Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1042796 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2015
Congratulations bro.....Another phase of life, Have a blessed one.

justicia:
hi all, am sorry this is coming late. I got to Canny on Saturday morning, flew Egypt Air from lagos to Egypt to Toronto, not as bad as I heard. at poe, I was asked everys and I responded accordingly. The vo asked for my loa, proof of tuition payment, reason for coming late since school resumed 2 weeks ago - I showed her my mail to the school saying I was going to resume late. she then issued my study permit immediately. to all awaitees I wish u all the best. now another life begins here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2015
I there any penalty if you mail more than one supervisor in the same department asking them to be your research supervisor.

Congratulations.

Thanks man.

chichi89:

Hi, I didn't need a supervisor because my program is course based, no thesis.
You should contact the department's program coordinator for more information on that. I've been told some don't need you to have a supervisor before they admit but that's hearsay. I can't confirm + I'm an arts student.
As for your cgpa, before I applied I sent an email to the graduate program coordinator with a soft copy of my transcript and I was advised to apply . You can try that as well and see how it goes. No harm in trying.
I'm sorry I can't be of much help.
All the best.
Also go through the list of professors in the program and look for someone whose research interests align with yours and contact them (that's if you've not done that).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2015
berexio1:
Lmao..which training u go do for turkey?Oga I dey suspect u..

Them go just run background checks..U shouldn't worry if u are not a terrorist!
Lool. No, oga. Was only there for company scheduled training. Not ISIS training. Very nice country with a lot of advanced systems (underground train, etc). But I didn't go to the eastern part. Just the europen part, istanbul. Thanks for answering my question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by benefe: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
berexio1:
Chemical Engrg
ok nice, I plan for environmental engineering, since u just applied for visa, how long did it take u for the school to respond to your application?
I believe u got a supervisor before u got admission.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Grateful2015: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
Fellow nairalanders in the house i need your your advice
I was refused on 1st sept 2015 as follows (1.) Insufficient fund to pay tution without working in canada (2.)Insufficent fund maintain ur self & other family member accomping you without working in canada.
The sch full tution for my pgd program is $14,200cad. 1st semester $7100 tution. According to the sch the total expenses for 1year full tution+leaving+transport+ others=$24,500cad

I submitted my dads 2 corporate soa's one is having 8m balance and the other soa is having -2.9m balance as it is a facility account from another bank.
Becos i work in he company as one of the directors, i didnt include my personnal soa, payslip, employment letter but i included in my app the company leave letter, letter of consent,company resolution granting my travel

Now, i tend to reapply, how do i go about it.Hw soon can i reapply?
what type of soa should i use now? My company soa or his personal soa?
what balance do i need to have on the soa
Pls, help a brother out here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lekan008(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
I there any penalty if you mail more than one supervisor in the same department asking them to be your research supervisor.

Congratulations.

Thanks man.

Pls, I need a template for supervisor request letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lonzo(m): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hello to the gurus in the house.

i intend applying next month for my study permit

who can i send my SOP to help me proof read ?

@tnuola @team12 @justwise @fhemmy

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
There is no penalty for that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by basukajoe(m): 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
I was refused Canada study visa based on these}

:travel history
:purpose of visit
:family ties in canada and in country of residence.
:Length of proposed stay in canada
:Limited employment prospect in your country of residence
:Your current employment situation

please any information as regards how to go about this? cos i plan re-applying on monday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by benefe: 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
tkdina:

Blood Brother

I submitted what was asked in CIC site.

please can u type this particular website out. so I can check it. thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
benefe:

Hi Chichi, I will like to know how long does admission process take for engineering graduate studies. secondly did you do TRV, I am a bit confused because on CIC, I saw that temporary resident visa is for visitors but here I can see students still apply for it. kindly enlighten me. thanks

Hello, to answer your second question.
You dont apply separately for a TRV. What you apply for is a Study Permit. But citizens of some countries (Nigeria is one of such) requires a visa as well as a study permit to enter Canada. Hence when you apply for a study permit, a TRV is automatically issued to you if you qualify.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Am applying for the master program, kindly update me of any information.
lekan008:
Good morning to everyone. Please, is there anyone in University of Saskatchewan here? Pls, an information is urgently needed. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
i study systems engineering in my undergraduate level, how easy is it for me to apply for MSC in chemical enginerring and be admitted.

