Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039541 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
lanrayx:

Thanks, am seeing a few websites that offer toefl registrations and because of the situation in Nigeria I don't know how to authenticate those website and exam centers. If u know a verified center in Lagos and can give me the information and/or the price I would greatly appreciate

U should register for a TOEFL account on the link below to see accredited TOEFL Centres in Nigeria.

http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/centers_dates?WT.ac=toeflhome_centersdates_121127

Then you visit those centres for registration or you do it yourself using your debit card.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
ceemac:

Please what field of study and what school? as I will like to apply for a Masters in Powers Systems and Energy.
Any assistance will be appreciated

Electrical Systems Eng.
Univ of Regina
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2015
Grateful2015:
@ ayooluwatoni :fanshawe college
To the gurus in the house the fund in the soa submitted for an applictn, Can it be moved or used after applictn has been submitted .Or is it that it must remain in the account thoughout the review process?
Thanks in advance
Well, I'm sure no commercial bank in Nigeria will "ever" disclose the balance in their customers' account to third party, not even to the embassy, except there's a court order or instruction from CBN! Bank can only verify if the SoA is Original or has been doctored or if it originated from them or not. So yes you can withdraw the money.....but it is not advisable!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
bigwig10:
Pls NLs,want to confirm if the canada processing period is still within the 10-15 working days or the policy have changed?
Thanks
Urgent response Any Guru Pls
Not sure any of us can answer this question! Some got their TRV within 2 weeks and some got theirs after 6 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
meko007:
plzzzzzzzzzzz help needed urgently plzzzzzzz!!!!
i got denied Canadian student visa 3 weeks ago and now im planning on applying to a school in america.

questions below;
1.does Canada share any data with USA based on visa entries?
2.if i use a company my sponsor,should my tuition fees be paid in full since a company sponsoring me?
3.how long does USA embassy takes to process a student visa?

1. Yes Canada and USA share data about visa applicants.
2. You should be able to use company's SoA (but the SoA may not be checked sef......USA ain't hard on SoA like Canada)
3. If the system is the same, you will know the outcome immediately after interview (no go come). However your visa will be issued within 2 to 3 working days after the interview (depending on the embassy - Lag is 3 days, Abj is 2 days - all things being equal)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
suxes2005:
Hello guys, please which of the Nigerian bank
card is OK for the online fee payment?

Thanks
I use gtb and it works fine....but when it comes international transactions, gtb is a big "corporate thief", with unfriendly exchange rates

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
sholay2011:

Woah! You mean I am actually expected to state that I have been denied by the US? And where would I even state that (SOP?) 'cos it's not like there is a special column for that?

O ga ooo.
Yes you're required to state all your visa refusals..... that should be towards the ending part of tte Study Permit application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Yes you're required to state all your visa refusals..... that should be towards the ending part of tte Study Permit application
'Didn't know sha. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
There's space to state prior visa denials in one of the CIC forms. The question about visa denials from any country is at the bottom of said form.

sholay2011:

Woah! You mean I am actually expected to state that I have been denied by the US? And where would I even state that (SOP?) 'cos it's not like there is a special column for that?

O ga ooo.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by steffans(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2015
Goodevening all,

I am always off and on here..

But here is my own testimony..

My wife got an admission to study at University of Regina..
She was to resume September 2015, but bcuz of somethings beyond our control.. we couldn't meet up with the September date but she will be going by January 2016 by Gods grace.

Submitted thru paper route on August 13th(My birthday wink )
Got mail for medicals: 31 August 2015.
Did Her Medicals: 7th September 2015.
Got a mail from the hospital that they have sent her result to CIC on 9th Sept 2015.
got her Approval mail this morning. 19th September 2015.

all in all it took us 1 month 6 Days.

We didn't submit anything extra from the usual.

I pray that this my Testimony will bless/encourage someone today..

I want to Appreciate Tnuola and JessicaJessa, who took their time to reply my PMs and questions i asked on this forum during that "Gala" period on the previous tread.

God Bless you all..

Cheers!!!

26 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Rickywowoz: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
boboyi247:

but i got ottawas admission jan intake without any contact to a supervisor
though i was required to fill ocimae prefrence form(supervisor form in order of priority )
please what is university of Ottawa tuition like?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chichi89(f): 2:34am On Sep 20, 2015
msmulah:
hello, house, am currently in canada i got an admission to a college since march 2015 and i applied for my student visa july. i have heard anything from them. pls i need advice on what to do.
That's quite a while. I hope you've received it now. I applied in June and got it in August. As at two weeks ago, the processing times had gone down to 35 days for study permits and 17 days for trv. If you don't have it yet , please contact them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 3:10am On Sep 20, 2015
Rickywowoz:
please what is university of Ottawa tuition like?

