Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1041232 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by uksconsult: 7:08am On Oct 10, 2015
@team12 please would need you to shed more light on accompany spouse. I would love my spouse and only son to accompany me to Canada .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2015
uksconsult:
@team12 please would need you to shed more light on accompany spouse. I would love my spouse and only son to accompany me to Canada .

Though not directed at me, I think you should apply with just your son so hubby can be a strong home tie (I did same). Then when your application is successful, hubby can apply to come visiting. for your spouse you can apply for th OSWP to enable him work while in Canada. Team12 has Done the OSWP, she can guide you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by realnig21: 7:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Congrats bro on your TRV. I just want to know if i have anybody on this thread that applied same day with me cos I remember seeing some guys for Seneca College. So we can talk and keep track together. Thanks once more and the wait for TRV no be here.
ayooluwatoni:

Don't be troubled, u will be just fine. You're still within normal application processing time. It takes about 46 days (unconfirmed though) normally before medical call, some ppl are only lucky to get it earlier. So remain hopeful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2015
My question is, do I need go for my medical before application or medicals after application?

Jayfizzle:
First Post, learnt about this thread 7 weeks into my application and just wanted to give back;

Visa Application: June 11th (Online)
Medical: Upfront May 29th (did mine outside the country)
Biometrics: June 11th
Medical Passed: 21st August
Passport Request/Approval: 25th August (submitted same day)
Passport Collected (with Correspondence letter): 27th August (2yrs TRV)

Going to SAIT, BAPT (Applied Degree) program, don't know why it took so long but glad I got approved.
I guess they are still attending to Fall Applicants, so there still hope for those waiting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2015
I paid my fees to lambton college through ecobank form A last week Thursday and up til now the transaction hasn't been completed and my friends that paid using different banks last week Friday were debited yesterday am stil waiting for mine to be debited.. Was wondering how long does it take for these transactions to be completed.. Has anyone experienced such before
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2015
Aduke02:
Hello everyone,

Is there anybody here heading to Montreal in January 2016 (McGill or Concordia)? I have a room available to transfer my lease. I just graduated from McGill and relocated to Regina. Please pm me if you need more information. Thanks and all the best with your visa applications.

How is Regina? Is it a good place to hustle? Are there jobs there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2015
mickey45:

Ok... Do rest well o! I take it you have enough "naijans" to settle you in on arrival...

Yea. Thank you! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2015
Aduke02:
Hello everyone,

Is there anybody here heading to Montreal in January 2016 (McGill or Concordia)? I have a room available to transfer my lease. I just graduated from McGill and relocated to Regina. Please pm me if you need more information. Thanks and all the best with your visa applications.

Hello Aduke,

I'm heading to Concordia University , Montreal December. I'll reply your PM ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2015
I paid my fees to lambton college through ecobank form A last week Thursday and up til now the transaction hasn't been completed and my friends that paid using different banks last week Friday were debited yesterday am stil waiting for mine to be debited.. Was wondering how long does it take for these transactions to be completed.. Has anyone experienced such before
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2015
niyiguy:
My question is, do I need go for my medical before application or medicals after application?

The choice is yours. You can do an upfront medical and submit it with your application OR you submit without one and wait for CIC to send you instructions for medical.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Solitin40: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2015
montrealer:
So many questions at once.

Make you take am easy. First get admission then worry about of school accommodation with Nigerian students wink

It's kinda late to start an application for winter 2016, cos the admission process varies from weeks to months. Secondly, visa processing time ranges from 4-12 weeks, so realistically speaking, January 2016 is a long short (unless you've already gotten your application in).

Not sure what you mean by university 1 program, but I think it refers to the 1st year when you takes courses to build the required GPA for your desired major.

As for amount in sponsors bank account (we just finished discussing this, last 2-3 pages), you need at least :
((Annual tuition + 10,000 living expenses) x 2) + 2M buffer.

Tank u very much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 9:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Pls for people that have paid for visa application online, is the zip/postal code really important? I now have an online enabled GTBank card, but it's still not going through for me. I used the exact bank account address associated with the card but still no luck angry any hints on how to put the address, city and zip code for it to work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by akogun84(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Pls I need urgent response.....pple in the house!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2015
niyiguy:

Yeah you can do upfront medicals to make your application processing time shorter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 9:54am On Oct 10, 2015
obiscolly:
Pls for people that have paid for visa application online, is the zip/postal code really important? I now have an online enabled GTBank card, but it's still not going through for me. I used the exact bank account address associated with the card but still no luck angry any hints on how to put the address, city and zip code for it to work?