I will be glad if you or any other guys in the house can give me answer to this questing bothering me.
berexio1:
Chemical Engrg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Please respond to this

benefe:

ok nice, I plan for environmental engineering, since u just applied for visa, how long did it take u for the school to respond to your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
@lekan008......I didn't use any particular template, I only sent them a mail as requested by the graduate study and i am expecting a positive respond from any of them. You can DM me if you need the personal messageIi sent to them.

Stay Cool!!!
lekan008:

Pls, I need a template for supervisor request letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TULLOP: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hello House,
Please does anyone know how long it'll take before one gets passport back after approval mail has been received when the Mode of Application Submission is Paper Route.Got approval mail since last saturday and I havnt gotten my passport at Vsf.when I track it still shows accra.
What can I do or should I be scared.
Kindly share your opinion or thoughts

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hello my great guys, please which of the season indicate january admission application.

Fall, Summer and Winter

I have battle so long with this, i don't want to make any mistake as i will love to put in for a january admission and the school said there january application closes October ......

I believe Spring should indicate January but nothing like Spring admission in the application portal.

Thanks as i Anticipated u guys response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Congratulatiuon man.

TULLOP:
Hello House,
Please does anyone know how long it'll take before one gets passport back after approval mail has been received when the Mode of Application Submission is Paper Route.Got approval mail since last saturday and I havnt gotten my passport at Vsf.when I track it still shows accra.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
benefe:

No supervisor needed. I am going for a course-based program.I hope u know the difference btw research-based and course based masters..The later don't require a supervisor. If you complete all that is required, u should get ur admission under 3weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
Hello my great guys, please which of the season indicate january admission application.

Fall, Summer and Winter

I have battle so long with this, i don't want to make any mistake as i will love to put in for a january admission and the school said there january application closes October ......

I believe Spring should indicate January but nothing like Spring admission in the application portal.

January admissions is Winter..lol. And when the school says their deadline is October, it means all your document should reach them before the date in October if u intend to get admissions for January(winter) intake.

Spring should be around May,Summer follows shortly and then Fall(September)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
TULLOP:
Hello House,

Hi, mine is so too. Got approval Mail on Saturday but no passport yet. Am getting worried too lets just hope for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
standupguy:
So i want to share my GCMS file like i promised. to give anyone who deserves an insight.
I still consider CIC a rogue organization for not having any laid down rules in processing applications
My two previous application were turned down for financial reasons and when i finally proved my financial readiness they suddenly
find some other reason which were apparently not present in my two previously failed applications despite not changing anything including program of study.

In my on opinion dissecting there notes

1.) Duration of Education : While it is legal to complete a 5yrs B.ENG in 8yrs, i completed mine earlier, i only wrote the date of issue of my statement on my application. While i consider it a mistake it is still within legal boundaries.
Meanwhile shouldn't this be the problem of academic institution who goes through your certificate and transcripts before admitting you??
So what stops them from coming up one day to say "ohh her CGPA is too low therefore i consider that he won't be a bright student" this is after an institution most have admitted you.

2.) Program of Study:The V.O said that the program of study which is Electro-Mechanical- Automation and Robotics, would be available in my home country. Is this guy serious? How about those going for management programs?
He goes further to insinuate that my B.ENG mechanical and production engineering and work experience in I.T is not consistent with education or Employment history?
Meanwhile the program Electro-Mechanical falls into the field called (I.T Engineering or Mechatronics), which is basically the integration of computer programs or embedded systems into robots and machinery. Even Logistics is a part of production so please how is Work experience and Education alien to proposed program of study?

3.) No apparent travel History : So person go wake up begin gallivant the globe just to get travel history before going to study? or i should waste my money on pleasure trips so they can later tell me i have insufficient funds for my education.

