reasoning.

Well, my kind of person won't watch and see my fellow neighbor fall in the same ditch I entered twice.

Comment from people like you can only try to stop me, but it's a pity as you're not the first...

elephantswimmin:
You SEE... my point exactly which i made on the previous pages... Some people come on here to talk like VO's... How u take know say na the program be issue? Are you a Canada Visa Officer? Or did you read his files from CIC? I understand everyone is trying to help everyone, which is a good thing going forward... But pls don't make judgements on peoples application... Inputs are well appreciated i'm sure but...
Like i said and keep saying... Its like a lottery. Some people have gotten these visas with far less than all the things wey i dey see wey people dey post... My kid brother is a testimony to this. So i'm usually puzzled when i see the docs ppl submit. Just keep your application simple and straight forward. Easy to understand and not cluster it with confusing documents because you read nairaland threads or you listen to our VO here @hayqinsbFX or SOJ... LOL. anyways Goodluck folks. God is still on the throne.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 3:15am On Mar 21, 2016
I think we should try as much as possible to pass our points across succinctly without appearing as jerks. Some people painstakingly come here and devote their time to attending to people's questions, that's not an easy task. Criticism which is not an entirely bad thing on its own is good if it's constructive. Criticism and counter analysis can only help improve the quality of responses we get here which is good for the thread. Now let's do everything in love.
Let's stick to discussing issues and not personalities.

Have a great week ahead guys!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by staydogged: 3:26am On Mar 21, 2016
You said something about inputs to be appreciated
elephantswimmin:

how is this not an input?
hayqinsbFX:
then maybe your choice of program was what worked against you as it is advanced diploma..
look into change =ing that in your next app

From the above i will say what is doing you is what yorubas call "IKORIRA" which means personal hatred for no good reason. you only had to pounce on what the other person said to say what has been hurting your belly.

I can say that people like you are the problem with this country and its only God that will even make you progress yourself. Because when you do not like to see somebody doing good it will be difficult for you too.

I only joined nairaland last year but i have been reading as a guest as far back as part 5. I can say if attitude of people like you ever let hayqinfx and Soj to leave then the whole essence of this thread is destroyed as everybody will be flying blindly.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 3:53am On Mar 21, 2016
Just apply to CIC and submit your transcript with it you will be given a year open work permit or if you want it so fast go to the border and get it immediately.

mtngloetiartel:
Pls hw can i get work permit after finishing my one year diploma program?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 3:55am On Mar 21, 2016
Dbnagato:

Which link shud i use
www.gcmsnotes.ca or https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do. ?

Hi.

I just asked a canadian citizen to help me access the form. after filling was told i cannot access the information because i am neither a canadian citizen or neither do i live in canada. Please kindly let me know any one that has done this GCMS notes t

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 3:59am On Mar 21, 2016
tosanlfaith:

you would need someone who is a TR/PR/Citizen to help you order it. it's 5cad.

Thank you. I got someone to help me process this. They got to this page and got stuck as it says only for canadian citizens or people who live in canada. Please let me know how else this can be done. Thank you

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 4:01am On Mar 21, 2016
Jackson755:
These rate of Denials is getting Alarming. I applied for TRV n got Denied Reasons being Family ties nn Purpose of visit. I keep wandering why.
I had paid 8450$ of my fees thou the money didn't get to the school till 29th Feb. I submitted my Visa App Paper route on the 15th feb. Could That be a reason. Planned to study at Fanshawe College Information Security Management which is an IT course. I also work in my dads company and i am a director. where did i go wrong? Heres a list of my document
1. Valid UK visa with 2 yrs left and Expired UK and American Visa's
2. SOA 1.7 MILLION 6 MONTHS STATEMENT OVER 6M IN/OUT
3. DAD SOA 1.2 MILLION 6 MONTHS STATEMENT OVER 20M IN/OUT
3. MOM SOA 400K
4. DAD COY SOA 1MILLION 6MONTHS RUNNING OVER 40M
5. ANOTHER DADS COY SOA 700K PLUS 6 MONTHS RUNNING OVER 20M
6, BSC CERT COMPUTER SCIENCE 3RD CLASS GRAD 2011
7. NYSC CERT
8. CAC CERT AND DIRECTORS PAGE SHOWING AM A DIRECTOR
9. MY PERSONAL COMPANY CAC CERT
10. CCNA AND MCSE CERT
11. CHURCH BIBLE SCHOOL CERT
12. LAND DOCUMENTS
13. MY PERSONAL STOCKS CERTIFICATE
14. MY OLD PASSPORT VISA STAMPS AND EXPIRED VISAS
15. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
16. POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
17. WAEC CERTIFICATE
18. UPFRONT MEDICALS
19. LETTER OF ADMISSION
20. CIC FORMS
21. SPONSORS LETTER (MY DAD)
22. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE STATING WHY I CHOSE CANADA AND STATING REASONS WHY I WOULD COME BACK TO NIGERIA

SUBMITTED BY PAPER 15TH FEB.
UPFRONT MEDICAL 2ND FEB
VISA DENIAL EMAIL 14TH MARCH 2016.