The tuition fee varies for different programs
But you check for yours using this link
http://www.grad.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=1406
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Rickywowoz: 5:11am On Sep 20, 2015
boboyi247:

The tuition fee varies for different programs
But you check for yours using this link
http://www.grad.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=1406
thanks a lot,are the fees per year or per semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mcqueen1: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
thesoj:

@thesoj, i sent you an E-mail....expecting your response soonest. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by zaidasqueen: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
pls does mun need a supervisor to recommend ur admission? going for an MBA....also if dere is anyone applyin to mun for an mba,pls pm me...tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by benefe: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
hello everyone, nice work.
I will like to know if anyone is currently studying at the university of waterloo? secondly, can one apply for study permit in any African country (if already a temporary resident like a student). if its possible to apply, do one need to state on SOP why going to Canada to study if already a student as above
your reply will be appreciated.
thanks
* someone please reply me oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mikel88: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
thesoj:
Here's an idea: To get a study leave letter sample, you could look through the document list of other people on this thread and PM whoever's list contains a study letter.

In any case, here are my two cents for a study leave letter addressed to the embassy. Note that this is just a suggestion and you will customize it to your situation.

First paragraph:
Company states the purpose of the letter (i.e. study leave for John Doe, who has been working for us for X years as a blah blah). Company describes the business they are into, your role in that business, and the significance of what you do for them.

Second paragraph:
Company describes why they are giving you a study leave (e.g. giving John Doe a study leave because he expressed interest pursuing MSc degree in blah blah which we believe would help our business in ABC area when he comes back.). Company says nice things about your contributions to the company and how exactly they think your study leave would help fill a skills gap that they are currently having. Company explains the terms of the leave (i.e. paid or unpaid? length of the leave? etc... the company should be explicit and precise about the terms of the leave).

Third paragraph:
Company says more nice (but realistic) things about you and what role you would be coming back to when you are back from Canada. i.e. same role? will you be promoted? (fyi, they don't have to discuss this if they don't want to... they just have to explain what general area of work they anticipate using your skills in when you come back...).

Fourth paragraph:
Company wishes you the best and endorses your visa application to the embassy.

PS: This is just a skeleton that you should add more to and customize to your own peculiar situation.
awesome ....I really appreciate thank you so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaymk: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
Testimony of praise to encourage someone that God is Able...

App submitted: June 25 (online)
Biometrics: June 26
Call for Medicals: September 4
Medicals done: September 5 (Children's practice clinic)
Medicals passed: September 10
Passport request: September 11
Passport submitted: September 14
Approval mail / passport collected: September 16

All my documents were the normal stuff usually submitted; nothing out of the ordinary. Had a little bit of travel history too. Deferred my program till January since I did not get the rev in time.
God is truly Able. I prayed and I fasted very much too...

Thanking the good Lord for His mercies and appreciating all those who take out time to contribute here and help others. Filling this thread kept me going day in day out.
God bless you all...

School: George Brown College.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaymk: 8:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
*following this thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ken1982: 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
i guys...i would like to \ask a question

my wife and i work in dubai UAE and i would like to know what are my chances of getting a visit visa to canada and also what type of visa to apply for. my wife is a nurse and i am a safety officer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
congrats to you.... oya list your docs grin !!
jaymk:
*following this thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
Congratulations!! Listing ur docs as well as sponsor's relationship would help us learn from you[quote author=jaymk post
School: George Brown College.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
Congratulations! this na express grace ooo grin Pls help us list your docs
steffans:

Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by deedee0: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
dreamsoso:
@deedee0, I sent you a PM, Kindly response.

House..still looking out for Vancouver Island University peeps.

I replied since sept 11. Check
Maybe something is wrong with my NL email
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mine42: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=thesoj post=38159037]I'll try but I can't guarantee it. I'll encourage you to be patient though, unless you are already sure that your SOP is in top notch quality.

[/quote

Many thanks Thesoj.
Sent you a PM. Kindly respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bigwig10(m): 11:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
Pls NLs,i need an explanation on PROCESSING TIME,it really not clear to me pls
Thanks NLs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sjvictor21: 12:24am On Sep 21, 2015
Hello My Fellow Nairalanders,

Please i need to make an enquiry concerning Masters in Public Health in canada. Please are there any University in Canada offering scholarships to prospective applicants? i have made various research and it seems like there is none. please anybody with any useful link should please kindly heeeeelp...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by detutu1: 1:38am On Sep 21, 2015
Hello house! Thumbs up on text work so far!

Please I want to ask if presenting documents to prove ownership of properties is so important?
I want to use my brother s SoA and my Mum s property documents...will this affect anything since I am not presenting my mum s SoA?
Also, do I still need to prove relationship when mum s name will be on my birth certificate?
I read 4 months for SoA should one just submit for 6months?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.