Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,675 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037830 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2015
please what's the meaning of post secondary transcript for undergraduate students? please someone should shed more light.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2015
Hello House ,
After a lot of prayer and fasting.
My sister got her Medical Request mail On Friday.
I was so happy for her but like the recent happening With CIC where people get Medical request and still Refused Their Visas.
I think we need more prayers cos we made a fatal mistake On the Family Form.
Has their norms changed and all Medical request Got Visas We all Scared here o.
Thanks a lot House.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ayodeledej(f): 10:57am On Oct 11, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Though I didn't do online, but I don't think u'll get any receipt notification. Normally it takes about 48hrs after they receive your passport to issue you trv, but things are unpredictable with CIC these days......just keep calm, and you will be fine by God's grace!

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2015
expertman:
Hello House ,

After a lot of prayer and fasting.

My sister got her Medical Request mail
On Friday.

I was so happy for her but like the recent happening
With CIC where people get Medical request and still Refused
Their Visas.

I think we need more prayers cos we made a fatal mistake
On the Family Form.

Has their norms changed and all Medical request Got Visas
We all Scared here o.

Thanks a lot House.

Nothing has changed.....in fact ppl now get refused after passport request. So just forget about your mistakes, don't accept defeat, be positive and hope for the very best.
It will end in praise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Nothing has changed.....in fact ppl now get refused after passport request. So just forget about your mistakes, don't accept defeat, be positive and hope for the very best.
It will end in praise

Amen My Brother. Hmmmm Refused after Passport Request?

That's Day Light Robbery. I think CIC needs to be probed for robbing us our hard earned Money on Visa Fee and biometric fee including unnecessary spending on Medicals
When they knew that they gonna refused the applicant.

All In all I won't loose hope. Once again Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Betty19: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2015
Hello nairaland..my first time here..please what is the best way to pay for fees from nigeria to a Canadian college..your advice is highly needed.also anyone going to seneca college in the house?.thank you.nice thread!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I tracked on Thursday or so, and it has been been dispatched. Don't worry, we should get our dispatch mails from vfs on Monday by God's grace. Relax!

Same here to I tracked yesterday and I discovered it has been dispatched the same day I got approval mail...

Pls wat other letter wld be in tht mail or is it just the pdf file attached to the approval mail??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
lamama1:

Same here to I tracked yesterday and I discovered it has been dispatched the same day I got approval mail...

Pls wat other letter wld be in tht mail or is it just the pdf file attached to the approval mail??
. @ayo pls add me on bbm let's chat or send ur. Privatly@lamama I got. Approval mail on tuesday but wen I tracked it,it has not been dispatched
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
please house,how much those it cost to sit for a toefl exam? must i have an international passport before I can sit for toefl ?and how many weeks those it take the toefl result to be out for check ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
ajaereogechi:
. @ayo pls add me on bbm let's chat or send ur. Privatly@lamama I got. Approval mail on tuesday but wen I tracked it,it has not been dispatched

Ok. You can send me a mail with dboi4luv2@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
lamama1:

it should be the same letter we got through mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 2grozz: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Royat1:
please house,how much those it cost to sit for a toefl exam? must i have an international passport before I can sit for toefl ?and how many weeks those it take the toefl result to be out for check ?

Check this might help: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/about/fees/

And yes I think you need international passport to write it. I stand to be corrected.

Result can be ready as early as in 2weeks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Teds(f): 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
Nyquist:

No, I havn't gotten any other mail. Hopefully i'll get soon. Yours is coming too
Ok finger crossed. Please let me knw wen u do tnx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Royat1:
please what's the meaning of post secondary transcript for undergraduate students? please someone should shed more light.

The school you attended after your secondary school. It might be a Polytechnic or even college.

Hope this helps...

***Appreciate***

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
Godymn:

The school you attended after your secondary school. It might be a Polytechnic or even college.

Hope this helps...

***Appreciate***
thanks! someone told me that they don't really check the polytechnic or university degree certificate, that its used as study gap.. like they want to know what you have been doing, since you graduated from secondary school. am I right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 2grozz: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
Royat1:

Pre: before.......
So.....any certification/transcript after leaving. Secondary school.....
Stand to be corrected

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
Royat1:
thanks! someone told me that they don't really check the polytechnic or university degree certificate, that its used as study gap.. like they want to know what you have been doing, since you graduated from secondary school. am I right?

I can't say about that. You might be correct. Though some schools might wana know your performance and use that to know/rate you if you can cope in the program you applied for. Schools won't wana spoil their reputation.

Hope this helps...

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nyquist(m): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
Teds:

Ok finger crossed. Please let me knw wen u do tnx.

