Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,493 members, 7,816,167 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039960 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olageeee(m): 8:45am On Oct 05, 2015
when did u submit? mine is online route urs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mickey45: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2015
VickyRotex:

lol. Thank you Mickey!

I don't understand you. What winning e-mail?

I replied your mail about 3 weeks ago, is that what youre talking about?

How're you settling in Vicky? My friends tell me classes are superb but fast.
You're not finding that fuzzy are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by coolwisdom(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2015
Please my step father is the one to sponsor me my qustion now is will i need to sumit my own account detial along with is own and what and what document will i need to sumit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 9:38am On Oct 05, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Anyone in University of Toronto here?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2015
Tank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 10:26am On Oct 05, 2015
mickey45:

How're you settling in Vicky? My friends tell me classes are superb but fast.
You're not finding that fuzzy are you?

Hey Mickey! That's one reason I deferred to winter.

Still in Nigeria. I needed time to prepare very well.

I'll be leaving for Canny, December by his grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2015
olageeee:
when did u submit? mine is online route urs?
online, july 27
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by echesuzu(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2015
gabrola:
online, july 27
It is well... Delay will not be denial... It shall end in praise

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
EmmaMsc:

In my opinion, univ of saskatchewan, since Mcgill is much more highly rated than it. But if you have a very high CGPA, you can give it a try.
Cheers
my CGPA is 3.88. I'm also considering the possibility of securing employment and PR, which province is more favorable.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Giov:
my CGPA is 3.88. I'm also considering the possibility of securing employment and PR, which province is more favorable.

You should check the requirements for both universities online to know if your GP is good enough.

I dont know anything about PR. I just applied for my visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Please, I need someone to help me look into my SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bxcode(m): 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hello everyone, please am looking to do my masters in Estate Management in any good university in Canada within the next 2 years or less, been checking out some UK based ones but someone advised that i should consider Canadian ones too. I graduated with 2.1 in Estate Mgt by God's grace and also currently working. I have already started making some inquiries so as to plan ahead and will appreciate if anyone here will say one or two things to this regards either pertaining to a good university or otherwise. Thanks ya all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 12:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
i just checked the status of my processed passport now and i found out that, the previous date of dispatched it do display was different from the one am seeing now.
as at last week when i checked i saw ..... Your processed passport
has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA
, on 23/09/2015 to the Canada Visa Application
Centre.........

today's result is .... Your processed passport
, on 02/10/2015 to the Canada Visa Application
Centre.........

pls what did you think might have lead to this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
olageeee:
Hello house,I applied for my study permit july 24th,am yet to get a response oooo.....please what can I do pple?Note....is this happening to only me plsss?
if your application has exceeded eight weeks you can send a case specific enquiry there is a link in my previous posts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
boboyi247:
i just checked the status of my processed passport now and i found out that, the previous date of dispatched it do display was different from the one am seeing now.
as at last week when i checked i saw ..... Your processed passport
, on 23/09/2015 to the Canada Visa Application
Centre.........

today's result is .... Your processed passport
, on 02/10/2015 to the Canada Visa Application
Centre.........

pls what did you think might have lead to this

A decision has been made on your application and ready for collection, you can head to VFS tuesday or wednesday to pick up your application pack.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Hi,
I also received a message on tuesday to check my account but no message there too.
House what could be wrong?
Nothing to fret about folks. It is just an indication that your application has been queued up for review by a visa officer which is an actionable activity on the back end but you will not get a message in your MyCIC account to this effect. Remain calm and keep prayer mode fully activated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
teesboy:

A decision has been made on your application and ready for collection, you can head to VFS tuesday or wednesday to pick up your application pack.

thanks bro.

i will do that right away
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
teesboy:

Nothing to fret about folks. It is just an indication that your application has been queued up for review by a visa officer which is an actionable activity on the back end but you will not get a message in your MyCIC account to this effect. Remain calm and keep prayer mode fully activated.

Alright. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olageeee(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
okay I will go through ur post to see the link....thanks bruv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
olageeee:
Hello house,I applied for my study permit july 24th,am yet to get a response oooo.....please what can I do pple?Note....is this happening to only me plsss?