PLEASE GURUS I PLAN TO DEFER MY ADMISSION AND REAPPLY/FIRE BACK?. WHERE DID I GO WRONG.

AM THINKING MY BANK BALANCE WERE TOO LOW OR COZ I SUBMITTED A FORM A ONLY AS MY FEES HAD NOT BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE SCHOOLS ACCOUNT BECAUSE OF THE NO DOLLAR PROBLEM. NOW THAT I HAVE MY FEES RECEIPT, DO I FIRE BACK INSTANTLY? I HAVE NEVER BEEN DENIED ANY VISA IN MY LIFE?

THANK YOU

So i plan to reapply soon. i need serious people to comment here. Anything extra i need to add again? to prove m y family tie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Holu26: 5:53am On Mar 21, 2016
Jackson755:

So i plan to reapply soon. i need serious people to comment here. Anything extra i need to add again? to prove m y family tie?

I will suggest u go through online route so that you can be able to submit family pictures . Rewrite your SOP and ultimately PRAY
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 6:08am On Mar 21, 2016
tosanlfaith:

here is mine.
I hate to say. Some of the reasons Canada adduce for visa refusal are outright frivolous and preposterous like

* Limited travel history demonstrated
How has ur travel history got to do with the fact that you seek to study in a world class institution abroad. What has it got to do with seeking international exposure. Is travel history a curriculum in Canadian education system?

*Applicant is young, unmarried with no dependants
This is just laughable . So quality education is now restricted to the old, married, family people?

*No family tie / Home tie in country of residence and Canada.
This is quite unreasonable. I say so because you already have a system where international students are granted post study work permit. So why are you then again concern if they will leave ur country after studies. To the extent that you refuse them study visa cos you are not convince they will leave after ur studies. This is a contradiction of policy at best.
Like I have a policy that folks who come to my house to attend a meeting can stay on after the meeting if they so wish, then when scrutinizing such folks I am concern if they will leave my house at the end of the meeting or not. I refuse them access to my house because am not convince they will leave after the meeting. Huh shocked :-O... This is tomfoolery. No other country with a post study work permit system adduce this reason for visa denial.

Now with all such reasons someone will say Canada study visa is relatively easier to obtain than Germany's(where everything is as straight forward as a pole). Germany don't deny you visa in absentia. You are given a very interactive opportunity to prove that you are indeed going to study and u are capable of undertaking the course. You are even given a test to prove ur academic suitability if necessary right there at the embassy. If you have intention to study and have the basic knowledge of the program and has €8000 to fund ur account; Germany will give you visa.

To me Canada is one big lottery. Some of Their rules are contradictory, preposterous and analog. Sadly, folks here with burning desire to study abroad are denied visa cos of some this same rules. Pathetic

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:18am On Mar 21, 2016
Austria, I do not know so much but I don't doubt their process will be similar as German. They are a German-speaking country too.
40manlappy:

Sorry to digress a bit: what do you guys think of Austria?

Looping: thesoj, DanIndia, hayqinsbFX, Bandeco, namebdis4
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 6:23am On Mar 21, 2016
40manlappy:

Sorry to digress a bit: what do you guys think of Austria?

Looping: thesoj, DanIndia, hayqinsbFX, Bandeco, namebdis4
Guy, forget about Austria.. That country is very strict and perhaps xenophobic. Getting Austrian study visa is almost an exercise in futility. Ask me why?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Papichulon: 6:34am On Mar 21, 2016
@ eruditor, do u advice that I use maple education for my next package, it's just dat there fee is outrageous, I'd have to pay 160k(Medicals,vfs fee,etc) with additional 2000usd dollars but if it's guaranteed I don't mind. Wotchu think house?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by DanIndia(m): 6:38am On Mar 21, 2016
No, it's not only for Canadian Citizens. A TRV holder in Canada can also do the same for you, I believe.
I do know about someone though and this offer was from like 5 years back, he'll do it for you for free only if you agree to buy your parents a gift or take them out for dinner. Such a generous offer and yes, he did it for many people.

The best bet is for you to ask that same person to try again, the first page itself has three options and it's possible they may have selected the Canadian Citizen option.
Jackson755:

Thank you. I got someone to help me process this. They got to this page and got stuck as it says only for canadian citizens or people who live in canada. Please let me know how else this can be done. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 40manlappy: 6:48am On Mar 21, 2016
Bandeco:

Guy, forget about Austria.. That country is very strict and perhaps xenophobic. Getting Austrian study visa is almost an exercise in futility. Ask me why?