4.) Applicant is not a genuine student: So after telling me twice that i don't have money to further my education, then i showed you proof buy paying off almost 28,000 CAD upfront to prove my readiness ( which is by the way 4 times what people pay to give birth in Canada and U,S to secure citizenship for their kids) they suddenly realize that i am not a genuine student?
Does it mean the two previous V.Os didn't know there jobs? don't they have a laid down guidelines criteria? or they make up the rules according to how bright the morning feels to them.

5. Resides with his sister: I am not sure what this is supposed to mean sha, and how e take concern them. Preparing to pay for a tuition three times what their citizens borrow loans to pay requires some cost saving measures if you plan to have money enough for your education.

In conclusion what i see is an unethical massive exploitation by the rogue nation CIC, it is also disheartening they waste your time while at it.
If these remarks were made on my first refusal i wouldn't have bothered re-applying at all.

It's so sad to be denied of what we deserve.
This man deserve been granted.
But everything in life happens for reasons.
An sure God has better plan for you.
I will advice you leave then to hold there country probably not all countries are good for everybody.
I will advice you try Australia. Under their svp scheme.
Australia and Canada shares almost same qualities to international students.
I think differences are weather,distance and working hours per week.
Australia has 40 hours working period for students while Canada has 20hours.its very annoying.
You may consult any immigration lawyer in Canada for advice on what to do.
Have niceday.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
i study systems engineering in my undergraduate level, how easy is it for me to apply for MSC in chemical enginerring and be admitted.

I will be glad if you or any other guys in the house can give me answer to this questing bothering me.
It shouldn't be a problem since u av an engineering background,u will just av some more chemical engineering courses injected into ur course work. U should mail ur program coordinator to tell what ur chances are to be accepted cos a lot of considerations are done with respect to CGPA, relevant work experiences and ur statement of purpose..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by benefe: 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Hello, to answer your second question.
You dont apply separately for a TRV. What you apply for is a Study Permit. But citizens of some countries (Nigeria is one of such) requires a visa as well as a study permit to enter Canada. Hence when you apply for a study permit, a TRV is automatically issued to you if you qualify.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
thanks Emma,
secondly, I will like to ask if ones research interest takes one from science to engineering at graduate level, must there be a strong SOP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lexyj123(f): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
helloo , please what original documents am i to submit at VAC office and what photocopy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
basukajoe:
I was refused Canada study visa based on these}

:travel history
:purpose of visit
:family ties in canada and in country of residence.
:Length of proposed stay in canada
:Limited employment prospect in your country of residence
:Your current employment situation

please any information as regards how to go about this? cos i plan re-applying on monday
Reapplying a week after refusal considering that virtually all refusal reasons was ticked by the VO is a recipe for another refusal garnished with another list of reasons by CIC.
Really, do you seriously think that in one week you would have a meteoric change in personal circumstances + purpose of visit to make a successful application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phonesNgadgets: 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
bimbofela:

From my understanding, if you are applying online then you should pay online but if it's through paper route then you would have to pay at vfs in cash. I hope this helps. Cheers
Thanks for the information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lonzo(m): 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
lonzo:
Hello to the gurus in the house.

i intend applying next month for my study permit

who can i send my SOP to help me proof read ?

@tnuola @team12 @justwise @fhemmy

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phonesNgadgets: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
Your faith can move mountains, your doubt can create them. Keep calm and shoot for the moon. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bimbofela: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:

Fall, Summer and Winter

I think it's winter 2016. I hope it helps. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
@berexio1....I have a good CGPA but i don't have a relevant experience in that field. I have been in an IT and Software field since i finished my BSC but i see myself as been able to come up with a reliable SOP.

What do you see about my chance now?

berexio1:
It shouldn't be a problem since u av an engineering background,u will just av some more chemical engineering courses injected into ur course work. U should mail ur program coordinator to tell what ur chances are to be accepted cos a lot of considerations are done with respect to CGPA, relevant work experiences and ur statement of purpose..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TULLOP: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
The saturday I meant was on the 12th of this month and today is 22 oo..so its over a week.cic no go kill persin with tension ooHouse opinion pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.