Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040106 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

No!

So pls, hw did u knw ur medicals ve been dispatched, cos I did my on last week wednesday and I called IMO today asking dem wats happening, nd the lady said sinz I was nt called for further medical test tht means It has been sent already. So my question is hw do I knw CIC has gotten the medical report??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
thesoj:
It means it's time to party! smiley
Read the approval mail carefully (there should be a PDF attached), and you will understand it means that your visa has been granted. Congrats.

Pls, do pple who use paper route get approval mail also after medicals or just the normal ur passport has been dispatched from vfs office....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
Both situations occur.
With paper route, some get approval mail while some don't (even though their visa was approved).

lamama1:
Pls, do pple who use paper route get approval mail also after medicals or just the normal ur passport has been dispatched from vfs office....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Yes, proof of financial support documents.
iykedare:
Hi guys

Should my sponsor's international passport be part of the proof of financial support documents or letter of explanation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by morgan2006(m): 5:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
Waiting on the Glory of God...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Pls how long. Does it take for passport to be dispatched after approval mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
thesoj:
GTB Mastercard. 100% sure.

@EmmaMSc, thesoj Thanks guys. I'll have to use my sister's card then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
thesoj:
Both situations occur.
With paper route, some get approval mail while some don't (even though their visa was approved).

I got an approval. Mail 1 week after medical or less. Than one week.it has nt been dispatch yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
All thanks to God my Study Permit (Visa) has been Approved!!!

First Application:
Submission date: June 30, 2015
Medical Call: July 15, 2015
Medical Done: July 17, 2015
Refusal Date: July 28, 2015
Dispatch Date: August 3
Pick-up Date: August 10
Reason for Refusal: V.O was not sure I had sufficient fund to pay tuition without working in Canada.

*** Lots of fasting, lots of prayers but the visa was refused!

Second Application:
Submission Date: August 19
Medical Call: September 2
Medical Done : September 2
Approval Mail: October 7

***** Less fasting, Less Prayers.

My conclusion, God did it, and I give all Glory to him. But I learnt something, God will not do for you what you should do yourself. Don't expect a miracle when you have failed to play your own role.

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayoshyne(m): 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayooluwatoni:
All thanks to God my Study Permit (Visa) has been granted!!!

First Application:
Reason for Refusal: V.O was not sure I had sufficient fund to pay tuition without working in Canada.

Second Application:

My conclusion, God did it, and I give all Glory to him. But I learnt something, God will not do for you what you should do yourself. Don't expect a miracle when you have failed to play your own role.
Congrats bro. That's good news! Please send me your email Addy, I sent u a pm earlier today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayoshyne(m): 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
ajaereogechi:
I got an approval. Mail 1 week after medical or less. Than one week.it has nt been dispatch yet
Have u tracked your application on the vac site. What does it say? I think that should give u a clue if it has been dispatched or not. Cheers..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
ajaereogechi:

It is unsafe to receive dispatch mail without Approval mail, 98% of such cases end up in refusal. But getting Approval mail without dispatch mail is cool, the dispatch mail will come. Some get dispatch mail the same day, while it may take up to 2 weeks for others to get it, but there's no problem at all. So relax
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
lamama1:

So pls, hw did u knw ur medicals ve been dispatched, cos I did my on last week wednesday and I called IMO today asking dem wats happening, nd the lady said sinz I was nt called for further medical test tht means It has been sent already. So my question is hw do I knw CIC has gotten the medical report??

You cannot know, u can only ask IMO of they've sent your result. Like I said earlier, don't fret, CIC will get your result and by God's grace, your application will be granted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayoshyne:

Congrats bro. That's good news! Please send me your email Addy, I sent u a pm earlier today.
Thank you bro. I'm sorry, it must have been network ish. Dboi4luv2@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lakusi(m): 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Congrats bro cos u reapplied within a short period and chopped TRV. So aw did u tackle the funds issue? Did u do only the beefing up of the 1.5m acct? smiley

You have really been wonderful in this forum and I enjoy reading your objective posts. I wish u all the best and immense favour from God as U start another phase of your life. Stay Blessed !!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
Congrats bro! Soooo happy for you man. You have been immensely valuable to people on this thread and I'm glad that your visa has been approved. Based on the informative quality of all your comments on here, I could imagine that your first application was well-prepared as well, but for the VO who nit-picked on the liquid funds issue. Congrats again.

ayooluwatoni:
Don't expect a miracle when you have failed to play your own role.
I so agree with the bolded. I really can't stand it when people feel they can use prayer as a substitute for a high quality application. Naija would be a better country if more people did their absolute best, as opposed to primarily expecting prayers to fix issues they could tackle themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mbasam: 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
congrat 2 @ayooluwatoni(m):7:17pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
lakusi:

Congrats bro cos u reapplied within a short period and chopped TRV. So aw did u tackle the funds issue? Did u do only the beefing up of the 1.5m acct? smiley

You have really been wonderful in this forum and I enjoy reading your objective posts. I wish u all the best and immense favour from God as U start another phase of your life. Stay Blessed !!! cheesy