Why?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 40manlappy: 6:50am On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks @DanIndia
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2016
Your payslips?
Your personal SOA is good enough just justify the source of the funds
Employmet letters.....with good annual pay
Futur employment letters....

And for now go tru online route, let ur file not go to wher it's coming from
Jackson755:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Papichulon: 7:18am On Mar 21, 2016
@ eruditor, do u advice that I use maple education for my next package, it's just dat there fee is outrageous, I'd have to pay 160k(Medicals,vfs fee,etc) with additional 2000usd dollars but if it's guaranteed I don't mind. Wotchu think house? Anoda major problem is that if denied a visa Dere wld be no refund. Please advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:26am On Mar 21, 2016
Agreed.
Eruditor:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2016
DanIndia:
No, it's not only for Canadian Citizens. A TRV holder in Canada can also do the same for you, I believe.
I do know about someone though and this offer was from like 5 years back, he'll do it for you for free only if you agree to buy your parents a gift or take them out for dinner. Such a generous offer and yes, he did it for many people.

The best bet is for you to ask that same person to try again, the first page itself has three options and it's possible they may have selected the Canadian Citizen option.

yea and Jackson you need to fill a consent form(IMM 5744)
Here is the link; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2016
Jackson755:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

section A; fill your details
section C: fill your friend's details; the one helping you with your gcms
Tick via "email", then write your own email not your friend's,when it's ready you'd get it automatically in your email.
Do not fill section B and D

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Papichulon: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Please respond, tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 8:17am On Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone, this forward and backward talk is irritating. Learn to appreciate the truth from people's experiences. I'm an expert at UK visa online applications. The truth is, they don't trust Nigerians out there and when you talk about SOA's, the total cost of your trip, including feeding, transportation, housing and even allowance is calculated by the VOs for the duration of your stay in any foreign country. Dem no even want make you come their country sef, not to talk of staying there, I've been denied a UK visa before along with my parents, and an immmigration lawyer helped us repackage our documents and you would not imagine what my parents had to submit, original copies of Marriage Certificate, pictures of my family, pictures of the Petrol Station owned by my parents, Certificate of Incorporation of the company, letters from the company stating that they are entitled for a vacation and are actually due for it and the trip would be sponsored by the company, company's SOA, Personal and Joint SOAs of my parents, my brother's (who we were going to visit) payslip for the past 4 months, his wedding invitation card, pictures of his traditional wedding that was done in Lagos (cos' na white wedding we wan go attend for that side), all his stamped passport and biodata pages, our vaccination cards, we even had to submit the deed of the the land, the company property was on, and deeds of the other lands owned by my dad. We were granted the UK visa when all this proof was presented and all original documents including pictures were returned.

Now back to my matter, I was denied my first canadian visiting visa in 2012, reason was they were not sure I would return to Naija, my sister decided to use study permit format in 2015, I was denied as well, but it was partly our fault, my SOA and Mum's SOA (cos' dad is now late) wasn't submitted. Before reapplying in December, I had to include the following documents (scanned cos' its an online application):
- my dad's death certificate
- my dad's last will and testament (showing the properties belonging to my mum, sister and I).
- pictures of my inherited property.
- my SOA
- mum's personal SOA
- Company's SOA
- Board Resolution letter of the company
- letter stating that my mum has approved my going to study and she would still support me alongside my sponsor (my sister).
- Sponsor's SOA and payslip of 4 months
- my Uniben Certificate
- my WAEC Certificate
- my Uniben PGD Admission letter of 2014
- Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Biodata page of the Medicals done in my previous application (which now acts as Upfront Medicals).
- pictures of my sister (sponsor) and I, mum and I
- one or two dad's funeral photos
- Humber Admission letter (still the first one from the previous application).
- Humber Acceptance and Sit Confirmation letter
Etc

For those bragging about Germany, my brother who got married to a German girl last year is still here in Naija learning the German language, he's taking the language exam in April and has to pass it. He was denied a visiting visa last year that's why the girl had to come get married to him here last year. Theirs isn't so easy to get too. Nigeria isn't strict on granting visas to other countries, that's why you see that they can freely enter this country with little or no hassles.
To me, I'd say Canada is more lenient than UK or Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2016
@Oboerhiri have you got a eply?
the last time i checked you were waiting since december with loriadah....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 8:38am On Mar 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Your payslips?
Your personal SOA is good enough just justify the source of the funds
Employmet letters.....with good annual pay
Futur employment letters....

And for now go tru online route, let ur file not go to wher it's coming from
mine wasn't advanced diploma, I applied this time with post grad certificate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2016
okay...sorry i mistook u for someone else....
a GCMS is your best bet bro...to have a clearer picture
wayaa007:

mine wasn't advanced diploma, I applied this time with post grad certificate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.