Zip/postal code isn't necessary if it wasn't used in the person's bank account. I'll suggest you log into the bank account, under account info, copy the exact address as it is in the online banking platform or account statement print out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2015
Khalesi:

Zip/postal code isn't necessary if it wasn't used in the person's bank account. I'll suggest you log into the bank account, under account info, copy the exact address as it is in the online banking platform or account statement print out.
That's the issue, it wasn't used and it's a compulsory field to fill in the form. I tried it with the zip code and it gave an error message. I'm using the same address on the online banking platform.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 10, 2015
akogun84:
Pls I need only advice from someone that has passed this sitiation. I just got my 3 months TRV,and my mission is to go there hustle and maybe things will change for better,cus I've graduated since 2010 without job.Pls when u were in this kind of situation how did u survive it when u get there?
Canada don't issue three months TRV,the minimum is six months. I guess you are not referring to Canada TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2015
Hello guys,
Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan which is better in terms of job things
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 10:31am On Oct 10, 2015
Haustraliah:

Canada don't issue three months TRV,the minimum is six months. I guess you are not referring to Canada TRV.
please explain. To us more better
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2015
obiscolly:

That's the issue, it wasn't used and it's a compulsory field to fill in the form. I tried it with the zip code and it gave an error message. I'm using the same address on the online banking platform.

Can you check on NIPOST website for the post code of that area and try to use it.

If that doesn't work, let's talk on PM maybe I can help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2015
niyiguy:

how many year is your course that they u 2yrs trv?pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Inkblood: 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
justwise:

[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***
[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF ALL POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPE

FIND OUT WHERE STUDY PERMITS ARE PROCESSED FOR NIGERIANS

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MEDICAL FORM IMM5753E

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS
COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS WITH & WITHOUT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

@thesoj good job helping people here bro
please check this link for me, i want to use them for my gcms file request and i'm not so sure how legit they are

***UPDATED***

NICE!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oligee: 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hello people! Please I need help for a friend who wants to apply for Express Entry and he scored 6.5 on IELTS, the wife also scored the same score. Please what is their prospect of being selected when they enter the pool.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ManTiger(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
Anybody interested in a shared apartment in ON Toronto should PM me. Student preferably. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aduke02(f): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
Futurewiser:

How is Regina? Is it a good place to hustle? Are there jobs there?

Hi Futurewiser,

Regina is a good place to be, if you like smaller cities and quiet places. I don't mind so i love it here. There are also job opportunities available here too, depending on what you are looking for. For me, it was a good deal as i studied law and it was practically impossible for me to practice in Quebec without being fluently bilingual.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aduke02(f): 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
VickyRotex:

Hello Aduke,

I'm heading to Concordia University , Montreal December. I'll reply your PM ASAP.

That's great news! please do, i await your reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
judnele:

I was given sciences. It's like a pre professional course for medical school. Pre-medicine
My thoughts exactly! Pls b aware that d same applies for nursing too, u ain't coming straight into d college of nursing, u'll be placed in U1 first (similar to sciences / pre-nursing class), if u perform excellently, then ur application to the College of Nursing will be considered... Guess it's d norm for medical courses @ undergrad level, so weigh both courses & ur passion well before deciding. Wishing u d best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
Futurewiser:

Hello guys,
Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan which is better in terms of job things
Depends on d job category; regular or NOC-listed job. If u r in d health sector, u'll fit in all 3 provinces, if not, I'll recommend u be more specific.. maybe then more ppl can comment.. Best regards!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by steinmajor: 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
berexio1:
check d last page of part 8. I answered u
berexio1 pls e-mail me at steinmajor@gmail.com. I have something very important to ask u. Plzzz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
ajaereogechi:
how many year is your course that they u 2yrs trv?pls reply

@ajaereogechi has ur document been dispatched....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
Aduke02:

That's great news! please do, i await your reply.

Thank you. Replied!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
lamama1:

@ajaereogechi has ur document been dispatched....
(it has not been dispatched ohhh.i am even tired. Of waiting and urs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.