Alright, I most definitely would
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
echesuzu:
Hi, everyone. I am new here. I want to congratulate all successful and unsuccessful TRV applicants. God has a purpose for everyone. I applied online on August 11 on a Canadian Scholarship for a Masters Programme but apart from the one month auto message, I have not heard from CIC. My lectures have since started. Any hint on what to do next?

hello, please can you send you email address across to me? don't really know how to use nairaland effectively. waiting for your response. thanks

my email address is novellas2000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bugzi: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hello can someone help me with this question. IS it okay to write that I would be accommodate by my sister in Canada even though I have enough money for my accommodation. please advise. Do I tell d consular I would look for my own application or tell him I would stay with my sister during the cause of study, which one is bera?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
please house universities in Canada do they accepet neco in lure of waec.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
bugzi:
Hello can someone help me with this question. IS it okay to write that I would be accommodate by my sister in Canada even though I have enough money for my accommodation. please advise. Do I tell d consular I would look for my own application or tell him I would stay with my sister during the cause of study, which one is bera?
Not so sure but I think if she is a PR, she could support your application with a letter stating she'd accomodate you. I think even though ur sister is over there, it's not necessary to state you will be staying with her. Just make sure you have sufficient funds to cover tuition + $10,000. When you're granted the TRV, nothing stops you from staying with her if you so wish.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Royat1:

That's not true! If you're going for undergrad, the school will ask for transcript from all the post secondary schools u've attended. The reason basically is to compare what you've done (in terms of courses) with what you will do at the Uni, and then see possibility of waiving some courses for you, with that you will offer less courses and of course pay less. But if unfortunately there's no relationship between the two (that is the old and new) then you will have to offer all the courses with no waiver at all. And also, if you didn't do so well in your first undergrad, you shouldn't be worried as it won't affect the outcome of the school's decision on admission, as the decision will be based on your O'level result and probably SoP (not sure referee is required for undergrad).
I stand to be corrected anyway......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
bugzi:

It's better not to involve her. If you have a sponsor here in naija, it's ok to just use ur naija sponsor. If her soa is good, then she could be ur sponsor or co-sponsor. Just know this; having a sister in Canada will not influence the outcome of ur application in any way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Godymn:

I can't say about that. You might be correct. Though some schools might wana know your performance and use that to know/rate you if you can cope in the program you applied for. Schools won't wana spoil their reputation.

Hope this helps...

***Appreciate***

I doubt if any school will use an applicant's past undergrad record to judge such applicant, else they will be encouraging applicants not to disclose such info. They also know shit happens, the fact that you didn't do well in biology does not mean you won't do well in physics, the fact that you didn't do well in Nigeria does not mean you won't do well in Canada. I think admission decision will be based on the school's or department's admission requirements, I.e waec or neco, toefl or ielts etc. The post secondary transcript is just to award course/credit waiver. But this applies to undergrad admission only.
Just my thinking, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 2grozz: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
bugzi:

There is really no need for that.....
Since you can afford it just state your independence from your sister, even if eventually you would still want to be with her.
Stating that she would be accommodating you wont better ur chances of getting the trv......so why bother?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by austinebode: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hi guys.
Please, do we now have just one VAC centre in lagos now? Tot there is one around Oregun
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hello house, please how do I pay for the online application. Which bank works.. Cos it's asking for credit card... Pls I need ur help urgently
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by morgan2006(m): 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
ikem01:
Hello house, please how do I pay for the online application. Which bank works.. Cos it's asking for credit card... Pls I need ur help urgently

GTBANK Naira Mastercard
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chichi89(f): 1:48am On Oct 12, 2015
No
ikem01:
Hello house, happy Sunday... Please I want to ask in ur IMM1294E, how did u answer this question
Q. Did you ever serve in any militia, military or civil service in a security organization or police force (including non obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer units)?

I know I have completed my NYSC, so the question is am I to answer yes?
Pease ur help is truly appreciated. Hello house, happy Sunday... Please I want to ask in ur IMM1294E, how did u answer this question
Q. Did you ever serve in any militia, military or civil service in a security organization or police force (including non obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer units)?

I know I have completed my NYSC, so the question is am I to answer yes?
Pease ur help is truly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 4:56am On Oct 12, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I doubt if any school will use an applicant's past undergrad record to judge such applicant, else they will be encouraging applicants not to disclose such info. They also know shit happens, the fact that you didn't do well in biology does not mean you won't do well in physics, the fact that you didn't do well in Nigeria does not mean you won't do well in Canada. I think admission decision will be based on the school's or department's admission requirements, I.e waec or neco, toefl or ielts etc. The post secondary transcript is just to award course/credit waiver. But this applies to undergrad admission only.
Just my thinking, I stand to be corrected.

I understand where your coming from. But there are schools out there that do not only compare the courses you did at post secondary, they also look at your performance. Lets take it like this, if there is a course you did at post sec. and it relates with theirs and your performance in that course isn't all that good, i doubt if they will wave that for you as they also have standards.
My thoughts though...

***Appreciate***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Godymn: 5:09am On Oct 12, 2015
austinebode:
Hi guys.
Please, do we now have just one VAC centre in lagos now? Tot there is one around Oregun

They have long moved to Lekki.

***Appreciate***

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.