Thank you bro, had to change sponsor. Had about 6m balance and over 600m turnover (in 6 months)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ayodeledej(f): 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
Please is there anyone who has sent their passport through UPS courier service before?
I would like to know how reliable their service is and if they help to return it, provided I add a self addressed envelope with it.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chigoziri7: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Some persons on this forum like Team12 where able to successfully apply for their kid and husband. You should contact her.
In the meantime you can go through this post for more info https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/222#36148014
Also go through the attachment prepared by Tnuola for documents submitted by people that successfully applied with their kid and spouse.
cheers

Hello Emma, Thanks for the info. Just like her, I will also like to apply with my kid and spouse when the time comes. meanwhile, for someone who is going for a grad program, can a friend (Naija-american citizen) give a reference with his bank account statement (not to sponsor/sponsorship letter) but to say she can be of help financially and otherwise if need be.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chigoziri7: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
@Team 12
Hello Dear, Good to hear you landed safely. I am also apply for a diploma in HR in Uni of winniepeg. Please would you share your experience about applying for your husband and child. I am thinking of leaving them behind so that i can boost my ties-back-home even though i am applying via study leave as well..I really want to take them along especially my baby.. Hubby will be coming back for his business after like a month or two. Please help a sis...Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hey people, I got admission for lambton college and was asked to pay the acceptance fee before a particular date which is on the 9th of October and that's next tomorrow.. Have paid the fees already using form A but CBN hasn't debited my account.. Please people what do I do now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seyideco(m): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good day everyone.
I was denied due to the following reasons
1 . travel history
2 family ties in canada and country of residence
3 . length of proposed stay
4. Purpose of visit.
I applied for a 1yr course.
I need help in tackling those ish listed above so that I can reapply asap. Thanks y'all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
You must understand that any response or counsel given here is done with the best intentions (to help out).

Undergraduate study costs are recurring over a 3-4year period and as such the proof of funds has to be strong & sustainable over the course of study.

The currently available balance in the account does not cover your expenses for the first year (tuition 20,000 + living expenses). So the VO would be thinking, even if your sponsor sells the land to pay your bills this year, what would he have left to sell next year? Not forgetting that he needs to meet his needs & cater for three other children as well.

As for how often teenagers are rejected, I do not know but if you ask are teenagers rejected, the answer is: yes. The VO isn't as concerned about your age as he is about the strength of your application.

Read through the previous parts of the thread to learn from others who were refused on financial grounds.

"its better to take the time required to sharpen your axe before attempting to cut down a tree than to go ahead striking the tree with a blunt hammer". (seen on NL)

Try to do as @ayooluwatoni & deedee0 suggested: beef up the account, if the duplex is a rental property then that's another steady income source.

AverageNed:
$20000
But what about the land? isn't it also important?
How often are teenagers rejected for under graduate?

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
Congratulations!! I'm happy for you. Your contributions on here are highly appreciated.
All the best as you prepare to come over.

ayooluwatoni:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
Read about @Graviton2's case or ask him for his opinion. He is/was an undergraduate TRV applicant who was delayed on insufficient funds, twice. I believe he has fixed the issues now. I would recommend you have at least N9-10m in your sponsor's account... that would cover at least two years of your total annual fees (2*[$20k+$10k]=$60k=N9m)... the trend we see is that VOs like to see that amount for undergraduate applicants. You also could consider getting a cosponsor.
AverageNed:
$20000
But what about the land? isn't it also important?
How often are teenagers rejected for under graduate?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

First Application:

Second Application:

Awwww....I am soo happy. You have been a great asset to this thread Bro. Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
ugonnachimezie54:
Hey people, I got admission for lambton college and was asked to pay the acceptance fee before a particular date which is on the 9th of October and that's next tomorrow.. Have paid the fees already using form A but CBN hasn't debited my account.. Please people what do I do now
Have you mailed the school to inform them of a likely delay in payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
Yes you can apply for all three of you.
However, I think using 3 sponsors might weaken your case. You could try applying alone, using just two sponsors and your family can apply later, though they might not be able to get their visas in time to accompany you.

On the other hand, since your husband is one of the 3 sponsors, it might not pose a problem. I'll let others with experience contribute.
uksconsult:
House good evening .please I would love someone to help with this few questions.I applied to a college in Alberta and was given an offer letter for January intake . So my questions are
1,can my husband and son accompany me to Canada . My husband will come back after 1 month because of his business .

2 what forms would both of them fill will applying with me .

3 .can I use 3 different sponsors. . My husband ,my elder sister and my aunt ?

Thanks would luv a response asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kwenu: 10:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hello everyone, please tell me does the canadian embassy call for interview for students willing to study in canada?

i saw a canadian university that does not require toefl for Nigerian student but how about the embassy here in Nigeria , will they grant visa if one doES not have TOEFL?

what are my chances of getting visa without TOEFL from the canadian embassy?

Please house i need your advise i m new to the canadian educational system and i have veryy little or no know knowledge yet on how they grant visa at thier embassies here to nigeria students willing to study over there

please house help me with information concerning this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
sholay2011:

Have you mailed the school to inform them of a likely delay in payment?

I will mail them tomorrow to inform them about it, but hope there are chances of them extending the day because have paid the full fees just waiting on CBN to debit me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Thank you bro, had to change sponsor. Had about 6m balance and over 600m turnover (in 6 months)
y doing medicals twice within few weeks?..I thought one lasts for 12 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.