It's funny how these guys work

A friend applied 16th of September
Medical mail 2nd of October

Had medicals today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by onyxpebbles: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
brandymcmb:

It's funny how these guys work

A friend applied 16th of September
Medical mail 2nd of October

Had medicals today
What route pls? Paper or Online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
onyxpebbles:

What route pls? Paper or Online

Paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nyquist(m): 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
teesboy:

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
Good day House!
Please I wanted to know if these documents are suitable for my proof of Financial Support.
Everything is owned by my dad
1) a scannedcopy of his promotion letter in the company which he works which includes his name, name of organization, address, signature and signature of the CEO of the company with a break down of his annual salary with amounts to approximately #10,500,000
2) Reciept of two plots of land which he sold for approximately #9,500,000
3) Bank statement of his standard charted bank account with a balance of approximately 7,800 USD
Will these documents be able to prove as proof?
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:00am On Oct 06, 2015
AverageNed:
Good day House!
Please I wanted to know if these documents are suitable for my proof of Financial Support.
1) a scannedcopy of his promotion letter in the company which he works which includes his name, name of organization, address, signature and signature of the CEO of the company with a break down of his annual salary with amounts to approximately #10,500,000
3) Bank statement of his standard charted bank account with a balance of approximately 7,800 USD
Thank you

You really don't need all these, but it won't hurt if u add them anyway. The most important thing is ur dad's SOA with a good balance and a letter of sponsorship from him. He can further give his sponsorship claim more weight by transferring some funds (say the amount u'll need for a year in Canada or total amount u'll need for ur prog) into your account, and u'll also print your statement to reflect the payment made.
But if you present all the doc u listed up here and the SoA is missing, or no sufficient fund in the account......It will only take God's intervention for you to escape visa refusal on grounds of insufficient funds.

I wish you good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 12:02am On Oct 06, 2015
Thank you
so what do i do?
ayooluwatoni:

You really don't need all these, but it won't hurt if u add them anyway. The most important thing is ur dad's SOA with a good balance and a letter of sponsorship from him. He can further give his sponsorship claim more weight by transferring some funds (say the amount u'll need for a year in Canada or total amount u'll need for ur prog) into your account, and u'll also print your statement to reflect the payment made.
But if you present all the doc u listed up here and the SoA is missing, or no sufficient fund in the account......It will only take God's intervention for you to escape visa refusal on grounds of insufficient funds.

I wish you good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 12:03am On Oct 06, 2015
Hello,

I think it's on the low side. The amount that is currently available is only $7800 which would probably only cover tuition but no living expenses . If he is your only sponsor, you would need to find a co-sponsor.

This is because, N10M in your first point is not all available now, it shows good inflow but you've to consider your father's other dependants as well. As for the land he has already sold them so the money is no longer available.

It is different if it is land valued at 9.5M
Hope this helps.
AverageNed:
Good day House!
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 12:12am On Oct 06, 2015
I'll suggest you apply to both (if you can afford it) and when you've gotten admission to both you can decide. Reason being that, the factors governing gaining admission are many and diverse and you don't want to risk not getting an admission by only applying to one school. Besides, admission processing time varies, you might end up being grateful you had a backup plan. I've seen people come to Mcgill cos they were denied admission elsewhere. They never thought it would work out that way.

If you get your admission perhaps to both schools, then you can decide based on the course content, the support available, living conditions, job, PR etc. If your path leads you somewhere, most likely there's something for you there. Besides, there's no hard and fast rule, you can study in a province & settle in another upon graduation.

Hope this helps.
Giov:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 12:17am On Oct 06, 2015
AverageNed:
Thank you
so what do i do?

Get a co-sponsor or find if he has others assets ( land that has been valued, fixed deposits etc).
You need to show enough funds to cover your tuition plus about 10,000CAD for living expenses & a little left over afterwards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 12:23am On Oct 06, 2015
If he has valued land is that all i need?
montrealer:

Get a co-sponsor or find if he has others assets ( land that has been valued, fixed deposits etc).
You need to show enough funds to cover your tuition plus about 10,000CAD for living expenses & a little left over afterwards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 12:26am On Oct 06, 2015
I don't know any estate management programs but here's the link to the post (@richcasey's) which contains links to a list of Canadian schools & other pertinent info for applying for a study permit/TRV

https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/390#37270497

bxcode:
Hello everyone, please am looking to do my masters in Estate Management in any good university in Canada within the next 2 years or less, been checking out some UK based ones but someone advised that i should consider Canadian ones too. I graduated with 2.1 in Estate Mgt by God's grace and also currently working. I have already started making some inquiries so as to plan ahead and will appreciate if anyone here will say one or two things to this regards either pertaining to a good university or otherwise. Thanks ya all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 12:28am On Oct 06, 2015
AverageNed:
If he has valued land is that all i need?

depends on the value, if it covers all your expenses, it should be enough.

Do you have other siblings or does your father have other dependants?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.